What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of government response, let’s talk about something positive for once: 

This ship, the  Comfort, is simply an amazing piece of human invention and technology. 1,000 hospital beds, operating rooms, nursing rooms, radiology, completely self-sufficient, 1,200 superb doctors and nurses and crew. It will be used in New York to treat NON coronavirus patients only so as to alleviate the burden. Amazing and phenomenal.
The US Navy has 2 total, right?  One east coast, one wet coast?

Remember when we were told that it was just one or two cases, and pretty soon it would be zero cases?
Then it was just 15, and they got better.
What’s really scary is now he’s saying 100-200k dead will mean he’s done a great job. Is this too an understatement/downplay or is he now speaking the truth?  
And that’s the crux of the issue that most of his supporters don’t understand or just dismiss to Trump just being Trump.  We can not trust what he saying, and that’s a massive problem.  

This ship, the  Comfort, is simply an amazing piece of human invention and technology. 1,000 hospital beds, operating rooms, nursing rooms, radiology, completely self-sufficient, 1,200 superb doctors and nurses and crew. It will be used in New York to treat NON coronavirus patients only so as to alleviate the burden. Amazing and phenomenal.
Real live heroes.

I’ll repeat that I thought overall Trump did a good job yesterday. But my main criticism of him remains not using the DPA properly. It’s is intolerable IMO that state and local authorities should be competing with each other for life saving supplies. It’s incredibly inefficient and wasteful and it will cost lives. 

Tim, thank you for posting this positive news in this thread.  It seems like everyone wants to be a Monday morning quarterback and post what the government has done wrong in handling this virus.  We need posts like this, America is going to raise to the challenge and beat this crisis.  This is great example of how we are going to win.

Tim, thank you for posting this positive news in this thread.  It seems like everyone wants to be a Monday morning quarterback and post what the government has done wrong in handling this virus.  We need posts like this, America is going to raise to the challenge and beat this crisis.  This is great example of how we are going to win.
I think we need both kinds of posts. We need to congratulate and cheer when things are done right, and we need to criticize when things are done wrong.

Hey @tonydead, I posted about the deaths of 500 Americans and your reaction was to laugh? I guess we just have different senses of humor.
I wasn’t laughing at deaths, you know that. I was laughing at you taking Trump’s tweets so far left no body can take you seriously.  Kind of like accusing anybody of being happy about death. Go outside and take a break. 

Trump is already setting the narrative to be that his swift action avoided millions of people dying.
And it is amazing how he has seamlessly gone from “Zero cases, I’m awesome!” to “Probably only 200,000 dead, I’m awesome!”

Aren't we already?

Trump is already setting the narrative to be that his swift action avoided millions of people dying.
oh....I hadn't paid attention since Friday.  Only thing I saw remotely close to this subject over the weekend was the commercial with him saying it was going to be 15 and go away and then "taking no responsibility" at the end.  I saw that about 25 times though.  Maybe they'll make a new commercial now that he's taking responsibility?

Thank you mr. president for your leadership.......thank you mr. president for your leadership....thank you mr. president for your leadership.

Treats his base like morons.

Is there a list of these guest speakers from the private sector available ahead of time?

I'd like to load up on their stocks just before they get the ad time.

I missed a lot of that but did he just say it wouldn’t have happened if we still had prayer in school? 
I am not watching but I thought your gal Pelosi had a great line about prayer in this situation recently - I am paraphrasing, but something to the effect of needing to rely on science to make decisions, and those that are praying, science is the answer to their prayers...

I feel like I’ve walked into the Super Bowl pregame show loaded with corporate commercials. 

“We don’t need the Defense Preparedness Act”- maybe you don’t but the rest of us do. 

I feel like I’ve walked into the Super Bowl pregame show loaded with corporate commercials. 

“We don’t need the Defense Preparedness Act”- maybe you don’t but the rest of us do. 
It is a big ad.

Definitely can see companies wanting to help out more because of this type of promotion though.

Early in Italy tested an entire town of 3,300. Half the positives were asymptomatic. But I think it was only the Coronavirus test, not for Covid-19 antibodies.
Yeah, I meant the first random sample in the U.S. I think the anti body tests are even more important telling us who has the virus or had it. Would be better if it were in an urban area where the virus is much more prevelant. The small town of Vo in Italy had an infection rate of 3% of the population when it was probably a lot higher in the cities. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread