What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help Please - Areas We Can Expand Our FBG Content - For Customer Service Please See Site (2 Viewers)

The #3 Area You'd Like Footballguys To Improve

• Total voters
Voted more redraft as I don't do the other formats, and am not interested in them......the yearly live drafts are half of the fun! I realize I'm prolly not in any kind of majority with that line of thinking.

I love DD because I can tailor the rankings to my funky leagues scoring. imo, it's the best tool available on FG's.

The August update articles are great! I don't have time to watch every preseason game, or go searching out all the camp news........by choice I've not delved into social media much beyond message board such as this. I don't want to follow people on twitter, etc......so I love the summarized camp stuff that gets right to the point.

I also read most of the other redraft specific articles.

Thank you @Manster You're in the majority there as most people play redraft. That was one of the challenges this year as we upped our coverage for the non redraft stuff like Dynasty and Best Ball as well as IDP and Salary Cap which can be redraft of course. We want to expand but also make sure we take great care of the majority of our audience and that's redraft. It can be a challenge but I feel pretty good overall. And of course, lots of our content covers all the areas.

Week 3 of the August Updates are live. https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-august-updates

And I hope to have the "Need To Know" report ready this evening.
Tons of good info here. I just started, and hope to get through all the teams today.
Love this, maybe my favorite thing on the site. I will however say I miss the PDFs (are they still somewhere?).

It felt like I was reading a magazine, i don't know why i enjoyed consuming that content better that way.

The ranking system. When your guys don't rank a player it skews the entire ranking system. I am not trying to pick on anyone, but D. Swift isn't ranked at all (which is annoying all by itself). So right now in PPR redraft Swift is the 39th player. When you take out this person's rankings he drops to 14th. Jerry Jeudy is another.

The ranking system. When your guys don't rank a player it skews the entire ranking system. I am not trying to pick on anyone, but D. Swift isn't ranked at all (which is annoying all by itself). So right now in PPR redraft Swift is the 39th player. When you take out this person's rankings he drops to 14th. Jerry Jeudy is another.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're saying. What exact link are you looking at? We've been raving about D'Andre Swift for months.

He's our RPR RB 8 https://www.footballguys.com/rankin...=ppr&excludedstaffers=&leagueid=Select+League He's ranked as high as RB5 by some experts and the lowest any of our experts have him is RB16.

Love this, maybe my favorite thing on the site. I will however say I miss the PDFs (are they still somewhere?).

It felt like I was reading a magazine, i don't know why i enjoyed consuming that content better that way.

Thank you. We might consider next year adding the PDF back. The trouble is they took way more formatting effort than I thought they would. And we're on such a tight schedule each week that we put that effort into other spots.

But I'm with you and agree - I love the August Updates.

And thank you @msudaisy26 for the headsup. That's an error on our part with the overall ranking as he has Swift ranked as his RB10 for RBs https://www.footballguys.com/rankin...=ppr&excludedstaffers=&leagueid=Select+League

Thanks for the headsup and we'll jump to it. For the future, if you had a second, if you see something wrong like that, please shoot an email to help@footballguys.com and let them know. We'll be able to solve way faster that way. I just happened to glance at the forums. Thanks!

Draft Dominator issue......I tried printing the CSV file version of the cheatsheet to do some manipulation of the data and it stops at 450-ish players. Unfortunately I need a lot more because the DL don't start until after that. So this essentially means I have no DL on the cheatsheet. Is there a way to specify how much data is downloaded?

I know DL is in there because if I do the PDF version it provides a listing of DL choices.

Thoughts?

(Yes I filled out the trouble ticket but have not been responded to yet)
@Joe Bryant

I was able to get an answer but it leads to a bigger concern. The answer ended up being that the program didn't think that DL was worth drafting based on the number that were already rostered (dynasty league) so it doesn't export them to the CSV file. The issue is that it then leaves off Aaron Donald who was the overall #6 scoring player in the entire league last year. I assumed that by syncing the league it takes into account the scoring system and factors that into the projections to come up with rankings for drafting but this seems way off because it isn't even including Donald as a draftable player. It makes me really doubt the accuracy of the entire tool if something that egregious is left out.

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if there is just a glitch with the program when trying to fold in IDP players. I have noticed things like this for many years but have just blown it off and not used the tool because it wasn't one of the main reasons for the subscription. But now that we are basically paying for this tool it would be nice if it worked for me where I could have confidence in it.

Anybody have any similar findings?

Thanks. We'll continue to take a look there. We've never included dynasty in the Draft Dominator so previous years wouldn't factor for this. Thanks for letting us know and we'll continue to work on things.

Thanks. We'll continue to take a look there. We've never included dynasty in the Draft Dominator so previous years wouldn't factor for this. Thanks for letting us know and we'll continue to work on things.
I didn't necessarily think it should factor previous years into the evaluations per se however the point I was trying to make was that a player like Aaron Donald scores very well so based on normal projections he should be ranked very high as last year wasn't an anomaly year for him and his stats for this year should be in line with that again.

I didn't necessarily think it should factor previous years into the evaluations per se however the point I was trying to make was that a player like Aaron Donald scores very well so based on normal projections he should be ranked very high as last year wasn't an anomaly year for him and his stats for this year should be in line with that again.

I'll ask our folks to look there and see if they can see anything differently. Thanks.

This truly is FANTASTIC dynasty content for those of us (me) who won’t take the time to sift through the longer, per-team summaries. Excellent addition to the content you provide. Nice work to you and the team, @Joe Bryant

Thank you GB.

The credit goes mostly to the team writers as they're doing all the heavy lifting. I just tweak and add and change the things I see and make sure I agree with all the takes.

I know it's not sexy but it might be some of the best content we do.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're saying. What exact link are you looking at? We've been raving about D'Andre Swift for months.

It is the same issue that I mentioned a couple of days prior. Waldman has updated his rankings since, but for whatever reason he had omitted Swift from his previous rankings. So rather than your rankings looking at the average of the rankings of people that did rank Swift, it has ranked Swift based on an average of everyone and handled Swift as the next best unranked player. Which, as Matt is thorough in his rankings, put him at 370-something and gave an average expert position as an early fourth round pick

It is the same issue that I mentioned a couple of days prior. Waldman has updated his rankings since, but for whatever reason he had omitted Swift from his previous rankings. So rather than your rankings looking at the average of the rankings of people that did rank Swift, it has ranked Swift based on an average of everyone and handled Swift as the next best unranked player. Which, as Matt is thorough in his rankings, put him at 370-something and gave an average expert position as an early fourth round pick

Thanks. We'll keep working on this to make it the best it can be.

Thanks. We'll keep working on this to make it the best it can be.
From a technical standpoint (given my day job of working in analytics) I think it's probably just a case of either ensuring whatever coding is used to generate the average tries to handle the absence of a ranking from any given contributor for a particular player as a null, rather than assigning the next best available ranking (the "low" column literally said Swift at 374 or something like that which is clearly not what Matt intended), or trying to add some basic error checking in whatever import procedure you have when a contributor updates their rankings (maybe a comparison to some publicly available ADP data), so that if there is an absence of someone in the top 100-150, or if their data is wildly off compared to the status quo, they can either correct their list or at least confirm that what they're saying is what they're actually thinking

@Joe Bryant Is someone doing the Perfect Draft articles this year and if so is there an expected timeline? Also, is Wisdom of the Crowds going to come back? Enjoyed looking at the different rankings side by side with their comments.

Wanted to add the site content is great. The training camp summaries are awesome and absolutely love the tools (draft dominator, projections dominator).

@Joe Bryant Is someone doing the Perfect Draft articles this year and if so is there an expected timeline? Also, is Wisdom of the Crowds going to come back? Enjoyed looking at the different rankings side by side with their comments.

Wanted to add the site content is great. The training camp summaries are awesome and absolutely love the tools (draft dominator, projections dominator).

Yes. Hope to have the Perfect Draft articles by the weekend. Working on bringing back Wisdom of the Crowds although that had massively less interest than what I'd hoped for. Thanks for the kinds words and thanks for supporting Footballguys. Folks like you make the forums possible.

Not sure if it was in this thread or another thread but @Joe Bryant asked examples of post-auction analysis that might be helpful or something similar that FBGs can do

Hopefully it's OK to link to another site but Doug Orth at FFToday does a great article every year on post-auction results

The Art of the Auction

Thanks @KingPrawn And yes, we don't normally have other sites promoted. I know you wouldn't do this, but in the past we had folks who were mostly interested in using our forums to promote other sites which we don't do. But I asked so that's fine on this one.

That reminds me, we did our version of what I was asking for in the Kings Classic salary cap. I thought Drew did a great job. https://www.footballguys.com/article/2022-salary-cap-lessons-from-kings-classic

I wrote a bit about this in the guillotine league thread, but for this format especially and potentially helpful for all redraft, it would be great if the staff could reassess player values multiple times during the year. Like how the staff write their observations and notes on players for pre-season for the draft expert rankings, just having them re-assess players around the league and re-rank them as if they were drafting at set intervals during the year (every 4 weeks or every 6 weeks) would make it easy for people to have a comparison of where each players value would be at that point in time. It would also allow staff to write new notes that displace their previous notes on why players moved up or down on their rankings and serve as a way for people to reflect on why their draft analysis was off.

This can help guillotine leagues in terms of bidding, but also help people look for waiver wire targets which people expect to do better in the upcoming weeks, and help people identify trading targets. Just my 2 cents.

Rankings are great but explanations behind the rankings are what adds value. I wish the staff would explain why they like or dislike certain players.
Is this anywhere on the site? The main rankings page used to have comments if you hovered over the ranking number. There are 19 rankings out there and not a single comment.

Rankings are great but explanations behind the rankings are what adds value. I wish the staff would explain why they like or dislike certain players.
Is this anywhere on the site? The main rankings page used to have comments if you hovered over the ranking number. There are 19 rankings out there and not a single comment.
In draft dominator, open player page, then go to the staff tab. Matt Waldman, Jason Wood, and a few others have comments.

I'm not sure where you're not seeing comments.

Our staff puts comments on lots of players they rank. Especially players where they are high or low on. You can see the comments on the rankings page. https://www.footballguys.com/rankings

There is a little text box to the right of the players name and you click on it and opens all the comments for that player. For the 300+ players ranked on the overall list, most all of them have comments.

I'm not sure where you're not seeing comments.

Our staff puts comments on lots of players they rank. Especially players where they are high or low on. You can see the comments on the rankings page. https://www.footballguys.com/rankings

There is a little text box to the right of the players name and you click on it and opens all the comments for that player. For the 300+ players ranked on the overall list, most all of them have comments.
Thanks, Joe. Didn't even notice that. They used to be over the ranking number. Appreciate the reading I have to do tonight :)

Thanks, Joe. Didn't even notice that. They used to be over the ranking number. Appreciate the reading I have to do tonight :)

You're welcome GB. Yes, the old way was sort of a pain as you had to scroll around over each ranking. This way, you just click the quote box one time and all the rankers have their comments listed for that one player. This is much easier to read.

Not really sure where to put this. Is it just me or does anyone else see what I see when I look at the "no photo" image

I can't un-see it. Is that "supposed to be" a Mountain and a Sun? 😂

I'm convinced our Shark Pool forum is one of the sharpest group of fantasy football players anywhere.

As we head into the 2022 year, I want to ask for your feedback on the areas you'd like to see improved with the Footballguys Premium Subscriptions.

Disclaimer Up Front: It's not possible for us to do everything that folks ask. So please don't be offended if we're unable to do all that's asked. It's just a reality. But it's important to know what you folks would like to see.

Please cast your votes for the areas you'd like us to improve.

I broke it out so you can vote for your top 3 areas.

Also please comment here with specific examples and links to other sites that are doing the thing you're talking about. It's one thing to vote "Improve IDP coverage". But it's way more helpful if you can add more context in a post that's, "Improve IDP coverage with more detailed breakdown of the CB/WR matchups". That kind of thing.

Thanks a ton for being part of Footballguys.

A note. I started this thread for the purpose of hearing areas where folks wanted us to expand our content.

We're not able to do Customer Service on the forums. We've invested a lot in people and resources to have a real Customer Service system here at www.footballguys.com/help. If you don't see an issue addressed, please scroll down and click "contact support" and they'll need some information from you and they'll try their best to help.
@Joe Bryant - Sorry if this has already been mentioned in this thread, but what about adding a comments section at the end of articles? I think it would be a great addition if subscribers could add their thoughts/questions to pieces such as "Flag Plants," Waldman's "Gut Check" and "Top Ten", Bloom's "Upgrades/Downgrades," etc. It would also provide a forum for Footballguys writers to interact with their subscribers outside of the public forums. Anyways, just a thought. Love the content!

Sorry if this has already been mentioned in this thread, but what about adding a comments section at the end of articles? I think it would be a great addition if subscribers could add their thoughts/questions to pieces such as "Flag Plants," Waldman's "Gut Check" and "Top Ten", Bloom's "Upgrades/Downgrades," etc. It would also provide a forum for Footballguys writers to interact with their subscribers outside of the public forums. Anyways, just a thought. Love the content!

I like this and we've bounced around a few different ways to discuss. Including doing it here. We'll keep trying to figure out what is best.

Also, we did new articles here for Draft Dominator - https://www.footballguys.com/article/guides_myfbg_dominator
Gotta say - I used DD to perfection in my home league this year.

Adjusted the weighted rankings for my preferred FBG prognosticators. Also kept an eye on my short list for the first time and kept reloading it as the names disappeared. Used the ADP to help me decide how much of a risk it was before the short turn (I drafted from 5) and didn’t miss a player.

I ❤️ DD so much. What a fantastic tool. I’ve used it for a few years now, but I finally feel like I nailed it this year. There’s a lot of nuance to the tool that can really lend value. It didn’t take that much more effort to figure it out, but I’m glad I spent the time.

ETA: the IDP rankings were much improved this year. Not sure if that’s due to the new folks you brought in, but kudos.

@Joe Bryant
is there a way to look at older rankings? For example, if I try to look back at the 2022 rookie rankings, it says “We're working on rankings for 2022 and will have them live as soon as possible!”
I don’t expect NEW rookie rankings, but I would like to look back at the last rankings that existed. In the former version of the rankings page, you could select the rankings within the last X days, I’d set it to 365, and I’d see the old rankings. Is something like that possible on the new rankings page? if not, could we get that back? Thanks!

@Joe Bryant
is there a way to look at older rankings? For example, if I try to look back at the 2022 rookie rankings, it says “We're working on rankings for 2022 and will have them live as soon as possible!”
I don’t expect NEW rookie rankings, but I would like to look back at the last rankings that existed. In the former version of the rankings page, you could select the rankings within the last X days, I’d set it to 365, and I’d see the old rankings. Is something like that possible on the new rankings page? if not, could we get that back? Thanks!

Even better than rankings, you should be able to see all the old projections here https://www.footballguys.com/projections/preseason

@Joe Bryant

Even better than rankings, you should be able to see all the old projections here https://www.footballguys.com/projections/preseason
cool, but….is there a way to see the last ROOKIE rankings? not projections. Rankings.

my use case…i have an open roster spot in dynasty and there are a few fringe rookies on the wire and, as a data point, I’d love to see where FBGs last ranked all these dudes relative to each other. I can’t currently do that as far as i can tell, unless you have a page that I’m missing.
thanks again.

cool, but….is there a way to see the last ROOKIE rankings? not projections. Rankings.

You're welcome! I'm sorry but we're not able to break the rookies out separately for the old projections/rankings. They are in with all the players. This is what we can do for previous projections/rankings.https://www.footballguys.com/projections/preseason
Thanks.
Ok. Thanks.

I think adding some sort of “show rankings within the last X days” feature to your rankings page would be super useful. In the meantime I’ll have to remember to do a screengrab of the rookie rankings when the season starts so i can refer to that since the rankings will “age out” on me. :(

You're welcome! I'm sorry but we're not able to break the rookies out separately for the old projections/rankings. They are in with all the players. This is what we can do for previous projections/rankings.https://www.footballguys.com/projections/preseason
Thanks.
Ok. Thanks.
I think adding some sort of “show rankings within the last X days” feature to your rankings page would be super useful. In the meantime I’ll have to remember to do a screengrab of the rookie rankings when the season starts so i can refer to that since the rankings will “age out” on me. :(

Actually, I just realized Tools -> Dynasty Trade Value Chart has a “Rookie Values“ tab that‘s totally up to date and is basically “live” rankings! That’s the stuff! Spreading the knowledge in case others missed that as well.

(But I still might do a screengrab of rookie rankings to lock that moment in time before the season starts, and maybe the same before the draft as well, just to track key points in value movement)

Users who are viewing this thread