What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Harrison will not be a top 5 WR this year (1 Viewer)

Its pretty meaningless. if he is very productive, he was still worth a high pick.

who is ahead of him?

mccardell?

steve smith?

the fact that his #s are predicitable, safe, and he stays healthy is enough for me to look the other way if he finishes 8th
If Moss, Owens, Chad Johnson and Torry Holt finish ahead of him, it wasnt worth the pick unless the final stats are really close.
yea but i had all those wrs ahead of him to begin with. i had harrison safer than walker, wayne, ...

Well, there's a lot of guys who aren't going to finish top 5:Like Javon Walker, Darrell Jackson, Andre Johnson, Michael Clayton, Nate Burleson, Reggie Wayne, Joe Horn, and Roy Williams.All Wr's projected way inside top 20 with a chance to breakout into the top 5.To me, the question is never who's not going to make top 5...........it's who is going to make top 5. It's easy to say someone won't win.For example.......Houston won't win the SB this year. The question is........who is, that's where you make your money.

Well, there's a lot of guys who aren't going to finish top 5:

Like Javon Walker, Darrell Jackson, Andre Johnson, Michael Clayton, Nate Burleson, Reggie Wayne, Joe Horn, and Roy Williams.

All Wr's projected way inside top 20 with a chance to breakout into the top 5.

To me, the question is never who's not going to make top 5...........it's who is going to make top 5. It's easy to say someone won't win.

For example.......Houston won't win the SB this year. The question is........who is, that's where you make your money.
Most of the guys you've listed have missed significant time to injury. Harrison hasn't missed any time, and still may not be top 5, despite some very good WRs being out. If he doesn't end up top 5, whoever drafted him definately did NOT get good value.

Like Javon Walker, Darrell Jackson, Andre Johnson, Michael Clayton, Nate Burleson, Reggie Wayne, Joe Horn, and Roy Williams.

To me, the question is never who's not going to make top 5...........it's who is going to make top 5. It's easy to say someone won't win.

For example.......Houston won't win the SB this year. The question is........who is, that's where you make your money.
Those guys weren't projected top five (maybe Walker)-they were projected top TWENTY with the POTENTIAL to become top five. Harrison was predicted top five with the potential for more.

Really? So there are more the 5 WR's in the league?No wonder the other owners in my 3.5 team free/money re-keep-asty league were not concerned when I went WR, WR, WR at the draft.

To me, the question is never who's not going to make top 5...........it's who is going to make top 5.  It's easy to say someone won't win.

For example.......Houston won't win the SB this year.  The question is........who is, that's where you make your money.
Most of the guys you've listed have missed significant time to injury. Harrison hasn't missed any time, and still may not be top 5, despite some very good WRs being out. If he doesn't end up top 5, whoever drafted him definately did NOT get good value.
:goodposting: Even with significant injuries/suspensions to many of the top WRs, Harrison is still going to miss being in the top 5.

im showing harrison as #8 in standard leagues and #7 in PPR leagues. I would think most everyone that drafted him is happy with that - lets also remember that the indy passing game was in neutral for the first part of the year - I think Harrison still has a shot to crack that top 5 - he looked like his typical first ballot hall of fame self on monday night.Harrison = :thumbup:

1. Smith, Steve CAR WR 120 2. Owens, Terrell PHI WR 863. Moss, Santana WAS WR 814. Galloway, Joey TBB WR 78 5. Johnson, Chad CIN WR 73 6. Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR 69 7. Harrison, Marvin IND WR 69 In my league Marvin is tied for #6 right now. Actually 5th in PPG if you factor in CJ has not had a bye yet. Throw out Owens and he's really 4th.

Last edited by a moderator:
im showing harrison as #8 in standard leagues and #7 in PPR leagues. I would think most everyone that drafted him is happy with that - lets also remember that the indy passing game was in neutral for the first part of the year - I think Harrison still has a shot to crack that top 5 - he looked like his typical first ballot hall of fame self on monday night.

Harrison = :thumbup:
I am not a Harrison owner, but Imust say they still don't look at him enough.

im showing harrison as #8 in standard leagues and #7 in PPR leagues. I would think most everyone that drafted him is happy with that - lets also remember that the indy passing game was in neutral for the first part of the year - I think Harrison still has a shot to crack that top 5 - he looked like his typical first ballot hall of fame self on monday night.

thats makes his top 10 standing thus far that much more impressive.folks, harrison is still one of the best 5 WRs in the game (real NFL terms, not fantasy, where other factors affect rank than pure game play). dont let age cloud your judgment, just watch the guy play. You could teach WR 101 based on the tape of his career, and he's still just as good as ever.

thats makes his top 10 standing thus far that much more impressive.folks, harrison is still one of the best 5 WRs in the game (real NFL terms, not fantasy, where other factors affect rank than pure game play). dont let age cloud your judgment, just watch the guy play. You could teach WR 101 based on the tape of his career, and he's still just as good as ever.
Even more impressive is that he is playing with a cast on his arm. The dude has skills and is as solid as they come.

Traded for him early in the season in my dynasty league the game before the Colts started throwing often again. Bah dah bah bah, I'm lovin' it!

Closest call of the year...I tried to trade Harrison after his first solid game way back when, and then again three weeks ago thinking that the Colts would all be sitting right now. Thank God the guy passed. Just so you can lambast me, here was the offerI was supposed to give...HarrisonB. Jones (he wasn't out then)Gado (plus the rights to Holmes for next year which are connected to Gado)I was supposed to get...Ricky WilliamsJ. GallowayD. JacksonWhat the heck was I thinking?!!?!?

Closest call of the year...I tried to trade Harrison after his first solid game way back when, and then again three weeks ago thinking that the Colts would all be sitting right now. Thank God the guy passed. Just so you can lambast me, here was the offer

I was supposed to give...

Harrison

B. Jones (he wasn't out then)

Gado (plus the rights to Holmes for next year which are connected to Gado)

I was supposed to get...

Ricky Williams

J. Galloway

D. Jackson

What the heck was I thinking?!!?!?
I got harrison at his low point. I traded #85 for harrison. Of course, the other guy threw in someone named Steven Jackson to even the trade out. After all, you get bonus points for riverdancing in my league.

I later turned SJax into Peyton manning. Let's just say this weekends game v. Jax was SWEET!! :popcorn:

Closest call of the year...I tried to trade Harrison after his first solid game way back when, and then again three weeks ago thinking that the Colts would all be sitting right now.  Thank God the guy passed.  Just so you can lambast me, here was the offer

I was supposed to give...

Harrison

B. Jones (he wasn't out then)

Gado (plus the rights to Holmes for next year which are connected to Gado)

I was supposed to get...

Ricky Williams

J. Galloway

D. Jackson

What the heck was I thinking?!!?!?
I got harrison at his low point. I traded #85 for harrison. Of course, the other guy threw in someone named Steven Jackson to even the trade out. After all, you get bonus points for riverdancing in my league.

I later turned SJax into Peyton manning. Let's just say this weekends game v. Jax was SWEET!! :popcorn:
After McNabb went down, I traded him and Chester Taylor to the Manning owner who was out of the playoffs. Doubling up the points on Manning and Harrison resulted in me coming from behind and getting the high point score in my dynasty league.Of course, I'll probably be disappointed when both of them get pulled in the 1st quarter going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread