What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gordan and Ekelar vs LAR (1 Viewer)

xenon

Footballguy
For those of you that own these guys, what are your thoughts for tomorrow vs LAR DEF?

Anybody contemplating starting either one?

and if you own both, any chance you are considering starting Ekelar instead of Gordan as LAC are likely to be facing many 3rd downs tomorrow and Ekelar may be the better option for that and in open space.

If not starting, who are you starting instead and why?  If you are starting either one, what drove that decision?

I read the following on another chat board from what sounds like a pretty analysis to me. 

"This is a Wade Philips defense.  He's going to blitz, and likely play man-to-man the entire game with a Safety deep.  It's what he always does.  That leaves the short crossing patterns totally free for the guy in the slot" and "if If they hit Ekeler once the linebackers have already rushed past him, he's in the open field outside of the defensive backs"

I have both, was thinking of starting both but decided to go with Gordon only but I keep wanting to play both of them, honestly I am stumped.

I am starting Ekelar over Peyton Barber, Alfred Morris and Jamal Williams.

I have a feeling that Ekelar will fall back to earth a bit, but I also have a feeling that those other 3 guys are garbage.

and if you own both, any chance you are considering starting Ekelar instead of Gordan as LAC are likely to be facing many 3rd downs tomorrow and Ekelar may be the better option for that and in open space.
Gordon has 15 catches on 20 targets and 2 TDs in 2 games through the air. Tell me again about this 3rd down concern?  :lmao:  

Look I get it, LAR is a difficult matchup but if LAC is going to have ANY success at all they are going to have utilize their RBs on quick hitters to do it.

I'm actually contemplating starting both and without a doubt going Gordon.

Contemplating? 

He’s my 1st round pick. Of course I’m starting Melvin Gordon. 

And as long as there is breath in his body, I will continue to start Melvin Gordon.

plug & play. Never bench your studs. Maybe it won’t be his best rushing game - but he’s my best RB & he might have 10 catches in this one. 

Rolling with Gordon against the Rams D.

• Raiders RBs had 13 catches (boosted by Jalen Richard but Richard was productive with 55 yards despite a long of 9)
  • Cardinals RBs had 6 catches (on a day where Bradford completed 17 passes for 90 yards) with Chase Edmonds getting 5 himself.
I think both could be sneaky starters if the Rams either blow out the Chargers or get into a shootout where Rivers is forced to throw the Bolts back into it to win the game. Gordon may not run for 100+ but I could see him finishing with a 30 Rushing + 7 catches for 50 Receiving and maybe 1 TD type game. Not especially fancy but solid in a PPR league and could challenge 100 total yards if he can generate anything on the ground in addition to his receiving potential.

Ekeler could see 5-8 catches if he's on the field more to pass protect/be a safety valve judging by how Richard and Edmonds fared. A potential dirty RB2 if you need a flier.

Arizona was inept last week, so think back to the Oakland game. The Rams CBs will likely bottle up the outside guys. Expect Allen to get a lot of snaps from the slot and Gordon/Ekeler to get lots of receptions like Richard did.....unless the Rams make some adjustments today.

Users who are viewing this thread