What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guys maybe retiring this year (1 Viewer)

Bettis, but there is a post right around here about that. I think some argued Rod Smith a few weeks ago, but I don't see it.

Jeff Garcia

Jerome Bettis

Rod Smith

Jimmy Smith

Carson Palmer (bet i scared you Bengals fans)

any of these guys hall of famers?
I hadn't heard anywhere that Smith and Smith are considering retirement.....are they?

Do any KC homers know the position of RB Priest Holmes or whether or not he's going to come back next season?I think Brett Favre may be a retiring candidate but we'll see.

I think there's a chance Bryant Young of the 49ers retires. Might be a long-shot Hall of Famer.

Keith Traylor seems to think he won't be a Dolphin next year, but he sounds like he wants to find another team.I think Junior Seau is a pretty likely retirement. I also think it may be the case that David Boston doesn't find a team next year. I'm not sure that would be a retirement, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning: This is strickly rumor. Overheard on a local radio station (milwaukee) this morning that an undisclosed source said that Favre was seen packing and moving from his Green Bay home this week. Feel free to crucify me for this post as there is no solid evidence to back it. The afore mentioned station does weekly interviews with Flannigan and KGB and has never been too far off base. If I didn't have a day job or a life I'd stake out Brett's place to verify but at this time it's not going to happen.....

Jeff Garcia

Jerome Bettis

Rod Smith

Jimmy Smith

Carson Palmer (bet i scared you Bengals fans)

any of these guys hall of famers?
I hadn't heard anywhere that Smith and Smith are considering retirement.....are they?
Don't know about Rod, but last I heard Jimmy was coming back.

Why on earth would you think Rod Smith is retiring?? I may be wrong, but didn't he just make the Pro Bowl this year? Only WR in the AFC West to make the Pro Bowl. No Moss :fro: Bettis will be a Hall of Famer. Rod may be when the time comes. Favre is. Jimmy won't be. Can't believe you put Jeff Garcia in the post. :bag:

Warning: This is strickly rumor. Overheard on a local radio station (milwaukee) this morning that an undisclosed source said that Favre was seen packing and moving from his Green Bay home this week. Feel free to crucify me for this post as there is no solid evidence to back it. The afore mentioned station does weekly interviews with Flannigan and KGB and has never been too far off base. If I didn't have a day job or a life I'd stake out Brett's place to verify but at this time it's not going to happen.....
Good post. I always appreciate it when people in the Shark Pool pass along rumors like this with disclaimers on them just being hearsay. :thumbup: Quick thought though, hasn't Brett always indicated that he'd remain in Green Bay after he retired? Maybe I'm wrong, but if that rumor has any feet to it I wonder if the indication is that he's moving to another team as oppossed to retiring...

:penalty: Homers...verify please. Da, what Milwaukee radio station did you hear this on? :useless:

:penalty: Homers...verify please. Da, what Milwaukee radio station did you hear this on? :useless:
Heard on WKLH at approximately 8:00am on 1/17/06. Sorry I didn't add that in my initial post. :tumbleweed:

I have Bettis in a TD only league. He has now scored 9 TDs in his last 7 games. If he does decide to come back for one more season, I'm going to have to strongly consider keeping him despite his age...

There was an article on the news blogger that stated Jimmy Smith would retire if the Jags released him.

WR J.Smith To Retire If Released?Paul Domowitch, Philadelphia Daily News - [Full Article]Forget the possibility of WR Jimmy Smith playing for the Eagles next season. The soon-to-be-37-year-old receiver said he'll retire if the Jags release him. Smith is scheduled to make $3.52 million next season.
The article is dated Jan. 13th.

Heard on WKLH at approximately 8:00am on 1/17/06. Sorry I didn't add that in my initial post. :tumbleweed:
Does Favre live year round in GB? Or does he spend any of the offseason in Mississippi?Maybe he's just going to spend some time down south. :shrug:

Was it the same station that was rumored to have said that Singletary would be coming in for an interview for the DC job...then it turned out that the Packers had not even contacted the 49ers to talk to him yet?

Was it the same station that was rumored to have said that Singletary would be coming in for an interview for the DC job...then it turned out that the Packers had not even contacted the 49ers to talk to him yet?
Not to my limited knowledge....

love favre..but he shoulda moved away at least 6 years ago...has really done nothing since 2000, if not earlier..he has been hanging on till the bitter end, , just like Dan Marino did during the final 3-4 years of his career...

probably best for the pack to move on,anyhow..they keep bringing him back, and he keeps throwing 40 ints per season...enough already! I wonder if denver woulda gone thru this with elway too, had he not gone out on top like he did..

Dallas languished with Emmitt for a few years before releasing him...

Does Favre live year round in GB? Or does he spend any of the offseason in Mississippi?Maybe he's just going to spend some time down south. :shrug:
It's January in Green Bay, Wisconsin. You have a house on the Gulf coast. What would you do?

Users who are viewing this thread