What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guillotine League Strategy (2 Viewers)

League 2: Started at 15 teams down to 11
998$ of FAAB Left

QB: Fields, Goff
RB: Barkley, Javonte, Jaylen Warren, Akers, Herbert
WR: Waddle, Kik, Jakobi, Gabe Davis, Godwin
TE: Andrews

Free Agens:
QB: Mahommes/Cousins--wouldn't hate adding Mahommes, but QB has been ok.
RB: Walker and Conner. Feel like I need to get at least 1 more RB.
WR: Adams, Cooper, Nico

I'd like Mahommes, but don't feel like QB is in an awul spot. Goff has a solid matchup with Carolina. How much would you go for him?
RB: I need 1 or 2 guys. I'm not wanting to break the bank for either guy. Conner feels like a really solid value play here. How much for Walker/Conner?]
WR: Adams would give me an actual WR1. I assume he'll cost a ton. I'm pretty solid at WR. How much for him?

League 3: Superflex, TE Premium started at 16:

200$/200$ FAAB left. Mentally I'm just dividing normal bids by 5.

QB: Mahommes
RB: Mixon, Akers, Bigsby
WR: Kirk, Nico, Cooks
TE: Ertz
Flex: Tank Bigsby
Flex: Dalton Schultz
SF: Richardson

QB available: Lawrence
RB: Saquon, Javonte, Mattison
WR: Waddle, London, Jakobi
TE: Hockenson

Hock feels like a massive upgrade. Especially with the TE premium. I could use help everywhere though. Thoughts on what to bid?

League 3: Superflex, TE Premium started at 16:

200$/200$ FAAB left. Mentally I'm just dividing normal bids by 5.

RB: Mixon, Akers, Bigsby
WR: Kirk, Nico, Cooks
TE: Ertz
Flex: Tank Bigsby
Flex: Dalton Schultz
SF: Richardson

QB available: Lawrence
RB: Saquon, Javonte, Mattison
WR: Waddle, London, Jakobi
TE: Hockenson

Hock feels like a massive upgrade. Especially with the TE premium. I could use help everywhere though. Thoughts on what to bid?
If anyone is in a similar league:

Lawrence went for 72 or the equivalent of 360 in a 1K$ budget league.
Waddle went for 52---260$ in a 1K budget
Barkley 45--225
Hockenson 40--200
Javonte 22--110
Michael Wilson 22--110$
Mattison--18--90 would have been pretty happy with this, I bid 12$ on him
London 16--80
Jakobi 11--55$. I wouldn't have hated this one either. I was bidding on the range of 7$

Thanks to CMC - for the most part - I continue to be one of the best scoring teams left.

D'Andre Swift is available and we can start up to 4 RB, so thinking of throwing some coin at him (dropping Kyler Murray) as he'd give me a good option in lieu of Michael Thomas.

And for some backup bids I have Jaleel McLaughlin and Zach Ertz (just for bye week coverage for Engram).

Really love Guillotine leagues! .... well, as long as I'm alive :lol:

Oh boy, JJ just got chopped, how much is too much?
GL bidding data says that last week the average winning bid for him was $663, the minimum winning bid was $400.
The highest bids in our league so far this year have been:
$325 for Tony Pollard in Week 2
$250 for Patrick Mahomes in Week 3
$202 for Saquon Barkley in Week 4
$170 for Davonta Smith in Week 4
If you Need him/want to try to win him, I think you're looking at around 350 as your best shot. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone blows it out for him. I just wouldn't want to be there. Realistically, I'd like to be closer to like 250.
I bid $378, He went for $669 :eek: Next highest bid was $651
I bid on six guys but went 0fer.

GL bidding data says that last week the average winning bid for him was $663, the minimum winning bid was $400.
If you Need him/want to try to win him, I think you're looking at around 350 as your best shot. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone blows it out for him. I just wouldn't want to be there. Realistically, I'd like to be closer to like 250.
This is the time of year I'd be fine with an 0fer. You have to be thinking end game and take some chances now on standing pat.

This is the time of year I'd be fine with an 0fer. You have to be thinking end game and take some chances now on standing pat.
I did that last year and went out week 5. :scared:
I was probably the only team eliminated with Kelce and his 4 TD game.
I just needed one point from friggin Pacheco and he went 1 carry for 0 yards

Thanks to CMC - for the most part - I continue to be one of the best scoring teams left.

D'Andre Swift is available and we can start up to 4 RB, so thinking of throwing some coin at him (dropping Kyler Murray) as he'd give me a good option in lieu of Michael Thomas.

And for some backup bids I have Jaleel McLaughlin and Zach Ertz (just for bye week coverage for Engram).

Missed out on Swift AND McLaughlin, landed Ertz.

I may be in some trouble this week with CMC playing Dallas and both DK and Ford on bye.

Forced to play the aforementioned Ertz and Rashee Rice.

Gotta decide between Danny Dimes and Russ at QB. Eek.

Missed out on Swift AND McLaughlin, landed Ertz.

I may be in some trouble this week with CMC playing Dallas and both DK and Ford on bye.

Forced to play the aforementioned Ertz and Rashee Rice.

Gotta decide between Danny Dimes and Russ at QB. Eek.
Go Russ, IMO. The Giants look AWFUL.

I believe I am in trouble this week. Last week I missed on Breece Hall by $2 and Kelce by $5. Put a bid in on DJ Moore but not nearly enough. Only top player on this week's eliminated team was Jefferson which does me no good. Kyren Williams, Mixon and Pittman are my targets this week, and none of them really thrill me. Won week 3, barely scraped by in week 4 and 5.

Got Kyren Williams and Pittman last week and both did great. Ended up high scorer this past week. Ekeler, Jacobs, and Kamara all chopped this week. Also Rhamondre. Hope to get two of these guys. Going to probably stream a new QB (Burrow last week) rather than Cousins against 49ers. Maybe Howell.

Probably overspent on Davante Adams last week but hoping he gets right.

Big question this week is do I start CMC on MNF or go with safe points in James Cook?

Big question this week is do I start CMC on MNF or go with safe points in James Cook?
Hope for CMC to play and have another MNF option to switch in if he's a late scratch.

Thoughts on rostering someone like James Conner? I don’t think he would be expensive to pick up, but the lack of any clear timeline for his return from injury makes me hesitate.

I know it’s simply “don’t finish last each week” but it seems like a risk to have too many injured guys or guys on bye week.

Hope for CMC to play and have another MNF option to switch in if he's a late scratch.
Hmm, yeah... Cam Akers would be the only guy available worth a hoot. Maybe I'll just add him (for free, why not) and hope for the best.

League 1: 8 teams left, 650$ left
RB: Barkley, SWift, Rhamondre, Javonte, McGlughlin, Hubbard
WR: Waddle, Kirk, Cooper, Godwin, Nico Collins, Gabe Davis, Jakobi Meyers

FA is absolutely stacked

RB: Kamara, J Taylor, Breece Hall, Bijan
WR: Diggs, Kupp, Jefferson, Thielen, Ridley, Pickens

Feel like the priorities are Kamara, Diggs, Kupp. How much should I go?

League 1: 8 teams left, 650$ left
RB: Barkley, SWift, Rhamondre, Javonte, McGlughlin, Hubbard
WR: Waddle, Kirk, Cooper, Godwin, Nico Collins, Gabe Davis, Jakobi Meyers

FA is absolutely stacked

RB: Kamara, J Taylor, Breece Hall, Bijan
WR: Diggs, Kupp, Jefferson, Thielen, Ridley, Pickens

Feel like the priorities are Kamara, Diggs, Kupp. How much should I go?
We had a field day.

Got Diggs for 226. Breece for 126. Bijan for 50$. And Justin Jefferson for a whopping 1$ Bob.

Down to 246$ on FAAB. Don't love it. But I do think my team is MUCH safer at this point and I got good value on everyone. At this point, I think I've put the other teams in a position to compete with each other to survive, and they'll have to start spending more aggressively on their FAAB to do so.

Anything can happen in these. Injury, suspension, Bijan starts but never gets the ball because of a headache, etc. But I feel confident I'll get through 2 more weeks, and then Jefferson comes back to make the team even stronger.

In Super Chop, so only 5 teams left. At this point most teams are stacked so I think there is more luck involved. Miami having the week 10 bye will be interesting, hopefully I am still around.

Herbert (picked up this week for $1, everyone else has their QB)
Taylor
Ekeler
Aman Ra
Thielen
Kamara
Rhamondre/Moster
Waller

Goff was dropped so may pick him up. I now have the most FAAB left so hopefully don't come in last and pick up a top player.

In Super Chop, so only 5 teams left. At this point most teams are stacked so I think there is more luck involved. Miami having the week 10 bye will be interesting, hopefully I am still around.

Herbert (picked up this week for $1, everyone else has their QB)
Taylor
Ekeler
Aman Ra
Thielen
Kamara
Rhamondre/Moster
Waller

Goff was dropped so may pick him up. I now have the most FAAB left so hopefully don't come in last and pick up a top player.
Good Luck!

Luck absolutely comes into play with fewer and fewer teams.

1 huge day skews things. Imagine being the worst o the 5 teams and Foreman gets 3 TD's to save you. Or imagine being the best team, and you've got 1 guy knocked out and another stud just doesn't produce.

Last year, I drafted crazy well and found some great values. Got into the final stretch with the best team and the most FAAB by a lot. I was in the driver seat. I was literally playing keepaway on the waivers. I had Mahommes and Josh Allen. I had 4 of the top 8 RBs and as many elite WR's as I could scoop. Got to the Final week and lost. The benches are short enough, you can't hoard every really good player. Even though I was able to use my FAAB to keep him from getting a lot of guys--he still got some good pieces for the Finale.

Last edited:
Bid Stacking:

I don't see people talking about this, but assume most people are aware of it, and utilize it. Wanted to make a quick post that will hopefully help some who aren't aware.

One of the best features on GuillotineLeagues.com is the contingency bid. This week I bid 226$ on Diggs. I had a contingency bet for 226$ on Kupp. Don't want to pay 226$ for both. If I get Diggs, I still want Kupp. But not 226$ worth. So I bid 150$ standalone on Kupp. Someone else unfortunately bid 200$ and I didn't get him. But I had contingency bid of $126$ on Breece Hall behind the Kupp bid. I got Breece.

And then I made smaller bids on less prioritized players--value bids as people call it. 75$ on Jonathan Taylor--not dying to have him, but I won't let someone else have him for cheaper than that. I bid 50$ on Bijan--and Got him!

So by doing contingency bids with stand alone bids in descending costs--you can increase your likelihood of finding value.

Didn't make any bids this week as I'm down to $33 (out of $100), so holding that cash for now. Did make a couple of free moves that might help down the stretch: flipped ARI TEs, as Ertz went on IR and McBride was just sitting out there. If Murray returns McBride's stock may rise a bit. He's already a top-12 TE for Week 8 so folks seem to like him even with Dobbs under center. Also picked up Tank Dell, dropped Rondale Moore. Just like his outlook as he returns from injury.

League 1: 7 Teams left
RB: Bijan, Breece, Swift, Barkley, Rhamondre
WR: Diggs/Waddle/Jefferson/Kirk/Amari/Godwin/Jakobi/Nico

Didn't get anyone this week after going NUTS last week. One guy had held onto all 1000$ of his FAAB until today and then went nuts, dropped 480$ on Kelce, and 350 on 2 RB's.

I'm suddenly the 3rd highest FAAB again at 246. The 2 teams above me have 471 and 395. Here's hoping they lose soon!

League 2: Superflex; TEP--10 teams left. This one has had me holding on to a thread the last 2 or 3 weeks, so felt like we had to spend some $$. Had the most FAAB going into the day, and went a little nuts.

QB: Mahommes, Tua (paid 220$), Zack Wilson
RB: Bijan (paid 170$) Walker ($130), Mixon, Brian Robinson (20$), Hunt
WR: Devonte, Metcalf, Kirk, Nico, Dotson
TE: Schultz/Njoku

Week 10 is going to be interesting with both Mahommes and Tua on a bye. Would have just cut Zack Wilson otherwise. Watson got dropped, I can put in a claim for him, but after the way he started the game 2 weeks ago, played awful and then sat--not in a hurry to trust him.

Down to the final four, in the money... obviously now every team is absolutely stacked and I'm having difficulty choosing here. Made the mistake of sitting Cook (for Ekeler) and McBride (for Engram) last week, otherwise I'd be in the lead going into the 4-week finale.

I'm locked in with Dak at QB

Need a total of 7 players from this group:

2-4 RBs
CMC (locked in even with bad matchup)
Cook (feels like he's locked in with good matchup)
Hall
Ekeler

2-4 WRs
Jefferson
Rice
Devonta Smith
DK
Waddle
Adams

1-3 TEs
McBride (feels like he's locked in with good matchup)
Engram
Ferguson

Thoughts?

Down to the final four, in the money... obviously now every team is absolutely stacked and I'm having difficulty choosing here. Made the mistake of sitting Cook (for Ekeler) and McBride (for Engram) last week, otherwise I'd be in the lead going into the 4-week finale.

I'm locked in with Dak at QB

2-4 RBs
Hall
Ekeler

2-4 WRs
Jefferson
Rice
Devonta Smith
DK
Waddle
Adams

1-3 TEs
Engram
Ferguson

Thoughts?
CMC, Cook, Jefferson, Rice, Smith, Metcalf, McBride. I absolutely do not trust any Chargers or Jets at this juncture.

I lost out in my 2 leagues on GuillotineLegues.com. I'm still grinding this one on sleeper with pretty interesting settings: Superflex, TE Premium, points for 1st downs. It's been a journey and I've had more than my share of close calls for the year. A few times I thought for sure I was dead--including the last 2 weeks. Managed to be the only one with any $$ the last 2 weeks.

Final Roster:
QB: Hurts
RB: ETN
RB: Kamara
WR: AJ Brown
WR: ARSB
WR: Hill
TE: Kelce
Flex: Jefferson
Flex: Kupp
SF: Mahommes
K: Aubrey

Bench: Saquon Breece, Bijan, Olave, Hockenson

The other 2 teams are slightly less stacked, but stacked enough that anyone can still win. The Final 2 weeks are such that the highest scoring team over the 2 weeks wins it all. Here's hoping my guys go off.

2-4 RBs

2-4 WRs
Jefferson
Rice
Devonta Smith
Waddle

1-3 TEs

Thoughts?
I think the above is what I would roll with.

Users who are viewing this thread