What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gosselins Final Mock (1 Viewer)

menobrown

Footballguy
1st pick: Carolina Panthers

Cam Newton -- QB, Auburn

The Panthers had the worst quarterbacking in the NFL last season with only nine TD passes in 16 games. Newton gives the Panthers a chance, although his legs are likely to carry him through his rookie season.

(Team needs: QB, WR, CB, DL)

2nd pick: Denver Broncos

Von Miller -- OLB, Texas A&M

New coach John Fox is switching to a 4-3 defense and needs tackles and linebackers. He can get competitive tackles into the third round. But there’s only one impact linebacker in this draft. Miller is the value here.

(Team needs: DL, OT, TE, LB)

3rd pick: Buffalo Bills

Marcell Dareus -- DT, Alabama

The Bills finished last in the NFL in run defense in 2010. They need some bigger, nastier players to line up against the Jets and Pats. In Dareus, they land the best run defender in this draft. He also brings an attitude.

(Team needs: QB, DL, OT, LB)

4th pick: Cincinnati Bengals

A.J. Green -- WR, Georgia

This is the only shot the Bengals have of luring Carson Palmer out of retirement. Draft the best receiver in college football, release Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens, and give Palmer a clean canvas to resume his career.

(Team needs: QB, WR, CB, pass rusher)

5th pick: Arizona Cardinals

Patrick Peterson -- CB, LSU

When you finish 31st in offense and 29th in defense like the Cardinals of 2010, anyone you draft is going to be an upgrade. Peterson is a huge upgrade for the secondary. Arizona is surprised to see him still on the board at 5.

(Team needs: QB, LB, pass rusher, OT)

6th pick: Cleveland Browns

Julio Jones -- WR, Alabama

The Browns need a lead receiver to accelerate the development of QB Colt McCoy. Voila — Jones was a walk-in starter at Alabama, and he’ll be a walk-in starter at Cleveland. He averaged almost 15 yards per career catch.

(Team needs: WR, CB, OT, DE)

7th pick: San Francisco 49ers

Blaine Gabbert -- QB, Missouri

Jim Harbaugh is a quarterback maker — first Josh Johnson at the University of San Diego and then Andrew Luck at Stanford. In his first year as head coach of the 49ers, Harbaugh wants a quarterback he can build a team around.

(Team needs: QB, G, def. playmakers)

8th pick: Tennessee Titans

Jake Locker -- QB, Washington

The Titans want to put the Vince Young era behind them. Locker provides Tennessee a key element Young lacked — leadership. Locker was a two-year captain at Washington and a very charismatic player.

(Team needs: QB, DL, LB, S)

9th pick: Dallas Cowboys

Tyron Smith -- OT, Southern Cal

The Cowboys have four starters on the offensive line who turn 32 this season. This group needs to get younger — and what better way than to select the youngest player in this draft? Smith turns 21 in December.

(Team needs: OT, G, DE, CB)

10th pick: Washington Redskins

Christian Ponder -- QB, Florida State

Mike Shanahan is not going to enter a second season with Donovan McNabb, so the Redskins spent all day Wednesday trying to move up. Gabbert was the target. Failing there, they take the next best QB on the board.

(Team needs: QB, WR, CB, youth)

11th pick: Houston Texans

Aldon Smith -- DE, Missouri

The Texans are switching to a 3-4 defensive scheme, and Smith can play anywhere in it. He has the frame to bulk up to play end or the speed and athleticism to play linebacker. The NFL’s 30th-ranked defense needs help.

(Team needs: DL, LB, DB, WR)

12th pick: Minnesota Vikings

Andy Dalton -- QB, TCU

Like the Titans, the Vikings need to draft a rookie quarterback and play him immediately. Dalton brings a wealth of experience — four years as a starter, 42 career victories and more than 1,300 career passes.

(Team needs: QB, DL, OT, CB)

13th pick: Detroit Lions

Nick Fairley -- DT, Auburn

Ndamukong Suh was perhaps the best defensive tackle in the NFL as a rookie in 2011. Adding Fairley makes Suh even better. Fairley is the best inside pass rusher in this draft. The Lions are building a formidable front.

(Team needs: LB, CB, OT, WR)

14th pick: St. Louis Rams

Mark Ingram -- HB, Alabama

The Rams would love to draft a wide receiver for Sam Bradford, but there are none worthy of this selection. St. Louis will continue to give Bradford weapons, though — the best running back in this draft.

(Team needs: Pass rusher, CB, WR, S)

15th pick: Miami Dolphins

Mike Pouncey -- C, Florida

The only need the Dolphins can still address here is the offensive line, and Pouncey gives them two-position versatility. Like his brother Maurkice, a first-round pick of the Steelers in 2010, Mike can play guard or center.

