What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (5 Viewers)

'shuke said:
I'm normally a calm, reasonable, level-headed person, but the other day I went full-MOP on a woman driver in a grocery store parking lot. Totally snapped and lost it. It felt kinda good.
Details?I totally lost it a few weeks ago in an airport at some lady who thought the moving walkway was a ride at Disneyland.

I guess I was in a bad mood already. We had just landed and I was lined up in the jetway waiting for my valet-checked luggage, with about 50 other people. Just as they start unloaded, these two guys just stand down there in the middle of the two lines of people waiting for their luggage, so no one else can see what is down there. All these timid people waiting were just looking at each other and shrugging or rolling their eyes, so of course I am forced to tell these guys to get out of the way.

Then I'm walking through the airport, and this is after sitting for a 3 hour flight, so my plantar fasciitis was killing me. I am heading down the moving walkway and there is a guy standing on the right, and a man and woman standing on the left just a few feet in front of the other guy. Three people in front of me had to squeeze through the spot and this couple is oblivious. So I just barrel through there not caring if my rollerbag bumps in to her stuff that she has sitting by her feet. She waits until I'm about 20 feet ahead and calls out sarcastically, "Oh excuse me, I'm sorry if I'm in the way". I turn around and yell "Yea you were in the ####### way. STAND TO THE RIGHT AND WALK TO THE LEFT".

Totally out of character for me. I still feel bad about it.
About six weeks ago we head out to a local Italian restaurant for a meal. We have the little guy with us, so we want to park as close to the entrance as possible. There are two cars about to leave near the front, and an open spot to the left of them, but these two are talking to each other like it's a last farewell, and the driver on the left is standing with her door wide open yapping away so that we can't pull in. We idle the car about 15 feet away making it evident that we're waiting for either of them to leave, or for her to move her fat sow ass out of the way. A good minute goes by (felt like longer), and I'm nearly visibly steaming at this point. They are just blabbing like this is their personal driveway.What happened next was almost beyond comprehension. Instead of getting in her car and driving away like a normal human, this woman decides to walk into the store next door leaving her driver side door wide open and blocking us from pulling into the available spot. So, not only has she not left, but she's actively keeping us from parking in an open spot. I'm actually stunned that anyone could be 1) this oblivious and/or 2) this rude. Realizing that she probably struck up another impromptu conversation with someone in the store, I get out of the car and calmly walk over to her still running vehicle and close the door. I wave to my wife to pull the car in, while this skank's parking lot chat partner looks at me like I just killed a puppy. Sure, I laid a hand on a $50k Mercedes while it was still running, but this is asinine, and frankly, she's lucky I didn't put in drive and run the thing into the brick wall that lay ahead.

As my wife pulls our car in (she's not the greatest at parking), she pulls too close to the Mercedes for anyone to access the driver's door. Of course this whore come bumbling out of the store and is aghast at this act of defiance. She meekly mutters "I can't get in." Within a microsecond, I shot back something, but I was so steamed I don't even remember what it was. All I know is that she stopped talking. My wife isn't really on board with the mounting aggression (I was livid), and she repositioned the car so that this nihilist ####### can get in her car. As we walk by the other guy, he is just sitting there dumbfounded.

It's #### like this that just blows my mind. The complete indifference to the world around you is stunning to me. Nothing will get me more ticked off.
Couple of years ago, the wife and I were picking someone up at the airport, and were parking in the 30 minute or less parking close to baggage. She was trying to make a left into an open spot but a guy was standing in the parking spot and started #####ing at us, as she was turning in. I jumped out of the car, screamed something to the affect of parking spots are for cars and not fatasses as he moved out of the way.

Colin's Blazing Five

Buccaneers at Cowboys (-7.5)

Eagles at Cardinals (+3.5)

Bengals (+3) at Redskins

49ers at Vikings (+7)

Jets (-2.5) at Dolphins
:coffee: Love the idea of a Bengals/Cardinals ML Parlay [/Cosjobs]
Bengals suck.
- Bengals were a playoff team last year- Red Rifle will face decimated pass rush with injuries to Carriker/Orakpo

- Bengals defense vastly underrated, gets back best pass rusher in Dunlap

- Underdogs treat me right

Side bet?
We talking about the same Bengals team that gave up 430+ yards to Brandon Weeden's Browns last week?Look, I'm not betting against my team, just trying to help you out.
Update?So...I did one of Cosjobs Round Robin MONEY LINE parlays yesterday using Cowherd's underdogs.

Vikings +255

Cardinals +145

Bengals +140

Seahawks +165

Risked $85 to win $1,055. Since the first three legs hit, I've been paid $300.35 so far, but the big payday comes if Seattle wins outright.

I've talked to the Guru Cos and asked his advice about hedging this thing out...he said let it ride since the Packers are -180. But man, I sure could use the money. Just got some hospital bills for Baby Hazel and jesus...despite having insurance, I'm sick to my stomach over what I just got in the mail.

Hedge or let it ride?
Let it ride. This week showed that anything is possible, and I like Seattle at home in yet another "no one believes in us" game.:GMsweatactivated:
:excited:

I hope the Packers refuse to come out.

Edit: just for the drama, not that the outcome bothers me one bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Colin's Blazing Five

Buccaneers at Cowboys (-7.5)

Eagles at Cardinals (+3.5)

Bengals (+3) at Redskins

49ers at Vikings (+7)

Jets (-2.5) at Dolphins
:coffee: Love the idea of a Bengals/Cardinals ML Parlay [/Cosjobs]
Bengals suck.
- Bengals were a playoff team last year- Red Rifle will face decimated pass rush with injuries to Carriker/Orakpo

- Bengals defense vastly underrated, gets back best pass rusher in Dunlap

- Underdogs treat me right

Side bet?
We talking about the same Bengals team that gave up 430+ yards to Brandon Weeden's Browns last week?Look, I'm not betting against my team, just trying to help you out.
Update?So...I did one of Cosjobs Round Robin MONEY LINE parlays yesterday using Cowherd's underdogs.

Vikings +255

Cardinals +145

Bengals +140

Seahawks +165

Risked $85 to win $1,055. Since the first three legs hit, I've been paid $300.35 so far, but the big payday comes if Seattle wins outright.

I've talked to the Guru Cos and asked his advice about hedging this thing out...he said let it ride since the Packers are -180. But man, I sure could use the money. Just got some hospital bills for Baby Hazel and jesus...despite having insurance, I'm sick to my stomach over what I just got in the mail.

Hedge or let it ride?
Let it ride. This week showed that anything is possible, and I like Seattle at home in yet another "no one believes in us" game.:GMsweatactivated:
:excited:
I tossed $200 on Packers +150 in 2nd Q....so hedged a little. What a gigantic cluster screw. I've never seen anything like this in my life.

'Angry Beavers said:
'Aaron Rudnicki said:
'General Malaise said:
put $200 on Pack +150 live betting.
:thumbup: Hawks look tough, but it's nice to have a backup plan.
This one is coming down to the wire IMHO as GB just found their running game. Good move to lock in some profit at what is probably the best odds you are going to get on GB.
Would have been nice had I known the refs were on the take in this one.
yeah, good thing the smart refs were at this game.My boss is a Packers fan, can't wait to ask him how the game was tomorrow.

Good god there are a lot of rockheads in the SP.

"GB got screwed".

Oh, really? Thanks for your ground-breaking analysis, Coach Cleats.

NFL Network is already spinning this as simultaneous possesion. :loco:
Tate did have two hands and a forearm on the ball. The defender had it pulled to his chest. :shrug:
I saw one. Never mind that he chucked a guy before the ball got there. Gerry Austin on ESPN said it was an interception.
Both receivers for Seattle took out a defender as the ball was in the air. Even real refs probably would not call that on the last play, its not reviewable (penalties) and GB did the same four plays earlier. So all that matters to me is the possession rule.I do not know exactly how it reads. But Tate did have his hands on it - the defender had hands and body on it. Does that matter ? Does it still qualify as simultaneous possession? :shrug:

if a defender catches the ball to his chest and a receiver puts a hand or two on it, that's not simultaneous possession.

you can't just touch a ball to take possession.

Seriously, Russell Wilson is special. I've never seen a QB lead his team to a game-winning drive in which he threw two interceptions.

:boxing:

How many more of these abortions before Goodell does something?:packerfanmeltdown:
how many more before the owners force Goodell out?
So as a Packer fan what is your opinion of that last touchdown/INT? Too close to call, right?
haven't seen a TD catch that clear since Tate's first td in the gameguy was an octopus out there. looked like his stomach opened up and just absorbed the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread