What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hammer trade (1 Viewer)

mmierop4

Footballguy
Hey folks,

Would love to hear people’s feedback and on this trade offer In dynasty.

12 team super start 10
Receive - Ceedee Lamb
Send - 1.07, Nico Collins, Mike Evans

Starters:
Josh Allen, CJ
Garret Wilson, Puka Nacua, Aiyuk, Pittman
Kincaid, Davis Allen
JT, tyjae

Sleeper- tacos truck 1069308054266585088

Thanks for looking if you do

Hey folks,

Would love to hear people’s feedback and on this trade offer In dynasty.

12 team super start 10
Receive - Ceedee Lamb
Send - 1.07, Nico Collins, Mike Evans

Starters:
Josh Allen, CJ
Garret Wilson, Puka Nacua, Aiyuk, Pittman
Kincaid, Davis Allen
JT, tyjae

Sleeper- tacos truck 1069308054266585088

Thanks for looking if you do
Though I'm not familiar with the format, in my league that's a smash accept. I have Lamb and, if this were offered to me on the other end, I would not even consider it. Disclaimer that my league you start Q RR WW F K D. Which is quite shallow, so "superstar" >>>>> "good".

How many WR's can you start? You are stacked at WR and look to need RB help. I might prefer using WR depth for RB help

I'm out. At 1-07 you can get a top player, maybe Odunze and keep Nico and Evans. At worse it's Bowers who is going to be a Virtual WR and you might get TE premium points. Use those to trade for RB and you will be able to draft one in the 2nd anyway. Tons of RB's this year.

Start 10 so 1qb, 2 wr, 2rb, 1te, 3flex, 1 super.
I don’t have my 2nd round pick this year. No premiums on points but it is ppr.
Figured I’d consolidate to feeder since I can’t start all my receivers.

It is a tough one. I think you might be looking at Brian Thomas with the 1.7 with depth of QB. Matters needs in front of you.
My league with ownership could go Harrison, Nabers, Odzune, Williams, Bowers, Thomas, 2nd QB. So now looking at RB1 or Worthy type. Because you do not need QB.

I think Houston could draft WR in first 2 rounds cutting into Collins value a little. Evans solid but older. You’re missing Lamb or Collins in your starters right now. Evans gives you depth which is always good as having to start Davis Allen is not good. 1.7 almost if kept is looking at RB though.

I know you won’t like this answer. The question is how will you add depth because just takes one injury to derail this team with Davis Allen being top guy off the bench. Means rest of depth is brutal. If you can add depth in the 3rd round as this is deep draft, then Lamb price is more than fair. He is a stud and they are hard to find. If you can’t, I probably stand Pat as injuries happen. Look to trade down from 1.7 as this draft does not fit your needs which is RB or TE. Assume you have no shot at Bowers and while Sanders, Sinnott, Johnson and Stover are interesting, they are not last years class. Could take year or 2. So down to Benson, Corum, Brooks, Wright, Lloyd, Allen as need and then maybe can trade down. Rest of my draft goes QB3, RB1, Franklin, QB4, Worthy, QB5, QB6, Sanders, Coleman, RB2, Mitchell, McConkey, Legette, RB3, Wilson, Polk, RB4, Corley, Rice, RB4, Sinnott, RB5, Walker, Baker, Cowing, Pearsall, RB6, Johnson, Rattler, McMillan,, Stover, RB 7 like Gurrendio, Irving etc. But only you can mock by needs.

Looks like you can start up to 5 WR's so it seems you can start all your WR's. Looking at your starting requirements I don't make this trade as constructed. You are losing too much off your starting team.

1.7 almost if kept is looking at RB though.
I disagree with this. Don't force a RB and I don't think a RB is better than what will still be left at WR for pick 1.07. Never force a position in a rookie draft. Take the BPA that is most likely to turn into a multi year FF starter - regardless of position. Taking a lesser talent because you need that position lessens your chance of actually getting a FF starter level player. It's a crapshoot as it is. Don't hinder those chances even further by forcing a position.

Looks like you can start up to 5 WR's so it seems you can start all your WR's. Looking at your starting requirements I don't make this trade as constructed. You are losing too much off your starting team.

I disagree with this. Don't force a RB and I don't think a RB is better than what will still be left at WR for pick 1.07. Never force a position in a rookie draft. Take the BPA that is most likely to turn into a multi year FF starter - regardless of position. Taking a lesser talent because you need that position lessens your chance of actually getting a FF starter level player. It's a crapshoot as it is. Don't hinder those chances even further by forcing a position.
Who is going to star in year one. What is Quentin Johnson value to Devon Achane who was my #3 drafted RB a year ago after Bijan and Robinson. RBs can come in and play. Even JSN has everyone looking for discount from a year ago. The #1 RB in this class is going to be a better Achane IMO. Just getting out from RB at the right time. But feel they can produce sooner. Johnson was the #3 WR drafted last year. After him was Flowers, Mingo, Rice, Mims, Tillman, Hyatt, Downs before Achane. Feel this year is the same before RB. I know not normal league but mine can do the same 2022 draft I got Hall as top RB at 11. Wilson, Williams, London, Burks, Olave, Watson, Pickens, Dotson all went before him. This is nice WR class but is WR 5-6 really going to outproduce RB#1 in year 1. I am betting against.

Who is going to star in year one. What is Quentin Johnson value to Devon Achane who was my #3 drafted RB a year ago after Bijan and Robinson. RBs can come in and play. Even JSN has everyone looking for discount from a year ago. The #1 RB in this class is going to be a better Achane IMO. Just getting out from RB at the right time. But feel they can produce sooner. Johnson was the #3 WR drafted last year. After him was Flowers, Mingo, Rice, Mims, Tillman, Hyatt, Downs before Achane. Feel this year is the same before RB. I know not normal league but mine can do the same 2022 draft I got Hall as top RB at 11. Wilson, Williams, London, Burks, Olave, Watson, Pickens, Dotson all went before him. This is nice WR class but is WR 5-6 really going to outproduce RB#1 in year 1. I am betting against.
If you hand pick in hindsight then sure take the RB since you already know who the good one is. The entire point I was making is that the rookie draft is a crapshoot. Nobody knows today who is going to be good right now. The best you can do is research and make your best guesses. If you have RB rated higher on your combined draft board than WR4 or WR5 then you should take him. Personally, I don't have any RB rated that high. I want the best chance at a multi year FF starter out of my first round rookie pick. The best chance i have to do that is by taking my highest rated player regardless of position. I am not sayin it will turn out that way but it will be much better than forcing a RB pick that I think is an inferior talent.

How did forcing CEH or Sankey or whatever middling RB do for people that drafted out of need instead of taking the higher rated WR? In those cases it was a detriment to their team.

I am not expecting any player to "star in year one"......especially at pick 1.07. That is a false hope. It happens but it's not something you can bank on. I want a serviceable FF starter out of that pick. Taking the BPA at that spot is the best chance to get that.

If you hand pick in hindsight then sure take the RB since you already know who the good one is. The entire point I was making is that the rookie draft is a crapshoot. Nobody knows today who is going to be good right now. The best you can do is research and make your best guesses. If you have RB rated higher on your combined draft board than WR4 or WR5 then you should take him. Personally, I don't have any RB rated that high. I want the best chance at a multi year FF starter out of my first round rookie pick. The best chance i have to do that is by taking my highest rated player regardless of position. I am not sayin it will turn out that way but it will be much better than forcing a RB pick that I think is an inferior talent.

How did forcing CEH or Sankey or whatever middling RB do for people that drafted out of need instead of taking the higher rated WR? In those cases it was a detriment to their team.

I am not expecting any player to "star in year one"......especially at pick 1.07. That is a false hope. It happens but it's not something you can bank on. I want a serviceable FF starter out of that pick. Taking the BPA at that spot is the best chance to get that.
CEH bad comparison. He was drafted ahead of the #1 WR because going to KC. WRs in my league drafted after him Juedy, Lamb, Ruggs, Jefferson, Reagor, Pittman, Higgins, Aiyuck, Mims, Shenault, Claypool. Sure mid pack is better but that was player 21 and later drafted for 3 nice ones. CEH = Juedy. Crushed by 2 and crushed 2 in top 5. And Taylor was selected right after in this league. He might have been RB1 in many other leagues and has been great pick.

