What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guillotine League Strategy (1 Viewer)

We did GuillotineLeagues.Com last year, and it was a blast.

1st year doing it, got 3rd place in 1 league and 2nd in the other.

Hoping to get at least 2 this year.

Guillotine league players, where do y’all play? Is there a good/trusted website with open leagues you can join, or is it mostly a custom setup with people you know? Looking to try one out this year but unsure where to start looking.

TIA
I run mine through MyFantasyLeague.com.

The difference between this site and the one above is MFL has a weekly elimination up until Week 17. The other site stops eliminating with 4 teams left and those fight it out for top score over that span (I think).

There are two options: one as you describe, and one where you chop all the way to Week 17. I won my one and only of these leagues last year. What a blast.

I've done one draft so far, and I'd forgotten how thin your team feels after an 18 person draft. Whew!

My strategy for the past two years was to draft Travis Kelce in the first round. I was lucky enough to have him available when my turn came up. He's been a cheat code in this format. I took him at #8 in 2021 and he somehow fell to #15 last year. I'm grabbing him at #7 or later for sure this year and will seriously debate it if I get a higher draft pick over any of the top 4 WR and CMC/Ekeler.

Sorry to keep spamming this thread, but does anyone have an 18-team guillotine draft I could look at?

A draft from this year, a draft from last year, a mock draft, literally anything. I can't seem to find one anywhere to look at for reference.

Yet again, TIA!

Got the 6th pick. Took Kelce and got Rhamondre Stevenson in the 2nd. Those teams with week 5 byes are scaring me off of some players.

MIght be punting the QB position in my draft. My question now: How would you rank these QBs as having the highest FLOOR?

• Goff
  • Pickett
  • Carr
  • Purdy
  • Howell
  • Stafford
  • Tannehill
  • Love

opinions on taking a 2nd top TE early after taking Kelce? Hockenson is there in round 4, and while I still need a 2nd player at both RB and WR, having a really good TE as a flex option is appealing.

I've done one so far, but it's on Sleeper as opposed to the normal site. 16 team SF. Really happy with how it turned out.

Have 2 set up to do on GuillotineLeagues.com in the next week.

Last edited:
I'm in the midst of a slow (2 hour/pick) draft on GuillotineLeagues.com. It's a super chop--so only 12 teams per league as opposed to the 18 teams.
We have another one with a group of friends--we were going to do the full 18, but have only managed to find 13 people to participate so far.

Last year, I just treated it like a draft. Get guys you like. Chase upside.

This year, I'm much more of the mindset of "be safe." Get guys with high floors.

So excited about starting this tomorrow. Figured I'd share my teams, maybe others will want to do the same and get some feedback.

League 1: 12 Teams:
QB: Lawrence
RB: Ekeler/Mixon/A Jones/McKinnon/Singletary
WR: Adams/Godwin/Diontae/Jeudy/Nico Collins/E Moore
TE: Njoku/Gray

In the 12 teamer, really wanted to get one of the top 8 QB's. Was hoping to get one of the top TE's as well, but felt QB gave the more consistent floor.
Off to a good start. Dodged the major injuries. Guys paid up for some injured guys--Kupp still went 2nd round, Kamara went 6th round.

League 2: 15 teams
QB: Goff, Carr
RB: Barkley/Javonte/Dillon/Josh Kelly
WR: Waddle/Godwin/Kirk/Gabe Davis/Jakobi/Hodgins
TE: Andrews/Everett

Overall really happy with it, wished the RB2/3 spots were a little stronger but I'd rather be weak at RB than WR. The league was quite aggressive on QB's--Allen and Mahommes going 1st round. Hurts/Lamar/Burrow 2nd. Fields/Herbert in the 3rd. This played into my strategy to wait on QB. With more teams, the gap at QB becomes less significant. Especially after the top 8.

Also off to a good start here. Goff had 14 for me night 1. Not going to win you a week, but not going to lose it. One guy took Kelce early 2nd round and started Noah Gray/Pacheco. One guy went Kupp/Breece/Kamara/Taylor Rounds 3-6 and doesn't have a lot of good options week 1--especially in a 15 teamer.

Only League: 18 Teams:
QB: Purdy, Young, Tannehill
RB: Bijan, Dameon Pierce, Charb, Gainwell, Dowdle
WR: Waddle, Kirk, Dotson, Jakobi Meyers
TE: Freiermuth, L Thomas

I went all RB or WR for the first 9 rounds aside from TE (Freiermuth).

A little risky but I waited to be the last one to take a QB (10th round).
After a few games, QB's will start getting cheap in blind bidding.

I wanted to take a top TE but was just bad timing / wrong spot in each round.

Last edited:
Only League: 18 Teams:
QB: Purdy, Young, Tannehill
RB: Bijan, Dameon Pierce, Charb, Gainwell, Dowdle
WR: Waddle, Kirk, Dotson, Jakobi Meyers
TE: Freiermuth, L Thomas

I went all RB or WR for the first 9 rounds aside from TE (Freiermuth).

A little risky but I waited to be the last one to take a QB (10th round).
After a few games, QB's will start getting cheap in blind bidding.

I wanted to take a top TE but was just bad timing / wrong spot in each round.
Really solid for 18 teams

Week 1:

My team in the 12 team league coasted.

My team in the 15 teamer struggled. I finished next to last.

15 teams (14 remaining)
I bid120 on Lamb, 20 on Lamar (don’t overpay on QB’s).

Lamb went for 350. Lamar went for 325 to the same guy.

I bis 70$ on J Cook. He went for 200$.
I bid 50$ on R White. He went for 79.

In my 12 teamer:
I bid 200$ on CMC. He went for 1,000$. Yup. Someone spent it all.

I bid 45$ on Pierce. He went for 101$.

I bid 70$ on J cook. Got him there.
I bid 20$ on R White. Got hi. There. Felt like a steal. Always make a cheap bid just in case.

Week 1:

My team in the 12 team league coasted.

My team in the 15 teamer struggled. I finished next to last.

15 teams (14 remaining)
I bid120 on Lamb, 20 on Lamar (don’t overpay on QB’s).

Lamb went for 350. Lamar went for 325 to the same guy.

I bis 70$ on J Cook. He went for 200$.
I bid 50$ on R White. He went for 79.

In my 12 teamer:
I bid 200$ on CMC. He went for 1,000$. Yup. Someone spent it all.

I bid 45$ on Pierce. He went for 101$.

I bid 70$ on J cook. Got him there.
I bid 20$ on R White. Got hi. There. Felt like a steal. Always make a cheap bid just in case.

You'll be happy later on that those guys went so high.

Love Waiver day!

In my 12 team league (down to 10), I've got a really good team. I also have a lot of injuries. Ekeler and A Jones. Lost Diontae Johnson, ended up cutting him now that he's on IR. I've been "value" bidding. I threw out a bid of 175 for Chase this week, thinking no way that's enough. It worked. Hilariously, Jerome Ford went for nearly 500$. I also got Kittle for 30$ to replace Njoku.

In my 15 teamer (down to 13), I'm a little nervous. I've got Barkley out and Waddle questionable. I got no one on waivers. I bid 10$ on Trevor Lawrence, he went for $350. I bid 125$ on AJ Brown, he went for 250$. I bid 50$ on Jerome Ford. He went for 200$. I'm too afraid to bid on Garrett Wilson with the QB situation. He went for 150$.

I'm a big believer in saving your money, and not overpaying early. Other people spending big early is the goal. Just need to hold on until I can get the squad healthy, and grab a guy or 2 off waivers.

Looking pretty good so far thanks to (mainly) CMC and Devonta Smith. Because Akers was my RB2 I threw a good bit of coin at James Cook and won last week.

Not sure if I should just save my money and roll with Daniel Jones and Russ Wilson or bid on Lamar Jackson. Thoughts on that, Guillotiners?

Looking pretty good so far thanks to (mainly) CMC and Devonta Smith. Because Akers was my RB2 I threw a good bit of coin at James Cook and won last week.

Not sure if I should just save my money and roll with Daniel Jones and Russ Wilson or bid on Lamar Jackson. Thoughts on that, Guillotiners?
I think it's fine to bid like 20-25$ depending on how worried you are about the QB situation. I wouldn't get much crazier than that on QB this early in the season.

Got a nice jump start in 1 league with Kittle's 16 points. TE has been a doo doo show so far. Njoku has been subpar in that league.

League 1: We started at 12 teams, now down to 9. (It's a Superchop). Actually pretty happy with the team overall. Sitting at 705$ FAAB.

RB: Ekeler, Mixon, Aaron Jones, R White, Cook, Hunt. (I got Cook for 70$ and White for 20$ after week 1 with Ekeler and Jones injured).

WR: Adams/Chase/Godwin/Jeudy (Spent 175$ for Chase last week, thought someone would bid way more).

TE: Kittle and Njoku (submitted an underbid of 30$ on Kittle last week and no one else bid).

FA's

Hurts--QB is my weak spot and this is a huge upgrade. I don't want to overpay for a QB. Debating going as high as 50$. I assume someone else will pay more. But with the rest of the squad being solid--should I keep it closer to 30?

RBs: Mattison, Taylor, Rhamondre, Jacobs. I should sit tight at RB, right? I think Jones will be back this week. Ekeler could sit out a bit longer, but sounds like he's close to coming back. I ight do a few 10-25$ bits to see if I can steal someone

WR: Lamb, Ridley, Higgins, McLaurin, Puka. How much to throw at Lamb/Ridley/Higgins? I feel like the team is pretty solid and I want to hold onto some FAAB. I thought about throwing like 75$ at 1 or 2 of them and hoping the league stays pretty conservative.

League 2: Friends league--started out with 15 teams. Down to 12. I think the squad is a little underwhelming. I had Waddle and Barkley out this past week, and had my 2nd near death experience. I have 100% of my 1,000$ left.

QB: Goff

RB: Barkley/Javonte/Kelley/Dillon/Herbert/Akers/Craig Reynolds

WR: Waddle/Godwin/Kirk/Jakobi/Gabe Davis

TE: Andrews

QB: Fields and Lawrence cut. Not sure either is a significant upgrade with how they've been playing. I might go 20$ towards Lawrence. Should I be more aggressive?

RB: Ekeler, James Cook. If I was certain Ekeler would play this week, I'd pay up big. But there's a chance they hold him out through the week 5 bye. And I don't love the idea of paying big $$ to not use him for 2 weeks. I'm thinking moreso like 75-80$. Thoughts?

Cook--how much? My initial thought is ~100$. But maybe I need to be more aggressive given the state of my RB's.

WR's: AJ Brown, Devonte Smith, McLaurin, Pickens. I feel like the WR group is pretty good. BUT, Gabe Davis is so boom/bust, I wouldn't mind having another WR so as to not deal with the swings. How much for Brown/Smith/Mclaurin? I'm thinking 150-160$ for Brown, maybe 125$ for Smith, and like 75$ for McLaurin?

League 3: This one is kind of different and being run through Sleeper(it's a charity league), Commish is manually doing things. You do the usual FAAB bidding, which doesn't allow you to do all of the contingency things. GuillotineLeagues.com is the best way to do this and worth the few bucks it costs to host.

This is a 16 team SF league. Since it was only 16 teams, we waited until after week 3 to cut the 1st team. We have 200$ FAAB to work with, so the bids will be smaller.

Roster

QB: Mahommes/Richardson

RB: Mixon/Bigsby/Akers (ouch)/Sean Tucker

WR: Metcalf/Kirk/Nico/Cooks/Mingo/Hodgins

TE: Ertz/Schultz

Cuts: QB: Cousins, Pickett. As long as Richardson makes it back, I'll be ok at QB for a while. Curious though, what do people bid on QB's in SF leagues? I wouldn't mind the value bid on Cousins, but I'm banking on someone blowing a huge chunk of their FAAB. Maybe Pickett goes cheap under the radar with everyone focused on Cousins?

RB: Mitchell, Murray, Gibson--nothing to see here really.

WR: Kupp, Deebo, Zay Flowers, Tank Dell, Dotson. I'd love to get Deebo/Flwers/Dell. What's a good value bid on these dudes? Thinking like 10% on Deebo, 7-8% on Flowers and Dell.

TE: Chigg: Not really too excited about him.

League 1: We started at 12 teams, now down to 9. (It's a Superchop). Actually pretty happy with the team overall. Sitting at 705$ FAAB.

RB: Ekeler, Mixon, Aaron Jones, R White, Cook, Hunt. (I got Cook for 70$ and White for 20$ after week 1 with Ekeler and Jones injured).

WR: Adams/Chase/Godwin/Jeudy (Spent 175$ for Chase last week, thought someone would bid way more).

TE: Kittle and Njoku (submitted an underbid of 30$ on Kittle last week and no one else bid).

FA's

Hurts--QB is my weak spot and this is a huge upgrade. I don't want to overpay for a QB. Debating going as high as 50$. I assume someone else will pay more. But with the rest of the squad being solid--should I keep it closer to 30?

RBs: Mattison, Taylor, Rhamondre, Jacobs. I should sit tight at RB, right? I think Jones will be back this week. Ekeler could sit out a bit longer, but sounds like he's close to coming back. I ight do a few 10-25$ bits to see if I can steal someone

WR: Lamb, Ridley, Higgins, McLaurin, Puka. How much to throw at Lamb/Ridley/Higgins? I feel like the team is pretty solid and I want to hold onto some FAAB. I thought about throwing like 75$ at 1 or 2 of them and hoping the league stays pretty conservative.

I am a saver, not a spender. So take my thoughts with that grain of salt. Crazy how solid your team is (all mine are 18 team leagues so it gets thin QUICK). I'd be "underbidding" on only clear improvements and kind of hoping you don't win the bidding. Ignore RB. I'd say $30 max on Hurts. Ridley and Higgins too inconsistent for me in this format. I'd throw $45 at Lamb and $25 at Puka and see what happens.

League 2: Friends league--started out with 15 teams. Down to 12. I think the squad is a little underwhelming. I had Waddle and Barkley out this past week, and had my 2nd near death experience. I have 100% of my 1,000$ left.

QB: Fields and Lawrence cut. Not sure either is a significant upgrade with how they've been playing. I might go 20$ towards Lawrence. Should I be more aggressive?

RB: Ekeler, James Cook. If I was certain Ekeler would play this week, I'd pay up big. But there's a chance they hold him out through the week 5 bye. And I don't love the idea of paying big $$ to not use him for 2 weeks. I'm thinking moreso like 75-80$. Thoughts?

Cook--how much? My initial thought is ~100$. But maybe I need to be more aggressive given the state of my RB's.

WR's: AJ Brown, Devonte Smith, McLaurin, Pickens. I feel like the WR group is pretty good. BUT, Gabe Davis is so boom/bust, I wouldn't mind having another WR so as to not deal with the swings. How much for Brown/Smith/Mclaurin? I'm thinking 150-160$ for Brown, maybe 125$ for Smith, and like 75$ for McLaurin?

I think I'd ride Goff...he's been equalish to Lawrence.

Ignore Ekeler, too risky. Average bid on guillotineleagues.com for Cook is $262. I'd bid $81 and see if I can get a bargain.

AWB on AJG is over $400. I think you're right on on AJB with your low bid. I'd ignore Smith and McLaurin because at this point they are no more consistent than Gabe.

League 3: This one is kind of different and being run through Sleeper(it's a charity league), Commish is manually doing things. You do the usual FAAB bidding, which doesn't allow you to do all of the contingency things. GuillotineLeagues.com is the best way to do this and worth the few bucks it costs to host.

This is a 16 team SF league. Since it was only 16 teams, we waited until after week 3 to cut the 1st team. We have 200$ FAAB to work with, so the bids will be smaller.

Roster

Cuts: QB: Cousins, Pickett. As long as Richardson makes it back, I'll be ok at QB for a while. Curious though, what do people bid on QB's in SF leagues? I wouldn't mind the value bid on Cousins, but I'm banking on someone blowing a huge chunk of their FAAB. Maybe Pickett goes cheap under the radar with everyone focused on Cousins?

WR: Kupp, Deebo, Zay Flowers, Tank Dell, Dotson. I'd love to get Deebo/Flwers/Dell. What's a good value bid on these dudes? Thinking like 10% on Deebo, 7-8% on Flowers and Dell.

Not a SF guy in guillotines, but I think your numbers are high on the WRs. I'd not bit $100 on Deebo after the first cut. I'd chop those % in half. Just my two cents.

@jm192 Not sure if you're a podcast guy, or have time to listen, but Paul Charchian posts the Chop podcast each Tuesday afternoon. Goes over bidding thoughts on the most common chopped players on the gl.com website, and gives overarching thoughts on "types" of players to bid on and avoid. Worth a listen, and definitely helped me win my one gl.com league last year.

One thing he mentioned today, you should only be motivated to spend up if you've consistently been in danger, like your 2nd team you outlined. Which is why I'd be more likely to spend up on a guy like AJB, even though you're not spending nearly as much as others might, vs spending on Lamb for your 1st team you outlined.

The Charch pod is entertaining. One thing I don’t like about it is it seems every conversation ends with “here’s what I’d bid, but I won’t get him at that price”

I get trying to save for late season, but that extra budget does you no good if you’re knocked out in week 5.

The Charch pod is entertaining. One thing I don’t like about it is it seems every conversation ends with “here’s what I’d bid, but I won’t get him at that price”

I get trying to save for late season, but that extra budget does you no good if you’re knocked out in week 5.

That's true. But that philosophy won me my league last year. Like I said above, if you're in consistent peril, spend more. If you're in an 18 team guillotine, you have a 93% chance of advancing this week. If you are uncomfortable with that number, looking at your team, you should spend more. It's shades of gray for sure.

Ignore Ekeler, too risky. Average bid on guillotineleagues.com for Cook is $262. I'd bid $81 and see if I can get a bargain.

AWB on AJG is over $400. I think you're right on on AJB with your low bid. I'd ignore Smith and McLaurin because at this point they are no more consistent than Gabe.
Lawrence went for a whopping 151$. I got Fields for 1$ on the chance he shows some life.

Brown went for 360$. Smith 180$.

I was debating going as high as 150$ on Cook. He went for 201. I got Jaylen Warren for 1$. Still at 998$ FAAB. Just gotta hold on tight.

Roster

Not a SF guy in guillotines, but I think your numbers are high on the WRs. I'd not bit $100 on Deebo after the first cut. I'd chop those % in half. Just my two cents.
Cousins went for 86/200$. Deebo 71/200$. That’s equal to 430$ and 355$ in a 1K budget league. Pretty content not getting them.

FA's

I am a saver, not a spender. So take my thoughts with that grain of salt. Crazy how solid your team is (all mine are 18 team leagues so it gets thin QUICK). I'd be "underbidding" on only clear improvements and kind of hoping you don't win the bidding. Ignore RB. I'd say $30 max on Hurts. Ridley and Higgins too inconsistent for me in this format. I'd throw $45 at Lamb and $25 at Puka and see what happens.
I like your thoughts a lot on this one. Feel like the team is solid and I’m already down to 705$. Value bid on everyone. Got no one. Hurts was my big want, and he went for 156$. I bid 51$. I think we should be safe a few more weeks regardless if wgwt we do on waivers.

Lawrence went for a whopping 151$. I got Fields for 1$ on the chance he shows some life.

I was debating going as high as 150$ on Cook. He went for 201. I got Jaylen Warren for 1$. Still at 998$ FAAB. Just gotta hold on tight.

Roster

Cousins went for 86/200$. Deebo 71/200$. That’s equal to 430$ and 355$ in a 1K budget league. Pretty content not getting them.

FA's

I like your thoughts a lot on this one. Feel like the team is solid and I’m already down to 705$. Value bid on everyone. Got no one. Hurts was my big want, and he went for 156$. I bid 51$. I think we should be safe a few more weeks regardless if wgwt we do on waivers.

