What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HERE WE GO, STEELERS, HERE WE GO! (1 Viewer)

nightshift

Footballguy
I BELIEVE IN A STEELERS SUPER BOWL VICTORY. RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW, IN DETROIT.

Do you believe? Say Amen and show the symbol of your faith!

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE='] :sleep:
[/QUOTE]Posty is that neighbor we've all had at one point or another who sits by his phone just waiting for someone to act up so he can call the cops."Rotten kids think they're going to drink beer and have sex down there?!?!? NOT ON MY WATCH !!! DORIS, HIT ANY SPEED DIAL BUTTON AND HAND ME THE PHONE !! YES, ANY BUTTON - THEY'RE ALL SET TO 9-1-1 !!!"

Relax, Mr. Roper. It's all in good fun.

AMEN brother Nightshift !!!!

:towelwave:

[QUOTE=']No, I just hate bandwagon jumpers...
[/QUOTE]Please tell me your a Redskins fan. It makes the joke so much funnier. :D

Please tell me your a Redskins fan. It makes the joke so much funnier. :D
[/QUOTE]Nope. I hate the Skins as much as I hate the Steelers...

[/QUOTE]Sorry to disappoint you, Toasty, but I am an old guard Steelers fan. Born into it, you might say.But any of you bandwagon jumpers are welcome. Steelers fans understand - you can buy the first round!

:banned:

nightshift said:
Sorry to disappoint you, Toasty, but I am an old guard Steelers fan. Born into it, you might say.But any of you bandwagon jumpers are welcome. Steelers fans understand - you can buy the first round!

[/QUOTE]Pfff, I wouldn't jump on the Steeler bandwagon for all the money in the world...

No, I just hate bandwagon jumpers...
Sorry to disappoint you, Toasty, but I am an old guard Steelers fan. Born into it, you might say.But any of you bandwagon jumpers are welcome. Steelers fans understand - you can buy the first round!

[/QUOTE]Pfff, I wouldn't jump on the Steeler bandwagon for all the money in the world...
[/QUOTE]You're excused from Super bowl viewing. Here's a hint: We weren't gonna pay you to join in. Get a lawn chair & get in line for 2006 Browns tickets. Do it now. Be the first... :lmao:

You got to love a team that never goes after the big names, finishes in the middle to the end of the pack in salaries, and still makes the playoffs almost every year. Bandjumpers are allowed in the Burgh--Most that jump on never jump off!!!!!!Potsie and Ralph, Why are you still reading this post. Everybody is a steeler lurker. Pretend all you want, but we know the Truth.My College Football Coach had a great Phrase:Jealousy is for PU##Y's

][QUOTE][QUOTE= said:

Pfff, I wouldn't jump on the Steeler bandwagon for all the money in the world...
[/QUOTE]You're excused from Super bowl viewing. Here's a hint: We weren't gonna pay you to join in. Get a lawn chair & get in line for 2006 Browns tickets. Do it now. Be the first... :lmao:

[/QUOTE]I wasn't going to watch the game anyway with the Steelers being in it and Madden doing the game...

']No said:
You're excused from Super bowl viewing. Here's a hint: We weren't gonna pay you to join in. Get a lawn chair & get in line for 2006 Browns tickets. Do it now. Be the first... :lmao:
I wasn't going to watch the game anyway with the Steelers being in it and Madden doing the game...
You post on a fantasy football website, but you aren't going to watch the Super Bowl?

']No said:
You're excused from Super bowl viewing. Here's a hint: We weren't gonna pay you to join in. Get a lawn chair & get in line for 2006 Browns tickets. Do it now. Be the first... :lmao:
I wasn't going to watch the game anyway with the Steelers being in it and Madden doing the game...
You post on a fantasy football website, but you aren't going to watch the Super Bowl?
Toasty got lost on the way to the Martha Stewart Living forum.

You got to love a team that never goes after the big names, finishes in the middle to the end of the pack in salaries, and still makes the playoffs almost every year.

Bandjumpers are allowed in the Burgh--Most that jump on never jump off!!!!!!

Potsie and Ralph, Why are you still reading this post. Everybody is a steeler lurker. Pretend all you want, but we know the Truth.

My College Football Coach had a great Phrase:

Jealousy is for PU##Y's
:goodposting:

At least we have all the bandwagon jumpers in one thread. Lets keep herding them up.
:confused: Myself, nightshift, The_Law, Ahrn City, bloom, black&gold, and apalmer are all diehards. Where are the bandwagon fans you speak of?

At least we have all the bandwagon jumpers in one thread. Lets keep herding them up.
:confused: Myself, nightshift, The_Law, Ahrn City, bloom, black&gold, and apalmer are all diehards. Where are the bandwagon fans you speak of?
Ahem....I am "Old Skool" circa 1983 Stiller fan.

IT'S OUR TIME!

']No said:
And I play fantasy football and maybe watch football 5-10 minutes a week... So what's your point?

Is it ok if those of us who have always claimed a certain Steeler as his favorite player join in? If there were a way for Randle El, the Bus and Ben to win the Super Bowl without giving it to the rest, I would. ;) But, there isn't so :towelwave:

][QUOTE][QUOTE= said:

Pfff, I wouldn't jump on the Steeler bandwagon for all the money in the world...

[/QUOTE]I wasn't going to watch the game anyway with the Steelers being in it and Madden doing the game...
[/QUOTE]You post on a fantasy football website, but you aren't going to watch the Super Bowl?
[/QUOTE]And I play fantasy football and maybe watch football 5-10 minutes a week... So what's your point?
[/QUOTE]I guess I just thought fantasy football players were, by definition, football fans. I guess I was wrong.Plus, aren't you some sort of pop-culture fanatic? I'd think you'd watch for the commercials.

I moved away from Pittsburgh in 1979. I remember when the Terrible Towel came in existence. My father was at the Imacculate Reception game. I have not been this excited about a Super Bowl since I was in Jr High. Moving to Minnesota really has dampened my chances of having my home team in the Super Bowl. Go Steelers! :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

At least we have all the bandwagon jumpers in one thread.  Lets keep herding them up.
Ahem....I am "Old Skool" circa 1983 Stiller fan.

IT'S OUR TIME!
You hadn't posted in this thread yet, that's why I didn't include you in that list. Godsbrother, Tom Servo, Steelers 4 Life, Cowher Power, and any other long-time die hards that may stop by - this applies to all of you as well.

[/QUOTE]On it or under it...doesn't really matter to the rest of us.

Steeler fan here. I was able to go to the Cincinnati and Denver games and just got my ticket for the Super Bowl yesterday. It's been a great year. Also, I was just wondering where you get the terrible towel waving emoticon?

Steeler fan here. I was able to go to the Cincinnati and Denver games and just got my ticket for the Super Bowl yesterday. It's been a great year. Also, I was just wondering where you get the terrible towel waving emoticon?
colon (the symbol) towelwave colon

I BELIEVE IN A STEELERS SUPER BOWL VICTORY. RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW, IN DETROIT.

Do you believe? Say Amen and show the symbol of your faith!

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:
The towels have been unleashed ....... in Seattle!! :thumbup:

Steeler fan here.  I was able to go to the Cincinnati and Denver games and just got my ticket for the Super Bowl yesterday.  It's been a great year.  Also, I was just wondering where you get the terrible towel waving emoticon?
colon (the symbol) towelwave colon
Thanks.

And finally, how fortunate I was to play for the Pittsburgh fans... a proud and hard-working people who love their football and their players. If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler!
YOU'RE ### #### RIGHT!! :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

Yes. But this look at me I am a Steeler fan thread is a little circle-jerkish and deserves some sort of mocking. On the other hand, maybe I am just a jealous Viking fan.

Yes. But this look at me I am a Steeler fan thread is a little circle-jerkish and deserves some sort of mocking. On the other hand, maybe I am just a jealous Viking fan.
It ain't a "look at me" thread.It's a "support the Steelers" thread.

The greatest professional sports team ever!

Thanks for the Lambert quote! So true...

Mryon sez: Um, AH, WAVE THOSE TOWELS! Double Yoi!

:towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave: :towelwave:

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick."If that boy billionaire thinks he can shut me up, he should stick his head in a can of paint." Steelers announcer Myron Cope, after Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder sent someone into the broadcast booth during a game to tell Cope to stop referring to his team as the "Wash Redfaces" (2000)."It's like what they said about the raptor in Jurassic Park - one of us gets your attention, the other one gets you." Greg Lloyd."Chuck and I hit it off the first day we met. We had an argument." Art Rooney."Who is Joe Namath? This is a guy who, if he played in the league today, I'd probably just go hit him late and see what he did, just for the hell of it. Joe Namath can go to hell; he can kiss my ###." Greg Lloyd, after NBC commentator Joe Namath accused Lloyd of playing dirty (1991)."I am very aggressive and very physical. On the field I guess I am just plain mean." Jack Lambert."I want to bring back the pride and tradition long associated with the Pittsburgh Steelers, and more importantly, with the people of Pittsburgh." Bill Cowher."We're coming from everywhere. We play with 15 guys in the huddle. We have guys parachuting from airplanes, fans coming from out of the stands to help us go after people." Kevin Greene."I hated putting on that purple uniform, and I hated that raven bird. What really ticked me off is when we played Pittsburgh our whole stadium seemed to be filled with Pittsburgh fans." Tackle Orlando Brown, on playing in Baltimore for Art Modell's Ravens (1999)."If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." Jack Lambert, 1990 HoF Introduction."Going after the QB is like playing king of the mountain. When you get the QB, you're on top of the mountain." Joe Greene."To be honest, the fans pay our bills. They pay my bills. They pay for my house and everything else. That's the best feeling in the world to come out and see 60,000 people at a football game." Lee Flowers, on what motivates him (1998)."I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert."He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983)."I'm not out there to #####foot or be your friend. I have a lot of friends around the league. But I don't know you when you're on the field. I play the game." Greg Lloyd"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight." Joe Greene"It's time to plant some seeds. What that means is, hit them in the mouth. Ya know, plant some seeds. Show 'em what time it is." Levon Kirkland"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert"The only thing I want to see different is that there were a lot of Steelers fans there, which is great for the Steelers, but this is our home." Mike Holmgren, Seahawks/Steelers Game (2003)

You can guess which one I'm voting for.

Users who are viewing this thread