I still think RB1 will be better than Mitchell, McConkey, Coleman, Worthy, Franklin out of the gate and probably has more value after year 1. Maybe not for career but certainly year 1 like Gibbs does over JSN. I rather JSN for career but can get JSN plus right now

CEH bad comparison. He was drafted ahead of the #1 WR because going to KC. WRs in my league drafted after him Juedy, Lamb, Ruggs, Jefferson, Reagor, Pittman, Higgins, Aiyuck, Mims, Shenault, Claypool. Sure mid pack is better but that was player 21 and later drafted for 3 nice ones. CEH = Juedy. Crushed by 2 and crushed 2 in top 5. And Taylor was selected right after in this league. He might have been RB1 in many other leagues and has been great pick.

I still think RB1 will be better than Mitchell, McConkey, Coleman, Worthy, Franklin out of the gate and probably has more value after year 1. Maybe not for career but certainly year 1 like Gibbs does over JSN. I rather JSN for career but can get JSN plus right now
I think are missing my point entirely. If you believe the RB's are better when matched up to those WR's then by all means take your highest rated player. That is the point I am trying to make. Position should be irrelevant. Take the best player available....period.

I think are missing my point entirely. If you believe the RB's are better when matched up to those WR's then by all means take your highest rated player. That is the point I am trying to make. Position should be irrelevant. Take the best player available....period.
Usually you have a tier. Or maybe another pick. In my upcoming draft I know I can let the QB slip and get @ 8. So even though I think Maye/Daniels/McCarthy will outscore Odzune, I will take him at 5 and put pressure on ne t guy for 6 who does not need a QB and than must hope for a trade. I am getting 2 of the 3 QB anyways at 7-8.

I have tiers and if I have need with all equal, I take guy who helps now. I can always trade for that WR in a year and feel starting in 25, the RB has better chance to increase value. But let’s see what the NFL draft brings

It is a tough one. I think you might be looking at Brian Thomas with the 1.7 with depth of QB. Matters needs in front of you.
My league with ownership could go Harrison, Nabers, Odzune, Williams, Bowers, Thomas, 2nd QB. So now looking at RB1 or Worthy type. Because you do not need QB.
I cannot stress this enough, don't draft for need. It doesn't matter if you don't need a QB, you draft the QB if that is the best player available and then trade the QB or trade a different QB. In SF a good starting QB is worth a ton.

1.07 is going to have a GEM in this draft and a good QB may drop. MOREOVER (this is important) - during the draft that 1.07 could get you a TON in a trade back if you don't want the pick. Could get you a 2025 first and a 2024 2nd for example. That is how you build value.

At 1.07 I would be happy to take a guy like Brian Thomas or even Maye or Daniels if they fall.

MHJ, Caleb, Nabers, Rome, Daniels, Maye, Thomas, Bowers are the top 8 in SF with no TEP. You might even be able to swing a deal with the person who has 1.08 to fall back and get a bonus pick thrown in.

I have Lamb and I would definitely entertain the 1.07, Collins and Evans since I really like what I could get at 1.07. Adding another QB would be huge if a top one drops. If not Thomas or Bowers would be fantastic.

If I had 1.07 I would gladly wait for the draft and see what falls to me. OR - package up Collins and the 1.07 and see if you can get into pick 1.04 or 1.05 and see if you can get Nabers or Rome depending how the QBs fall in the NFL draft.

My plan with Evans would be hold him if you are a contender and making a playoff run, if not flip him for picks to a WR needy team.

Also - don't take a RB at 1.07. Lock up the QB/WR/TE whoever falls.

TLDR - right now I think I take the Collins, 1.07 and Evans side as I think I could flip Evans early/mid season for a 2026 first or maybe 2 2025 2nds (something like that) and build value that way. I'd sit pat at 1.07 or use 1.07 and Collins to get to 1.04 if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread