What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hoopsguys - FBG ventures into NBA DFS (3 Viewers)

My initial stab at a main slate cash play. Another "meh" lineup for me. I've got $1000 in salary laying around, so tweaking is possible. 

Steph/Parker

Wade/Hield

Durant/Barnes

Taj/Dirk (that's right, Dirk)

Pau

My initial stab at a main slate cash play. Another "meh" lineup for me. I've got $1000 in salary laying around, so tweaking is possible. 

Steph/Parker

Wade/Hield

Durant/Barnes

Taj/Dirk (that's right, Dirk)

Pau
Early look cash

Holiday/Rose(or MCW)

KCP/Kilp

HBarns/Mello

DGreen/Tobias

Drumm

GPP/100 player leagues

Holid/Whitehead

Wade/Kilp

Kawi/Mello

Dray/Tobias/Drumm

Hold/Curry

Wade/Kilp

Mello/Bogad

Dray/Tobias

BLopez

Early look cash

Holiday/Rose(or MCW)

KCP/Kilp

HBarns/Mello

DGreen/Tobias

Drumm

GPP/100 player leagues

Holid/Whitehead

Wade/Kilp

Kawi/Mello

Dray/Tobias/Drumm

Hold/Curry

Wade/Kilp

Mello/Bogad

Dray/Tobias

BLopez
Very different cash lineups. I really have no feel for tonight at all. I'm just using (in order) general roster building concepts, my own personal biases, and Mike's math. Basically just blindly playing to have action, pretty much exactly what you're not supposed to ever do. 

My kinda night so lets see how it goes. $8 in. Woohoo

Curry Jrue Wade Kilp Melo Morris dray jones drum 

Rose Jrue Wade Klay Melo Leonard dray jones Noah 

Entered a jumbo slam satellite that had overlay.  Two tickets available, but only 18 entries.  A lot of duplicate entries on a short slate when four of the players are 100% owned so there's a good chance an extra ticket or two could be given out.

Entered a jumbo slam satellite that had overlay.  Two tickets available, but only 18 entries.  A lot of duplicate entries on a short slate when four of the players are 100% owned so there's a good chance an extra ticket or two could be given out.
What price point are you finding these overlays?

What price point are you finding these overlays?
$1-$5

Did 3 $1 into an EPL satellite ($4 entry).  25 tickets, only 56 entries (should have been 116).  One of my lineups is in a group of 7 that is currently on the straddle and costing FD an extra 4 tickets.

Regarding the overlays, some nights they are flipping out new contests with minutes to go, other nights it's bone dry 2 minutes to tip.

$1-$5

Did 3 $1 into an EPL satellite ($4 entry).  25 tickets, only 56 entries (should have been 116).  One of my lineups is in a group of 7 that is currently on the straddle and costing FD an extra 4 tickets.

Regarding the overlays, some nights they are flipping out new contests with minutes to go, other nights it's bone dry 2 minutes to tip.
I know literally nothing about the EPL tho. 

I'm a shark compared to you -- English Premier League. Some historically bad organization won it last year, right?
I think so and they were a super longshot. Probably like an 8 seed winning the NBA championship.

FD did a freeroll recently where everyone won $2 no matter what and u also got entry into a $3 tourney which is this Sat. They are really trying to get people to play. Seems kinda fun actually.

I think so and they were a super longshot. Probably like an 8 seed winning the NBA championship.

FD did a freeroll recently where everyone won $2 no matter what and u also got entry into a $3 tourney which is this Sat. They are really trying to get people to play. Seems kinda fun actually.
Just looked it up Leicester City. Nearly relegated the year before, finishing 16th. 5000-to-1 odds. 

KCP(inj) and Bledsoe combing for 26pts for 14k sunk me- missed the cash line by 11. Taking the weekend off as I won't be able to make any last minute changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another good night NBA wise

$60 in $119 out

So, whatever players I like tonight stay far away from, LOL

Cash LU went for 307.4 and cashed all $2 50/50s

GPP LU went for 320.4 and cashed $8 and $50 in a $5 100 player league

GPP Lu went for 322.5 and cashed $8 and $25 in a $5 100 player League

Other GPP LUs went for 258.5, 275.2 and 284.3 and were shut out
Here's to knowing you are going to have a bad night

AND here's to being too stupid to listen to yourself, LOL

$60 in nadda out

Reggie Jackson 19.9

KCP 1.0

TJ Warren 14.9

A Drummond 26

Whitehead 8.9

MCW 10.8

Lou Williams 13.4

Taj Gibson 19.8

M Turner 18.2

L Aldrich 19.8

Hield 11.5

Actually had a LU score 208.6

COME ON MAN

Here's to knowing you are going to have a bad night

AND here's to being too stupid to listen to yourself, LOL

$60 in nadda out

Reggie Jackson 19.9

KCP 1.0

TJ Warren 14.9

A Drummond 26

Whitehead 8.9

MCW 10.8

Lou Williams 13.4

Taj Gibson 19.8

M Turner 18.2

L Aldrich 19.8

Hield 11.5

Actually had a LU score 208.6

COME ON MAN
Wow. That's actually impressive when you think about it. 

I tanked, but at least had only 0.6 credits at risk. Hield on my team coupled w/ everyone but me having Jones and his $110/pt performance was too much to overcome. 277. Missed cashing by 10-15 in my cash plays. 

I'm gonna slap a little something together for tonight, but I'm on the road all evening so it'll be really small. 
Yea, I'm going to spend a little time on NBA tonight but I have around $250 in play for the NFL this weekend so I need to get some work done

For the $1 20k dribbler. Maynot be around to make changes so hoping for the best

wall hill beal hood leonard Hayward morris noel gortat

Julius Randle ruined a monster for me last night. Still raked in cash but if he had been even so-so I coulda done so much more than min-cashing in my GPP and 100-man league exposure. 

Hi Folks,

This is a "Good News - Bad News" message.

I believe in getting right to it so let's do the Bad News first: As of today, we'll be closing Basketballguys.com. Everyone who bought a Basketballguys subscription has been refunded their purchase price.

The Good News is we're not going anywhere. We'll be back at Footballguys along with head Basketballguy Devin Knotts pouring everything we can into making Footballguys the very best it can be.

I know many of you NBA fans will be disappointed and we are too. David and I want to say thank you to you folks who supported us with Basketballguys. While it wasn't the end result we wanted, it's been fun exploring some new areas these last few months. Thank you.

But let's be real. We've got a pretty healthy perspective and in a world with plenty of ungood stuff going on, closing a fantasy basketball site is fairly low on the "problem" scale. We gave Basketballguys our best shot and poured our heart into it. What we found was that at least for now, it's not a good fit for us. And we're ok with that. I wish I could say that everything we try works exactly as we plan. The reality is that's not the case. I'm proud of the product and the effort and we learned some valuable lessons. But for us, it's back to Footballguys, all the time.

Again, thank you for giving us a try and thanks for being part of what we're doing. And thanks to our good friend Devin Knotts and the Basketballguys Staff for all the hard work and content. We wish you all the best and we'll see you at Footballguys.

Joe Bryant, David Dodds, and Devin Knotts

I feel bad for Devin here.  He did some amazing college football work last year.  7 days a week of basketball is a tough road.

Wonder if we'll find out why the product wasn't up to snuff and what happened to all the 15 guys brought on staff for basketball.

Any suggestions on sites to use now?  I've always wanted to join Fantasy Labs but I don't play enough volume to warrant their price tag.  Tried Rotowire a few years back and think their projections are always way off the mark.  FantasyPros? Rotogrinders (yuck)? Not sure what else is out there

Any suggestions on sites to use now?  I've always wanted to join Fantasy Labs but I don't play enough volume to warrant their price tag.  Tried Rotowire a few years back and think their projections are always way off the mark.  FantasyPros? Rotogrinders (yuck)? Not sure what else is out there
I'm a huge fan of Mikeman's website (sportsguydaily.com). $10 a month gets you access. He generates spreadsheets for FD and DK, plus a narrative for each team that attempts to anticipate "special situations" that may arise. You won't get late breaking news there but there are free apps that will get you that. 

JaVale McGee is like a mini Westbrook.  Dude averages a fantasy point a minute.

$13 in, $8 out.  Got lucky that the $1 entries tanked and the $2 entires cashed.
LOL, I somehow raked. No idea how that happened. After my terrible start I just stopped checking. I look this morning and see that my 250 was enough to win not only cash, but also triple-ups. Only bummer was super-light action. 0.3 units in, 0.7 units out. 

Been on a little winning streak, but for some reason it hasn't felt that way because it's been with sub-par lineups, a ton of luck, and hasn't resulted in a ton of winnings. It's like I've won home games over the Browns, Rams, and Niners. Technically that's a winning streak I guess. 

My lunchtime cash build, FWIW:

Lowry/Russell

Lou/Gordon

Carroll/Butler

Dirk/Jokic

Val

Looks alot like my gpp lineup.

Lowery. Beverly

Barton Wade

Chandler Barnes

Randle Jokic

Val

Scout Fantasy Sports has a free optimizer that I played around with to make this lineup so giving it a test run. Unless I locked in a center it kept  putting backup Nogueira at 3.8k in my lineups.

Users who are viewing this thread