What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HQ Trivia (1 Viewer)

Brony

Footballguy
Who's doing this?  Anyone won yet?  I just started about a week ago.  I think the furthest I've got is Question 8. 

I get physically angry watching people play this. 

They offer paltry prizes in the low thousands while filling multiple questions with product placements/company references as  a completely engaged audience of like 500K stares at them for 30 seconds. If these guys aren't making millions it's ridiculous. 

Yes I'm jealous I didn't think of it. 

I've played a few times but 6 questions is my limit.  I was actually excited when I got to the 6th question, as I used to bow out around 4.   :bag:

I like seeing on Twitter that the winners are excited on their $1.68 winfall after successfully answering 12 questions over their phone.  :lmao:

i don't know what the #### you are talking about.
this is probably sarcasm, but whatever. 

Free app on Android/Apple

2 contests per day (3PM | 9PM EST)

Contests are real time - you have to play at the set times.

Each contest is 12 questions. General Trivia. Multiple Choice w 3 options.  You have 10 seconds to answer.  

Get one q wrong and you're out. You have to get all 12 correct to win.  Winners split pot that is usually $2,000 but occassionally 10,000. 

Most games have 700,000 to a million playing.  Usually ends with 100 to ~1,500 splitting pot.   Just played one with 700,000 to start and around 70 ended. 

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
I got up to 9 once, but my average is probably 5 or 6.

I was surprised to see Jimmy Kimmel hosting one night. I was more surprised that he played it completely straight and didn't even try to make any jokes - unlike the hacks that usually host and make cornball jokes.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is probably sarcasm, but whatever. 

Most games have 700,000 to a million playing.
Despite the numbers that play ... I'd bet if I went to the grocery and asked 100 randoms "What is HQ Trivia?", I doubt more than 4 or 5 would know. Maybe 25/100 on a college campus?

It ain't Angry Birds or Candy Crush yet.

They offer paltry prizes in the low thousands while filling multiple questions with product placements/company references as  a completely engaged audience of like 500K stares at them for 30 seconds. If these guys aren't making millions it's ridiculous. 

I just read an article where they claim they don't make any money: "Rus Yusupov, one of the app’s co-founders, told Variety that he’s seen “a ton of interest from brands and agencies who want to collaborate,” but they’ve never had any sponsored content or questions."

The largest crock of #### I've ever heard. 

It's mainly been available on iOS platforms.  I believe it only became available on Android around the New Year.  

I heard of it from Seacrest on NYE, so I checked it out.  It's not widely advertised, so I'm not surprised many haven't heard about it yet.  Just last week they were having server issues when attendance reached over 750k during one of the games.  They have since corrected it, but sharing as it shows that they are anticipating larger numbers and may start advertising more heavily soon.

Played for a little bit but hated the host and the bugginess. Quit for good after the NYE fiasco. Great idea, horrible execution.

It is pretty buggy, last night question 1 just never appeared for me, automatic elimination. But it's a fun diversion.  We've made playing HQ a family ritual every night, where me, my wife and our two kids gather up on the couch and all play on our own phones. 

It is pretty buggy, last night question 1 just never appeared for me, automatic elimination. But it's a fun diversion.  We've made playing HQ a family ritual every night, where me, my wife and our two kids gather up on the couch and all play on our own phones. 
Ah, the good old days, when the family gathered around the only radio and listened to their favorite radio shows...

we do the same (though it's only been a week).  Doing it only once or twice per day with live audience makes it more interesting than other trivia apps I've done. This one will likely get stale too, but I like it for now. 

we do the same (though it's only been a week).  Doing it only once or twice per day with live audience makes it more interesting than other trivia apps I've done. This one will likely get stale too, but I like it for now. 
We've been playing for 3 months, if it were just me by myself I might have bailed by now. But it's more fun playing with others. I could see if you play at work with a bunch of other people, it could be a huge advantage in trying to answer the harder, more obscure questions that need some really specific knowledge. 

My family enjoys playing it most nights.  I've made it to question 9 twice I think.  They had over 1 million playing the 9pm game last night, which is the highest I've ever seen.

Been playing with my wife and son for the past week or so. I made it to question 10 last night but I had an extra life. I my mom and dad hooked on it now too so we usually Facetime each other afterwards to discuss.

The more people that play with you the better (like in the same room so you can compare). Between the three of us, if we have absolutely no clue on the answer, each of us picks a different one and we are guaranteed at least one is moving on. 

When I got to the 10th question, there were probably 5-6 I absolutely knew, 2-3 that I could eliminate at least one answer and 2 that I probably just flat out guessed (I think I got both of those wrong)

Have they done any product placement yet? I have seen a few instances where they pause in between questions but are only pimping their own game. I'm assuming they are using that time to test how they will eventually have some product placement but I haven't seen anything yet.

Played for a little bit but hated the host and the bugginess. Quit for good after the NYE fiasco. Great idea, horrible execution.
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think Scott Rogowsky is pretty entertaining.  I will definitely agree that the lag and bugginess has been quite annoying at times though.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think Scott Rogowsky is pretty entertaining.  I will definitely agree that the lag and bugginess has been quite annoying at times though.
I think he has some talent but needs to dial it back. It's possible I'm being overly harsh, he's doing a lot of improv I'm sure so of course not every joke is going to be a gem.

I can't promise this will be my last bad beat story, but....  Tonight they expanded to 15 questions and we got successfully to Q 14.   About 150 people got to this question, but only 40 advanced.  Pot was 15,000 so by math, we lost 1,000,000 by missing that stupid Pro-activ question # 14.  We would have likely got Q15 right observing it.  Only 7 people won, splitting $15K.  

Have they done any product placement yet? I have seen a few instances where they pause in between questions but are only pimping their own game. I'm assuming they are using that time to test how they will eventually have some product placement but I haven't seen anything yet.
I've probably only played 5 or 6 times and each time there was at least 3 questions that contained a reference to a company or a specific brand name. If you're J&J, how much would you be willing to pay to have 500K people spend 45 seconds discussing the year that Band-Aids (tm) first became waterproof?

I've probably only played 5 or 6 times and each time there was at least 3 questions that contained a reference to a company or a specific brand name. If you're J&J, how much would you be willing to pay to have 500K people spend 45 seconds discussing the year that Band-Aids (tm) first became waterproof?
Ah, I see what you mean. Not overly blatant, but a pseudo-ad spot nonetheless. 

Play on occasion. Always wondered what their revenue stream would be. The name brands in questions makes total sense. A lot of captive eyes with little overhead.

Played this afternoon.  Technical glitch on q3 about snoopy--the answers never appeared on my screen and I was eliminated.   :violin:

Played this afternoon.  Technical glitch on q3 about snoopy--the answers never appeared on my screen and I was eliminated.   :violin:
Got # 3 right (Beagle).....got distracted and was eliminated on #4...

Nicolas Cage  :wall:

I played last night for the first time, the Shakespeare pickle question knocked me out - which was fine, because the next question was about three people I had never heard of from the Hills.  

I played last night for the first time, the Shakespeare pickle question knocked me out - which was fine, because the next question was about three people I had never heard of from the Hills.  
Was the answer that they had never been in your kitchen?

I always miss when these games start. 
3pm and 9pm EST Monday through Friday, and then just the 9PM EST game on Saturday and Sunday (but bigger prize pool generally)

The app should notify you a couple of minutes before game time, but sometimes mine does not. 

Yeah this sucks.  I always seem to miss the time it starts, and when it does start, you have to listen to some nimrod speak for 10 minutes before it actually begins.  

Interesting article about HQ  Seems like the founders are pretty sketchy individuals.  No one really gets paid.  You have to total $20 in winnings before ever getting paid AND that has to happen and if you don't do it within 90 days, you forfeit the winnings.  From the payouts I have seen, one would have to win several times to get paid

Users who are viewing this thread