What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Got the 1st pick in the draft for tonite's draft (1 Viewer)

don't choke
:D .... it is going to be a tough spot this year with all the runs expected
i disagree, i happen to think picking in the 1 spot is probably the best position this year.you get top RB with first pick, at the 2/3 turn you have the option of taking top TE or a pair of WR1s (or another RB if someone slides), then at the 4/5 turn you have lots of RB options (Felix, Ingram, DWill, etc.) as well as lots of WRs to choose from. you could end up with something like:Arian FosterJason WittenVincent JacksonDeangelo WilliamsSantonio HolmesTony Romothru 6 rounds. Looks good to me!

SHld be a ride :) .... any suggestions?
Make GOOD picksBe prepared - queue up players you expect to be available at the end of round two (pointless to have the players you know will go in the first and early second round)You can wait on QB....you are less likely to be successfull if you wait on TE (unless you know who this year's Marcedes Lewis is.....Hint it is not likely to be Lewis)Your team will not look good if you go early on both QB and TE (see Team 1 from Red vs Blue draft thread in this forum)(if you haven't done one of these and used this draft site I would hold off on alcohol until you are well into the draft)HAVE FUN

1.01 Arian Foster

2.12 Antonio Gates

3.01 Reggie Wayne

4.12 Cedric Benson (serious run on RBs so had to secure RB2 here; other options were Fred Jackson; Daniel Thomas Miami ....Ryan Grant just went before me)

5.01 Peyton Manning (serious value here since only 2 QBs were gone and I figured a QB run was coming before it got to me).

Love my QB; TE; WR1; RB1 .... need to get some quality depth now :)

Update:

1.01 Arian Foster

2.12 Antonio Gates

3.01 Reggie Wayne

4.12 Cedric Benson (serious run on RBs so had to secure RB2 here; other options were Fred Jackson; Daniel Thomas Miami ....Ryan Grant just went before me)

5.01 Peyton Manning (serious value here since only 2 QBs were gone and I figured a QB run was coming before it got to me).

6.12 Fred Jackson

7.01 Kenny Britt

Update if anyone cares :)

1.01 Arian Foster

2.12 Antonio Gates

3.01 Reggie Wayne

6.12 Fred Jackson

7.01 Kenny Britt

8.12 Lance Moore

9.01 Ryan Torain

10.12 Chris Cooley

11.01 Matt Ryan

12.12 R Helu (RB Skina)

13.01 Michael Crabtree

All done....little worried about RBs because I missed both of the handcuffs (Ben Tate and Bernard Scott). I targetted. They got them in the same round I was planning on taking later.

1.01 Arian Foster

2.12 Antonio Gates

3.01 Reggie Wayne

6.12 Fred Jackson

7.01 Kenny Britt

8.12 Lance Moore

9.01 Ryan Torain

10.12 Chris Cooley

11.01 Matt Ryan

12.12 Roy Helu (RB Skins)

13.01 Michael Crabtree

14.12 Bears D/ST (Homer pick :) )

15.01 Denarius Moore (WR Oakland)

16.12 Kyle Rudolph TE Minny

17.01 Alex Green RB GB

18.12 Alex Henery K Eagles

19.01 Jabbar Gaffney WR Skins

20.12 San Fran D/ST

QB: Peyton Manning; Matt Ryan

RB: Arian Foster; Cedric Bencon; Fred Jackson; Ryan Torain; Roy Helu (Wash); Alex Green (GB)

WR: Reggie Wayne; Kenny Britt; Lance Moore; Michael Crabtree; Denarius Moore (oak); Jabbar Gaffney

TE: Gates; Chris Cooley; Kyle Rudolph

D/ST: Bears; Niners

K: Alex Henery

Your RBs are stronger than your WRs. At least you have 3 plausible RBs you can start - but only 1 dependable WR. Your flex's are OK (RB and TE) but you need a 2nd WR. How did the rest of Round 1 go?

interesting that ingram went so early. (i passed on him at 5.07 when i drafted last friday and got grant at 6.06 -- though in retrospect i wish i had taken him there)

benson at 4.12 seems like awful value. if there was a big RB run, shouldn't there have been WRs or TEs available?

can you list what WRs and TEs you passed on at 4.12 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting that ingram went so early. (i passed on him at 5.07 when i drafted last friday and got grant at 6.06 -- though in retrospect i wish i had taken him there) benson at 4.12 seems like awful value. if there was a big RB run, shouldn't there have been WRs or TEs available?can you list what WRs and TEs you passed on at 4.12 ?
WRs I passed at 4.12 = Desean Jackson; Julio Jones (they both were the next 2 picks); Santonio Holmes; Stevie Johnson/Bills; Austin Collie; Brandon Lloyd; Marques Colston; Anquan Boldin; Percy HarvinTEs I passed at 4.12 = Owen Daniels; Jimmy Graham etc

Your RBs are stronger than your WRs. At least you have 3 plausible RBs you can start - but only 1 dependable WR. Your flex's are OK (RB and TE) but you need a 2nd WR. How did the rest of Round 1 go?
I am higher on Britt than others. But I understand the risk with him....worse case I can always start Lance Moore and get the 75+ catches for 1000 yards for the year. Do not need my WR2 to be studly given my QB; TE; RB1; WR1 and at least one of my flexes with Cooley (remember 1.5 pts/catch) will outscore others on most weeks and my D/ST and K are push at worst on any given weekBears D/ST schedule during weeks playoffs weeks 12 to 15 = Oak; KC; Denver; Sea = $$$$$

Last edited by a moderator:
interesting that ingram went so early. (i passed on him at 5.07 when i drafted last friday and got grant at 6.06 -- though in retrospect i wish i had taken him there) benson at 4.12 seems like awful value. if there was a big RB run, shouldn't there have been WRs or TEs available?can you list what WRs and TEs you passed on at 4.12 ?
WRs I passed at 4.12 = Desean Jackson; Julio Jones (they both were the next 2 picks); Santonio Holmes; Stevie Johnson/Bills; Austin Collie; Brandon Lloyd; Marques Colston; Anquan Boldin; Percy HarvinTEs I passed at 4.12 = Owen Daniels; Jimmy Graham etc
I would have definitely went with a WR at 4/5 given some of the names available there. Yes, you need to start 2 RBs but you can start 4 WRs who will in all likelihood outscore Benson significantly. The difference between Benson and, say, Fred Jackson is minimal.

I am higher on Britt than others. But I understand the risk with him....worse case I can always start Lance Moore and get the 75+ catches for 1000 yards for the year. Do not need my WR2 to be studly given my QB; TE; RB1; WR1 and at least one of my flexes with Cooley (remember 1.5 pts/catch) will outscore others on most weeks and my D/ST and K are push at worst on any given weekBears D/ST schedule during weeks playoffs weeks 12 to 15 = Oak; KC; Denver; Sea = $$$$$
Oakland and Kansas City are not pushover matchups. at least you play the chiefs at home instead of arrowhead.

Oakland and Kansas City are not pushover matchups. at least you play the chiefs at home instead of arrowhead.
How is the Bears D not a great match up against the great Jason Campbell who has no WRs and TEs?

I would have definitely went with a WR at 4/5 given some of the names available there. Yes, you need to start 2 RBs but you can start 4 WRs who will in all likelihood outscore Benson significantly. The difference between Benson and, say, Fred Jackson is minimal.
In hindsight sure, but I did not know that Fred Jackson would make it back to me. 18 picks between my picks :) .... I would much rather have RB depth than WR depth in any case. Reggie Wayne is a must start every week and he rarely if ever misses games. His floor will alwys be 80 catches; 1000 yards. I need to find one more WR out of Lance Moore; Britt; Crabtree and I think I should be able to.

Nice draft, Sweetness.....that was an interesting draft. Definitely some early picks that had me scratching my head.

McCoy just went #2....I picked Foster 1
i got mccoy in the eleven spot at noon today and couldn't have been more about it, even handcuffed him with ronnie in the twelth.
That is amazing to me...not that McCoy, himself, went #2 or #11, but that there is such a large divide over one player. I have to say, the guy (for whatever reason) has not been on my radar, but it is time I pay attention, since it looks as though he could rise/drop just about anywhere in round 1.

i got mccoy in the eleven spot at noon today and couldn't have been more about it, even handcuffed him with ronnie in the twelth.
That is why luck plays a part in this contest because depending on who you are drafting with will give some teams a great advantage at winning the $100,000 just by having more players fall to them while in other drafts you get nothing that falls and really have to find some sleepers.At the end of the day we don't know how any player will turn out though.

That is amazing to me...not that McCoy, himself, went #2 or #11, but that there is such a large divide over one player. I have to say, the guy (for whatever reason) has not been on my radar, but it is time I pay attention, since it looks as though he could rise/drop just about anywhere in round 1.
McCoy was the #3 RB in FFPC scoring last year, so it's not a reach to draft him #2. If he gets close to 80 rec again in 2011, he's a lock for top 5 in PPR scoring.

Users who are viewing this thread