What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How soon will Brian Robinson play for the Commanders? (1 Viewer)

How soon will Brian Robinson play for the Commanders?

• Weeks 1-4

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Weeks 5-8

Votes: 53 56.4%
  • Weeks 9-12

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Weeks 13-18 + Playoffs

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Won't Play this Season

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Will Never Play Again

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Rivera says he could still play this year so likely either 4-8 weeks or 9-12 but probably not anything near Week 1.

Last edited:
The most generous update so far said "this year" - and the fact is, no matter how minor, he got shot in the leg. He's likely to miss some time. If it's muscle for either the glute or leg, it could be a significant amount of time.

Based solely on the little info we have, I went with week 13.

And what happens if Gibson just balls out, knowing this may be his last shot to get starter's carries...

And what happens if Gibson just balls out, knowing this may be his last shot to get starter's carries...
Then it's probably RBBC. I seriously doubt the WAS coaching staff would park him on the bench after what he's been through, assuming 100% health.

I wanted to bump this thread because I feel like when the shooting took place and Robinson was in the hospital, it's possible emotions might have gotten the better of me/you/anyone as this was unfolding and I mostly was concerned about this guy's mental health. It's a lot to ask anyone to be mentally stable as a victim of gun violence let alone a Rookie coming into this league.

All that said I was thinking he'd be back pretty fast, not Week 1 but I didn't actually believe we were looking at half a season, not sure why but I figured the month of September. Not for any gambling/FF reasons, I just didn't anticipate he would miss much time but in the end Robinson lands on PUP where he misses 4 weeks? And then you read things like "team has expressed optimism that he will play this year" That sounds like he could just make an appearance in late November. NTTAWWT

-It feels like we have pushed off a ways from a week or two and I would like a complete explanation as to what is happening. Is it because he sustained some serious damage even if not life threatening? I'm very understanding if the guy needs time to fully recover and that might require more time than just what it takes to physically be there. But I would like to know when he is physically cleared to play. I heard Forrest Gump miracle shot when this story broke, is that still true?

If I had to guess, I would say he’s gonna be back week 5 or 6. Based on what I’ve heard and read, the team didn’t want him trying to rush himself back, so they made him sit the 4 weeks to almost “protect him from himself” and to make sure mentally he was in a good place. We’ll see……

If I had to guess, I would say he’s gonna be back week 5 or 6. Based on what I’ve heard and read, the team didn’t want him trying to rush himself back, so they made him sit the 4 weeks to almost “protect him from himself” and to make sure mentally he was in a good place. We’ll see……
I agree with this. When he does start to play (week 5-6) it won't be a lot I'm sure. He'll be full bore to me by week 8 (ish).

I agree with this. When he does start to play (week 5-6) it won't be a lot I'm sure. He'll be full bore to me by week 8 (ish).
And i drafted him a little higher than most, given that over the second half of season when byes kick in, he could be an important fill in. Don’t need him before then. Was worth the draft capital at picks 181 and 184 in the 16 man leagues I’m in.

this sounds about right, but you never know.

Then it's probably RBBC. I seriously doubt the WAS coaching staff would park him on the bench after what he's been through, assuming 100% health.
Ummm, yeah, yeah they would. They don't give guys playing time just to be nice. Very odd take
I believe you’re misreading this.

Robinson was taking the job. Why would Gibson replace him?

And why would that be an odd take? If they’re both healthy I’d think they’d play them both.

What a weird reaction to a perfectly reasonable take.

Unless Gibson just fumbles a ton in the first 4-6 weeks, I don't see how Robinson just takes his job. Gibson is pretty dynamic, and has put up good numbers. I would desperately want Robinson if I owned Gibson, but I think Gibson has a lot of motivation to play well this year. And I think he will. QB alone should elevate this team considerably. and even if Wentz crashes, I really like what Howell has shown in the preseason.

Unless Gibson just fumbles a ton in the first 4-6 weeks, I don't see how Robinson just takes his job. Gibson is pretty dynamic, and has put up good numbers. I would desperately want Robinson if I owned Gibson, but I think Gibson has a lot of motivation to play well this year. And I think he will. QB alone should elevate this team considerably. and even if Wentz crashes, I really like what Howell has shown in the preseason.
🎯

as you said, assuming Gibson plays well, this is the most likely scenario. And I agree that this should light a fire under Gibson. The dude basically lost his job, and now through crazy circumstances gets a shot at redemption.

On the other hand, if he comes out and falls on his face, Robinson should take over completely as soon as he is physically able to.

Robinson had already taken his job and then was promptly shot hours after being announced the starter.

Robinson had already taken his job and then was promptly shot hours after being announced the starter.
Correct.

And now Gibson is the presumed starter by default. Which does afford him the opportunity for a redemption arc - if he comes out balling (and importantly, holds onto the ball) he could make things awkward when Robinson comes back.

WAS will play their good players - Gibson is getting a shot to show that he is. If he’s not, WAS has an easy call.

I get the feeling that in the event that Gibson seizes the opportunity, Washington would still go with Robinson regardless. That is, until he loses the job because he's potentially not running as well as Gibson did. I think Washington is trying to change the culture of their team, and sometimes that means sticking by guys that life has dealt a massively unfortunate card. I'll bet he starts when he's ready, not because it's right or wrong, but because that's what Ron Rivera wants to do.

I don't see Gibson holding off Robinson, I'd actually put money on it.

It would be one thing if Robinson went undrafted, but the Redskins went out of their way to draft him and then even worse for Gibson, proclaimed him the starter heading into week 1.

That sounds like the Redskins have made up their mind on Gibson, regardless of what he does the first four weeks.

I don't see Gibson holding off Robinson, I'd actually put money on it.

It would be one thing if Robinson went undrafted, but the Redskins went out of their way to draft him and then even worse for Gibson, proclaimed him the starter heading into week 1.

That sounds like the Redskins have made up their mind on Gibson, regardless of what he does the first four weeks.

Gisbon situation is interesting because the volume is now secure so he will produce and if he has hot hand. It may be prolonged.

I drafted Gibson in a few leagues. 4+ weeks og RB2 production works for me at his current ADP.

Ummm, yeah, yeah they would. They don't give guys playing time just to be nice. Very odd take
Did they give him the starting role to be nice? Very odd take indeed.. not sure what you mean.

When/if he does come back, it will still take awhile to work him into the gameplan. I think he would reclaim his role, but it wont be immediate and his grasp on that role would be tenuous based on gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread