What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3 Viewers)

The Albany district attorney will not prosecute former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on a misdemeanor sex crime charge of forcible touching after reviewing the evidence in the case despite finding the complainant "cooperative" and "credible."

"While many have an opinion regarding the allegations against the former Governor, the Albany County DA's Office is the only one who has a burden to prove the elements of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt," Albany County District Attorney David Soares said in a statement Tuesday. "While we found the complainant in this case cooperative and credible, after review of all the available evidence we have concluded that we cannot meet our burden at trial," he said.

The Albany district attorney will not prosecute former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on a misdemeanor sex crime charge of forcible touching after reviewing the evidence in the case despite finding the complainant "cooperative" and "credible."

"While many have an opinion regarding the allegations against the former Governor, the Albany County DA's Office is the only one who has a burden to prove the elements of a crime beyond a reasonable doubt," Albany County District Attorney David Soares said in a statement Tuesday. "While we found the complainant in this case cooperative and credible, after review of all the available evidence we have concluded that we cannot meet our burden at trial," he said.
Hmm, wrongfully accused of sexual assault? When does he run for President?

Whatever happened to #believeAllWomen?  How easily you guys flip when it's one of your own.  :doh:

#believeAllWomen was never a slogan used by the left, it was "Believe Women" with the "all" part added by right wing pundits amid discussions of Tara Reade’s sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden:

From a WaPo OpEd:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/believe-women-was-a-slogan-believe-all-women-is-a-strawman/2020/05/11/6a3ff590-9314-11ea-9f5e-56d8239bf9ad_story.html

‘Believe Women’ was a slogan. ‘Believe All Women’ is a straw man. 

[...]

The slogan appeared on posters at protests and as a hashtag all over Twitter — you can go back and look.

Believe women. Two words.

I revisited the history of the phrase because its original meaning is being retroactively altered, amid discussions of Tara Reade’s sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden, to “Believe all women.” And that extra word is a weapon.

“The Left’s ‘believe all women’ standard was shattered when Tara Reade accused Joe Biden of sexual assault,” Glenn Beck posted on Facebook.

“Democrats say believe all women — just not Tara Reade,” read a Boston Herald columnist’s headline.

“ ‘Believe all women’? Now that Reade has accused Joe Biden of sexual assault, never mind,” opined a columnist in USA Today.

“I think [the #MeToo movement] went very sadly off track when we started getting into the territory of believing all women,” Fox news anchor Martha MacCallum said on air last week.

Megyn Kelly used the phrasing during her exclusive interview with Reade, posted Friday: “Some of those who touted the ‘we must believe all women’ line . . . certainly seem to have changed their tune when it comes to you.”

I could keep going, but you get the picture. [...]

Whatever happened to #believeAllWomen?  How easily you guys flip when it's one of your own.  :doh:
It really doesn’t matter. The DA never said he was falsely accused. Either way, I wasn’t there so I don’t know and it’s amazing that people will dig in on either side when they have zero idea what the true facts are. There is plenty of evidence to support someone thinking Cuomo is a POS, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s guilty or innocent of anything specific

Last edited by a moderator:
It really doesn’t matter. The DA never said he was falsely accused. Either way, I wasn’t there so I don’t know and it’s amazing that people will dig in on either side when they have zero idea what the true facts are. There is plenty of evidence to support someone thinking Cuomo is a POS, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s guilty or innocent of anything specific
Right...I defer I guess to the DA in whether they can prosecute him or not.  IMO he is a bad person and very likely guilty of it...and should never hold public office again.

trying to make a comeback

"......In response to Cuomo’s remarks, James’ campaign released a scathing statement Sunday afternoon.

The ex-governor whined about his explosive scandal to about 150 congregants at God’s Battalion of Prayer in Crown Heights, calling it “probably the toughest time of my life.

“Serial sexual harasser Andrew Cuomo won’t even spare a house of worship from his lies,” it said. “Even though multiple independent investigations found his victims to be credible, Cuomo continues to blame everyone but himself. Cuomo wasn’t railroaded; he quit so he wouldn’t be impeached. New Yorkers are ready to move forward from this sick, pathetic man.”

Users who are viewing this thread