What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How to lower my Verizon bill for TV, Internet and Phone? (1 Viewer)

Klimtology

Footballguy
Hey, 

Anyone from NY and have advice for getting a lower contract from Verizon? I'm currently paying $235 and they are offering $183 for a two year contract.

How much of a discount can I get if I tell them I'm cancelling service in order to switch to Optimum?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cancel the TV and phone. Everyone has cell phones. If you need live TV, get a streaming service.
And don't use Verizon for the cell phone.  Although they are probably the best provider as far as service goes, they are also the most expensive.

Thanks to experts in another thread, I just cancelled Verizon phone and TV.  Streaming is the way to go.

I have FioS Internet for $70/month.  It could be less, but with kids playing Fortnight I needed a really good connection.  Then I pay $40 for YouTube TV.  So for $110 I get plenty.  YouTubeTV and Hulu have all the channels you need.  Either of those works great.  It's more about which interface you like the best.

My old Verizon bill was $254/month.  So saving about $140/month.  And now I have no ugly cable boxes or wires to look at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to experts in another thread, I just cancelled Verizon phone and TV.  Streaming is the way to go.

I have FioS Internet for $70/month.  It could be less, but with kids playing Fortnight I needed a really good connection.  Then I pay $40 for YouTube TV.  So for $110 I get plenty.  YouTubeTV and Hulu have all the channels you need.  Either of those works great.  It's more about which interface you like the best.

My old Verizon bill was $254/month.  So saving about $140/month.  And now I have no ugly cable boxes or wires to look at.
What about sports and the recording of those sports?

Called Optimum and they have a 'premium package' that has all the same channels for $142.95!

2 years no contract.

This is gonna be tough for Verizon to beat.

That being said I think I prefer Verizon all things being equal.

Called Optimum and they have a 'premium package' that has all the same channels for $142.95!

2 years no contract.

This is gonna be tough for Verizon to beat.

That being said I think I prefer Verizon all things being equal.
Only way to save money is to switch every two years. It sucks but it is what it is. Or you can cut the cord (something Im not interested in).

Just got off the phone with Verizion...

And they said the best they can do is $200 a month.

Anyone have any experience with Optimum? How's the internet speed etc?

Just got off the phone with Verizion...

And they said the best they can do is $200 a month.

Anyone have any experience with Optimum? How's the internet speed etc?
What department did you talk to? Retention has the best deals besides the house to house for new customers. 

Optimum is the old at&t??

If you have a spouse with same name, “move out” (cancel service) and let them “move in” to get the “new subscriber” discount.  Worked for me to drop the bill and as a bonus, we got whatever VISA prepaid card offer that was going at the time.  Down time was six hours - used phone hotspot that day during outage for internet.

What about sports and the recording of those sports?
Sorry I didn't get to this.

YouTube TV has about the same lineup as Hulu.  I get all the Sports I need. You can add the NFL package for like $10/month but I don't.  Here's the channels for all the streaming services, but I think it's old and the NFL Red Zone is available.  I watch golf and basketball a lot, YouTube TV and Hulu are the best for those.  https://www.cnet.com/news/live-tv-streaming-services-channel-lineups-compared/

YouTube TV (unlike Hulu) comes with 3 simultaneous streams so you can have 3 TVs on (Hulu only has 2) and YouTube TV comes with DVR capabilities.  I like the YouTube TV interface better.  But I could see some liking Hulu.  There's apparently a nit from the movie geeks about YouTube TV that if you record something that is available via their On Demand, then you can't skip the commercials.  I haven't run into it yet though.

Users who are viewing this thread