What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HBO MAX Info and News (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice said:
I was surprised at the amount of stuff on there.  Not 100% apples to apples, but IMO >>>>>>>>>> Disney +.   I am guessing by the end of the night I'll have 50-75 things loaded in the queue.  
Disney+ is definitely lowest on my list. That and Apple TV. The only time I watch Disney+ is if I want to rewatch a movie and that’s rare at this point. My boys don’t watch it much outside of finishing Clone Wars. Mandalorian was just Ok to me. Apple TV is free for a year so I should check it out but I’ve never even seen or heard of anything that is a must watch. I get HBO Max for free (AT&T cell plan) and Prime as well. I’ll cancel Apple TV in December but I might keep Disney since Netflix will lose a bunch soon.

How to sideload HBO Max onto your Firestick. I tried it and it works. Found similar instructions on YouTube, but here's an article that walks you through it:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techhive.com/article/3546238/how-cord-cutters-can-get-hbo-max-on-fire-tv.amp.html
Nice. I found some good stuff on using your laptop to clone Firesticks. It’s a pain to get all the apps on each and every one. I’ve got a bunch, one for each TV. We’ve got too many but we’ve got a playroom, 3rd floor, family room and a screened porch in addition to bedrooms. The Firestick is a great way to have TV anywhere without having all the Dish boxes, which I need to turn off. Taken too long to ween everyone off but this will help.

Agree, not even close if one is looking for movies 
Looking at the list of shows people are watching in the other threads, I am not sure how close it is in that department either.  I guess volume-wise, but I am rarely disappointed in the quality of a show that HBO puts out.  

Looking at the list of shows people are watching in the other threads, I am not sure how close it is in that department either.  I guess volume-wise, but I am rarely disappointed in the quality of a show that HBO puts out.  
I didn’t even look at the shows yet but no doubt HBO owns the upper tier of TV.

You can cast from the app to Chromecast if you have one of those. 

Got a 30 day trial when I purchased Doctor Sleep 4k (there's other titles too) from Best Buy. Was able to watch all of Westworld Season 3 for free. Can't beat that deal.

Will try and catch up on the last two seasons of Dr. Who before I cancel it. There's a couple movies I hope to get to too, but I'm not paying $15/month for it.

How to sideload HBO Max onto your Firestick. I tried it and it works. Found similar instructions on YouTube, but here's an article that walks you through it:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techhive.com/article/3546238/how-cord-cutters-can-get-hbo-max-on-fire-tv.amp.html
Right.  Step #1 with firesticks is to learn how to install APK files because you won't find jack in the Amazon store.

Step #2 is to load the Cinema APK so you don't have to worry about HBO Max or any of the other pay services.

There are so many collections that I want to get started on, it's overwhelming.
Maybe I begin with Dr. Who; I've never seen a single second of that show but I hear great things.

Well that sucked. Tried it on a Firestick (non-4K) and a Fire TV Cube and while I got it all installed, the app didn’t work at all. The remote did nothing and I’ve got HBO Go and that works fine. I restarted the Fire TV and still nothing on the remote works on either. I supposedly downloaded the latest app. I’ll google and see if I can get it to work but not good so far.

HBO wasn't readily clear on this but I signed up for the discounted version deal for 12months with a different email only to find out I was upgraded to HBO Max thanks to my HBO Now subscription. SO I just canceled my HBOMAX On the account I just made. Gonna wait for the month to run out and re sub on my old account. HBO was not clear on this in the beginning but I do not have to pay extra for HBOMAX 

This isn't political or some gun post but more of an FYI post

HBO in the New Looney Tunes has taken away Uncle Elmer Fud's Rifle. He'll be now chasing the lovable Bugs Bunny around with...........................................

A SCYTHE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

HBO has said this is do to all the gun violence over the last few yrs but don't worry there's plenty of ACME explosives still there and the skit between the two has not changed 

This isn't political or some gun post but more of an FYI post

HBO in the New Looney Tunes has taken away Uncle Elmer Fud's Rifle. He'll be now chasing the lovable Bugs Bunny around with...........................................

A SCYTHE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

HBO has said this is do to all the gun violence over the last few yrs but don't worry there's plenty of ACME explosives still there and the skit between the two has not changed 
The New Looney Tunes aren't terrible.  The animation and writing is a step above the post-Mel Blanc cartoons from the 90s and 00s.

The New Looney Tunes aren't terrible.  The animation and writing is a step above the post-Mel Blanc cartoons from the 90s and 00s.
Yeah never said it was terrible just putting an FYI out incase anyone was wondering why this was changed 

Well that sucked. Tried it on a Firestick (non-4K) and a Fire TV Cube and while I got it all installed, the app didn’t work at all. The remote did nothing and I’ve got HBO Go and that works fine. I restarted the Fire TV and still nothing on the remote works on either. I supposedly downloaded the latest app. I’ll google and see if I can get it to work but not good so far.
Interesting. It did seem a little glitchy with the remote but I only used it for a couple minutes and haven't been back yet. 

cap'n grunge said:
Interesting. It did seem a little glitchy with the remote but I only used it for a couple minutes and haven't been back yet. 
Try this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph7Suz5gMEY

Same process but he shows the correct version. I downloaded the latest something like 50.0.1.46 and he mentioned the June 1st one which was .45. Worked much better. Remote had no issues, got to sign on. Haven’t watched a movie yet, had just used the app on my phone. 

Right.  Step #1 with firesticks is to learn how to install APK files because you won't find jack in the Amazon store.

Step #2 is to load the Cinema APK so you don't have to worry about HBO Max or any of the other pay services.
Anything to worry about with Cinema? Pretty wild but do you need a VPN (no idea how to do that on a Firestick anyway). I don’t plan on downloading anything but a #### ton of movies.

Anything to worry about with Cinema? Pretty wild but do you need a VPN (no idea how to do that on a Firestick anyway). I don’t plan on downloading anything but a #### ton of movies.
If you ever download you need a VPN. It's optional, but, very cheap insurance when just streaming.  IMO.

I use Private Internet Access for like $3/month.  It might even be in the Amazon store, if not just go to their website and find the link for the APK file.  Easy as downloading the app and pushing a button.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ever download you need a VPN. It's optional, but, very cheap insurance when just streaming.  IMO.

I use Private Internet Access for like $3/month.  Easy as downloading the app and pushing a button.
Do you only use the VPN for Cinema? I assume it slows things a little bit and I don’t need it for anything else.

Do you only use the VPN for Cinema? I assume it slows things a little bit and I don’t need it for anything else.
Yes. It doesn’t really slow anything down noticeably. Some of the regular Amazon stuff won’t work unless you turn it off. 

Users who are viewing this thread