What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Much Do You Participate Or Read In This vs The Other Forums? (1 Viewer)

How Much Do You Participate Or Read In This vs The Other Forums?

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
We have multiple forums here and they're all good. Or at least that's my hope. But the three forums that get the most traffic are the Shark Pool, Free For All and The Politics Forum.

Thought it might be interesting to do a quick check to see how much outside of this forum folks go. Not just in posting but also reading too. 

What do you say?

We have multiple forums here and they're all good. Or at least that's my hope. But the three forums that get the most traffic are the Shark Pool, Free For All and The Politics Forum.

Thought it might be interesting to do a quick check to see how much outside of this forum folks go. Not just in posting but also reading too. 

What do you say?

Maybe put this in both forums.  Some in others might not ever come to the PSF.

I put 25% because that's probably what it averages out to, but it really varies depending on time of year. During football season it's heavily skewed toward the Shark Pool, whereas in the offseason I find I have very little motivation to discuss football-related issues (sounds obvious, but there are some people who can talk about this stuff year 'round).

I make a conscious effort to engage in the PF on my own terms and not to get sucked into contentious debates with other posters, but whenever I notice that happening I take a step back and force myself to go to the FFA as my default. It's a far more pleasant experience and leaves me less agitated and optimistic about humanity in general. There's probably a lesson in there somewhere.

Less than 75%...a bit over 50% here (at least during the football season)...then the other 50% FFA vs. Shark Pool.  Posting way more here...but read more on the others.  Probably post more in the Shark Pool than FFA.

80% this forum 

15% free for all 

5% Shark Pool- usually only when there is an interesting game that is live at the time 

Maybe on Reddit 5%, rotoworld 5%. Rest of time in forums spent on the various FBG’s forums. 
I’m a dummy. I thought you were talking all the forums on FBG as a collective versus other forums.

Probably 75% Politics, 25% FFA. During football season Shark pool takes up maybe 10% from the others. 

I’m a dummy. I thought you were talking all the forums on FBG as a collective versus other forums.

Probably 75% Politics, 25% FFA. During football season Shark pool takes up maybe 10% from the others. 
That's exactly the same mistake I made.  This is my third message board in the batting order.

Something close to fitty fitty between the FFA and PSF when here.

Voted 50-50.

Started in the Shark Pool, discovered the FFA and then Trump happened.

Retired from FF so not much use for the Shark Pool.  I do need to say the FFA has been a good source of info:

1 - Cut The Cable thread was invaluable moving away from the cable monopolies.  I would have figured it out eventually, but, money in the bank.

2 - Wagering Thread.  Good group of guys and a lot of fun over the years being degenerates.

3 - Stock Thread/Personal Finance/Bitcoin

4 - TV Shows and Movie threads.  Best way to find out the best shows that usually aren't the most popular shows.

Not a social media guy, and if I were to start a forum I'd start with those 4 topics plus a Hobbies Thread.  Hobby threads never seemed to take off in the FFA for whatever reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
My usage has shifted over the years.

Right now - its probably 70-30 FFA -> PSF

Not too long ago it was probably 70-30 the other way.  I went 50-50 in the poll.

My overall time on FBGs is dropping though, as a percentage of free Internet time.

Probably 90% this forum and 10% in the other two.

Spend a lot less time in the Shark Pool than previously, because of Twitter.  :hophead:  

I was a regular in The Assistant Coach Forum and it had been daily stop for me answering dynasty league related questions, but you changed the format and ruined it IMO as it is not particularly user friendly anymore (and I don't think I am alone in that respect as traffic as really fallen off there, compared to the past).

I remember this same poll and thread in the spring of 2002.  Obviously there wasn't yet a PSF but I remember my answer being that I spent 90% in the FFA and 10% in the Shark Pool but I suspected that once things heated up it would revert to 90-10 the other way like it was in 2001.   But that turned out to be all wrong.  

I misinterpreted the question completely. I interpreted "Other Forums" as "Other non-FBG Forums on other websites".

So take one vote away from the 50% choice and add it to the 25% choice. I look at the Shark Pool and FFA more than the Politics forum.

I misinterpreted the question completely. I interpreted "Other Forums" as "Other non-FBG Forums on other websites".

So take one vote away from the 50% choice and add it to the 25% choice. I look at the Shark Pool and FFA more than the Politics forum.
lol.  I did as well and clicked 100% this, which isn't the case.  

ignatiusjreilly said:
I put 25% because that's probably what it averages out to, but it really varies depending on time of year. During football season it's heavily skewed toward the Shark Pool, whereas in the offseason I find I have very little motivation to discuss football-related issues (sounds obvious, but there are some people who can talk about this stuff year 'round).

I make a conscious effort to engage in the PF on my own terms and not to get sucked into contentious debates with other posters, but whenever I notice that happening I take a step back and force myself to go to the FFA as my default. It's a far more pleasant experience and leaves me less agitated and optimistic about humanity in general. There's probably a lesson in there somewhere.
:goodposting:

I'd say roughly

40% here

40% FFA

20% Shark Pool

Unfortunately idk, the FFA has kind of died out, so I'm mainly reading there. Not many threads I bother posting in. Here, there's enough engaging material to post about. It's politics.....so there's always something new happening to discuss.

Throughout the nineties, I read a lot of books.

In the late nineties, I started spending a lot of time on usenet (including rec.sport.football.fantasy, but mostly philosophy- and atheism-related groups), and then the forums on cheatsheets.net and footballguys.com.

From around 2000 until recently, I spent most of my internet time on the footballguys forums.

A little while ago, I got back into books. Books are great. As I started reading more books again, I've spent less time here. I think it's been a good trade-off.

Aside from usenet back when it was popular, I don't have much experience with other forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was 100% a FFA reader/poster. I stoped playing fantasy years ago but always enjoyed the conversation there. 

i stayed out of the PSF while trump was in office by I found the conversation very skewed and whiny

However lately I’ve been finding the conversation here much more engaging then in the FFA and I’ve been spending prob 80% of my time here. 

75% FFA

25% this one

I don't spend nearly as much time on FBG in general over the past couple of years as I used to.

Users who are viewing this thread