(Team needs: OL, OLB, CB, QB)

16th pick: Jacksonville Jaguars

Ryan Kerrigan -- DE, Purdue

You can’t expect to survive with a paltry pass rush in a division with Peyton Manning and Matt Schaub. The Jaguars managed only 26 sacks last season. Kerrigan had almost half that (121/2) last fall at Purdue.

(Team needs: DE, S, LB, QB)

17th pick: New England Patriots

Cameron Jordan -- DE, California

The Patriots are likely to trade out of this spot. But Jordan here could be an inducement to stay put. He’s a 3-4 end who fits the size prototype (6-4, 287) Bill Belichick covets. Bigger is always better in New England.

(Team needs: OL, DE, OLB, HB)

18th pick: San Diego Chargers

Corey Liuget -- DT, Illinois

Liuget was a dominant inside player in a 4-3 scheme in the Big Ten. The Chargers envision him playing the edge in their 3-4 scheme. He has excellent hands, a necessity for head-up combat with offensive tackles.

(Team needs: OT, ILB, WR, pass rusher)

19th pick: New York Giants

Nate Solder -- OT, Colorado

Like the Cowboys, the Giants need to get younger on the offensive line. Solder is the best blind-side protector in this draft, and he’s going to get better. He’s only played the position for three years.

(Team needs: OT, G, LB, KR)

20th pick: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Robert Quinn -- DE, North Carolina

The Bucs have the worst pass rush in the NFC — just 26 sacks in 521 pass attempts. Quinn is the best edge pass rusher on the board. But his stock slid this draft season because of a bout with cancer in high school.

(Team needs: G, pass rusher, CB, OT)

21st pick: Kansas City Chiefs

Gabe Carimi -- OT, Wisconsin

The Chiefs want to get bigger, tougher and younger up front. KC has one of the NFL’s best runners in Jamaal Charles — and Carimi has spent a career blocking in one of the best run-oriented offenses in college football.

(Team needs: DT, C, WR, QB)

22nd pick: Indianapolis Colts

Anthony Castonzo -- OT, Boston College

Because of the run of quarterbacks at the top, a lot of quality players slid, including Castonzo, CB Prince Amukamara and DE J.J. Watt. As long as Peyton Manning is in Indy, the priority will be protecting him.

(Team needs: KR, def. size, QB, LB, OL)

23rd pick: Philadelphia Eagles

Jimmy Smith -- CB, Colorado

If the Eagles are to continue their dominance in the NFC East, they must find someone who can cover Dez Byrant. Mission accomplished. Smith is the biggest and perhaps most talented cover corner in this draft.

(Team needs: DL, OL, CB, LB)

24th pick: New Orleans Saints

Adrian Clayborn -- DE, Iowa

You have to stop the run to survive in a division with DeAngelo Williams, Michael Turner and LaGarrette Blount. So the Saints need some big bodies up front to bolster the NFL’s 16th-ranked run defense.

(Team needs: DE, DT, LB, S)

25th pick: Seattle Seahawks

Prince Amukamara -- CB, Nebraska

The Seahawks need help for the NFL’s 27th-ranked pass defense, and Amukamara represents sliding value. He has the size (6-0, 206) to line up against physical wideouts Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Crabtree in the NFC West.

(Team needs: OT, G, C, QB)

26th pick: Baltimore Ravens

J.J. Watt -- DE, Wisconsin

Another sliding value. Watt headed into the process touted as the best end for a 3-4 scheme — and he falls into the lap of a top-10 defense. Good players tend to find the Ravens wherever they are on the draft board.

(Team needs: CB, WR, pass rusher, OT)

27th pick: Atlanta Falcons

Phil Taylor -- DT, Baylor

Same synopsis as New Orleans above. You need bulk up front to compete in a division that wants to run the football — and Taylor is one of the bulkiest players in this draft at 334 pounds.

(Team needs: OL, NT, WR, LB)

28th pick: New England Patriots

Danny Watkins -- G, Baylor

Watkins is the safest pick in the entire draft — the one player you can confidently say will be in the Pro Bowl in 2012. He’s the best guard on the board, and some NFL teams were looking at him as both a center and tackle.

29th pick: Chicago Bears

Marvin Austin -- DT, North Carolina

The Bears need an elite tackle to replace departed Pro Bowler Tommie Harris. Austin missed the 2010 season because of an NCAA suspension but plays with great power and a great motor. A top-10 defense just got better.

(Team needs: LB, DT, RB, QB)

30th pick: New York Jets

Derrick Sherrod -- OT, Mississippi State

There are only five offensive tackles in this draft who can walk in as starters and Sherrod is the last one. He started three years at left tackle at Mississippi State but projects as a right tackle in the NFL.

(Team needs: CB, OL, WR)

31st pick: Pittsburgh Steelers

Cameron Heyward -- DE, Ohio State

The Steelers need to get younger at end in their 3-4 scheme, and Heyward provides them that opportunity. He’s a high achiever — a four-year starter, team captain and MVP of a Big Ten championship team.

(Team needs: 2 CB, DE, OT)

32nd pick: Green Bay Packers

Aaron Williams -- CB, Texas

The Super Bowl champions have one of the youngest teams in the NFL and few needs. They are in a position to draft the best player on their board. That’s Williams, who can play either cornerback or safety.

(Team needs: DL, OL, pass rusher, CB)

Team with no first-round pick

48th pick: Oakland Raiders

Dontay Moch -- DE, Nevada

Al Davis built the Raiders on power and speed in the 1960s and clings to that philosophy a half-century later. Moch is the fastest pass rusher in this draft with 4.46 speed in the 40.

Last edited by a moderator:
25th pick: Seattle SeahawksPrince Amukamara -- CB, NebraskaThe Seahawks need help for the NFL’s 27th-ranked pass defense, and Amukamara represents sliding value. He has the size (6-0, 206) to line up against physical wideouts Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Crabtree in the NFC West.
:shock: This would be a giant fall for him.

5 QBs in the Top 12? Bowers out of the 1st? Prince A falling so much?

Wow, Goose brought the outlier draft for his last one. Could make for an interesting night.

While I love Mark Ingram and I could see the rams drafting him in the first I really hope they look somewhere else. Alot of holes on that team still to take a backup at one of out better positions.

I hope they look into the 2nd or third to get their rb but Gosselin knows his stuff

The "guru" has lost his touch.
Maybe the people who feed him his info are out of touch, or maybe there is just an extra level of subterfuge this year because of the QB desperation, but there's not really a "touch" to Gosselin's work. He has just gained enough trust that people who actually "know things" give him tips that no one else gets this close to the draft. He has repeatedly nailed surprise picks that almost no one else predicted or even suggested as a possibility.

Team with no first-round pick48th pick: Oakland RaidersDontay Moch -- DE, NevadaAl Davis built the Raiders on power and speed in the 1960s and clings to that philosophy a half-century later. Moch is the fastest pass rusher in this draft with 4.46 speed in the 40.
Thanks for sharing this tidbit about the Raiders. I think it's going to be Stephan Wisniewski at pick 48 if Davis doesn't trade into the first. Whoever it is, he must fit the Height/Weight/Speed criteria....Speed being primary importance.

Make that 5 QBs in the top 12.And 0% chance this happens.
I wouldn't say 0%. This draft is so different from what we have seen that I could see it:- There are a lot of QB hungry teams at the top of the draft.- Won't these picks be cheaper if there is a rookie cap?- Less flexibility with trading when you can't take players into consideration (hurts teams that don't have 2nd/3rd round picks that might want to move back into the first to snag a QB).- The unknown factor of not having FA before the draft. IMO a lot hinges on when that 3rd QB goes off the board. If a team like SF/Tenn takes one, then the others behind them like Minn or Wash might start sweating a bit and decide to take the guy they like. However, if they fall a little bit and a team like Min or Mia takes the 3rd QB then I could see the other QBs dropping more.

Maybe the people who feed him his info are out of touch, or maybe there is just an extra level of subterfuge this year because of the QB desperation, but there's not really a "touch" to Gosselin's work. He has just gained enough trust that people who actually "know things" give him tips that no one else gets this close to the draft. He has repeatedly nailed surprise picks that almost no one else predicted or even suggested as a possibility.
My guess is that since its become known that he was getting "inside" info either he's not getting inside info any longer or he's getting misleading info (in an attempt to throw off other teams). I remember several big misses (Clausen) last year.I like the Steelers pick but would be a little disappointed if they had both Harris and Williams available and passed.It's not that outlandish a mock other than what's already been pointed out (Amukamara and the qb's).

I don't put a lot of stock in to the print publications but many had Locker as a 3rd rounder but I thought it would be OK for Miami to reach based on their needs...but in Rick's mock, the Dolphins won't get that opp and they don't even get Ingram as the booby prize in the 1st round.

Miami may even need a WR with what has transpired with Marshall in the off season.

Phinsfans better hope that this mock is off. I will be sorely disappointed if they draft an interior OL in the 1st round. At least get an impact DE to make them togher to score on.

Rick doesn't take trading up or down into account. Miami will likely trade down, it's their pattern.

This just in, mock drafts are an exercise in futility. None of these guys ever nails it down.
No, but Gosselin's final mock often has a few accurate picks that most would not see coming based on good info from trusted sources. This is not just someone's educated guess.
The truth is we don't know how these teams have players graded. I am sure many were surprised to see how Parcell's had some of the players ranked on his board the other night. Gosselin is connected as are Gil Brandt and others. These guys aren't going to come out and betray the trust they have been given so I would expect there is some speculation and personal opinion enveloped in Gosselin's projections as well. With Peter King coming out with his Dalton speculations earlier this week Gosselin's inclusion of the Qb in his first round at least makes for some interesting anticipation.Bottom line is I am psyched this day is finally here. It should be a lot of fun to see how this all unfolds; especially with the added possibilities of player trades pending the NFL's release later of their new League guidelines.Merry Christmas everybody; let the games begin!!!

Make that 5 QBs in the top 12.And 0% chance this happens.
I wouldn't say 0%. This draft is so different from what we have seen that I could see it:- There are a lot of QB hungry teams at the top of the draft.- Won't these picks be cheaper if there is a rookie cap?- Less flexibility with trading when you can't take players into consideration (hurts teams that don't have 2nd/3rd round picks that might want to move back into the first to snag a QB).- The unknown factor of not having FA before the draft. IMO a lot hinges on when that 3rd QB goes off the board. If a team like SF/Tenn takes one, then the others behind them like Minn or Wash might start sweating a bit and decide to take the guy they like. However, if they fall a little bit and a team like Min or Mia takes the 3rd QB then I could see the other QBs dropping more.
Right in the top15 almost every team could use an upgrade at QB save Dalls,Detroit and maybe Denver. I can see em either going QB crazy early or those saem teams leapfrogging each other at the back end of round1 to snag a guy

Very possible the qb needy teams don't have the ability to wait until second pick or time a trade back/trade up just right to get their guy. Gonna have to reach.

Or like someone was saying on tv yesterday, if Newton doesn't go first he could fall out of first round.

That about covers both extremes, thanks for all the incredible insight 'insiders'!

About the QBs: There's a lot of need at the QB position. Outside of around a handful of non-QB players, none of the other guys are standing out as clearly superior to players that will be available at their positions later. The situation is primed for an early QB run. That said, 5 in the top 12 seems a bit extreme but I expect 4-5 QBs to go in the first round.

Jimmy Smith: A lot of people seem to be sleeping on this guy, I don't think he'll even last to the 23rd pick. He is at worst the second best CB prospect in this draft and depending on the defensive system could be considered the best. Yes, their are some red flags, but this guy has talent that you don't often find outside of the very early first round. Someone will take him earlier than a lot expect and a couple years from now we'll be trying to figure out how he slipped as far as he did.

Fairly to the Lions: Wow. The Lions obviously have many needs, but this potential duo could be a nightmare for years to come. I think the Lions are finally doing it the right way and this pick would be a coup.

Ryan Kerrigan to the Jaguars: This has become the popular pick for the Jags and it makes a lot of sense on many levels. Which based on recent Jaguars drafting means there's no way it happens.

Overall this final mock provides a very interesting read on draft day morning. I love that Gosselin still has the stones to make bold predictions in spite of the potential hit on his recent "guru" status.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that Gosselin still has the stones to make bold predictions in spite of the potential hit on his recent "guru" status.
There is not a mock drafter I put more stock in than Gosselin but I'll add that if this mock came from anyone else I'd think it was rubbish, so many crazy picks here it made my head spin. I've doubted Gosselin before on some mocks were he had some picks I thought made no sense and more often than not he was right.Other than that he always says his mocks are not based on what he thinks so much as the info he gets from speaking with the teams. So I'm not sure I'd label this as him trying to be bold as much as this is what the info he gathered led him to believe. But certainly if the draft goes the way the majority of other mocks go he'll come across looking like he's out of his mind and/or got duped by teams.

30th pick: New York JetsDerrick Sherrod -- OT, Mississippi State There are only five offensive tackles in this draft who can walk in as starters and Sherrod is the last one. He started three years at left tackle at Mississippi State but projects as a right tackle in the NFL.(Team needs: CB, OL, WR)
Are they selling alcohol at this event?Well, either way, jets fans waiting till late into the night with a few in them could make this pick an instant classic and added to the video reel of Jets fans pissed off at the Draft.The Jets have a few options at RT including the chance of Woody rehabbing and coming back - Drafted Ducasse last year and IMO Wayne Hunter fit in real well but, I think he still needs to sign....Jets have Big Needs on defense DL Beef and Pass Rusher as well as Safety.....I say the peanut gallery goes NUTS if an OL was picked...I'm always a fan of drafting OL.. but, even so, I can't really see this.

I understand that Nick Fairley may fall due to a shoulder injury. I don't understand why Quinn and Prince have fallen so far in his draft.

5 QBs in the Top 12? Bowers out of the 1st? Prince A falling so much?Wow, Goose brought the outlier draft for his last one. Could make for an interesting night.
Jets going Oline when the Dline is such a mess is shocking too.I wanna complain but some of his picks mirror mine, so I feel at least a little smarter this morning and will remain quiet. :bag:

It would really not surprise me if those QB projections were more team to player than actual spot.

In other words, if one or two of those teams trade out of those spots, or trade back into the first to get a QB, he may get the team and QB right, but the spot wrong.

Re: the QBS

What a tragedy if Ponder/Locker/Dalton get drafted ahead of Mallett.

Just ridiculous the hose-job Mallett has gotten from the McShays/Kipers of the world in the last 2 months.

It would really not surprise me if those QB projections were more team to player than actual spot. In other words, if one or two of those teams trade out of those spots, or trade back into the first to get a QB, he may get the team and QB right, but the spot wrong.
:goodposting:Hadn't thought of that. Good point.

To make it easier to read and also including Goose's top-100 so people can compare and constrast to see who is still left on Rick's big-board.

1st pick: Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton -- QB, Auburn

The Panthers had the worst quarterbacking in the NFL last season with only nine TD passes in 16 games. Newton gives the Panthers a chance, although his legs are likely to carry him through his rookie season.

(Team needs: QB, WR, CB, DL)

2nd pick: Denver Broncos - Von Miller -- OLB, Texas A&M

New coach John Fox is switching to a 4-3 defense and needs tackles and linebackers. He can get competitive tackles into the third round. But there’s only one impact linebacker in this draft. Miller is the value here.

(Team needs: DL, OT, TE, LB)

3rd pick: Buffalo Bills - Marcell Dareus -- DT, Alabama

The Bills finished last in the NFL in run defense in 2010. They need some bigger, nastier players to line up against the Jets and Pats. In Dareus, they land the best run defender in this draft. He also brings an attitude.

(Team needs: QB, DL, OT, LB)

4th pick: Cincinnati Bengals - A.J. Green -- WR, Georgia

This is the only shot the Bengals have of luring Carson Palmer out of retirement. Draft the best receiver in college football, release Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens, and give Palmer a clean canvas to resume his career.

(Team needs: QB, WR, CB, pass rusher)

5th pick: Arizona Cardinals - Patrick Peterson -- CB, LSU

When you finish 31st in offense and 29th in defense like the Cardinals of 2010, anyone you draft is going to be an upgrade. Peterson is a huge upgrade for the secondary. Arizona is surprised to see him still on the board at 5.

(Team needs: QB, LB, pass rusher, OT)

6th pick: Cleveland Browns - Julio Jones -- WR, Alabama

The Browns need a lead receiver to accelerate the development of QB Colt McCoy. Voila — Jones was a walk-in starter at Alabama, and he’ll be a walk-in starter at Cleveland. He averaged almost 15 yards per career catch.

(Team needs: WR, CB, OT, DE)

7th pick: San Francisco 49ers - Blaine Gabbert -- QB, Missouri

Jim Harbaugh is a quarterback maker — first Josh Johnson at the University of San Diego and then Andrew Luck at Stanford. In his first year as head coach of the 49ers, Harbaugh wants a quarterback he can build a team around.

(Team needs: QB, G, def. playmakers)

8th pick: Tennessee Titans - Jake Locker -- QB, Washington

The Titans want to put the Vince Young era behind them. Locker provides Tennessee a key element Young lacked — leadership. Locker was a two-year captain at Washington and a very charismatic player.

(Team needs: QB, DL, LB, S)

9th pick: Dallas Cowboys - Tyron Smith -- OT, Southern Cal

The Cowboys have four starters on the offensive line who turn 32 this season. This group needs to get younger — and what better way than to select the youngest player in this draft? Smith turns 21 in December.

(Team needs: OT, G, DE, CB)

10th pick: Washington Redskins - Christian Ponder -- QB, Florida State

Mike Shanahan is not going to enter a second season with Donovan McNabb, so the Redskins spent all day Wednesday trying to move up. Gabbert was the target. Failing there, they take the next best QB on the board.

(Team needs: QB, WR, CB, youth)

11th pick: Houston Texans - Aldon Smith -- DE, Missouri

The Texans are switching to a 3-4 defensive scheme, and Smith can play anywhere in it. He has the frame to bulk up to play end or the speed and athleticism to play linebacker. The NFL’s 30th-ranked defense needs help.

(Team needs: DL, LB, DB, WR)

12th pick: Minnesota Vikings - Andy Dalton -- QB, TCU

Like the Titans, the Vikings need to draft a rookie quarterback and play him immediately. Dalton brings a wealth of experience — four years as a starter, 42 career victories and more than 1,300 career passes.

(Team needs: QB, DL, OT, CB)

13th pick: Detroit Lions - Nick Fairley -- DT, Auburn

Ndamukong Suh was perhaps the best defensive tackle in the NFL as a rookie in 2011. Adding Fairley makes Suh even better. Fairley is the best inside pass rusher in this draft. The Lions are building a formidable front.

(Team needs: LB, CB, OT, WR)

14th pick: St. Louis Rams - Mark Ingram -- HB, Alabama

The Rams would love to draft a wide receiver for Sam Bradford, but there are none worthy of this selection. St. Louis will continue to give Bradford weapons, though — the best running back in this draft.

(Team needs: Pass rusher, CB, WR, S)

15th pick: Miami Dolphins - Mike Pouncey -- C, Florida

The only need the Dolphins can still address here is the offensive line, and Pouncey gives them two-position versatility. Like his brother Maurkice, a first-round pick of the Steelers in 2010, Mike can play guard or center.

(Team needs: OL, OLB, CB, QB)

16th pick: Jacksonville Jaguars - Ryan Kerrigan -- DE, Purdue

You can’t expect to survive with a paltry pass rush in a division with Peyton Manning and Matt Schaub. The Jaguars managed only 26 sacks last season. Kerrigan had almost half that (121/2) last fall at Purdue.

(Team needs: DE, S, LB, QB)

17th pick: New England Patriots - Cameron Jordan -- DE, California

The Patriots are likely to trade out of this spot. But Jordan here could be an inducement to stay put. He’s a 3-4 end who fits the size prototype (6-4, 287) Bill Belichick covets. Bigger is always better in New England.

18th pick: San Diego Chargers - Corey Liuget -- DT, Illinois

Liuget was a dominant inside player in a 4-3 scheme in the Big Ten. The Chargers envision him playing the edge in their 3-4 scheme. He has excellent hands, a necessity for head-up combat with offensive tackles.

(Team needs: OT, ILB, WR, pass rusher)

19th pick: New York Giants - Nate Solder -- OT, Colorado

Like the Cowboys, the Giants need to get younger on the offensive line. Solder is the best blind-side protector in this draft, and he’s going to get better. He’s only played the position for three years.

(Team needs: OT, G, LB, KR)

20th pick: Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Robert Quinn -- DE, North Carolina

The Bucs have the worst pass rush in the NFC — just 26 sacks in 521 pass attempts. Quinn is the best edge pass rusher on the board. But his stock slid this draft season because of a bout with cancer in high school.

(Team needs: G, pass rusher, CB, OT)

21st pick: Kansas City Chiefs - Gabe Carimi -- OT, Wisconsin

The Chiefs want to get bigger, tougher and younger up front. KC has one of the NFL’s best runners in Jamaal Charles — and Carimi has spent a career blocking in one of the best run-oriented offenses in college football.

(Team needs: DT, C, WR, QB)

22nd pick: Indianapolis Colts - Anthony Castonzo -- OT, Boston College

Because of the run of quarterbacks at the top, a lot of quality players slid, including Castonzo, CB Prince Amukamara and DE J.J. Watt. As long as Peyton Manning is in Indy, the priority will be protecting him.

(Team needs: KR, def. size, QB, LB, OL)

23rd pick: Philadelphia Eagles - Jimmy Smith -- CB, Colorado

If the Eagles are to continue their dominance in the NFC East, they must find someone who can cover Dez Byrant. Mission accomplished. Smith is the biggest and perhaps most talented cover corner in this draft.

(Team needs: DL, OL, CB, LB)

24th pick: New Orleans Saints - Adrian Clayborn -- DE, Iowa

You have to stop the run to survive in a division with DeAngelo Williams, Michael Turner and LaGarrette Blount. So the Saints need some big bodies up front to bolster the NFL’s 16th-ranked run defense.

(Team needs: DE, DT, LB, S)

25th pick: Seattle Seahawks - Prince Amukamara -- CB, Nebraska

The Seahawks need help for the NFL’s 27th-ranked pass defense, and Amukamara represents sliding value. He has the size (6-0, 206) to line up against physical wideouts Larry Fitzgerald and Michael Crabtree in the NFC West.

(Team needs: OT, G, C, QB)

26th pick: Baltimore Ravens - J.J. Watt -- DE, Wisconsin

Another sliding value. Watt headed into the process touted as the best end for a 3-4 scheme — and he falls into the lap of a top-10 defense. Good players tend to find the Ravens wherever they are on the draft board.

(Team needs: CB, WR, pass rusher, OT)

27th pick: Atlanta Falcons - Phil Taylor -- DT, Baylor

Same synopsis as New Orleans above. You need bulk up front to compete in a division that wants to run the football — and Taylor is one of the bulkiest players in this draft at 334 pounds.

(Team needs: OL, NT, WR, LB)

28th pick: New England Patriots - Danny Watkins -- G, Baylor

Watkins is the safest pick in the entire draft — the one player you can confidently say will be in the Pro Bowl in 2012. He’s the best guard on the board, and some NFL teams were looking at him as both a center and tackle.

29th pick: Chicago Bears - Marvin Austin -- DT, North Carolina

The Bears need an elite tackle to replace departed Pro Bowler Tommie Harris. Austin missed the 2010 season because of an NCAA suspension but plays with great power and a great motor. A top-10 defense just got better.

(Team needs: LB, DT, RB, QB)

30th pick: New York Jets - Derrick Sherrod -- OT, Mississippi State

There are only five offensive tackles in this draft who can walk in as starters and Sherrod is the last one. He started three years at left tackle at Mississippi State but projects as a right tackle in the NFL.

(Team needs: CB, OL, WR)

31st pick: Pittsburgh Steelers - Cameron Heyward -- DE, Ohio State

The Steelers need to get younger at end in their 3-4 scheme, and Heyward provides them that opportunity. He’s a high achiever — a four-year starter, team captain and MVP of a Big Ten championship team.

(Team needs: 2 CB, DE, OT)

32nd pick: Green Bay Packers - Aaron Williams -- CB, Texas

The Super Bowl champions have one of the youngest teams in the NFL and few needs. They are in a position to draft the best player on their board. That’s Williams, who can play either cornerback or safety.

(Team needs: DL, OL, pass rusher, CB)

Team with no first-round pick

48th pick: Oakland Raiders - Dontay Moch -- DE, Nevada

Al Davis built the Raiders on power and speed in the 1960s and clings to that philosophy a half-century later. Moch is the fastest pass rusher in this draft with 4.46 speed in the 40.
Nearly all of his top players are gone, just Da'Quan and Wilkerson still left.No., player Pos. School

1, A.J. Green WR Georgia

2, Von Miller OLB Texas A&M

3, Patrick Peterson CB LSU

4, Marcell Dareus DT Alabama

5, Julio Jones WR Alabama

6, Cam Newton QB Auburn

7, Tyron Smith OT Southern California

8, Nick Fairley DT Auburn

9, Robert Quinn DE North Carolina

10, Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri

11, J.J. Watt DE Wisconsin

12, Cam Jordan DE California

13, Nate Solder OT Colorado

14, Aldon Smith DE Missouri

15, Prince Amukamara CBNebraska

16, Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College

17, Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue

18, Mark Ingram RB Alabama

19, Corey Liuget DT Illinois

20, Mike Pouncey C Florida

21, Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin

22, Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson

23, Jake Locker QB Washington

24, Phil Taylor DT Baylor

25, Jimmy Smith CB Colorado

26, Marvin Austin DT North Carolina

27, Christian Ponder QB Florida State

28, Danny Watkins G Baylor

29, Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa

30, Cameron Heyward DE Ohio State

31, Aaron Williams CB Texas

32, Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State

33, Muhammad Wilkerson DT Temple

34, Andy Dalton QB TCU

-----------------------------------------

35, Marcus Cannon G TCU

36, Ryan Williams RB Virginia Tech

37, Jon Baldwin WR Pittsburgh

38, Akeem Ayers S UCLA

39, Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame

40, Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas

41, James Carpenter OT Alabama

42, Daniel Thomas RB Kansas State

43, Greg Little WR North Carolina

44, Brooks Reed DE Arizona

45, Kenrick Ellis DT Hampton

46, Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia

47, Rahim Moore S UCLA

48, Torrey Smith WR Maryland

49, Jarvis Jenkins DT Clemson

50, Orlando Franklin OT Miami

51, Mikel Leshoure RB Illinois

52, Titus Young WR Boise State

53, Lance Kendricks TE Wisconsin

54, Stephen Paea DT Oregon State

55, Randall Cobb WR Kentucky

56, Will Rackley G Lehigh

57, Edmond Gates WR Abilene Christian

58, Allen Bailey DE Miami

59, Terrell McClain DT South Florida

60, Martez Wilson OLB Illinois

61, Shareece Wright CB Southern California

62, Taiwan Jones RB Eastern Washington

63, Colin Kaepernick QB Nevada

64, Brandon Harris CB Miami

65, Bruce Carter OLB North Carolina

66, Rodney Hudson C Florida State

67, Dontay Moch DE Nevada

68, Shane Vereen RB California

69, Luke Stocker TE Tennessee

70, Jah Reid OT Central Florida

71, Leonard Hankerson WR Miami

72, Marcus Gilchrist CB Clemson

73, Steve Wisniewski C Penn State

74, Kendall Hunter RB Oklahoma State

75, K.J. Wright OLB Mississippi State

76, John Moffitt G Georgia

77, Tandon Doss WR Indiana

78, Drake Nevis DT LSU

79, Marcus Gilbert OT Florida

80, Pernell McPhee DE Mississippi State

81, Ben Ijalana G Villanova

82, Jabaal Sheard OLB Pittsburgh

83, Jalil Brown CB Colorado

84, DeMarco Murray RB Oklahoma

85, Rashad Carmichael CBVirginia Tech

86, Jerrel Jernigan WR Troy

87, Johnny Patrick CB Louisville

88, Jurrell Casey DT Southern California

89, Clint Boling G Georgia

90, Bilal Powell RB Louisville

91, Ricky Stanzi QB Iowa

92, Jaiquawn Jarrett S Temple

93, Brandon Burton CB Utah

94, Sam Acho DE Texas

95, James Brewer OT Indiana

96, Rob Housler TE Florida Atlantic

97, Quinton Carter S Oklahoma

98, Jerrell Powe NY Mississippi

99, Colin McCarthy OLB Miami

100, David Arkin OT Missouri State

Thanks for that, Bracie.

The Amukamara marriage, just tough to see how that would wind up playing out. Unless he falls, and a team trades into Seattles spot to get him.

It should be said that every year seems like a player falls. If anyone had predicted that Brady Quinn would go where he went, we would have had a flood of "0% chance that happens".

As much as I love the idea of the Bills getting Dareus at #3, it still makes a lot more sense to me for the Broncos to take Dareus for their 4-3 defense than Von Miller.

I think the 3-6 QBs is going to be a game of chicken. If a Ten like in his scenario goes QB then I can see this scenario happening. Once number 3 goes off the board the bum rush will be on.

As much as I love the idea of the Bills getting Dareus at #3, it still makes a lot more sense to me for the Broncos to take Dareus for their 4-3 defense than Von Miller.
Agreed. Miller in the 4-3 is a waste of a premium pick. He's a 3-4 weakside OLB. Dumervil has the size to play strongside. Only if they stay 3-4 does picking Miller make sense.

The man knows a heckuva lot more about the NFL than I ever will, but what a weird draft.

First, LBs taken in the top 5 aren't worth it.

1200914Aaron CurryLBSEA2009201000212305.5Wake Forest2200615A.J. HawkLBGNB20062010005358089.0Ohio State3200012LaVar ArringtonLBWAS200020060354684323.5Penn State4199714Peter BoulwareLBBAL1997200504760126170.0Florida State5199612Kevin HardyLBJAX1996200411961134536.0Illinois

Second, 5 QBs in the top 12 when none of these guys look like franchise players?

The lockout helped make this weird, but I'm throughly unimpressed with the first 20 or so picks. A couple studs - Green, Peterson, the Smiths, and Pouncey will probably have very nice careers. Otherwise :X

If thats anything close to what happens QB wise, whoever takes Kaepernick and Mallet in the 2nd (or later) got a steal. To me, those 2 look clearly better than all the other QBs besides Newton or Gabbert, and I dont think either is far behind those 2.

One of the craziest mocks I've seen all year, but because this is Goose's I'll give it my attention. The guy has some solid contacts and seems to be able to sort out the truth from BS more than most.

We'll find out soon enough...

While I love Mark Ingram and I could see the rams drafting him in the first I really hope they look somewhere else. Alot of holes on that team still to take a backup at one of out better positions.I hope they look into the 2nd or third to get their rb but Gosselin knows his stuff
I'd rather have him than Julio Jones. I think that guy is going to bust.

The man knows a heckuva lot more about the NFL than I ever will, but what a weird draft.

First, LBs taken in the top 5 aren't worth it.

1200914Aaron CurryLBSEA2009201000212305.5Wake Forest2200615A.J. HawkLBGNB20062010005358089.0Ohio State3200012LaVar ArringtonLBWAS200020060354684323.5Penn State4199714Peter BoulwareLBBAL1997200504760126170.0Florida State5199612Kevin HardyLBJAX1996200411961134536.0Illinois

Second, 5 QBs in the top 12 when none of these guys look like franchise players?

The lockout helped make this weird, but I'm throughly unimpressed with the first 20 or so picks. A couple studs - Green, Peterson, the Smiths, and Pouncey will probably have very nice careers. Otherwise :X
I stand by this but Von should be good - just not good enough to make him worth this pick in most years.

Users who are viewing this thread