What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Government Response To The Coronavirus (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UK is also (like France) aiming for 100k tests per day. Currently at 73k according to Dominic Raab. Extrapolated for population that is 500k/350k daily tests
Pity that this is too hard to do for a country like the US that reported approx 80k tests (10% more than the UK's capability) today

Last edited by a moderator:
The UK is also aiming for 100k tests per day. Currently at 73k according to Dominic Raab. Extrapolated for population that is 500k/350k daily tests
Pity that this is too hard to do for a country like the US that reported approx 80k tests (10% more than the UK's capability) today
they're also reporting 4419 new deaths today.  i'm guessing that's a make-up from previously not-counted deaths like NY and China have done, but holy cow.

they're also reporting 4419 new deaths today.  i'm guessing that's a make-up from previously not-counted deaths like NY and China have done, but holy cow.
Most of it (about 4k) is backlog from nursing homes (not counted until today and the number is probably too low)

pollardsvision said:
lakerstan said:
Now we can commemorate Trump's success with Coronavirus in the White House Gift Shop!

https://www.whitehousegiftshop.com/product-p/covid-heroes.htm

OTHER COINS IN THE HISTORIC MOMENT ART SERIES INCLUDE:

Number 7: Title: GENIUS MAKES ITS OWN RULES with a Monograph "President Donald J. Trump: A Study in Genius"
I'm so angry I missed out on coin #5 commemorating a Trump-Putin Summit.
I didn’t go off to look for this it stumbled into my Twitter feed. Matthew Gertz (no, no, no, no, not Matt Geatz) says that despite all appearances, that website is not associated with the White House, the Trump administration, or any aspect of the US Government.

Amazing it seemed plausible though, right? 

pollardsvision said:
Gaston County, NC (just West of Charlotte) lifting stay-at-home orders today (against State orders).
:oldunsure:

Joe Bruno

@JoeBrunoWSOC9

Philbeck says the position of Gaston County Commission is "people you are smarter than us." He says people can self police. "Whether you are a flea market or barber shop, you should be able to go to work."

I didn’t go off to look for this it stumbled into my Twitter feed. Matthew Gertz (no, no, no, no, not Matt Geatz) says that despite all appearances, that website is not associated with the White House, the Trump administration, or any aspect of the US Government.

Amazing it seemed plausible though, right? 
Yeah - they really did a number to disguise it as an actual White House website, but in further review, it is a private shop.  I suspected it wasn't real, so I looked through the website.  They even had an "About Us" section that talked about being approved by Harry Truman, and had a USA.gov symbol, but I just read that it is not, in fact, a legit White House site - so my apologies for posting.  https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/white-house-gift-shop-tpm-investigation-continues

msommer said:
The Commish said:
pollardsvision said:
Gaston County, NC (just West of Charlotte) lifting stay-at-home orders today (against State orders).
Apparently, it's gotten pretty nasty up there between the local communities and the state.  Not surprising given the make up, but it seems like it's own little soap opera there.
Constitutionally, who's in charge?
Could the governor send in the National Guard if he actually is in charge?
I'm not sure what is in the state Constitution to be honest.

Yeah - they really did a number to disguise it as an actual White House website, but in further review, it is a private shop.  I suspected it wasn't real, so I looked through the website.  They even had an "About Us" section that talked about being approved by Harry Truman, and had a USA.gov symbol, but I just read that it is not, in fact, a legit White House site - so my apologies for posting.  https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/white-house-gift-shop-tpm-investigation-continues
:kicksrock:

Now he's stating that china started this to keep him out of office in the fall...he is honestly worst than a child.  A child would only make up one excuse an then accept he was caught in the lie.  Trump literally just changes his excuse every day.

I've never honestly seen a grown man act so desperately like a baby crying at everything.

Nice job by the White Office and Red states getting us moving again.

Couldn't come soon enough for struggling businesses and a global economy!

"We're moving again!" is a bit like Michael Scott saying "I declare bankruptcy." Just because you say it, that doesn't mean that it happened.

I'm curious....where are the guys who were so concerned that "liberal" Governors weren't going to follow the guidelines and that if they didn't "significant" pressure should be applied to them until they do because their motives were purely political etc?  There are "conservative" Governors not following the guidelines now, where are you?  Haven't heard a peep out of any of you

I'm curious....where are the guys who were so concerned that "liberal" Governors weren't going to follow the guidelines and that if they didn't "significant" pressure should be applied to them until they do because their motives were purely political etc?  There are "conservative" Governors not following the guidelines now, where are you?  Haven't heard a peep out of any of you
The guidelines never mattered, it is just about opening up as early as possible for whatever reason they can point to

Nice job by the White Office and Red states getting us moving again.

Couldn't come soon enough for struggling businesses and a global economy!
Germany's cases are ramping back up thanks to their reopening, but hey, it's not like they're losing 2300 people a day, right?

SaintsInDome2006 said:
The original White House model has 60,000 deaths by August.

It happened by April.
Fortunately for Republicans and hard working Americans, we wont have to see what a global economic depression does to the lives lost count.

HINT:  it makes 60K look like a picnic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread