What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (7 Viewers)

E10, Krista, YSR and any other females checking in here, I could use some help. I need to get Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Holiday/whatever gifts for my female clients. I need 50-60 so I need to be somewhat frugal plus I still need to buy for my male clients. I have it narrowed down to the following, please rank in the order of your preference.

TIA

Bob in St. Louis

This

MisfitBlondes said:
MisfitBlondes said:
Pretty sure a funky thumb is a direct side effect of ball cancer.

Sorry GB.
Left or right ball?
Right thumb, left ball. Left thumb, right ball. Got this from a guy in the Shark Poll that knows things.
:lmao: Deek.I'm still about 50/50 of losing my right thumb. If the meds don't take in the next week or so I'm probably looking at an amputation. The blood poisoning will take a bit more time but I'm pretty sure I'll get back to my usual bitter self in no time.
At least it's all free.

MisfitBlondes said:
this is out of hand, but at least an improvement.
I'd almost give my right thumb for your original name back. :lmao:I had to edit because my typing sucks now without use of my right thumb.
this is why I'm happy to have semi-evolved monkey-like toes. if I ever lose a finger, I'm just going to have them sew one of those suckers on my hand, and WA LA new finger.

Jaysus. A properly poured pint of Guinness is a gift from beyond.
Last night, I poured a Johnnie Walker Black neat while the wife poured a Jameson. They lasted all night long and eventually, I passed out watching TV with a quarter inch of goodness left in my glass. My wife, awesome woman that she is, tried to salvage that final swig by pouring it back in the bottle. Only one problem...she thought I too had Jameson and poured my Scotch into the Jameson bottle. So, I'm having a Jameson tonight. It has a little different tinge to it, but I'm muddling through. Warm and comforting...like an internal blanket.

MisfitBlondes said:
Awesome that my family doc also works the ER...I just got the call that I have severe sepsis and I need to go to the hospital before I go into shock. I have the feeling this isn't going to be fun. :mellow:
:bow:Get well, GB.

MisfitBlondes said:
Awesome that my family doc also works the ER...I just got the call that I have severe sepsis and I need to go to the hospital before I go into shock. I have the feeling this isn't going to be fun. :mellow:
Nothing to say here except get well and random ipeople around the globe are pulling for youGlllllllllllllll

No idea what to get my dad...again. When he wants something, he goes and gets it. He has every tool, gadget, electronic, toy known to man.
Socks and underwearA rocking chairTickets to something he would like to doSteaks from Omaha or something similarA case of his favorite beerHomemade dessert - cookies, penuche fudge, something he can't make for himself and wouldn't otherwise get to haveA deck of dirty playing cards
The cookies along with a gift card is better than the gift card by itself. He's not "old". Pretend you're picking out things for your brother, not your grandfather. My parents are in their 50s.

MisfitBlondes said:
Awesome that my family doc also works the ER...I just got the call that I have severe sepsis and I need to go to the hospital before I go into shock. I have the feeling this isn't going to be fun. :bag:
T&P. I'm pretty sure that's what killed Jack Daniel.

E10, Krista, YSR and any other females checking in here, I could use some help. I need to get Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Holiday/whatever gifts for my female clients. I need 50-60 so I need to be somewhat frugal plus I still need to buy for my male clients. I have it narrowed down to the following, please rank in the order of your preference.

TIA

Bob in St. Louis

5 is far and away my favorite. Harry and David has some good gift items. :bag:

TIA

Bob in St. Louis

3 comes with chocolate AND a nice container. 3.

And white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are my favourite. You can't buy the pepperidge farm ones here anymore so I stock up when I'm on vacation.

No idea what to get my dad...again. When he wants something, he goes and gets it. He has every tool, gadget, electronic, toy known to man.
Gift card at his favorite eating/drinking/golfing/going to place. I love gift cards.
Canadian Tire...this will be the third year. :bag:He loves that place. Tools, electronics, automotive, small appliances, snack food, even gas. Whats not to love?

5 was my second choice.
I'm probably a bit of an anomaly as I am female but don't really care for chocolate. I enjoy a bite of a cookie or brownie from time to time, but anything beyond that is too much. But I didn't realize upon first glance that the pears are such a big part of the gift. Seems kind of weird (even though I've heard good things about these pears). I've had the moose munch though, and I like it a lot.I'm going to re-evaluate.

I'd like a turkey and swiss on an everything bagel with everything on it

Would you like mayo and mustard?

Yes, I'd like everything on it

Lettuce, tomato?

Everything please.

Cucumber, red pepper?

;)

That said, roasted red peppers are the greatest vegetable condiment in the world
your links are broke

MisfitBlondes said:
Awesome that my family doc also works the ER...I just got the call that I have severe sepsis and I need to go to the hospital before I go into shock. I have the feeling this isn't going to be fun. :wub:
T&P man, hope you get through this and get well quickly.

Because I am boarding a plane to Nashville in 3 hours and have the potential to plummet to my death, I decided to go ahead and upload the hoarding pictures.

Those of you who saw Christmas 2009 pictures will see that some areas have improved, and some have not. A couple of new things I tried to capture on this trip were the weird dolls sprinkled throughout the house and the collection of black, plastic planters (and trash cans) in the backyard.

I also got some really embarrassing baby pictures out of the albums his mother thrust upon me.

So here you are: Knoxville 2010

Be sure to check ESPN for reports of the Jags' plane being grounded because of the girl who had an anxiety attack somewhere over Alabama.

Because I am boarding a plane to Nashville in 3 hours and have the potential to plummet to my death, I decided to go ahead and upload the hoarding pictures.

Those of you who saw Christmas 2009 pictures will see that some areas have improved, and some have not. A couple of new things I tried to capture on this trip were the weird dolls sprinkled throughout the house and the collection of black, plastic planters (and trash cans) in the backyard.

I also got some really embarrassing baby pictures out of the albums his mother thrust upon me.

Be sure to check ESPN for reports of the Jags' plane being grounded because of the girl who had an anxiety attack somewhere over Alabama.
Sorry to laugh at your pain GB, but I am dying here :wub: You'd think somewhere in there they'd be able to find a rake. Maybe they're hoarding the leaves, too?

Sorry to laugh at your pain GB, but I am dying here :confused: You'd think somewhere in there they'd be able to find a rake. Maybe they're hoarding the leaves, too?
There are no fewer than 3 rakes in Garage Closet.

MisfitBlondes said:
Awesome that my family doc also works the ER...I just got the call that I have severe sepsis and I need to go to the hospital before I go into shock. I have the feeling this isn't going to be fun. :(
Oh man Doug. Hang in there brother. :(

5 was my second choice.
I'm probably a bit of an anomaly as I am female but don't really care for chocolate. I enjoy a bite of a cookie or brownie from time to time, but anything beyond that is too much. But I didn't realize upon first glance that the pears are such a big part of the gift. Seems kind of weird (even though I've heard good things about these pears). I've had the moose munch though, and I like it a lot.I'm going to re-evaluate.
I had a pear crsip for dessert last week after some Thai food at our favorite Thai restaurant. It was incredible. Pears are very underrated.

Sorry to laugh at your pain GB, but I am dying here :( You'd think somewhere in there they'd be able to find a rake. Maybe they're hoarding the leaves, too?
:( :lmao: :lmao: Thorn, you are one funny guy.

Apparently, you are trying to give your clients diabetes for Christmas.
:(I was going to put something like "fellas, feel free to flame away" but I know it wasn't necessary.Thanks E & YSR for your opinions. Krista, if you have time, I would appreciate it. We are leaving to head toward Chicago in a few minutes. Good thing there was all that snow last night. I knew we should have left last night but I was assured that the snow would stay north.

Sorry to laugh at your pain GB, but I am dying here :( You'd think somewhere in there they'd be able to find a rake. Maybe they're hoarding the leaves, too?
Damn it, I was just about to make that joke. :( My version was "are they hoarding forests in their backyard too?"

My newphews came over for a sleepover last night. There are 4 boys in my townhouse ranging in age from 5 to 8.

Question: when is it acceptable to pour a glass of Jameson? :(

MisfitBlondes said:
Awesome that my family doc also works the ER...I just got the call that I have severe sepsis and I need to go to the hospital before I go into shock. I have the feeling this isn't going to be fun. :(
Cant even use this :(

TIA

Bob in St. Louis

MisfitBlondes said:
Awesome that my family doc also works the ER...I just got the call that I have severe sepsis and I need to go to the hospital before I go into shock. I have the feeling this isn't going to be fun. :lmao:
Sepsis is serious biz. Hope everything is okay, GBI.

Last edited by a moderator:
My newphews came over for a sleepover last night. There are 4 boys in my townhouse ranging in age from 5 to 8.

Question: when is it acceptable to pour a glass of Jameson? :)
I thought you were only drinking on Sunday?Or are you only drinking on Sunday?
Teh ladder.And I'm only drinking beer on Sundays. Rest of the week is limited to a nip here or there of the brown water.

Gym this morning. 40 minutes on the eliptical. Been 6 out of the last 10 days. I'll be back in size 35 jeans in no time.

Users who are viewing this thread