What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Happy “I was wrong about literally everything!” day to those who celebrate. (1 Viewer)

I did everything possible to trade Pittman during the off season but nobody bit.
I moved him for Kwitty Paye, Mooney, & a draft pick

That I spent on Puka Nacua

So that still feels ok.

That said, I didn’t think he’d be that good with ARich.

As an ARich shareholder, I’m happy to see it.

Being in this many leagues can make you crazy :crazy:

Burrow, Chase & Likely

law firm specializing in accident, negligence & personal injury litigation
My first time rostering Chase this year.
Is it always this fun?

could've been worse

Tee Higgins had a goose egg on 8 targets

on the plus side Olave, Addison and Roschon look like they'll return value

my opponent started Love, Ridley & the Dallas DST (40.25 & climbing) so doesn't really matter who I started - optimal lineup would still be (-22)

Last edited:
Picked Herbert and Swift on back to back rounds last week. I felt so good to get them where I got them. Now it looks like I overpaid for them. It’s not even about their performance, but more about the lack of opportunities.

Lot of weirdness in week 1 as there always is - most of the players that pissed me off today I am not overly concerned about moving forward, but having Dobbins in all 3 money leagues and watching him look awesome again, and then poof! It still hurts..

Lot of weirdness in week 1 as there always is - most of the players that pissed me off today I am not overly concerned about moving forward, but having Dobbins in all 3 money leagues and watching him look awesome again, and then poof! It still hurts..
Have him in 4 out of 6 leagues. Ouch & then some. He also would have had two more TDs if not hurt. Ouch again & again.

Same, and seeing how Justice Hill got 2 more TDs was the salt in the wound. Dobbins would prolly had a career day/year. Feel so bad for him.

I was upset for my team in the moment, but now more so for him that the injury could mean his career...

Also had drafted Mark Andrews, Jerry Jeudy, Tyler Lockett, Mike Williams, Jeff Wilson, and Joe Burrow. So more astonished by how week 1 went more than anything. Getting humbled.

Drafted Kelce at 1.04.

Doubled up with Burrow and Higgins.

It's a banner weekend for team Jayrod.
UPDATE!!! (because everyone cares about my team)

Calvin Ridley and Dallas Defense may have pulled this week out in spite of the above. Just don't need Josh Allen to go off tonight.

Hurts and swift. Ouch
I played vs Hurts in 3 leagues and lost all 3, sighs audibly
I had Hurts on my team in 1 league, won my matchup thanks to a MASSIVE bed-crapping from my opponent's lineup (Dak, Najee, Adams, Cooks, Kirk, way under).
I faced Hurts in another, lost that one (Walker, Chase, Deebo, Goedert, Geno on my side). Feels like an opportunity missed

It is always fun to freak out after 1 week but almost every team I played had huge holes in their lineups as well. I am fine in 2 of my 3 leagues but I am going to be the low scorer in my league where I drafted Kelce. I started London, PIerce and Gibson. Not panicking yet but ouch!!!

Started nine offensive players in dynasty and not one scored 12 points, but I won, and projections after tonight's game put me 5th out of 12 in total points.

I celebrate the Dallas Cowboys defense.

Hurts and swift. Ouch
I played vs Hurts in 3 leagues and lost all 3, sighs audibly
I had Hurts on my team in 1 league, won my matchup thanks to a MASSIVE bed-crapping from my opponent's lineup (Dak, Najee, Adams, Cooks, Kirk, way under).
I faced Hurts in another, lost that one (Walker, Chase, Deebo, Goedert, Geno on my side). Feels like an opportunity missed
I faced him & won, largely because it came down to my opponent with a 7.7 point lead+Gano (0) and me with Lamb (11.7) .

Totally flukey win. I’ll take it.

I didn't think Jordan Love would ever be an actual NFL QB. I was wrong. He looked sharp. Made tough throws. He actually took shots down field. Sure that completion percentage was bad, but he actually made NFL QB throws. Well done buddy

Probably not worth starting another thread but Monday after the first slate of games I always remind myself
  1. Once again, Week 1 showed us each year is its own deal. There’s a lot we don’t know until we actually see it, no matter how much we saturate the fantasy market with data & information.
  2. Week 1 is a liar. If Satan is the Father of lies, NFL Week 1 is his favorite nephew and prodigy. What we think we just learned sometimes ends up being a mirage. Situations change, one-off game scripts are not necessarily a harbinger.
Stay nimble.

Next week we’ll learn a bunch of new things and reset. Things we didn’t think were true in fact were. That’s what makes this hobby so fun.

Probably not worth starting another thread but Monday after the first slate of games I always remind myself
  1. Once again, Week 1 showed us each year is its own deal. There’s a lot we don’t know until we actually see it, no matter how much we saturate the fantasy market with data & information.
  2. Week 1 is a liar. If Satan is the Father of lies, NFL Week 1 is his favorite nephew and prodigy. What we think we just learned sometimes ends up being a mirage. Situations change, one-off game scripts are not necessarily a harbinger.
Stay nimble.

Next week we’ll learn a bunch of new things and reset. Things we didn’t think were true in fact were. That’s what makes this hobby so fun.
Yep. I try not to overreact, but also not ignore everything. Historically, I tend to sit on the side lines after week 1 and watch other owners over spend free agent money.

Stay nimble.

Especially with so many big names sitting out the entire preseason anymore, or playing just a handful of snaps. Week 1 is the first game action for some of these guys and a lot of offenses look a little out of sync.

Stay nimble.

Especially with so many big names sitting out the entire preseason anymore, or playing just a handful of snaps. Week 1 is the first game action for some of these guys and a lot of offenses look a little out of sync.

💯

O lines need reps for cohesion. So many offenses are using choice routes and the ball comes out before the receiver makes their break. Might take a minute to get everyone on the same page.

I had Kelce, Andrews, and Dobbins across most of my teams. Started multiple Bengals. I am 0-3 across my leagues and questioning why I even bother doing all the research I do every year. Sounds like a typical end of week 1 situation.

By no means do I think I'm better then anyone at this random hobby we share. Having said that, one thing I have found in my 30 plus years of playing fantasy football is after week 1, owners need to stay the course. Don't drastically alter your conclusions during the off-season after week 1. Stay the course boyz and girls. If u have zero free agent money after week 1 thats a problem. Ha ha

I started London, PIerce and Gibson. Not panicking yet but ouch!!!
As a guy with Pierce in one league & Gibson in 3 others, I am definitely panicking.
I will amend my statement and say I am panicking a bit with Gibson - he is on my bench until further notice. Pierce had a tough match-up. It is not like Singletary did anything to make you fear for him taking over the starting job.

If I was going to base my comments on my teams actual performance I could be here all day. That was a god awful week for the most part. Never had a week that bad without significant bye's being a part of the equation. But most of that stuff is IMO an aberration. Lot's of bad weather, teams using week one like they used to use pre-season, etc,etc.

But these are some things I think I was wrong about and will stay wrong about all year:

Michael Pittman's viability with Richardson. A lot of his catches came on the last drive when the Jags were in prevent but he already had a good game by that point and he came alive in the second half. I thought the only way Pittman would pay off, and he'd be a steal if this happened, was if/when Richardson got hurt and Minshew took over.

Eagles RB rotation. I did not think any RB on the team, when all were healthy, would be a 60% snap guy. That was my first mistake. My second mistake was thinking Gainwell was the third most likely guy I'd peg to be that guy on the team if one existed. I heard the Eagles beat writer predict he'd lead the team in touches but I thought he was predicting injury for Swift. I liked Gainwell coming into the league but I've long since soured on him so just could not think with two RB's who have battled injuries but on a per touch basis have been dynamic that he'd be the main cog. I know Sirianni was already saying they can't give Swift that few touches but just the same this looks like Gainwell is clearly RB1 on this team.

Tony Pollards usage. I don't think I'm going to be wildly off here but I'm going to be off. 16 touches and 37 snaps is close to being on par with my expectations, if not a tad low, but they did not need him and in games they do I think he's going to get more usage then I anticipated. This one is probably TBD but I just think I'm going to be wrong.

Tyler Allgier remaining a viable thing.

The Rams.

ETA-Likely being a smash start if Andrews was out.

I feel like I hit the lotto for this thread in week 1 for one of my dynasty leagues : Burrow (3.18), London (0), Mayer (0), Chig (0), H. Landry (3), Reddick (2). Six total players didn't get to 10 collective points. I'm getting massacred. At least they all did it at once I guess as long as they pick it up soon.

A little? I hope the Bengals miss the playoffs after that ****show. That was a debacle of epic proportions and looked like the results of sheer laziness and indifference.

A little? I hope the Bengals miss the playoffs after that ****show. That was a debacle of epic proportions and looked like the results of sheer laziness and indifference.
I have Higgins on all 3 of my dynasty rosters, and 2 redraft.

Yesterday's 0 was suuuuper fun.

Somehow I won 2/3 dynasty league games, and 1 of the 2 redrafts.

Shockingly terrible though.

The good news is a team like that should come out next week like their heads are on fire. And the Ravens took 2 hits to an already shaky secondary, so there's really no excuse next week.

Michael Pittman's viability with Richardson.
This is a big one, I think. There were a bunch of WRs in the Pittman tier, and many (myself included) put him at the bottom of the tier - or maybe a tier below - due to the Richardson concern factor. We'll see how it progresses, but it seems clear that Richardson not only may turn out to be a credible passer, but is going to lean on Pittman as he develops.

Its only one game but I seem to be wrong about Lamar Jackson and Van Jefferson so far.

Really surprised that Stafford is playing so well but his main targets have been Puka Nacua and Tutu Atwell. This deserves more investigation and I have not seen the game at all. But I am guessing that Jefferson is still being used as their deep threat while Puka and Tutu are getting the more high percentage targets?

There are likely more things than this I am wrong about. But these 2 things stand out to me so far.

I have been right about Ridley, ETN, some layups as like Olave and some land mines like Akers and Michael Thomas.

Fellow LJ owner. Staying the course and not panicking yet. Some rust to shake off from time injured last year plus brand new system, expect an adjusment period and hope the rest of your team can pick up the slack in the meantime. I was fortunte enough Aiyuk went crazy this week.

Fellow LJ owner. Staying the course and not panicking yet. Some rust to shake off from time injured last year plus brand new system, expect an adjusment period and hope the rest of your team can pick up the slack in the meantime. I was fortunte enough Aiyuk went crazy this week.
I have him across 3 redrafts. I think LJax will be fine. Definitely a rust factor. Plus they were able to score on the ground, which generally means why bother passing until they stop you? That all said, now that Dobbins is done (again) I expect more LJax RZ/GL vulturing. He still ran enough to keep me inspired, and against tougher opponents the passing will come. HOU didn't put up much of a reason for Baltimore to air it out, and as I mentioned above, their shaky secondary took two big hits yesterday. That week 2 game against the Bengals has shootout potential.

I've never been a believer in Van Jefferson, though.

I have him across 3 redrafts. I think LJax will be fine. Definitely a rust factor. Plus they were able to score on the ground, which generally means why bother passing until they stop you? That all said, now that Dobbins is done (again) I expect more LJax RZ/GL vulturing. He still ran enough to keep me inspired, and against tougher opponents the passing will come. HOU didn't put up much of a reason for Baltimore to air it out, and as I mentioned above, their shaky secondary took two big hits yesterday. That week 2 game against the Bengals has shootout potential.

I've never been a believer in Van Jefferson, though.

Also no Andrews, I forgot the elephant in the room lol.

I didn't think Jordan Love would ever be an actual NFL QB. I was wrong. He looked sharp. Made tough throws. He actually took shots down field. Sure that completion percentage was bad, but he actually made NFL QB throws. Well done buddy
Bears suck. Let's see what Love can do against a real NFL defense.

Started a “I drafted __________ & __________&________&__________ instead of Puka” thread for the rest of my league, although I obviously started Tee instead of Puka.

I drafted Kelce and Tee Higgins in the first two rounds of the 18-person guillotine league that I run. Needless to say, I'm in trouble. I need James Cook to outscore Aaron Rodgers by roughly 16 points in order to avoid being the first team eliminated. I'm cooked (no pun intended).

In another league, I managed to lose to a team that started Daniel Jones AND Saquon Barkley. Not only lose, that team will likely double my score. Losing roughly 90-50, and he still has Wilson tonight.

I managed a whopping 3.5 points from Burrow, Higgins, Kirk, and PK Gano. Ouch.

Users who are viewing this thread