What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (2 Viewers)

'krista4 said:
Seattle friends. With no plan in hand, we are going to try to hang with friends in Ballard tomorrow at The Walrus and the Carpenter so that I can have oysters for the 19th meal in a row (or so). I have 'ninja's number but no one else's at this point...no idea if they will have MNF there but that's where we'll be...?
Just seeing this. The Walrus is far too trendy to be showing the game.

'krista4 said:
Seattle friends. With no plan in hand, we are going to try to hang with friends in Ballard tomorrow at The Walrus and the Carpenter so that I can have oysters for the 19th meal in a row (or so). I have 'ninja's number but no one else's at this point...no idea if they will have MNF there but that's where we'll be...?
no tvs in that place at all from what I can tell.

'krista4 said:
Sorry about K4 ditching you guys. :(

Krista - I hope you at least have been getting your fill of kumamatos. No other oysters is even worth eating when those are available.

So any of you know much about Minneapolis? I will be there next week for business, staying near 394 and Park at the DoubleTree. Any decent places to eat/drink there?

So any of you know much about Minneapolis? I will be there next week for business, staying near 394 and Park at the DoubleTree. Any decent places to eat/drink there?
I don't know that area all that well, but it looks like you have an Olive Garden pretty close by.

'Good said:
Sorry for strafing your profession GM, I get all those ####### guys confused and I didn't have much to go on so I had to make do with what I had. I know there are some good hedge fund guys out there who do provide value.Dunno how many more times I'm going to fight an entire thread anymore, this is iExhausting.
No worries at all. I loved the rant, just didn't know where the hedge fund angst stemmed from. There's some well deserved criticism of the industry and some real bad dudes in the business, but conceptually, it's a legitimate enterprise. Sure wish we could make some money at it. This year has been brutal. Redemptions out the wazoo. No new money coming in. Bad performance. I might be looking for a new job soon. :kicksrock:

'krista4 said:
Too bad there was no opportunity for the locals to name a decent venue. Pigskin P was in Austin over the weekend and we saw him Sunday. We had world's best tacos at Amaya's and watched a lot of football. There may have been alcohol involved.

'Frostillicus said:
So, I'm going to be a bit of a downer, and I apologize in advance.

I have had all kinds of wonderful intentions of bumping GM's awesome recap of a day in August where he referred to a "May Baby" that Romo and I had created.

There actually was a May Baby on Board, but sadly, no longer. I learned the news Thursday afternoon and have been relatively unfazed up until now. I understand what has occurred on an intellectual level and, in that regard, have been perfectly okay with it.

I did not, however, understand what it would feel like when it was actually happening. I know my hormones are all over the place, but this is pretty ####ty.

Sorry to bog this thread down with what is probably TMI, but I didn't tell anyone IRL and I think I just need to let some of this out.
So sorry to hear. I wouldn't hesitate to seek support from IRL people, as you will be surprised at how many people you know have gone through the same situation.
This. When it happened to us we ha no idea how common it was. Talk to someone.
Yeah, I'm on board with this too. We went through it last year and I was okay - strong even - for the first 2 days while my wife was a mess. Then, I just lost it. I think Stryker might know a thing or two about that. :unsure: Bottom line is: it's a loss. And it hurts. And there's really no words that will help. Only time and love.

Sorry GB.

Colin's Blazing Five

Buccaneers at Cowboys (-7.5)

Eagles at Cardinals (+3.5)

Bengals (+3) at Redskins

49ers at Vikings (+7)

Jets (-2.5) at Dolphins
:coffee: Love the idea of a Bengals/Cardinals ML Parlay [/Cosjobs]
Bengals suck.
- Bengals were a playoff team last year- Red Rifle will face decimated pass rush with injuries to Carriker/Orakpo

- Bengals defense vastly underrated, gets back best pass rusher in Dunlap

- Underdogs treat me right

Side bet?
We talking about the same Bengals team that gave up 430+ yards to Brandon Weeden's Browns last week?Look, I'm not betting against my team, just trying to help you out.
Update?So...I did one of Cosjobs Round Robin MONEY LINE parlays yesterday using Cowherd's underdogs.

Vikings +255

Cardinals +145

Bengals +140

Seahawks +165

Risked $85 to win $1,055. Since the first three legs hit, I've been paid $300.35 so far, but the big payday comes if Seattle wins outright.

I've talked to the Guru Cos and asked his advice about hedging this thing out...he said let it ride since the Packers are -180. But man, I sure could use the money. Just got some hospital bills for Baby Hazel and jesus...despite having insurance, I'm sick to my stomach over what I just got in the mail.

Hedge or let it ride?

Colin's Blazing Five

Bengals (+3) at Redskins

49ers at Vikings (+7)

Jets (-2.5) at Dolphins
Bengals suck.
- Bengals were a playoff team last year- Red Rifle will face decimated pass rush with injuries to Carriker/Orakpo

Side bet?
We talking about the same Bengals team that gave up 430+ yards to Brandon Weeden's Browns last week?Look, I'm not betting against my team, just trying to help you out.
Update?So...I did one of Cosjobs Round Robin MONEY LINE parlays yesterday using Cowherd's underdogs.

Vikings +255

Cardinals +145

Bengals +140

Seahawks +165

Risked $85 to win $1,055. Since the first three legs hit, I've been paid $300.35 so far, but the big payday comes if Seattle wins outright.

I've talked to the Guru Cos and asked his advice about hedging this thing out...he said let it ride since the Packers are -180. But man, I sure could use the money. Just got some hospital bills for Baby Hazel and jesus...despite having insurance, I'm sick to my stomach over what I just got in the mail.

Hedge or let it ride?
Let it ride. This week showed that anything is possible, and I like Seattle at home in yet another "no one believes in us" game.:GMsweatactivated:

If you bet $360 on the Packers ML, you win $200 more if they win for a total profit around $500.

If the Seahawks win, you get $1055 minus $360 for a total profit around $700.

That's just one example. Would you rather have $200 guaranteed or a shot at an extra $360? I'd probably rather have the guaranteed money, unless I felt really confident in the Seahawks.

another option is to look for prime hedge opportunities during live betting. If Seattle gets an early lead or something and you can get positive odds on your Packers ML bet, then it becomes a no-brainer, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you bet $360 on the Packers ML, you win $200 more if they win for a total profit around $500.If the Seahawks win, you get $1055 minus $360 for a total profit around $700.That's just one example. Would you rather have $200 guaranteed or a shot at an extra $360? I'd probably rather have the guaranteed money, unless I felt really confident in the Seahawks.another option is to look for prime hedge opportunities during live betting. If Seattle gets an early lead or something and you can get positive odds on your Packers ML bet, then it becomes a no-brainer, IMO.
:goodposting:

I would just sweat it out, but if I did hedge, I think I'd go ahead and go the alt line of GB+3.5 -300. Lay 600 to get 200 and still have an oppty to "middle" and win all your bets.

I'm normally a calm, reasonable, level-headed person, but the other day I went full-MOP on a woman driver in a grocery store parking lot. Totally snapped and lost it. It felt kinda good.

I'm a little behind, but very sorry for your loss YSR. My wife miscarried in between our two boys. It was hard for me, but awful for her.

She ended up changing OB/GYNs because her first doc did not take her concerns very seriously and the new guy did some simple genetic tests that identified a mutation with a straightforward treatment. Anyway, the whole point is to make sure your doc is paying attention to you and, if you want, get some tests done to rule out common causes of miscarriage.

If you bet $360 on the Packers ML, you win $200 more if they win for a total profit around $500.

That's just one example. Would you rather have $200 guaranteed or a shot at an extra $360? I'd probably rather have the guaranteed money, unless I felt really confident in the Seahawks.

another option is to look for prime hedge opportunities during live betting. If Seattle gets an early lead or something and you can get positive odds on your Packers ML bet, then it becomes a no-brainer, IMO.
Genius. Thanks GB. :thumbup:

Go get em! :hifive:

Colin's Blazing Five

Bengals (+3) at Redskins

49ers at Vikings (+7)

Jets (-2.5) at Dolphins
Bengals suck.

Side bet?

Vikings +255

Cardinals +145

Bengals +140

Seahawks +165

Hedge or let it ride?
I will always hedge on a big payoff.:guaranteedmoney:

:vent:Going to NYC for meetings. Can only get a free flight if I come back Saturday morning. I need to be back in LA on Saturday morning. It's going to cost me a $230 voucher + $300 to get on the Friday night flight. Thanks a whole bunch ######## guess who is freaking eating lobster on the company card #%#<^%}^%#}#!!!!/endrant
Once more with feeling and coherence.

Been in contact with K4 and she said she might be able to be convinced to meeting somewhere more football friendly if anyone came up with a plan. Sounds like Mason wouldn't be in until after the game anyway, though so don't know if that will happen

Lots of good restaurants if you drive into downtown.
How far am I from what is considered downtown and any recommendations?
You're right off 394 which is a straight shot into downtown.Cafe Lurcat is good. :shrug:
Thanks. Appreciate the Crave recommendation as well, I just have no idea how far this hotel is from downtown and whatnot. Do you know if there any good sports bars around where I am going to be?

:vent:Going to NYC for meetings. Can only get a free flight if I come back Saturday morning. I need to be back in LA on Saturday morning. It's going to cost me a $230 voucher + $300 to get on the Friday night flight. Thanks a whole bunch ######## guess who is freaking eating lobster on the company card #%#<^%}^%#}#!!!!/endrant
Once more with feeling and coherence.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: It's like it was written by Hipple.

You're right off 394 which is a straight shot into downtown.Cafe Lurcat is good. :shrug:
Thanks. Appreciate the Crave recommendation as well, I just have no idea how far this hotel is from downtown and whatnot. Do you know if there any good sports bars around where I am going to be?
Champs Americana for the win! Mention Scupper's name, get a better seat.

Meh, we have one in the Chicago burb I live in and not a fan. But thanks GM.

You're like 5 miles from downtown. There's nearly endless options there.

Meh, we have one in the Chicago burb I live in and not a fan. But thanks GM.
I was kinda joking here. I was only in one for like 5 minutes before the caravan headed north...or south...or...just where the hell is Hayward, Wisconsin from Minneapolis?

Been in contact with K4 and she said she might be able to be convinced to meeting somewhere more football friendly if anyone came up with a plan. Sounds like Mason wouldn't be in until after the game anyway, though so don't know if that will happen
"hey, I know you're a fortune small number company and I flew out here to interview for an executive level position, but I'm going to need a minute to call my friends from the Internet about watching football."

only downside there is babysitting live betting and if Seattle falls behind early you have lost your chance to hedge AND if seattle gets up big you have to have the discipline to follow the plan and not get over confident and say 'Screw it, I have the right side." I would look to see if you can get GB + points at any point and give yourself a chance at a middle. Great Job by the way!

:goodposting:Downtown Minneapolis is great. Leave your hotel and the TGI/Chilis area behind.

:goodposting:Downtown Minneapolis is great. Leave your hotel and the TGI/Chilis area behind.
That's the plan. Work should be 8-4 so I should have plenty of free time.

Did anyone see Kat Dennings' boobs on the Emmys last night? Milker City.
:goodposting:Big fan. There's posters of her up in my office, they're my favorites. Luckily some other photos of her have "accidentally" leaked out that are worth checking out.

Users who are viewing this thread