Love it. Fields/Warren were bargains. Way to go.

For comparison, in one of my leagues Josh Palmer went for $161. JOSH PALMER. Next highest bid was $75. People are not great at bidding, easier just to sit back and watch them blow their money.

I have consistently been projected to be near the bottom, and so far have been fortunate to have finished near the top each week. I think QB is overrated in super chop since you only have 12 teams to start. I have been alternating Cousins and Daniel Jones. TE is also not much of a concern since this is not TE premium and all the TEs seem pretty bad this year. I just spent $23 to get Waller (next highest bid was $20).

Probably dump Shaheed for Roschon Johnson went free waivers open up today.

I don't love my WRs but they are serviceable. Saving up for a top 1-5 guy.

Etienne and Bijan were available this week -- Etienne went for $212 and Bijan for $404. Hurts went for $99 and Thielen went for $67.

I agree with the above, that if your team is decent you should save your money for later. Once down to 5 or 6 teams I'll bid more if a super stud comes out.

Current FAAB $911

QB -- Jones, Cousins
RB -- Mostert, JCook, JGibbs, Brian Robinson, JTaylor (picked up for free)
WR -- Amon, Garrett Wilson, Tutu Atwell, Christian Watson, Shaheed and Toney
TE -- Waller

Still alive...

QB - Jones and Russ, although I am going to throw a little cash at Lamar again this week (the guy who won him last week got cut!)

RB - CMC, Cook and Ford look like my starters moving forward, with Akers hanging on in case he takes the MIN backfield and runs with it. Put a bid in on Henry but he'll go for more than what I bid

WR - Devonta, Metcalf, Thomas starting with Rashee Rice and Rondale Moore on bench.... would cut Rice for King Henry... also put a secondary bid on Garrett Wilson (for Rice) but will probably be outbid

TE - Engram with Chig as emergency/bye week fill

Just picked up Najee and Roschon Johnson off waivers, dumped Toney and Shaheed. Right now planning on 4 RB in the lineup and just 2 WR until I can get a better one. Kyle Pitts on waivers.

QB -- Jones, Cousins
RB -- Mostert, JCook, JGibbs, Brian Robinson, JTaylor (picked up for free),Najee, Roschon Johnson
WR -- Amon, Garrett Wilson, Tutu Atwell, Christian Watson
TE -- Waller

Roster

FA's

Love it. Fields/Warren were bargains. Way to go.

For comparison, in one of my leagues Josh Palmer went for $161. JOSH PALMER. Next highest bid was $75. People are not great at bidding, easier just to sit back and watch them blow their money.
100%.

I'm a little nervous in the one league, but I'm projected to finish 5th from the bottom. This is my 2nd year doing it--but it seems like people like to blow their load early--and either they exit early or they're locked out of serious bids.

Once you get so many weeks in, you're able to start really getting some good values. I also think of the "perfect" or "end game" team. When the elite of the elite guys get chopped, I try to pay what I consider a serious offer as opposed to a value offer. I still don't always win those. But I'm not paying 25% of my FAAB now when I can pay 8% later.

I have consistently been projected to be near the bottom, and so far have been fortunate to have finished near the top each week. I think QB is overrated in super chop since you only have 12 teams to start. I have been alternating Cousins and Daniel Jones. TE is also not much of a concern since this is not TE premium and all the TEs seem pretty bad this year. I just spent $23 to get Waller (next highest bid was $20).

Etienne and Bijan were available this week -- Etienne went for $212 and Bijan for $404. Hurts went for $99 and Thielen went for $67.

I agree with the above, that if your team is decent you should save your money for later. Once down to 5 or 6 teams I'll bid more if a super stud comes out.

Current FAAB $911

QB -- Jones, Cousins
TE -- Waller
I think you're pretty solid. Cousins has been elite QB wise, and I think you ride it until he puts up a dude. I'm pretty sure guillotineleagues don't penalize you for INT's/Fumbles. So if Kirk throws multiple INT's, it doesn't ruin your day.

Cook and Gibbs are a fine 1-2 at RB.

WR: ARSB is elite. Wilson on kind of a never ending train wreck. He's talented enough to not give you zero's, but I'd be looking to replace him. He's someone I'd consider doing the "sabotage drop" with after the next round. Let someone else burn up their FAAB on him and then start him. Zack Wilson aint getting better anytime soon. Watson is a fine #2 if he plays. Tutu has been a good PPR Guy.

TE: Waller hasn't done what we'd hoped so far, but the talent and situation are there. I think better days are ahead. Also TE as a whole is so bad, Waller isn't going to hurt you.

Last edited:

Current FAAB $911

QB -- Jones, Cousins
TE -- Waller
I think you're pretty solid. Cousins has been elite QB wise, and I think you ride it until he puts up a dude. I'm pretty sure guillotineleagues don't penalize you for INT's/Fumbles. So if Kirk throws multiple INT's, it doesn't ruin your day.

Cook and Gibbs are a fine 1-2 at RB.

WR: ARSB is elite. Wilson on kind of a never ending train wreck. He's talented enough to not give you zero's, but I'd be looking to replace him. He's someone I'd consider doing the "sabotage drop" with after the next round. Let someone else burn up their FAAB on him and then start him. Zack Wilson aint getting better anytime soon. Watson is a fine #2 if he plays. Tutu has been a good PPR Guy.

I'd be starting Tutu every week until he proves me wrong.

Still alive...

QB - Jones and Russ, although I am going to throw a little cash at Lamar again this week (the guy who won him last week got cut!)

RB - CMC, Cook and Ford look like my starters moving forward, with Akers hanging on in case he takes the MIN backfield and runs with it. Put a bid in on Henry but he'll go for more than what I bid

WR - Devonta, Metcalf, Thomas starting with Rashee Rice and Rondale Moore on bench.... would cut Rice for King Henry... also put a secondary bid on Garrett Wilson (for Rice) but will probably be outbid

TE - Engram with Chig as emergency/bye week fill
Standard Guillotine league with 15 teams left?

Russ should have a big week vs Chicago.
Your RB's are REALLY good.
WR's also really solid. I'm maybe late, but I'm avoiding G Wilson in this format. Zack Wilson has poisoned the well. He'll have duds on the regular. He's one of the most talented receivers in the league, just doesn't have someone who can get him the ball.
TE also solid. There's 3 or 4 solid guys and everyone else. Engram leads the Jaguars with 18 receptions, and is tied for the team lead with 173 receiving yards. 6 catches for nearly 60 yards a game is good from the TE spot.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to burn through FAAB cash with that squad.

I'm out in my league. Injuries and Tee Higgins killed me.

I will hold strong with my strategy on waiting to spend. I'd rather lose early with money saved than lose late because I spent all of my FAAB. Saving is the only way to win. Spend away if you like just to play along. There are teams in the league that have barely any FAAB left and have no chance of winning. The prices people pay are crazy in the early weeks.

I'd really like to see how a league of 100% experienced guillotine players who know this strategy would bid.

I've been pretty close to getting chopped in 2/3 weeks so far.
Started with 18 teams and Pierce, Kirk, and Dotson have been trouble.
Picked up DJM cheap but he's another guy very capable of a dud in that offense.

QB - Purdy, Howell
RB - Bijan, Pierce, Charb, Gainwell, Dowdle
WR - Waddle, Meyers, Kirk, DJM, Dotson
TE - Freiermuth, Henry

Have been trying to save but still putting in reasonable bids for players that would help and spend a bit more on top tier guys over the first 3 weeks.

Missed the deadline for bidding week 1 but I got DJM for $15 in the 2nd round when he was dropped.

After week 2, I missed on Mahomes by $34 and also missed on DeAndre (went for $63) but picked up Henry (got for $19)

After week 3, I just missed on DaVonta by $44 and Rachaad White by $1. I also missed on LaPorta (went for $100),
Barkley (went for $202), and Lockett (went for $81). I threw a few bucks on Fields for a developmental backup QB but he went for $28.

If I keep floating near the bottom (but survive) I'm going to have to kick up the bidding prices a bit.

Oh boy, JJ just got chopped, how much is too much?
GL bidding data says that last week the average winning bid for him was $663, the minimum winning bid was $400.
The highest bids in our league so far this year have been:
$325 for Tony Pollard in Week 2
$250 for Patrick Mahomes in Week 3
$202 for Saquon Barkley in Week 4
$170 for Davonta Smith in Week 4

Oh boy, JJ just got chopped, how much is too much?
GL bidding data says that last week the average winning bid for him was $663, the minimum winning bid was $400.
The highest bids in our league so far this year have been:
$325 for Tony Pollard in Week 2
$250 for Patrick Mahomes in Week 3
$202 for Saquon Barkley in Week 4
$170 for Davonta Smith in Week 4
If you Need him/want to try to win him, I think you're looking at around 350 as your best shot. But I wouldn't be surprised if someone blows it out for him. I just wouldn't want to be there. Realistically, I'd like to be closer to like 250.

I've been pretty close to getting chopped in 2/3 weeks so far.
Started with 18 teams and Pierce, Kirk, and Dotson have been trouble.
Picked up DJM cheap but he's another guy very capable of a dud in that offense.

QB - Purdy, Howell
RB - Bijan, Pierce, Charb, Gainwell, Dowdle
WR - Waddle, Meyers, Kirk, DJM, Dotson
TE - Freiermuth, Henry

Have been trying to save but still putting in reasonable bids for players that would help and spend a bit more on top tier guys over the first 3 weeks.

Missed the deadline for bidding week 1 but I got DJM for $15 in the 2nd round when he was dropped.

After week 2, I missed on Mahomes by $34 and also missed on DeAndre (went for $63) but picked up Henry (got for $19)

After week 3, I just missed on DaVonta by $44 and Rachaad White by $1. I also missed on LaPorta (went for $100),
Barkley (went for $202), and Lockett (went for $81). I threw a few bucks on Fields for a developmental backup QB but he went for $28.

If I keep floating near the bottom (but survive) I'm going to have to kick up the bidding prices a bit.
It's a really delicate balance. You want to save as much for as long as you can, but you also have to recognize when to spend. No glory in dying rich in guillotine leagues.

I'm out in my league. Injuries and Tee Higgins killed me.

I will hold strong with my strategy on waiting to spend. I'd rather lose early with money saved than lose late because I spent all of my FAAB. Saving is the only way to win. Spend away if you like just to play along. There are teams in the league that have barely any FAAB left and have no chance of winning. The prices people pay are crazy in the early weeks.

I'd really like to see how a league of 100% experienced guillotine players who know this strategy would bid.
It's such a delicate balance. I do think it's reasonable to play the odds that you'll survive without spending much in the 1st 4 weeks.

Early on, your chances of being eliminated are low, even if your team isn't that great. With each passing week, your odds are increasing at a rapid rate. There are fewer teams and other teams are getting better around you.

FAAB is the win condition. You want to save as much for as long as you can. But you also have to identify when you need to spend. And as the season moves along, I feel a lot of pressure to start making some big boy moves to reinforce the team.

League 1: Started at 12 teams, down to 8.

Survived by the skin of my teeth. Solid team, but between injuries and underperformace, I thought I was a goner.

705$/1000$ FAAB left.
RB: Ekeler, Mixon, A Jones, J Cook, R White
WR: D Adams, Chase, Jeudy, Godwin, Nico Collins
TE: Kittle

Free agents:
QB: Mahommes--would be a huge upgrade to Lawrence
RB: ETN--he's nice and probably better than White, but with the current stable of RB's, I'm not paying a ton.
WR: Lamb and Olave both available. Both would be nice additions. Olave coming off a bad week but was smashing before that.
TE: Kelce--kind of feels like 1 of the most elite top end assets.

With 705 left, I don't want to blow it all. But I feel like getting solid bids on Kelce, Mahommes, Olave, Lamb is important. Any bidding tips/suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread