What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GRONK MANIA! (1 Viewer)

Can I get an update on Gronk's pace for the year? Also, I think he scores again tonight.
I think he will too. But for the moment let's assume not. If he does nothing else tonight he is on pace for

80/1504/48

Edited, accidentally gave Gronk 10 extra catches. More than likely he will get closer to 90 but I am trying to keep it real here.

Last edited by a moderator:
You just have to jam him up. It's so simple why haven't other teams thought of this.

When Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski has been healthy during his career, attempts to stop him by opposing defenses have generally ranged from futile to laughable.

The Steelers are hoping to change that on Thursday night when they open their season against the Patriots in New England and they feel like they have the right plan to make it happen. While their opponents would almost certainly keep such plans to themselves, the Steelers aren’t being shy about sharing that plan days ahead of kickoff.

Safety Mike Mitchell says that Gronkowski is successful “when people don’t put their hands on him” and linebacker Ryan Shazier said that the Steelers don’t plan on giving him that kind of welcome to the 2015 season.

“You just have to jam him up a little bit, mess with his timing,” Shazier said, via ESPN.com. “If you mess up their timing, they are really time-oriented. You have to mess up their timing and get in his face with pressure, then I feel we can slow him down a little bit.”

The Patriots will play without wide receiver Brandon LaFell on Thursday, which gives the Steelers fewer options to concentrate on defensively. That said, the Steelers’ plan would fall into the “easier said than done” column even if there weren’t already major questions about the Pittsburgh’s defense’s ability to stop players far less accomplished than Gronkowski.

Amazing talent, but take away his big catch on blown coverage and he was at 3 catches for 41 yards and 2 TD's. He later caught a 1 yard pass so he would've finished at 4 catches for 42 yards and 3 TD's. He won't be catching 3 TD's every week, so on a good day I'd say his average will be 6 catches for 75 yards and 1 TD or 6 catches for 50 yards and 2 TD's.

Hardly on par with top tier WRs. Never gonna have 150-200 yard games

Amazing talent, but take away his big catch on blown coverage and he was at 3 catches for 41 yards and 2 TD's. He later caught another a 1 yard pass so he would've finished at 4 catches for 42 yards and 3 TD's. He won't be catching 3 TD's every week, so on a good day I'd say his average will be 6 catches for 75 yards and 1 TD or 6 catches for 50 yards and 2 TD's.

Dude.

Amazing talent, but take away his big catch on blown coverage and he was at 3 catches for 41 yards and 2 TD's. He later caught another a 1 yard pass so he would've finished at 4 catches for 42 yards and 3 TD's. He won't be catching 3 TD's every week, so on a good day I'd say his average will be 6 catches for 75 yards and 1 TD or 6 catches for 50 yards and 2 TD's.

:fishing:

Amazing talent, but take away his big catch on blown coverage and he was at 3 catches for 41 yards and 2 TD's. He later caught a 1 yard pass so he would've finished at 4 catches for 42 yards and 3 TD's. He won't be catching 3 TD's every week, so on a good day I'd say his average will be 6 catches for 75 yards and 1 TD or 6 catches for 50 yards and 2 TD's.

Agree with most of this, but you should take away his 6yd TD too, cuz when Blount is back theyll be rushing those ones in.

I knew it was a good idea to draft this guy in the second round!

High fives all around! :hifive:

Or you know, take away 5 catches, and he did nothing.

oh, hi gronk owner

oh, hi gronk owner
Oh, let them have their fun. Guy probably won't do anything the rest of the year. This was obviously a ploy to motivate Scott Chandler. Chandler as a decoy was a brilliant move by BelliVader but it won't work Week 2. The Gronkowski kid will go back to being irrelevant again and waiver wire fodder. <Ogletree>

Flashbacks to 5/6 years ago when people actually acted like Hernandez was better than Gronk and was the TE to own.

oh, hi gronk owner
Oh, let them have their fun. Guy probably won't do anything the rest of the year. This was obviously a ploy to motivate Scott Chandler. Chandler as a decoy was a brilliant move by BelliVader but it won't work Week 2. The Gronkowski kid will go back to being irrelevant again and waiver wire fodder. <Ogletree>
Just being the guy that should point out that the largest gain he had was on blown coverage, please don't shoot me

Take away his legs and he's just a stump.

This' only a flesh wound! Gronk still goes 3/50/1 without legs. All he needs is hands. Legs will get you extra but 3/50/1 with no legs I tell ya'.

You obviously played against him last night...please read your post again and realize how deluded you are

So there are a lot of WR's with 2400 to 3200 yard seasons? You're right, I was an idiot to get Gronk on both my teams. I always screw things up when I get away from my Kickers Early and Often Strategy. That's what I get for thinking.

So there are a lot of WR's with 2400 to 3200 yard seasons? You're right, I was an idiot to get Gronk on both my teams. I always screw things up when I get away from my Kickers Early and Often Strategy. That's what I get for thinking.
His weakness is that like most tight ends he's TD dependent. Antonio Brown had 47 more receptions and 574 yards and 1 more TD than Gronk last year, in PPR and even half point PPR WR1 ceiling smokes TE1 period.

His weakness is that like most tight ends he's TD dependent. Antonio Brown had 47 more receptions and 574 yards and 1 more TD than Gronk last year, in PPR and even half point PPR WR1 ceiling smokes TE1 period.
Yes, but WR TDs can be streaky; Gronk TDs, not so much. He will lead the NFL in RZ looks. If you want to call that handicap, so be it. If he plays all 16 Gronk is the most valuable player in fantasy. Most owners will be going into Sunday with a 25+ point lead at TE. I went up against Brown last night, Cobb can still equal or beat that score. The guy that went up against Gronk is pretty much screwed on those points (or in my case already is as started Chandler).

The only question is health. But I am fully expecting this to be his career year.

Yeah but take away 48 receptions, 575 yards and 2TDs, and Gronk did better!!!

What is the point of your posts, draq?

Seriously, did Gronk borrow your girl for a night or what?

being TD dependent isn't bad when you seem to get them rather easily. Also, are you saying 94 yards isn't a good game? LolDude, PLEASE join my league. I love playing against guys like you. Clueless.

:fishing:
Pretty obvious parody and I don't know why people are taking it seriously.

Seriously, did Gronk borrow your girl for a night or what?
by that logic, do you suck his ####? cuz i'd take the former of the two

being TD dependent isn't bad when you seem to get them rather easily. Also, are you saying 94 yards isn't a good game? LolDude, PLEASE join my league. I love playing against guys like you. Clueless.
if your ceiling is 100 yards that's not good

LOL, looks like Dr. Aquaman got his PhD in Hating from University Of Phoenix.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GronRo00/gamelog//

Gronk's celing is mid-100s. Based on past seasons, he'll have 3-4 100 yard games. But he has 54 TDs in 64 games. That's including his rookie year. Remove that and its 44 TDs in 48 games. He is far more likely to score a TD in a game than not. I can count on one hand the number of games he didn't score a TD last season.

So, what's your point, draq?

Is being the best TE in the game(by far) not good enough for you?
Duh. As long as there are top WRs in the NFL TE is a pointless position. Don't you get it? Dez has more 100 yard games than Gronk; ergo, Gronk is worthless. #DOTHEMATH

Gronk's celing is mid-100s. Based on past seasons, he'll have 3-4 100 yard games. But he has 54 TDs in 64 games. That's including his rookie year. Remove that and its 44 TDs in 48 games. He is far more likely to score a TD in a game than not. I can count on one hand the number of games he didn't score a TD last season.
What is Julio Jones' ceiling?

The same as about 10-12 other WRs in the league.

Where is the other TE with Gronk's ceiling?

We were talking about yards. Julio's yardage ceiling is in the mid-200's compared to Gronk's 100's, and Demaryius Thomas was one game short of having more 110+ yard games last season than Gronk has had in his entire career.

We were talking about yards. Julio's yardage ceiling is in the mid-200's compared to Gronk's 100's, and Demaryius Thomas was one game short of having more 110+ yard games last season than Gronk has had in his entire career.
If you play in a yardage league, that's fine. You win. Gronk is no more than a WR2. Ok. Happy?

But I get 6 points for TDs. And Gronk scores them. A lot. There is no indication he will see a drop off. I was worried about Chandler, but if he scores 3 TDs to Chandler's 1 I'll take that.

Is there an ignore feature on these boards?
Yes, but it's buried somewhere on each user's profile. They really just need an ignore button right next to people's names.
Found it!

Ok, nobody quote draquaman, please.
Great now I can't find it haha. Where is it ?? I always have trouble finding it, but you're right need to put this troll on ignore.
Go to your settings, click ignore preferences, start to type him name, and it will show up,

You need a new hobby if you're serious

Users who are viewing this thread