What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HBO MAX Info and News (1 Viewer)

DJackson10

Footballguy
Ok figured I'd create this similar to what I did for Disney Plus. I already signed up do to some of the content on it. Right now sign up before going live get HBO Max for $11.99 for 12 months rather then $14.99 for the first year. Cancel at anytime. HBOMAX web sign up

Per Wiki 

HBO Max is an American subscription video on demand streaming service from WarnerMedia Entertainment, a division of AT&T's WarnerMedia. The service launched on May 27, 2020.

HBO Max is built around WarnerMedia's HBO premium TV service and will include all of its programming, as well as a range of additional original programming and library content from all parts of WarnerMedia, as well as third-party content providers which WarnerMedia bought the streaming rights for.

WarnerMedia indicated that the service would have 10,000 hours of content at-launch, including first-run and library content from the namesake HBO (including its original series, documentaries, and specials), and content from the company's other brands and networks (including New Line Cinema, DC Entertainment, TBS, TNT, TruTV, CNN, Cartoon Network, The CW, Turner Classic Movies, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, and Adult Swim).[10][11][12] WarnerMedia stated that the service would have over 2,000 films available at-launch, including HBO's existing pay television rights (sourced from studios including sister company Warner Bros. Pictures, Universal Pictures and 20th Century), and other library films.[11][13] As with HBO's existing streaming platforms, HBO Goand HBO Now (but as opposed to its platforms on Apple TV Channels and Amazon Video Channels), HBO Max is not expected to include feeds of HBO's linear cable channels,[14] nor is it expected to include any content (including original programming) from Cinemax, which will concurrently wind down its original programming efforts as WarnerMedia reallocates its programming investments towards HBO Max. (Cinemax shares its film content with the linear HBO channel and, as such, film content featured on both pay services will be provided to HBO Max via HBO's existing contracts with its film content distributors.)[15] AT&T chairman and CEO Randall L. Stephenson has not ruled out adding live content from Turner Sports in the future (such as the NBA on TNT, Major League Baseball on TBS, and NCAA March Madness).[16]

Original content will be produced under the banner Max Originals, including series, films, and specials. Original episodic content will be released weekly, eschewing the "binge" format made popular by Netflix. Kevin Reilly stated this was to ensure that originals would remain in the spotlight for extended periods, by letting said shows "breathe" as opposed to "fading quickly after a binge and burn". He also noted that the weekly schedule helped to drive the success of past HBO shows like Succession and Chernobyl, and became hits precisely due to their staying power.[17] On February 5, 2020, Warner Bros. announced that it would form a new label known as Warner Max to produce 8 to 10 mid-budget films for the service annually.[18] A slate of 31 original series were planned for its first year, with plans to expand to 50 for its next year, but production timelines may have been interrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic.[11] HBO Max will also have podcasts about the films and TV series on the service.[19]

New Warner Bros. Television-produced series that have premiered on The CW since the 2019–20 season (beginning with Batwoman and Katy Keene) will have their past seasons placed on HBO Max a month before the newest season premieres on TV (streaming rights to existing series remains with Netflix under an existing deal).[5][5] On July 9, 2019, HBO Max acquired the U.S. streaming rights to Friends in a $425 million deal,[5][11] and on September 17, 2019, acquired the U.S. streaming rights to The Big Bang Theory, as part of a deal that also extends TBS's off-network rights to the series through 2028.[20]

Outside of WarnerMedia, the service will also offer titles from The Criterion Collection,[21] and has a long-term partnership with BBC Studios (which HBO had previously partnered with to create His Dark Materials). Over 700 episodes of BBC content are slated to be available on the service at launch, including the first 11 seasons of the 2005 Doctor Who revival, as well as future seasons twelve through fourteen, and a variety of other shows including The Honourable Woman, Luther, Top Gear, and the original British version of The Office. Additionally, future shows by BBC Studios will be co-produced with HBO Max.[22] HBO also extended their existing partnership with Sesame Workshop, while moving said content to the front of the HBO Max brand. All fifty seasons of Sesame Street (dating back to 1969) will be available to stream on the service for the first time ever.[23] Additionally, future seasons of Sesame Street will stream exclusively on HBO Max, alongside Esme & Roy, and several new spin-offs starting with The Not-Too-Late Show with Elmo, Mecha Builders, and The Monster at the End of This Story.[24]

The service will also feature many hubs for animated programming, drawing largely from the libraries of Warner Bros. Animation (including the Looney Tunes franchise and Hanna-Barberaproductions) and Cartoon Network, along with Adult Swim. Original animated series (including the Adventure Time epilogue specials Adventure Time: Distant Lands, Jellystone!, Looney Tunes Cartoons, a continuation of Infinity Train and Summer Camp Island, and a reboot of The Boondocks) for both network sections were also announced for HBO Max,[25][26][11] and the service beat out competitors to acquire exclusive domestic streaming rights to South Park and its next three seasons, in a shared deal with Comedy Central for $500 million (with new episodes being added 24 hours after their premiere on Comedy Central).[27] Crunchyroll will provide a growing selection of anime content for the service, starting with 17 anime. Such of these include shows like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Kill la Kill, Berserk, Your Lie in April, Re:Zero − Starting Life in Another World, Rurouni Kenshin, and the internally produced In/Spectre. In addition, Death Note and Hunter × Hunter will be on the platform with in the first year of the service.[28] The service will also be the first U.S. service to hold streaming rights to the films of Japanese animation studio Studio Ghibli, via its North American distributor GKIDS. Studio Ghibli films such as Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle, Ponyo, Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbor Totoro and more will be on the service at launch.[29][30] Fellow Otter Media company Rooster Teeth will also contribute content, with season two of Gen:Lock to be a timed exclusive for HBO Max.[31]

United States

Existing HBO subscribers on AT&T-owned platforms (including AT&T TV, DirecTV, U-verse, and AT&T Mobility) will receive HBO Max on-launch at no additional charge.[32][33] AT&T customers who are subscribed to their highest-tiered internet, TV and wireless plans will also receive HBO Max for free, while those on lower-tiered plans will get a free trial ranging from one month to one year.[34] If billed by HBO, existing HBO Now subscribers will also be migrated to HBO Max on-launch at no additional charge (both services share the same price point). For those who pay for the service via third-party partners (such as via Apple or Roku), the migration will be subject to negotiations agreements with the partners.[14] On April 27, 2020, an agreement was announced for HBO Now subscribers via Apple (both in-app subscriptions and Apple TV Channels) to be migrated to HBO Max. Content from HBO Max will be listed in the Apple TV app along with there being a dedicated HBO Max hub in the app.[35][36] On May 13, 2020, John Stankey, CEO of AT&T, revealed to Variety that Amazon is very unlikely to become a launch partner for HBO Max.[37]

WarnerMedia is negotiating with other pay TV providers for similar arrangements.[38] On February 20, 2020, WarnerMedia announced a distribution deal with YouTube TV that would allow members to add HBO and Cinemax, while also being able to include HBO Max as an add-on.[39] On April 15, 2020, WarnerMedia announced a similar deal with Charter Spectrum (which acquired Warner's former cable division that was spun off in 2009, in May 2016) to give access to HBO Max for HBO subscribers via their TV Everywhere credentials.[40] A similar agreement was announced with Hulu on May 1 for most existing subscribers via Hulu + Live TV, as well as being available as an add-on to all other plans on the service.[41]

There are plans for HBO Max to introduce an ad-supported tier by 2021.[42]

International

See also: HBO (international)

Localized versions of HBO Max are scheduled to launch in 2021 in Latin America and the parts of Europe where HBO already directly operates premium TV or streaming services.[43] In the interim, at least some HBO Max original programs will be available on HBO's existing international platforms, also including HBO Asia.[44][45] In other countries, WarnerMedia says it plans to continue working with HBO's existing licensing partners for the time being.[46]

In Canada, Bell Media, which carries HBO programming on its Crave streaming service and related pay TV channels, announced an expanded partnership with WarnerMedia for rights to HBO Max-commissioned scripted programming produced by Warner Bros. and its subsidiaries. The deal does not automatically include rights to HBO Max series produced by third-party studios, or library streaming rights for shows like Friends, which remains with Netflix in Canada.[47]

WarnerMedia also renewed its output deal with European satellite TV provider Sky (now owned by rival Comcast) in the latter's core markets including the United Kingdom, Germany, Austria, the Republic of Ireland and Italy. Sky will continue to carry the main HBO service's programming on its channels including Sky Atlantic, Sky Crime and Sky Comedy through at least 2024, and extended its rights to various programming from Warner Bros. and the former Turner channels. Sky's most recent renewal includes a provision for co-productions between HBO Max and Sky Studios, but there has been no specific confirmation about broadcast rights to other HBO Max original programming.[48]

In Australia, WarnerMedia has renewed its output deal with pay television company Foxtel to provide HBO content to its cable and satellite services, as well as its Binge streaming service(previously codenamed "Project Ares") launched on May 25, 2020, which is also expected to feature content from the wider HBO Max library such as Cartoon Network.[49]

HBO's other international partners such as Disney+ Hotstar (India), OCS (France) and Sky New Zealand have not yet announced whether they will also carry Max Originals programs.

Will probably cancel HBO thru DirecTV and sign up for this. $11.99 a month is cheaper than HBO itself and you get more content than HBO alone.

If you have hbo now or go or whatever it is do you get the same content plus more with this? Why does one company need so many apps. 

Capella said:
If you have hbo now or go or whatever it is do you get the same content plus more with this? Why does one company need so many apps. 
I could be wrong but I think Max is replacing them all?

I could be wrong but I think Max is replacing them all?
I think this is correct.

HBO Go = people who have cable service and HBO use this app

HBO Now = Straight up HBO subscription used via HBO Now app on Roku, iPhone, etc (me)

HBO Max = Replacing both of the above (short term caveat is the Max app is not available yet on all platforms)

On top of the above, I think HBO is throwing more more in on content, new shows and all that with the rollout of Max. 

Got this email. HBO NOW subscriber. 

Start streaming HBO Max tomorrow.

Counting down to HBO Max

Tomorrow, your HBO NOW app will automatically update to the HBO Max app on supported devices. (Please make sure your auto app updates are turned on.)

You shouldn’t need to sign in. But if you do, sign in using your HBO NOW email and password. You will be prompted with ‘Access All of HBO Max’ or ‘Access HBO Only’ — to experience all of HBO Max, select ‘Access All of HBO Max.’

You’ll be able to keep streaming HBO titles, and also get access to all of HBO Max for no extra cost. And you can still stream HBO by logging into your account on HBONOW.com.

It's almost here — 10,000+ hours of entertainment, curated just for you. Tomorrow, your HBO experience will be delivered by WarnerMedia's brand new platform, HBO Max.

I think this is correct.

HBO Go = people who have cable service and HBO use this app

HBO Now = Straight up HBO subscription used via HBO Now app on Roku, iPhone, etc (me)

HBO Max = Replacing both of the above (short term caveat is the Max app is not available yet on all platforms)

On top of the above, I think HBO is throwing more more in on content, new shows and all that with the rollout of Max. 
HBO NOW= The Cord Cutters 

Logged in on my Sony TV with Android. Directv subscriber.

Doesnt seem like a ton things different but I haven't looked too deep into HBO go.  Some original content including the new Looney Tunes. They have "hubs" for DC, TCM, Adult Swim and a few others. Seems to be organized well.

need2know said:
I already pay for hbo through Amazon.  Why would I want this service
I’m asking the same question. I think I pay $15/mo, so Max is a bit cheaper. It’s hard to decipher how the content will be any different. I have noticed the past several months it’s seemed there is almost no new content on HBO. 

I tried through my Firestick this morning. No app I heard that HBO Now was supposed to automatically update.

I then  tried through my Iphone app, but it couldn't verify my Directv HBO subscription. Good job.

I tried through my Firestick this morning. No app I heard that HBO Now was supposed to automatically update.

I then  tried through my Iphone app, but it couldn't verify my Directv HBO subscription. Good job.
Good lord. My HBO Now app updated to HBO Max on my iPhone. Now I can't watch anything. I guess it's time to cancel HBO and pirate the rest of Deadwood through Cinema.

I’m asking the same question. I think I pay $15/mo, so Max is a bit cheaper. It’s hard to decipher how the content will be any different. I have noticed the past several months it’s seemed there is almost no new content on HBO. 

yup.  maybe 1-2 new movies a month we care about.  I love alot of the shows though.  going through sopranos again right now.  but now that westworld and larry david is over I doubt Im going to watch much HBO

Just got an email from my cable provider (optimum) which told me I get this at no added cost. 

Lot it’s insane. I can watch it on my tiny iPhone but nowhere else. Amazing. 
Yeah can watch on my phone through my cable provider but can't watch on my cable provider :lol:

But they are pimping the peacock app!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh?

So confusing and so dumb.  I already pay for HBO through Directv.  How do I get to Max, only through my computer?
You have to sign into your HBO Now and cancel your HBO Go, then you will get a prompt to sign up for HBO Max, where you then will receive a call from a guy named Max who will tell you to go back to your HBO Now and just watch that. Enjoy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke to a customer rep and their tech dept for 2 hours today and they couldn't fix the issue. Apparently some customers can't get their apps to recognize their subscription even though their system shows that you have it.  It got elevated to another level and we'll say. Personally, I don't really care about it now, but I don't want to start over with tech support at a later point.

i was walking in the park by my house and a max hbo on my shoe from a dog i hate getting max huge blow outs of dog crap on my shoe but hey thats life in the big city take that to the bank bromigos 

This sounds like a disaster. Haven't even tried to login at all. I'll wait for things to get sorted out first. 

The HBO Now on my PS4 automatically transformed into HBO Max and the all the new collections of stuff is really cool. Lots of animation too.

Gonna try it out on the Xbox1 tonight - wish me luck.   

IF it works, I might actually drop the Criterion channel.  Seems like there is quite a few on there, and I can go back to supplementing through the library.  

There is a Turner Classic Movies tab on the app. Fun stuff in there. Some great old cheesy horror flicks too.
It showed up on my Apple TV finally. Just watched once upon a time in the west. Fun to watch all the sets but not as good as I thought it would be. 

My HBO GO app didn't update so I downloaded the Max one manually and got signed in with my cable sub. 

Very strange to be scrolling through a catalog of movies and HBO dramas and then just below see a big icon advertising the ability to stream The Fresh Prince of Bel Air. 

Sweet...looks like AT&T TV NOW customers have it free of charge...

Welcome to HBO Max, a new streaming app that gives you a new way to stream everything on HBO® together with even more movies and shows, plus new Max Originals. And the best part is, you can start watching HBO Max right now at no extra charge.

Download the app and sign in with your AT&T TV NOW User ID and Password to start streaming today!
But as others have mentioned, does it have extra stuff I wasn't getting before with "regular" HBO?  :confused:

I was surprised at the amount of stuff on there.  Not 100% apples to apples, but IMO >>>>>>>>>> Disney +.   I am guessing by the end of the night I'll have 50-75 things loaded in the queue.  

Users who are viewing this thread