What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Grappa (1 Viewer)

Parmcat

Canada: Beer, Bacon and Beavers
Was introduced to this stuff this weekend.

Holy shift it is strong. I was told it was 100 proof. It was sooo smooth, but burned all the way down, for like 10 minutes.

A friend says it is good in an espresso.

I have had newfie screech, but this stuff put the screech to shame.

Any lovers of this stuff?

I've got a bottle of it but never actually cracked it for this very reason. It's something you should pour a small amount of (1 oz or so) and sip. You can get it in different flavors.

have this all The time in Italy, which they consider an after dinner digestivo. they have one with honey that is some what drinkable, otherwise its pure Fire water.

I JUST saw this on a menu for the first time last week. The wife said that she has some suppliers at work who will only go to restaurants that have it. I'm curious now.

I bought a bottle from the Clear Creek Distillery after a tour of their facility. I enjoyed it, but it's a grown man's drink. If you need to sugar it up, it's probably just not for you. It took me about a year to finish the bottle. :bag:

The distillery is known for their pear brandy and not knowing what to expect, I thought the taste would match the sweet smell of pears that emanated from the pour. Uh, no. It packs a punch. Was expecting a pear jolly rancher and what I got was something like pear moonshine.

I hung out with some itialian dudes that insisted that you drank a small bit of grappa after dinner. They insisted that it aids in digestion. Grappa tastes like it should be used to start fires, not be consumed by humans.

It was the first hard alcohol I had ever tried at 20ish. I had it after dinner with an Italian friend. It was strong. It's good stuff imo.

Love the stuff. Definitely an acquired taste though. And bad grappa can turn people off bigtime.

This is the stuff. Have had the merlot and moscato, not the chardonnay. Can't go wrong. Wonderful.

Nonino Grappa
I enjoy it too, but I don't drink it very much. We have some friends from Bosnia who love the stuff and make their own. It's terrific. But a little goes a long way.

Love the stuff. Definitely an acquired taste though. And bad grappa can turn people off bigtime.

This is the stuff. Have had the merlot and moscato, not the chardonnay. Can't go wrong. Wonderful.

Nonino Grappa
Giannola Nonino was the lady who started the whole single varietal grappa to rival eaux-de-vie. Nonino makes some really nice fruit grappa.Clear Creek Pinot Noir Grappa is very good

Last edited by a moderator:

Nonino Grappa
Giannola Nonino was the lady who started the whole single varietal grappa to rival eaux-de-vie. Nonino makes some really nice fruit grappa.Clear Creek Pinot Noir Grappa is very good
That's the one I bought. It is an acquired taste, but I acquired it. I should get some more of that.

Users who are viewing this thread