What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Good research resources other than google (1 Viewer)

Hastur

Footballguy
I don't know where else to put this, but I think it is important to get the word out on these resources:

www.refseek.com - Academic Resource Search. More than a billion sources: encyclopedia, monographies, magazines.

www.worldcat.org - a search for the contents of 20 thousand worldwide libraries. Find out where lies the nearest rare book you need.

https://link.springer.com - access to more than 10 million scientific documents: books, articles, research protocols.

www.bioline.org.br is a library of scientific bioscience journals published in developing countries.

http://repec.org - volunteers from 102 countries have collected almost 4 million publications on economics and related science.

www.science.gov is an American state search engine on 2200+ scientific sites. More than 200 million articles are indexed.

www.pdfdrive.com is the largest website for free download of books in PDF format. Claiming over 225 million names.

www.base-search.net is one of the most powerful researches on academic studies texts. More than 100 million scientific documents, 70% of them are free

I don't know where else to put this, but I think it is important to get the word out on these resources:

www.refseek.com - Academic Resource Search. More than a billion sources: encyclopedia, monographies, magazines.

www.worldcat.org - a search for the contents of 20 thousand worldwide libraries. Find out where lies the nearest rare book you need.

https://link.springer.com - access to more than 10 million scientific documents: books, articles, research protocols.

www.bioline.org.br is a library of scientific bioscience journals published in developing countries.

http://repec.org - volunteers from 102 countries have collected almost 4 million publications on economics and related science.

www.science.gov is an American state search engine on 2200+ scientific sites. More than 200 million articles are indexed.

www.pdfdrive.com is the largest website for free download of books in PDF format. Claiming over 225 million names.

www.base-search.net is one of the most powerful researches on academic studies texts. More than 100 million scientific documents, 70% of them are free

Don't laugh but Wikipedia is good for the external links. My professor in College a history professor suggested using Wikipedia as it essentially puts a bunch of different links you can go to for further research. We could use wikipedia for that but not as the actual source if you get what I mean. 

Don't laugh but Wikipedia is good for the external links. My professor in College a history professor suggested using Wikipedia as it essentially puts a bunch of different links you can go to for further research. We could use wikipedia for that but not as the actual source if you get what I mean. 
I've been using it that way for some time.  It also improves my searches by providing specific search tems.

It's Google but, specifying a Google search with a "site:" prefix is useful.

For example:  site:forums.footballguys.com 25,000

I've been using it that way for some time.  It also improves my searches by providing specific search tems.

Best advice I was ever given too. I learned more about my work cited and proper research then the dumb classes they taught me in HS that was for that purpose. I got to college handed in a paper and got an F on the work cited part. Went to the professor and asked why. Told I did it wrong. When I explained to them this is how I was taught at my HS he told me to come to his office after Lunch and he would properly teach me the correct way. I did and he said go back and redo this work cited and I'm going to regrade this research paper for you. I'm not giving one of my students a bad grade for being taught something wrong I didn't know about. 

Best advice I was ever given too. I learned more about my work cited and proper research then the dumb classes they taught me in HS that was for that purpose. I got to college handed in a paper and got an F on the work cited part. Went to the professor and asked why. Told I did it wrong. When I explained to them this is how I was taught at my HS he told me to come to his office after Lunch and he would properly teach me the correct way. I did and he said go back and redo this work cited and I'm going to regrade this research paper for you. I'm not giving one of my students a bad grade for being taught something wrong I didn't know about. 
Get yourself one of these.  Covers everything.  I've actually won argument on the internet using this book.  There is a god.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread