What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guy loses to sister in law because of DeSean Jackson (1 Viewer)

Linus Scrimmage

Footballguy
He emailed ESPN to tell them.

Whole page of emails are posted.

"I'm sure you've been getting nightmare stories from fantasy owners screwed by DeSean Jackson's idiotic celebration on the 1-yard-line, so here's mine. I was playing my sister-in-law this week in the one money league I'm in this year. Going into Monday night, I was down by 26 points. I had Jackson and Nick Folk going in the Monday night game. After getting 14 points out of Folk and 10 points out of Jackson, I lost by two points. Jackson's 'hey, look at me' moment has resulted in a guaranteed five months of ridicule from my brother-in-law for losing to a girl who only played because our league needed one more team to fill it out." -- Eric, Indianapolis
What a tool.http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football...tory?id=3590998

Last edited by a moderator:
An entire :ptts: article. Pretty funny. I am surprised that most of the emails were from DeSean owners. I expected more from people playing Westbrook that lost because he scored an extra TD.

[ :ptts: ]

in my league I lost my game by 5 points because BWestbrook got the TD instead and the guy that had DJaxII lost his game by 4 points

[ :ptts: /]

He emailed ESPN to tell them.

Whole page of emails are posted.

"I'm sure you've been getting nightmare stories from fantasy owners screwed by DeSean Jackson's idiotic celebration on the 1-yard-line, so here's mine. I was playing my sister-in-law this week in the one money league I'm in this year. Going into Monday night, I was down by 26 points. I had Jackson and Nick Folk going in the Monday night game. After getting 14 points out of Folk and 10 points out of Jackson, I lost by two points. Jackson's 'hey, look at me' moment has resulted in a guaranteed five months of ridicule from my brother-in-law for losing to a girl who only played because our league needed one more team to fill it out." -- Eric, Indianapolis
What a tool.http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football...tory?id=3590998
:ptts: eta: damnit.

We probably ought to start a new thread for everyone who has a tragic tale of woe relating to Desean Jackson.

Honestly, after the initial shock of his Himalayan stupidity at the goalline, the truth is that if you have him on your roster you have a big time playmaker in an offense that absolutely can and will get him the ball for big plays. Most of us with WR problems would gladly trade a boneheaded play for that sort of knowledge.

Honestly, after the initial shock of his Himalayan stupidity at the goalline, the truth is that if you have him on your roster you have a big time playmaker in an offense that absolutely can and will get him the ball for big plays. Most of us with WR problems would gladly trade a boneheaded play for that sort of knowledge.
How dare you inject logic into this discussion.

FTFA:

"Thanks for losing my fantasy league game for me DeSean Jackson, you IDIOT! You took 9 points away from McNabb in my league and I lost by 4 ... FYI: You have to pass the goal line to score! Apparently you didn't learn that in high school! You won't be in this league very long doing that." -- chandler2142

UH, but you probably will stick around in this league if you can average 100+yds/game.

Has anyone seen an angle that wasn't behind him or the goal line? I think the ball crossed before he flipped it back, but I only saw the shot from behind the end zone.

I'm surprised so many people were starting him already. I still had him on my bench. (And won, nyah.)
A lot of leagues start 3 WR's, and I think he and McNabb had showed enough during both the preseason and week 1 to get a start as a WR3 for teams in big leagues (12 or more teams).

The fact that so many media-types are protecting him is pathetic. If this was the very first time the kid has screwed up trying to draw attention to himself that would be one thing, but it's not the first time. (Ok, it might be the second, but whatever). If that was Wes Welker in his second game he would have been cut.

The fact that so many media-types are protecting him is pathetic. If this was the very first time the kid has screwed up trying to draw attention to himself that would be one thing, but it's not the first time. (Ok, it might be the second, but whatever). If that was Wes Welker in his second game he would have been cut.
Ok, so what would you recommend as the appropriate response here? Remember, we're limited as the resident Shark Pool lynching party is currently busy with Hoculi, but if you submit an application to the committee you can expect a response in 7-10 days.

Ok, so what would you recommend as the appropriate response here? Remember, we're limited as the resident Shark Pool lynching party is currently busy with Hoculi, but if you submit an application to the committee you can expect a response in 7-10 days.
The appropriate response to what? To his antics? To his being protected? I'm not pissed about this in any way. Seriously. I haven't got him on any of my fantasy teams (actually I'm pissed about that) and I don't root for the Eagles.

The appropriate response to what? To his antics? To his being protected? I'm not pissed about this in any way. Seriously. I haven't got him on any of my fantasy teams (actually I'm pissed about that) and I don't root for the Eagles.
Then I truly don't understand the point of the first post. :wolf:What's there to "protect" anyway. Dude literally tossed away his first NFL TD in an important, early-season divisional game on national TV. He looked like a fool on about as big of a stage as you can imagine. I'd say he's paid his dues on this one through sheer embarrassment, and I'd put money on him not committing this sort of pre-scoring gaffe again (though I'd expect some celebration penalties in his future).

Has anyone seen an angle that wasn't behind him or the goal line? I think the ball crossed before he flipped it back, but I only saw the shot from behind the end zone.
Yes, they showed a second camera angle and it was clear as day...the Buffoon was at least 1/2 yard out of the end zone when he tossed the rock backwards.

Then I truly don't understand the point of the first post. :pickle:What's there to "protect" anyway. Dude literally tossed away his first NFL TD in an important, early-season divisional game on national TV. He looked like a fool on about as big of a stage as you can imagine. I'd say he's paid his dues on this one through sheer embarrassment, and I'd put money on him not committing this sort of pre-scoring gaffe again (though I'd expect some celebration penalties in his future).
Yeah he really learned his lesson when he tried the Reggie Swan Dive into the endzone at the Army All American Game. Good form and everything; problem was he started the dive at the 5 and didn't get in the endzone. It's a good thing he did that early in his career so he didn't screw up in an "important" game.

Users who are viewing this thread