What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hawk Soars.... (1 Viewer)

jgb95

Footballguy
Hawk soars at pro day... We have an unconfirmed report that Ohio State LB A.J. Hawk ran in the 4.4s at the Buckeyes' on-campus workout earlier today; indeed, one team reportedly had Hawk clocked at 4.38 in one 40 attempt. If true, that represents a significant improvement over Hawk's 40 time at the Combine when he timed in at just under 4.6 seconds. More to come.

http://www.gbnreport.com/index.htm

Hawk soars at pro day... We have an unconfirmed report that Ohio State LB A.J. Hawk ran in the 4.4s at the Buckeyes' on-campus workout earlier today; indeed, one team reportedly had Hawk clocked at 4.38 in one 40 attempt. If true, that represents a significant improvement over Hawk's 40 time at the Combine when he timed in at just under 4.6 seconds. More to come.

Just give me the :pics: of his sister and shaddup up about AJ.

Can I get a copy of this pic?(Who is his sister?)

It has to be Hawk over Mario Wiliams for Green Bay doesn't it? I know Williams had a good workout, but Hawk just seems like much more of a sure thing.

It has to be Hawk over Mario Wiliams for Green Bay doesn't it? I know Williams had a good workout, but Hawk just seems like much more of a sure thing.
I'd be pleased with either one of these guys.

I think you mean AJ's GIRLFRIEND and Brady Quinn's sister..

Well maybe not as GB might be able to get a nice LB in the 2nd!DE's like MW are tuff to find and would be nice opposite Kampman and KGB.

KGB on passing downs and AK on running down as long as they don't pay him to much!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well maybe not as GB might be able to get a nice LB in the 2nd!DE's like MW are tuff to find and would be nice opposite Kampman and KGB.

KGB on passing downs and AK on running down as long as they don't pay him to much!!!
they could grab Mario Williams in the first and land Thomas Howard, Abdul Hodge or D'Qwell Jackson in the 2nd

Last edited by a moderator:
If the Pack passes on AJ Hawk it will be very reminescent of their 1989 draft. That year they picked second and Detroit picked third. Detroit got Barry Sanders and Green Bay got Tony Mandarich. As a Lion fan I would love to see Hawk fall to #9 but I don't believe that has a chance in hades of happening.

they could grab Mario Williams in the first and land Thomas Howard, Abdul Hodge or D'Qwell Jackson in the 2nd
This would be my preference.

This would be my preference.
For right now, I agree. Although I'll be happy with either Hawk or Mario, I think I'd rather see them go Mario since their is some LB depth this year and they could still land a nice one in the 2nd. I do think Hawk is the safer pick though.

Williams is the best prospect in the draft. If the players that are projected to go before him didn't play for National championship teams, he'd go first.

Does anyone KNOW if the 40 times were electronic or hand held at the OSU pro day? I have seen the implication on another board (premium that I can't link to) that they were hand held. I find it a little hard to believe that OSU wouldn't have the facilities to do electronic times.

Why do guys even run at the combine anymore? One of the benefits of the combine is seeing the players on neutral/common ground.

Why do guys even run at the combine anymore? One of the benefits of the combine is seeing the players on neutral/common ground.
Exposure to the greater decision makers of all 32 teams, vs a handful of lesser scouts and not all teams at a pro-day.

Exposure to the greater decision makers of all 32 teams, vs a handful of lesser scouts and not all teams at a pro-day.
I guarantee you that all 32 teams had reps at OSU pro day.

Why do they even have Pro Days? I'd like to see the combine a necessary component of being drafted in the NFL.

Users who are viewing this thread