What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guest Article Submission Process (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
Guest Article Submission Link

Our readers are some of the most knowledgeable football guys anywhere. Now's your chance to show the world and have your work published and promoted to a zillion serious fantasy owners. We are looking for up to 60 great guest articles on fantasy football. Specifically, we are looking for articles that have not been published before on any website or in any other publication. New takes...new ideas...interesting studies, etc.

Here is a starter list of ideas (but not limited to this)

General Draft Strategy
VBD Strategy, Tips, Tricks, Deviations, etc
IDP Strategy
Auction Tactics
Dynasty Strategy
Lessons Learned
Finding Value Kickers
Finding Value Defenses
Finding Value Receivers
Exploiting Rules Deviations
The Psychological Aspects of FF
Statistical Analysis
Trading Strategy
Draft Position and It's Effect on Strategy
Drafting Strategies In Leagues w/Odd or Unusual Rules
Survivor Draft Strategies
Commissioner Help
Creating Realistic Projections
National Contests Strategies
Playing Over the Internet
How to Set up a League (Auction, Keeper, Redraft)If we select your article to be posted, we will pay $30 and put you in an "Start Them Once" league where you will compete against the other writers for $500 in cash (1st place = $250, 2nd place=$125 3rd place=$75, 4th place=$50).

Provided we get ample good efforts, we will select up to 60 articles for posting.

Here is how it will work:

You write an article between now and Wednesday, August 1st.
You send the article to Clayton Gray (gray@footballguys.com) and also provide the following information:
Name
E-mail address - where we can ask you questions (if needed) about the article
Please put "Freelance Article" in the subject header of the email
Articles should be sent as Microsoft Word documents or as text (.rtf, .txt). If tables are to be included, attach an Excel file. Do not send HTML files.
Payment will be $30 for the first article selected from each writer. If multiple articles from a writer are selected, you will be paid $35 for each additional article, but given just one entry into the Start Them Once league (to compete for $500 in cash).
Just because an article was sent in does not ensure that it will be used by Footballguys.com. We are looking for quality material with good takes backed up by strong statistical or real life experience.
By sending an article to Footballguys.com, you are agreeing to publish the content only at Footballguys.com. We are not interested in posting material that can be found at any other website or publication.
Material placed on the site becomes the property of Footballguys.com and can be used at their discretion for future publications.If you are interested, start writing. We will be accepting guest articles from now until Wednesday, August 1st.

We will publish the full list of people selected on Monday, August 5th on our Message Board. All articles will be posted to the website on or before August 13th, 2007.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet. Currently working on a Kicker Draft Strategy/Statistical analysis & Trends writeup. Not sure if it'll be done in time to submit though.

By sending an article to Footballguys.com, you are agreeing to publish the content only at Footballguys.com. We are not interested in posting material that can be found at any other website or publication.
Does this apply to rejected submissions? I can't imagine why this should apply, but that's the way it reads.

Are you sticking to the basics or are you accepting off the wall, edgy, funny stuff as well.
Humor is welcome, but in the past a lot of those submissions haven't passed grade. But funny original material can be accepted (It just has to be funny to the people judging).

Does this apply to rejected submissions? I can't imagine why this should apply, but that's the way it reads.
No. Once we reject the submission, this clause is not in effect.

Are updated versions of past articles still accepted (as in previous years), or is the focus this year on new material only?

If your article is accepted will you know before Aug 5th ?

If your article is rejected will you be contacted?

We will publish the full list of people selected on Monday, August 5th on our Message Board.
August 5th is a Sunday. Is the announcement on the 6th?

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, as a veteran of these submission processes, I'd give Clayton several days of grace. The submission process, especially re-formating the article for the website, takes a long time. Just because you didn't hear anything by the deadline doesn't mean yours wasn't chosen.

FYI, as a veteran of these submission processes, I'd give Clayton several days of grace. The submission process, especially re-formating the article for the website, takes a long time. Just because you didn't hear anything by the deadline doesn't mean yours wasn't chosen.
ConstruxBoy speaks the truth. Most submissions come in right at the deadline (I know mine did so the projections could be as up-to-date as possible). Clayton gets swamped right now. Just because you haven't heard anything yet, don't assume the worst. I'm sure you can email him again if you need to know now.By the way, I submitted also and still haven't heard either way. Fingers still crossed. :goodposting:

ConstruxBoy speaks the truth. Most submissions come in right at the deadline (I know mine did so the projections could be as up-to-date as possible). Clayton gets swamped right now. Just because you haven't heard anything yet, don't assume the worst. I'm sure you can email him again if you need to know now.By the way, I submitted also and still haven't heard either way. Fingers still crossed. :shrug:
Thanks, I'm not confident but, I'd like to know either way. It would be real nice to be selected.

I haven't heard anything yet either. I'm not a writer and submitted my articles early, so I assume that I didn't make the cut. I'm cool with that. I just can't wait to find out 100% for sure.

Scott G said:
I haven't heard anything yet either. I'm not a writer and submitted my articles early, so I assume that I didn't make the cut. I'm cool with that. I just can't wait to find out 100% for sure.
:goodposting: same here, except It couldn't hurt if I did get selected. I'm a com major in the sports field.

This is correct. The process always takes me longer than we would like. I'll do everything in my power to tell everyone yes or no by Tuesday and get the articles up before the end of next weekend.

Scott G said:
:thumbup: same here, except It couldn't hurt if I did get selected. I'm a com major in the sports field.
I hope that you are selected.

This is correct. The process always takes me longer than we would like. I'll do everything in my power to tell everyone yes or no by Tuesday and get the articles up before the end of next weekend.
Thanks for checking in, Clayton. I look forward to reading these!

Remember, if you don't get picked you can always post your article in the shark pool. You won't get the $30, but you may end up generating some interesting discussion and you will get read.

I didn't hear anything. I assume that I wasn't selected.

Congrats to all of those selected. I look forward to reading your work.

I never even heard if my submission was received. Perhaps Clayton can post a list of IN/OUT submissions in this thread so everyone knows their status? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread