What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How often do you get a hair cut? (2 Viewers)

Normally 3-4 weeks but I was due for a haircut right when this started so I would guess it has been about 2 months now. My hair is still looking good and I was starting to grow it out a bit anyway, 

I cut my own before, so no matter to me...

Wife got lucky and got hers cut two weeks before the shutdown so she'll be good for a while. 

Normally every 5 weeks. Mine was due the week they shut down. My head is approaching mop status. But I just had my trimmers delivered by Amazon. So by this weekend, I expect to look like a really raggedy, but shorter, mop

I have a new routine. Recently discovered my wife digs shaved balls.

Every three days I:

1. Hop in the shower

2. Shower - though I do shower every day, and usually twice a day, the complicated routine takes place every 3 days.

3. Lather up and shave my face

4. Lather up and shave my head - I love the nice smooth bald head

5. Lather up and shave my balls - My wife loves the nice smooth bald balls - Who Knew?????

And I gotta say, I like the shaved ball deal too. It's comfy.

I get a haircut every 4 weeks, as of today It's been 5 weeks since my last cut. I've asked my gf to do it with my beard trimmer but I'm scared about what the outcome might be and have been putting it off.

:scared:

I get mine cut every 4 weeks.  Going on 8 weeks now.  Waiting to see what the Governor says today about barbershops.  If they stay closed I will be getting my parents clippers and giving it a shot.  I am work from home until May 18th so it will grow out if I mess it up.

Usually get mine cut once a month...it had been about 2 months and it was driving me nuts, so yesterday I finally gave in to the GF who's been telling me for a long time she can cut hair. Turns out sheactually did cut hair for a living years ago and this whole time I thought she was BSing me so I'd let her cut it. She actually did a good enough job that I'm good waiting til I can go see my usual girl who's been cutting it for 12+ years.

My head feels so much better now that I dont have a mop up there.

Trimmed my own sides but it is long on top... wife insists she can do it..... I may have to give in. 
This is where I am heading. Governor announced he's releasing the virus, I mean opening businesses, starting Friday. But hair places are not on the list. So, hair on the neck and around the ears gotta be trimmed. I won't attempt the top.

IDGAF what I look like. Wife buzzes my skull every month or 2. Whenever my hair starts to stick out of my hat. She just did it last week. #3 on the sides faded to a #5 on top.

I was due to get a haircut right when the shutdown stuff started. Debating whether to charge my coworkers to watch me give myself a haircut on Zoom. Alternatively I might just #2 it all, might be time to say goodbye anyway. 

Usually every 4-6 weeks.  Pressing 12 weeks now.  Meant to get a hair cut right before the shutdown, but was too busy with other things.  Now I am kind of stuck with the longest hair since my college days.  

Going on 9 weeks now.  I used to cut my own hair when I was younger and kept my hair very short.  I have clippers and will soon use them on the sides but I am worried how bad I will be with scissors on the top.

Had made an appointment for the 16th but the Governor said no hair places until the 18th, so I got pushed back to May 26th. So yea, trim attempt will be required.

Been about two years. It's longer than my wife's now. She complained for awhile but then when I sported a bun like the witchers she came around.  Do not see one coming anytime in the near or long time future. Long hair is making a strong comeback!

Last edited by a moderator:
Been about two years. It's longer than my wife's now. She complained for awhile but then when I sported a bun like the witchers she came around.  Do not see one coming anytime in the near or long time future. Long hair is making a strong comeback!
<lowers head and shakes it sadly>

every 4 weeks for a cut and oil change (it ain't eezy bein' greezy) - but going on 7 weeks now ... not caring too much, seeing as my only activity around anyone but family is a 2 block jaunt to and fro our local bodega - if i don't feel like greezin' up with the Brylcreem, i just slap a doooooo-***-rag on. 

meh. 

i expect another 5 weeks ... been targeting June 1st since the start of my SiP (3/11).

I cut/trimmed my own hair today.   Looks fine.  Slightly longer than I usually get it cut, but I lost the right length trimmer attachment.

Explain how you did it and how long it is...
I have a battery powered trimmer, but the trimmer part is on the side, so you use it more like a brush or a comb.   There are attachments just like on a normal hair trimmer.  I'd forgotten about this thing for years but dug it out, put new batteries in it and it worked.  Used scissors on the front and top.

I normally get a #3 trimmer on the sides and back and they use scissors on the top, which is about 1 1/2 inches.   Mine's a little longer on the sides and back.  Looks like I normally would about 2 weeks after a haircut.

Bought a $20 Norelco clipper set at the grocery store yesterday and did it myself.

Huge improvement... it is passable.  Started with a 4 and clipped the sides and back, grabbed the 3 and did sides and back a little lower, down to a 2 and then 1 for the edges.  Ran fingers through hair on top and clipped off with the 3 blade on top of fingers.  Little choppy and some spots arent blended perfectly, but again... totally a good idea.

I want my barber back.

That may be the most incorrect thing you've ever said. My hair grows at a very high rate. My dad died at age 94 with a full head of hair. Baldness is not a factor in my family.
Then bun up dude. Just having some fun here. 

Incidentally, my dad was bald and my brother is bald. I'm 62 with a full head of long, curly hair and very little grey.

I am just lazy.  I probably get 4 haircuts a year, maybe 5 if there is a special occasion.

Looking back - last two haircuts were February 25, and October 28.  February haircut was overdue, but probably lucky I did it then...

Every 2 or 3 weeks.  I get the wife to buzz my head with the clippers.

When I was younger, I would get a fade.  Do kids these days still get fades?

Then bun up dude. Just having some fun here. 

Incidentally, my dad was bald and my brother is bald. I'm 62 with a full head of long, curly hair and very little grey.
Same. My first response was tongue in cheek. And I definitely laughed when you mentioned me and baldness! It's all good.

Users who are viewing this thread