What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greg Jennings (2 Viewers)

I am still a believer. This guy is way too talented not to put up some big numbers. For me its a maþter of consistency - I see some big weeks and also a few stinkers.

I am going back and forth w/him...should I start or not?......while I am not going to unload him, I just know the minute I bench him he will bust out a big game.

I am contemplating sitting him for Derrick Mason who after a few stinkers himself is due for a bust out + he is playing CLE. Sid Rice is another option but MINN against DET should be a blow out and ADP will run wild against them. In the thick of a playoff spot and I need the W this week.....Ahhh...decisions, decisions....

I am going back and forth w/him...should I start or not?......while I am not going to unload him, I just know the minute I bench him he will bust out a big game.

I am contemplating sitting him for Derrick Mason who after a few stinkers himself is due for a bust out + he is playing CLE. Sid Rice is another option but MINN against DET should be a blow out and ADP will run wild against them. In the thick of a playoff spot and I need the W this week.....Ahhh...decisions, decisions....
Bench him.

My answer -- NO

Traded for him and Rodgers earlier this season and expected great things. So far, Rodgers has been nice, but Jennings a complete disappointment. But he has a lot of talent and in a dynasty league, I will still keep him. Once GB addresses their O-line and Rodgers can stand upright for more than 1 second, he'll have more opportunities to throw to Jennings. In a redraft though... eh, it might depend on who you would pick up for him. Trade-wise, he's at a low point value-wise, so I would probably just hang on to him.

Moss' Game by game

WK TM OPP RSH YD TD TARG REC YD TD FPT

1 NE BUF 0 0 0 16 12 141 0 14.1 [play-by-play]

2 NE NYJ 0 0 0 8 4 24 0 2.4 [play-by-play]

3 NE ATL 0 0 0 16 10 116 0 11.6 [play-by-play]

4 NE BAL 0 0 0 5 3 50 1 11.0 [play-by-play]

5 NE DEN 0 0 0 4 1 36 0 3.6 [play-by-play]

6 NE TEN 0 0 0 10 8 129 3 30.9 [play-by-play]

7 NE TB 0 0 0 8 5 69 0 6.9 [play-by-play]

9 NE MIA 0 0 0 11 6 147 1 20.7 [play-by-play]

TOT 0 0 0 78 49 712 5 101.2
Week 4 = 3 catchesWeek 5 = 1 catch

Week 6 = 8 catches

:lmao:

Did he, or did he not take 3 games to catch 5 passes between weeks 4 and 6?

Last edited by a moderator:
Moss' Game by game

Week 6 = 8 catches

:thumbup:

He did not.

Moss' Game by game

Week 6 = 8 catches

:moneybag:

He did not.
He did too.

Moss' Game by game

Week 6 = 8 catches

:goodposting:

He did not.
He did too.
Dude.

H.K. said:
scrumptrulescent said:
H.K. said:
scrumptrulescent said:
Moss' Game by game

Week 6 = 8 catches

:shrug:

He did not.
He did too.
Dude.
Dude?

I am going back and forth w/him...should I start or not?......while I am not going to unload him, I just know the minute I bench him he will bust out a big game. I am contemplating sitting him for Derrick Mason who after a few stinkers himself is due for a bust out + he is playing CLE. Sid Rice is another option but MINN against DET should be a blow out and ADP will run wild against them. In the thick of a playoff spot and I need the W this week.....Ahhh...decisions, decisions....
I'm in the same boat. Worried about Jennings' lack of consistency, coupled with the potential for Mason's bustout in MNF against a terrible team.

I think I've had it with Jennings. I have more confidence in D.Hester at this point. I'm going to look for a trade.

Jennings has some weird stranglehold on my roster. I can't help but keep starting him. I looked at Week 11's matchups and said to myself "oooo SF @ GB, Jennings is going to explode for a 120yd 2td day"

I think I just really don't want to miss that good game he'll eventually have, and my other options are that great (SHolmes, MWallace, JMaclin) though Maclin is looking good since Philly doesn't run the ball, at all.

In case people didn't watch this game, I noticed that he wasn't on he field a lot in the 4th quarter--totally perplexing, unless he's battling some sort of injury? I have him in a dynasty league and will hold onto him for next year, but may bench him the rest of this season

I think you have to hold at this point b/c you probably can't get anything close to the value you initially invested. That being said, he will not be back on the field for my squad anytime soon. He is just not a viable option right now given how he is being used in the GB system. He could not have had a better matchup and still was held to under 50 yards receiving. Playing other WR's vs. bad matchups produces more than Jennings vs. good/great matchups currently. I guess the likes of Driver, Jones, Nelson, and Havner are sufficient options for the HC/OC.

In case people didn't watch this game, I noticed that he wasn't on he field a lot in the 4th quarter--totally perplexing, unless he's battling some sort of injury? I have him in a dynasty league and will hold onto him for next year, but may bench him the rest of this season
Not sure how hurt he got on the collision with Brady James.James stayed down for a sec...but it also looked like Jennings got up in a little pain. But not really sure.He was targeted a bit early on...but late in the game it was more Driver/Nelson getting the looks.

Not sure how hurt he got on the collision with Brady James.James stayed down for a sec...but it also looked like Jennings got up in a little pain. But not really sure.He was targeted a bit early on...but late in the game it was more Driver/Nelson getting the looks.
I'm thinking there must have been an injury. Those late looks that Nelson was getting would usually have been Jennings. He would always be in the game in those situations otherwise.

I'm thinking there must have been an injury. Those late looks that Nelson was getting would usually have been Jennings. He would always be in the game in those situations otherwise.
Not sure...before this week Jones had been getting a lot of the goalline looks.But I agree Jennings usually gets a lot of late work in these games.Nice for Green Bay though to have Jones and Nelson when things are not right with Jennings.

I still can't believe I took this stiff over Wayne :cry:

I'll probably be playing Meachem over him from here on out. Regardless of Meachem's lack of targets, he's getting it done while Jennings continues to flounder.

I still can't believe I took this stiff over Wayne :cry: I'll probably be playing Meachem over him from here on out. Regardless of Meachem's lack of targets, he's getting it done while Jennings continues to flounder.
That was stupid. Why would you ever take Jennings over Wayne?

I still can't believe I took this stiff over Wayne :thumbdown: I'll probably be playing Meachem over him from here on out. Regardless of Meachem's lack of targets, he's getting it done while Jennings continues to flounder.
I will cop to the fact I did the same. All that talk about the high powered Colts' offense got to me. :bag:It happens, won't beat myself up over it.

Jennings got a look in the endzone. The ball sailed into the upper deck. That was his look for the game. Then (the next series) Rodgers threw a perfect pass to spencer ####### havner. The spot that should have been Jennings. Spencer ####### Havner lined up wide. Spencer ####### Havner.

Jennings got a look in the endzone. The ball sailed into the upper deck. That was his look for the game. Then (the next series) Rodgers threw a perfect pass to spencer ####### havner. The spot that should have been Jennings. Spencer ####### Havner lined up wide. Spencer ####### Havner.
I watched as well. Jennings had two "looks" that were just Rodgers throwing the ball away. Honestly, he's the WORST draft pick I've ever made now officially. McCarthy uses him terribly and Rodgers is happy to use whomever. I just didn't see this coming after two solid, consistent years. Oh well. He'll be benched for good essentially since he's untradeable and relatively unstarteable. Friggin' Packers.

Just traded him...and Gates for Barber and Cotchery.

I have Celek so losing Gates did nothing for me.

My other RBs of Kevin Smith and Tomlinson have been killing me especially with Bradshaw not doing much for my flex spot anymore.

Cotchery keeps me with good depth at WR behind R. Moss and Steve Smith (Giants) with Driver and Burleson as well.

Just tired of putting Jennings out there and watching them go elsewhere in the redzone. Just too many targets for Rodgers right now and it will get worse if Finley can come back (though, Havner has been taking over those targets it seems so maybe it won't get worse).

Jennings lines up in the slot and is only on the field about 50% of the plays. That doesn't help his numbers.

Jennings lines up in the slot and is only on the field about 50% of the plays. That doesn't help his numbers.
Actually he has been out there 80+ of the plays since week 6. It just seems like it's 50%. A firing is overdue.
When they get in the redzone, it seems like they pull him and stick Jordy Nelson and James Jones in there. I mostly saw two wide sets in the red zone that didn't involve Jennings. When he was in there, he only lined up in the slot on the right side. How does this make him a viable threat in the red zone or even put him as WR2 on that team? Or is he WR1?

I will say it again. Great buy low in dynasty. He's talented, and has a good quality QB for a long time to come. The oline is bad this year and it is definitely hurting Jennings numbers. I don't think we'll see a great rebound in 2009. I think he's a good bet to return to top 5/10 numbers in 2010.

Actually he has been out there 80+ of the plays since week 6. It just seems like it's 50%. A firing is overdue.
When they get in the redzone, it seems like they pull him and stick Jordy Nelson and James Jones in there. I mostly saw two wide sets in the red zone that didn't involve Jennings. When he was in there, he only lined up in the slot on the right side. How does this make him a viable threat in the red zone or even put him as WR2 on that team? Or is he WR1?
So you are talking 50% of redzone then, right? As the above poster shows from profootballfocus, his reps are now around 95%.

I still can't believe I took this stiff over Wayne :thumbup: I'll probably be playing Meachem over him from here on out. Regardless of Meachem's lack of targets, he's getting it done while Jennings continues to flounder.
Well, seeing what Jennings has done the last 2 years, and that he & Wayne were basically 5/6 in the WR rankings this year, and the expected success of the GB offense, I don't think it was a stretch. Of course, 10 weeks into the season guys like you know everything. It's easy to make those calls now, isn't it?

I think he was a little dinged yesterday. I dont think thats the case in any other game.

Not sure so much that the issue is Jennings and just not the time that Rodgers has to throw the ball. Rodgers connected with 10 different receivers yesterday. Forty percent of those receptions went to running backs and TE's. The receivers pretty much split the rest. When you have that many different receivers, it's going to be difficult for anyone to have a huge game. From a fantasy perspective, that sucks for us. From a NFL perspective, I think Green Bay would love to play that kind of game every week if it means a win.

As to whether Jennings was injured in that tackle, hard to say. It was an awkward tackle to say the least.

Not sure so much that the issue is Jennings and just not the time that Rodgers has to throw the ball. Rodgers connected with 10 different receivers yesterday. Forty percent of those receptions went to running backs and TE's. The receivers pretty much split the rest. When you have that many different receivers, it's going to be difficult for anyone to have a huge game. From a fantasy perspective, that sucks for us. From a NFL perspective, I think Green Bay would love to play that kind of game every week if it means a win.As to whether Jennings was injured in that tackle, hard to say. It was an awkward tackle to say the least.
And it could get worse on the split of receptions with Nelson getting worked in more now that he is back...and Finley hopefully coming back soon as well. Havner has gotten the goalline looks...but Finley will get more looks the rest of the time than Havner and Lee have IMO.

So you are talking 50% of redzone then, right? As the above poster shows from profootballfocus, his reps are now around 95%.
Okay, I probably just missed him on the field. It just seemed like he wasn't out there... On the bright side, Jennings didn't fare any worse than any other WR on that team. For some reason, though, Havner is the ultimate red zone target. Vrabel anyone?

I still can't believe I took this stiff over Wayne :) I'll probably be playing Meachem over him from here on out. Regardless of Meachem's lack of targets, he's getting it done while Jennings continues to flounder.
Well, seeing what Jennings has done the last 2 years, and that he & Wayne were basically 5/6 in the WR rankings this year, and the expected success of the GB offense, I don't think it was a stretch. Of course, 10 weeks into the season guys like you know everything. It's easy to make those calls now, isn't it?
I was trying to make a point. If you're going to fill us in on your fantasy team decisions, you'd better be prepared to take criticism.

