What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How To Handle Losing Mark Andrews (1 Viewer)

I didn't see drink an entire gallon of wine in either article?

;)

I think the article presumes a couple things (heavy drinking, extended crying session in the fetal position) and moves right into solutions.

Bit off topic but if anyone knows of a Support Group for owners of both halves of the Burrow-Chase stack, I'll take a DM.

next week's league power rankings will be interesting - was #2 for about a month and finally broke through to #1 this week

If it makes you feel better, in one redraft league I'm in, I'm .500 but first in total points overall. I'm seventh or eighth and only six make the playoffs. It's a sixteen-team league. Not a good string of luck this year for me. But I'll keep grinding also.

next week's league power rankings will be interesting - was #2 for about a month and finally broke through to #1 this week

If it makes you feel better, in one redraft league I'm in, I'm .500 but first in total points overall. Not a good string of luck this year for me. But I'll keep grinding also.

Same(ish) - started 2-5 with the 2nd most points before I started curb stomping everyone (beat top 2 seeds back to back weeks in massive blowouts)

Honestly though, it is just part of the charm - IRL football teams always have some kind of adversity to overcome, and it's not bad luck when we experience it in magic football. it literally is part of football at this level, you have to build your team to withstand it.

If it makes you feel better, in one redraft league I'm in, I'm .500 but first in total points overall. I'm seventh or eighth and only six make the playoffs. It's a sixteen-team league. Not a good string of luck this year for me. But I'll keep grinding also.
In two of our 12 team dynasty leagues I commish we also have 6 who make the playoffs, but the first 4 our in on record and the last two are in with the highest total points of the remaining teams. You should consider this format.

In two of our 12 team dynasty leagues I commish we also have 6 who make the playoffs, but the first 4 our in on record and the last two are in with the highest total points of the remaining teams. You should consider this format.

It's a fairly long-standing FFA league. Shining Path's Cup. I don't think changes will be coming soon. I honestly don't mind the format and getting everything perfect is not its real purpose. It just gives me something to talk about in the FFA and SP.

It's a fairly long-standing FFA league. Shining Path's Cup. I don't think changes will be coming soon. I honestly don't mind the format and getting everything perfect is not its real purpose. It just gives me something to talk about in the FFA and SP.
It kind of prevents your situation from happening. The better teams get in.

not sure why we need a 'how do you handle losing mark andrews" thread. I mean, ppl lost justin jefferson( I'm among the many) I didn't see a thread about that.
ppl lost Nick Chubb(I'm among the many) didn't see a thread about how to 'cope'.

I got tank dell and jacoby meyers to deal with losing JJ. got J. Ford to 'cope' with losing Chubb.
people can trade, you know that right? why would losing Andrews be any different than losing any other top player? do we really need safety zones and kid gloves and padded rooms? hoping this thread was joking and all for fun and not serious about how to cope with adversity ?? I mean , gen Zs and the everyone gets a trophy generation can't cope with having to get their own mail for pete's sake, you shoulda put a warning on the title - "Gen Zs might find the content disturbing" kind of thing. :wink:

Bit off topic but if anyone knows of a Support Group for owners of both halves of the Burrow-Chase stack, I'll take a DM.
Had the duo in a FFPC ME, just a $2k entry fee is all. That teams going to bug me for awhile. Crushed the last 5 rounds with Puka, Kyren, Jerome Ford and Hunt. Got a solid Jonathan Taylor discount at the 6/7 turn and some other good stuff. But I also have Higgins and won't be making the playoffs. Lesson learned, never go Full Bengal.

But I have been more bummed about fact I got, or should say had, a team that entered the week in 9th place out of 16,800 teams in the FFPC Fantasy Pro's contest and the team was crushing it the last few weeks and soaring up the overall standings. That team has Andrews and Chase. Million dollar dream over.

How's it going for people? I originally picked up Freiermuth, but I put in a bid for Likely and unexpectedly got him ... which cost me my matchup when 'Muth went off against Cinci. This week, with Likely on bye, I had to use another claim to get PF back, and he put up a dud.

Heading into Week 14, I have three potential options: Likely, 'Muth and Waller if he comes back. But I have to drop one of them to pick up a RB. Had initially been thinking I'd ditch Likely, who has shown absolutely nothing this year, but Pickett's injury plus the tough NE matchup has me rethinking that. (Also, I'm already using Diontae, and I'd really prefer to not have my playoff hopes hanging on Mitch Freakin' Trubisky supporting two fantasy-relevant targets). Hopefully Waller is off IR -- with Tyrod throwing him the ball -- and I don't have to start either of them

Traded Andrews for McBride in a keeper league where I'd be unlikely to be able to keep either but other guy might. Not complaining.

How's it going for people? I originally picked up Freiermuth, but I put in a bid for Likely and unexpectedly got him ... which cost me my matchup when 'Muth went off against Cinci. This week, with Likely on bye, I had to use another claim to get PF back, and he put up a dud.

Heading into Week 14, I have three potential options: Likely, 'Muth and Waller if he comes back. But I have to drop one of them to pick up a RB. Had initially been thinking I'd ditch Likely, who has shown absolutely nothing this year, but Pickett's injury plus the tough NE matchup has me rethinking that. (Also, I'm already using Diontae, and I'd really prefer to not have my playoff hopes hanging on Mitch Freakin' Trubisky supporting two fantasy-relevant targets). Hopefully Waller is off IR -- with Tyrod throwing him the ball -- and I don't have to start either of them
Over/Under for the Patriots Steelers game is near record low for points. Muth would be a desperation play

Over/Under for the Patriots Steelers game is near record low for points. Muth would be a desperation play
Heard a stat today that the Pats are the first team since like the 1930s to hold three consecutive opponents to 10 points or less and lose all three. They've given up a total of 26 in that span (and only scored 13)

Heard a stat today that the Pats are the first team since like the 1930s to hold three consecutive opponents to 10 points or less and lose all three. They've given up a total of 26 in that span (and only scored 13)
There are two teams that have given up less than 50 points since week 9. The 49ers, who are 4-0, and the Patriots, who are 0-4.

There are two teams that have given up less than 50 points since week 9. The 49ers, who are 4-0, and the Patriots, who are 0-4.
Also, even though they got shut out, they still covered the spread. When was the last time that happened?

Users who are viewing this thread