What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How long do I stick it out? (1 Viewer)

Polish Hammer

made of glass
In my league, we start 1 DL, 1 LB, and 1 DB. Rosters are small, so the FA pool is pretty good. At the same time, there isn't much room to carry backups at any IDP position. Currently, I have Charles Grant, Donnie Edwards, and Thomas Davis in my slots, but all three have been lackluster so far. Do I hold onto them and let the cream rise to the top, or make a move? What is the tendency of players to start slow and then increase? Does it make a difference for veterans versus rookies?Here is a sampling of the players still available:DL: Richard Seymour, John Henderson, Pat Williams, Robert Mathis, Larry Triplett (DL players get 2 points per tackle, LB and DB get 1)LB: June, Cato Dansby, Karlos Kassell, Brad Brackett, Gary Holmes, Earl Witherspoon, Will Pierce, Antonio Vrabel, Mike Davis, Andra Wilson, Al Gold, IanWong, KaileeDB: Deltha O'NealAhmed PlummerMike BrownNick FergusonLots of other similar players.

In my league, we start 1 DL, 1 LB, and 1 DB. Rosters are small, so the FA pool is pretty good. At the same time, there isn't much room to carry backups at any IDP position. Currently, I have Charles Grant, Donnie Edwards, and Thomas Davis in my slots, but all three have been lackluster so far. Do I hold onto them and let the cream rise to the top, or make a move? What is the tendency of players to start slow and then increase? Does it make a difference for veterans versus rookies?

Here is a sampling of the players still available:

DL: Richard Seymour,

John Henderson,

Pat Williams,

Robert Mathis,

Larry Triplett (DL players get 2 points per tackle, LB and DB get 1)

LB: June, Cato

Dansby, Karlos

Kassell, Brad

Brackett, Gary

Holmes, Earl

Witherspoon, Will

Pierce, Antonio

Vrabel, Mike

Davis, Andra

Wilson, Al

Gold, Ian

Wong, Kailee

DB: Deltha O'Neal

Ahmed Plummer

Mike Brown

Nick Ferguson

Lots of other similar players.
Witherspoon, Will Pierce, Antonio

Davis, Andra

In my league, we start 1 DL, 1 LB, and 1 DB. Rosters are small, so the FA pool is pretty good. At the same time, there isn't much room to carry backups at any IDP position. Currently, I have Charles Grant, Donnie Edwards, and Thomas Davis in my slots, but all three have been lackluster so far. Do I hold onto them and let the cream rise to the top, or make a move? What is the tendency of players to start slow and then increase? Does it make a difference for veterans versus rookies?

Here is a sampling of the players still available:

DL: Richard Seymour,

John Henderson,

Pat Williams,

Robert Mathis,

Larry Triplett (DL players get 2 points per tackle, LB and DB get 1)

LB: June, Cato

Dansby, Karlos

Kassell, Brad

Brackett, Gary

Holmes, Earl

Witherspoon, Will

Pierce, Antonio

Vrabel, Mike

Davis, Andra

Wilson, Al

Gold, Ian

Wong, Kailee

DB: Deltha O'Neal

Ahmed Plummer

Mike Brown

Nick Ferguson

Lots of other similar players.
Witherspoon, Will Pierce, Antonio

Davis, Andra
:thumbup:

I own Donnie Edwards also, and using our scoring (see sig), there are currently 39 IDPers that have more total FPs than him. So am I gonna make a move? Not a chance.He finished 2nd overall in FPs for all IDPers (#1 LB) in 2004and 4th overall (#3 LB) in 2003.These things even themselves out.It just means he's in for some monster games.

Thanks for the input from everyone. I think I am gonna stick it out with Donnie, but not with Davis. Unfortunately, I got out-waivered on Mike Brown for him. Here are some remaining players on the WW, and all advice is helpful (1 pt per tackle, 1 pt per sack, 3 pts per INT).Deltha O'NealAhmed PlummerNick FergusonIke TaylorKerry RhodesTerrence KielRoy Williams (is this guy the sizzle or the steak?)

Users who are viewing this thread