Not sure so much that the issue is Jennings and just not the time that Rodgers has to throw the ball. Rodgers connected with 10 different receivers yesterday. Forty percent of those receptions went to running backs and TE's. The receivers pretty much split the rest. When you have that many different receivers, it's going to be difficult for anyone to have a huge game. From a fantasy perspective, that sucks for us. From a NFL perspective, I think Green Bay would love to play that kind of game every week if it means a win.As to whether Jennings was injured in that tackle, hard to say. It was an awkward tackle to say the least.
This situation reminds me of Indianapolis last year. Manning pretty much ignored Wayne the second half of the season. Clark, Addai and Gonzalez got most of the attention. I believe Manning's line struggled last year, though. He had to make more quick decisions. While Green Bay can improve their line in the off season, that doesn't help us fantasy owners this year. The one thing that Jennings has going for him is the cupcake schedule from here on out. I'd still say he's a viable starter...just more like WR3 status at this point. By no means is a WR 1 or 2.

This situation reminds me of Indianapolis last year. Manning pretty much ignored Wayne the second half of the season. Clark, Addai and Gonzalez got most of the attention. I believe Manning's line struggled last year, though. He had to make more quick decisions. While Green Bay can improve their line in the off season, that doesn't help us fantasy owners this year. The one thing that Jennings has going for him is the cupcake schedule from here on out. I'd still say he's a viable starter...just more like WR3 status at this point. By no means is a WR 1 or 2.
Tampa Bay was a seemingly tasty cupcake.

Exactly what I thought.

Tom Pelissero, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers WR Greg Jennings (knee) injured his knee during Week 10. He will likely miss some practice time this week.
It's just not his year.

Exactly what I thought.

Tom Pelissero, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports Green Bay Packers WR Greg Jennings (knee) injured his knee during Week 10. He will likely miss some practice time this week.
It's just not his year.
From Rotoworld... Greg Jennings-WR- Packers Nov. 16 - 2:02 pm et Packers coach Mike McCarthy confirmed Monday that Greg Jennings is dealing with a right knee contusion.The bruise cost Jennings a few plays in Week 10 and may limit his practice time this week, but he doesn't appear in any danger of missing Week 11. Green Bay faces San Francisco's up-and-down pass defense next Sunday.

ceo3west said:
I still can't believe I took this stiff over Wayne :thumbdown: I'll probably be playing Meachem over him from here on out. Regardless of Meachem's lack of targets, he's getting it done while Jennings continues to flounder.
:thumbup: Hindsight... obviously, none of us would have drafted his sorry #### if we could do it again, but it did make sense.

I have a good mind to drop this bum (Jennings) for Laveranues Coles this week who is still on my waiver wire. When I compare the two, Coles has had much more consistent scoring over the last 4 games played as compared to Jennings. Sometimes I think in FF we get too caught up on the name of the player and not the production of the player. Jennings has the name, but his production sucks this year!

The way I see it, Jennings gets less and less valuable as the season presents fewer and fewer opportunities.

I have no idea why I started him in one league last week. I saw his name and just left him plugged in, even though Dallas did a darn good job on Philly's WR's the week before.

So, evaluating Jennings anew, how many decent matchups does he really have left now. Because he is now a matchup player. Or is? Does the matchup even matter? Is even reliable or worth it as a WR3?

Detroit? He disappointed in the last one vs the Lions, 6 for 64, no TD's.

Seattle? 24th ranked pass defense?

SF this week, with the 29th ranked passing defense?

Chicago, BAL & PIT seem like non-starters to me.

11 11/22/09 1:00pm SF

12 11/26/09 12:30pm @DET

13 12/07/09 8:30pm BAL

14 12/13/09 1:00pm @CHI

15 12/20/09 1:00pm @PIT

16 12/27/09 1:00pm SEA

Maybe it's more worth it in PPR - Jennings just looks and plays like a possession type receiver these days. Jones getst he deep balls and Driver getst he TD's and big plays.

Users who are viewing this thread