What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greg Cosell: Please post his podcasts & articles on the 2015 draft (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

After studying West Virginia WR Kevin White's college tape, NFL Films' Greg Cosell came away believing White's game and build were "reminiscent" of Terrell Owens.
"That kind of sort of big, powerful, fast guy," observed Cosell. "White is big and explosive. I mean I think he was about 6-foot-2 1/2, 215. He's a quick-twitch explosive athlete for a kid that size. And he looks physical playing. When you see him on film, he just looks powerful and strong. And he has that explosive burst to him for a big wideout. He was very strong run after catch." Cosell suggested White might best fit in a "Don Coryell" type vertical offense. You can listen to Cosell's take on this year's wide receiver class at the link below.

Source: Ross Tucker Podcast
Mar 19 - 10:23 PM

New podcast.

Cossel breaks down the running back class with Doug Farrar.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/dougfarrarnfl/2015/03/20/the-nfl-draft-podcast-with-greg-cosell-the-running-backs

The NFL Draft Podcast with Greg Cosell: The Running Backs

Some say that the running back has been devalued in the NFL over the last decade, but don't tell that to the last two Super Bowl teams from the NFC, or the Cowboys, or the Eagles... and the 2015 draft class of running backs provides a fascinating array of talent for pro teams looking to expand their rushing attack in every poossible way. Here, Doug Farrar of Sports Illustrated and Greg Cosell of NFL FIlms and ESPN's NFL Matchup talk about the best backs who will hear their names called in the upcoming NFL draft.

Cosell was a guest on Ross Tucker yesterday I think, good stuff on the WRs.

The gist:

Cooper the most polished, Cosell doesn't like to rank guys, but you get the feeling if he was a GM, this would be his guy. Likes White a lot, thinks Parker is a notch below, not a true #1, going to settle into a #2 role.

Nice things to say about Perriman.

Asked about DGB, he mentioned a new concern: Not sure how competitive he was.

I have a hard time listening to him. The none player evaluation banter is just so annoying and he talks down to his audience like he thinks they are mentally challenged.
I like that he tends to mostly go on about sort of overarching principles. What scales from college to the pros, what can be coached, what can't. These are things I'm trying to learn.

Can't blame you for him not working for you. They're both not-ready-for-prime-time. I kind of like that, myself. A break from the pre-fab stuff. Plus, I just like that their podcast is so long form. (guessing that's not a plus for you. The food sucks, and such small portions, etc)

Anyone looking for the complete Cosell, go to the Chalk Talk podcast with Doug Farrar, they are the longest interviews, and he pretty much says the same things in all his appearances.

Does Cosell or Farrar have a year round podcast? I found Chalk Talk but that seems to be done.

Users who are viewing this thread