What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Halfway home pulse - What's your record thru 8 games? (1 Viewer)

6-2. High points in the league overall and 3 weeks so far this year

12 point redraft, non PPR

Stafford

Morris

Moreno

McFadden

AJ Green

Cruz

Antonio Brown

Blackmon

Julius Thomas

Cameron

Succop

Bengal and Titan D's.

14-10 (auction, 12 teams) (1st in points)

5-3 (auction, 12 teams)

4-4 (auction, 12 teams)

3-5 (auction, 12 teams)

7-1 (auction, 14 teams)

5-3 (draft, 12 teams)

2-6 (auction, 12 teams)

3-5 (auction, 12 teams)

2-6 (auction, 12 teams)

Kind of an off year for me, given how successful I was the last two years, but I still have a few teams capable of winning it all, so I can't complain too much. Dwayne Bowe, Trent Richardson, Jason Witten and Chris Johnson are the constants on my teams that have not done well. Conversely, Julius Thomas, Forte, Decker, Charles and Cameron are constants on my teams that have.

Last edited by a moderator:
top dog said:
How do you "take back your league fees" in LeagueSafe? Thought that was the whole point of that setup?
We are all waiting for JOSH MEYER the crook to explain that one to us.

22-2 (multiple match-ups per week), #1 out of 4 (starting rosters of 24 players)

7-1 , 1/8

6-2 , 1/12

5-3 (even w/ Julio and Cobb being my #1 and #2 WRs), 2/10

5-3 , 4/8

4-3-1 , 5/10

3-5 (TRich, SJax, Gronk :( ) 7/10

meyerj31 said:
I'm having a balling year. I don't have a losing record team. That's not gonna last, but still pretty cool.

8-0

8-0

6-2

6-2

5-3

4-4

4-4

4-4

+ 3rd in a total points league (not H2H)
Yet you lack any integrity or accountability. High five.

meyerj31 said:
I'm having a balling year. I don't have a losing record team. That's not gonna last, but still pretty cool.

8-0

8-0

6-2

6-2

5-3

4-4

4-4

4-4

are you a treasurer in any of these leagues as well? have you really paid? thanks you tool for futzin up 11 grown mens fun. frikin idiot

p.s. yer 1 win over .500 in HALF your leagues, yer amateur at best.

I'm 7-1 in most money league. Calvin helps. Need QB help unless Rivers will take me far.

I am intrigued by this meyer character as well. I'm hoping he comes forth with an explanation.

JohnnyU said:
cstu said:
top dog said:
How do you "take back your league fees" in LeagueSafe? Thought that was the whole point of that setup?
We're trying to figure out why LeagueSafe allowed him to do that.
He was initially appointed treasurer of the league, then when there was a commissioner switch, it was suggested the new commish take over the leaguesafe responsibilities, which we did. However, somehow Josh (Meyerj31) was able to get a refund from leaguesafe in early September and he continued managing his team as if nothing had happened. He even went as far as recently trading Calvin Johnson. It amazes as to why he continued to play his team each week. I guess he thought if he won money he would say in the end that the "refund thing" was an accident and appeal to our good conscious to pay him winnings. Regardless, it's a sad turn of events for sure.
Always make sure the League Payment Deadline before your draft....Always. [Prevents any owners from bailing due to a perceived 'bad draft']

That's how I believe he got the refund. There's nothing LeagueSafe could/can do

LeagueSafe: (I don't know if this setting would prevent the commissioner himselffrom withdrawing after League Payment Deadline. Probably a good idea to ask them, if you haven't done so already. If nothing else, bringing up the situation will hopefully prevent future occurences)

Entry fee payments for NFL leagues may not be made after X/XX/2013. To set an earlier payment deadline, activate this feature and set a new date. This date is also the refund deadline for your league members. Refunds requested prior to the Payment Deadline will be honored, no questions asked. After this date, any refund requests must be approved by the league commissioner. Our refund policy is designed to prevent league members who may have a bad draft or an underperforming team from withdrawing their entry fees from the league.

Modifying this setting will automatically distribute an email notification to all league owners.

JohnnyU said:
cstu said:
top dog said:
We're trying to figure out why LeagueSafe allowed him to do that.
He was initially appointed treasurer of the league, then when there was a commissioner switch, it was suggested the new commish take over the leaguesafe responsibilities, which we did. However, somehow Josh (Meyerj31) was able to get a refund from leaguesafe in early September and he continued managing his team as if nothing had happened. He even went as far as recently trading Calvin Johnson. It amazes as to why he continued to play his team each week. I guess he thought if he won money he would say in the end that the "refund thing" was an accident and appeal to our good conscious to pay him winnings. Regardless, it's a sad turn of events for sure.
Always make sure the League Payment Deadline before your draft....Always. [Prevents any owners from bailing due to a perceived 'bad draft']

That's how he got the refund. There's nothing LeagueSafe could/can do

LeagueSafe:

Entry fee payments for NFL leagues may not be made after X/XX/2013. To set an earlier payment deadline, activate this feature and set a new date. This date is also the refund deadline for your league members. Refunds requested prior to the Payment Deadline will be honored, no questions asked. After this date, any refund requests must be approved by the league commissioner. Our refund policy is designed to prevent league members who may have a bad draft or an underperforming team from withdrawing their entry fees from the league.

Modifying this setting will automatically distribute an email notification to all league owners.
Well it makes sense why he wanted to be Treasurer since I'm not sure any of us had used LeagueSafe before and didn't think something like this was possible.

6-2 non ppr scoring leader

Stafford/Dalton

AP/Bush/Woodhead/McGahee/James/Vereen(IR)

Dez/Decker/Hartline/Bowe/Harvin

Camerson/Bostick

Prater/Hauschka

GB/BAL

meyerj31 said:

8-0

8-0

6-2

6-2

5-3

4-4

4-4

4-4

Yeah, JOSH MEYER the crook continues to visit these boards but refuses to address the facts of his crime. He keeps checking th eboards but won't post. What a sorry coward.

4-4 with alternating good/bad scoring weeks. Really liked my team coming out of draft but David Wilson and Hakeem Nicks have really hurt me as has Krapernick. At last Kap is showing signs if turnin it around. looks like going RB early was not the way to go, and my gamble on taking Graham and Gronk a few rss apart didn't pay off. I had to move Graham in a package deal to try and upgrade at WR and RB, netting me AJ Green, TRich and Gates. gamble on TRich hasn't paid off.

8-0

8-0

6-2

6-2

5-3

4-4

4-4

4-4

Yeah, JOSH MEYER the crook continues to visit these boards but refuses to address the facts of his crime. He keeps checking th eboards but won't post. What a sorry coward.
Please post the full story.

6-2

4-4

3-5

Pretty mediocre at this stuff, per usual. Haven't won a title since 2008. Probably not bad given how little effort I put into it.

I think I peaked around 2006 or 2007 - won four titles out of five leagues I was in (that kind of success in the FF playoffs takes a TON of luck, whereas consistently making the playoffs seems to be a truer indicator of expertise). Anyway, it was about a year or two after that my daughter (#2) came along, and I've been coasting ever since.

Three 12 team leagues:

7-1

7-1

5-3

I was 7-0 in my top two leagues until last week, but ran into the buzzsaw that was Megatron. This is the first time in a while I have had some great records...I don't put much stock in the record because there is so much luck with matchups. The question should be "where do you rank in points in your league?"

1st

1st

3rd

Meyer is the type of guy who goes to the bathroom after eating in a diner and jumps out the window to avoid paying the bill.

Meyer is the type of guy who goes to the bathroom after eating in a diner and jumps out the window to avoid paying the bill.
And the guy who steals catchup packets from fast food restaurants and creamer from coffee stations.

8-0

8-0

6-2

6-2

5-3

4-4

4-4

4-4

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=696933&page=1#entry16141393

Cstu, thank you for sharing that link. Even more of an eye opener. This guy's IP address needs to be blocked from this website, but even moreso, he needs to be continually exposed so no one else has to deal with him in an important league of theirs. It is never fun having to deal with people like this. Sorry for going off topic.

8-0

8-0

6-2

6-2

5-3

4-4

4-4

4-4

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=696933&page=1#entry16141393
You FF guys are hardcore man. I'm surprised you don't have a Bruno on retainer for cheats and scoundrels. Great stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread