What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

http://www.trademichaelvick.com/ (1 Viewer)

funny but futileArthur Blank and the Falcons have committed WAY too much for this.Hell, he's the face of the franchise, if not the NFL. He puts butts in the seats. And that's the bottom line.

A year older than Eli, and going into his third year in the west coast offense. Now's the perfect time to get rid of him.

This would be funny if it wasn't true.I think if I was a fan of the Falcons I would be seriously motivated to do a website like this, especially when you have a stud backup QB like Schaub, who is probably going to be traded one day for a second round pick. And it will be a steal for whoever gets him.

I was wondering...How many Pro Bowls had Brett Favre made when he was Vick's current age?How many ProBowls had HOFer Steve Young played in his first 7 NFL seasons? :11:

No matter how good or bad Vick is, hes a cash cow, likely soley responsible for tens of millions of income for the Falcons. He'll be a Falcon for the useful part of his career.

Bottom line in the NFL is making a profit. Vick makes the Falcons loads of money, he isn't going anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
a stud backup QB like Schaub
:lmao: Schaub 66 for 134 with a 49.3% completion percentage

Vick 726 for 1342 with a 54.1% completion percentage

Schaub 825 yards on 134 attempts for a 6.2 YPA

Vick 9031 yards on 1342 attempts for a 6.7 YPA

Schaub 5 TDs on 134 attempts

Vick 51 TDs on 1342 attempts

Schaub 4 INTs on 134 attempts

Vick 39 INTs on 1342 attempts

Schaub 5:4 TD: INT

Vick 51:39 TD: INT

Schaub 17 rushes for 102 yards and 0 TDs, a 6 YPC, and fewer than 20 yards per game

Vick 403 rushes for 2844 yards and 19 TDs, a 7.1 YPC, and over 40 yards per game

Vick: 8-7 as starter

Schaub: 0-1 as starter

2004: 11-4 as starter

Fun facts: The Falcons have never won a game that Schaub started. In fact, they've never won a game that Schaub attempted 15 passes. They are 3-7 in games in which Schaub has attempted even one pass, including a win vs. Oakland when Schaub was 0-1 for 0 yards with no rushing.

Vick: 0-6 vs winning teams this year ( 0-7 if you count the GB game ) Scaub: 0-1 vs winning teams ( vs NE ..had a 112 passer rating, 298yds 3TDs )Face it, the guy was/is/willbe overrated. Nothing more then a marketing ploy

a stud backup QB like Schaub
:lmao: Schaub 66 for 134 with a 49.3% completion percentage

Vick 726 for 1342 with a 54.1% completion percentage

Schaub 825 yards on 134 attempts for a 6.2 YPA

Vick 9031 yards on 1342 attempts for a 6.7 YPA

Schaub 5 TDs on 134 attempts

Vick 51 TDs on 1342 attempts

Schaub 4 INTs on 134 attempts

Vick 39 INTs on 1342 attempts

Schaub 5:4 TD: INT

Vick 51:39 TD: INT

Schaub 17 rushes for 102 yards and 0 TDs, a 6 YPC, and fewer than 20 yards per game

Vick 403 rushes for 2844 yards and 19 TDs, a 7.1 YPC, and over 40 yards per game

Vick: 8-7 as starter

2004: 11-4 as starter

Fun facts: The Falcons have never won a game that Schaub started. In fact, they've never won a game that Schaub attempted 15 passes. They are 3-7 in games in which Schaub has attempted even one pass, including a win vs. Oakland when Schaub was 0-1 for 0 yards with no rushing.
You can throw out all the number you want to, but they hold no relevance because Vick is the one getting all the first team reps in practice, and Schaub only plays when Vick is hurt. It's impossible to make a statistical comparison of the two when the sample size is so different.Schaub looks like a real QB when he plays, and would be a lot more successful when he has a coaching staff with a vested interest in his success, which the Falcons do not currently.

He is going to be a starting QB the day the Falcons decide to trade him, and a damn good one at that.

Vick: 0-6 vs winning teams this year ( 0-7 if you count the GB game )

Scaub: 0-1 vs winning teams ( vs NE ..had a 112 passer rating, 298yds 3TDs )

Face it, the guy was/is/willbe overrated. Nothing more then a marketing ploy
That's not true. Vick's Falcons beat the Vikings and Dolphins, and lost to the Seahawks, Bucs, Panthers, and the Bears in the cold. That's 2-6 against teams with winning records. But don't let that distract from your Vick hate. Vick has had a winning record every year he's been an NFL starter. The team's record without him during that stretch is abysmal.

It would be nice if he beat the Bucs, Panthers and Bears this year, but all three of those 11-5 playoff teams had good games and beat the Falcons, as did the 13-3 Seahawks. You really can't fault him for losing to those teams.

You can throw out all the number you want to, but they hold no relevance because Vick is the one getting all the first team reps in practice, and Schaub only plays when Vick is hurt. It's impossible to make a statistical comparison of the two when the sample size is so different.
You bring up an interesting point about Schaub not getting the first team reps. Then again, he only looks good against opponents that have prepared for Vick. Here are his stats in his five games with > 5 pass attempts:Opponent prepared for Vick:5 of 14, 39 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTs18 of 34, 298 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INT9 of 13, 110 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTOpponent prepared for Schaub:17 of 41, 188 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs14 of 22, 133 yards, 1 TD, 1 INTIt looks like Schaub's only good when opponents prepare for Vick. When they know he's coming, he's a below 50% passer who throws 160 YPG and 3 INTs per TD.

Funniest thing I saw at the game yesterday: A guy had a Vick jersey and he taped it up to make the 7 look like an 8 and crossed out Vick and put Schaub.

I was wondering...

How many Pro Bowls had Brett Favre made when he was Vick's current age?

How many ProBowls had HOFer Steve Young played in his first 7 NFL seasons?

:11:
How many Pro Bowls has Vick deserved? 1 2002, I believe

Vick: 0-6 vs winning teams this year ( 0-7 if you count the GB game )

Scaub: 0-1 vs winning teams ( vs NE ..had a 112 passer rating, 298yds 3TDs )

Face it, the guy was/is/willbe overrated. Nothing more then a marketing ploy
That's not true. Vick's Falcons beat the Vikings and Dolphins, and lost to the Seahawks, Bucs, Panthers, and the Bears in the cold. That's 2-6 against teams with winning records. But don't let that distract from your Vick hate. Vick has had a winning record every year he's been an NFL starter. The team's record without him during that stretch is abysmal.

It would be nice if he beat the Bucs, Panthers and Bears this year, but all three of those 11-5 playoff teams had good games and beat the Falcons, as did the 13-3 Seahawks. You really can't fault him for losing to those teams.
:goodposting:

from the message board, trademichealvick.com and an interesting bit of information

Statistics

There are currently 0 members online, and 3 guests

We have 7 registered users

Our newest member was bostonfred

We have had 1562 visitors since January 1st, 2006

Most users ever online was January 2nd, 2006 with 34 online

A total of 22 posts have been made
Fred gets around. Is he jumping the FBG ship? :nerd:

from the message board, trademichealvick.com and an interesting bit of information

Statistics

There are currently 0 members online, and 3 guests

We have 7 registered users

Our newest member was bostonfred

We have had 1562 visitors since January 1st, 2006

Most users ever online was January 2nd, 2006 with 34 online

A total of 22 posts have been made 
Fred gets around. Is he jumping the FBG ship? :nerd:
They have like eight members and 20 posts in the history of the board. I signed up and copy/pasted one of these posts to see what happens.

I was reading the message boards on that site, and one fan actually wants to trade Vick for Phillip Rivers. Then Vick can be second string to Brees :lmao: :lmao:

I was wondering...

How many Pro Bowls had Brett Favre made when he was Vick's current age?

How many ProBowls had HOFer Steve Young played in his first 7 NFL seasons?

:11:
That's your argument to support Vick? Hey, how many SB rings does Tim Couch have?Comparing Vick to Favre & Young is a blatant joke. Vick has not only not shown a capaicity to improve an appreciable amount, but now he's also shown that he's got a thin skin ( :cry: don't criticize me when all I do is win - wait - :cry: don't criticize me when I play halfway decent but we lose - wait - :cry: you just can't criticize me at all).

Vick has not only not shown a capaicity to improve an appreciable amount
In Vick's second year in the west coast offense, he had his first 300 yard passing game, and four 200+ yard passing games. The previous year, he had 0 300 yarders, and three 200+ yarders. He's 25 years old, learning the most difficult offense in the NFL, and still has carried his team to more wins than losses in every season in the NFL, while every single one of his replacements have miserable records. If he's doing all of this on pure athleticism, as many here claim, then imagine what he can do next year with 1) another year in the offensive system, 2) a third year receiver in Michael Jenkins, who also got off to a slow start, and 3) another year for Gibbs to tweak the offensive line to support Vick's style of play.

Remember, he's only 25 years old.

The Falcons care more about making money then actually winning, which makes M. Vick the perfect QB for them! Falcons fans only hope is that Vick gets hurt and has to retire, otherwise the cap hit they would take to trade him would destroy the team.

www.unmanageablecaphit.com
Not sure about that - I'll see if I can do some research and get back on this. If I remember correctly Vick counted something like usd 20 million against the Falcons cap this year - that should take care of a lot of the bonuses, no?www.dropinmerchandisingandseasonticketincome.com would be more viable IMHO as has also been brought up by other posters

www.unmanageablecaphit.com
Not sure about that - I'll see if I can do some research and get back on this. If I remember correctly Vick counted something like usd 20 million against the Falcons cap this year - that should take care of a lot of the bonuses, no?www.dropinmerchandisingandseasonticketincome.com would be more viable IMHO as has also been brought up by other posters
I haven't been able to find the exact numbers yet but foud this little tidbit on falcfans.comLink

One of the issues of salary cap conflict of course arises from the team's highest paid player in Michael Vick, as his $130 million contract signed this past December was the largest in NFL history. With Vick's lofty status on the payroll, the Falcons will find it difficult to navigate the salary cap waters this year and in future years.

He is a horrible QB. Great RB, but horrible QB. WR's go there to end their careers.
Tim Brown? Jerry Rice?Oh, you mean Dez White or Peerless Price....
I'm pretty sure he meant WR's that go there when Vick is the QB. I think TO would fit in nice with the offensive scheme of things.

funny but futile

Arthur Blank and the Falcons have committed WAY too much for this.

Hell, he's the face of the franchise, if not the NFL. He puts butts in the seats. And that's the bottom line.
And all those butts started to leave during the 2nd QTR and half-time on Sunday. I wasn't happy about getting up early on New Year's Day, spending $$ on parking and food, to watch the Falcon's only show up to collect a paycheck. All of the Panther fans had really great seats during the 2nd half.

Just one short year ago Vick was one game away from leading his team to the Superbowl.He plays badly on the road against top notch defenses in cold weather. Most every QB has trouble in those conditions.

Just one short year ago the Defense and the three-headed Falcon's rushing attack was one game away from leading this team to the Superbowl, after a cupcake regular season schedule.

He plays badly on the road against top notch defenses in cold weather. Most every QB has trouble in those conditions.
Fixed

Never been a Vick fan. A RB trying to be a QB just never seems to work. What's funnier, I listen to the radio every day while making the rounds, and the 2 biggest Vick apologists, Colin Cowherd and Erik Kasilias (sp?) on ESPN radio are still madly in love with the guy. Makes me wanna puke. Give me Brady, Manning or Palmer every day of the week and 3 times on Sunday over Vick. :yucky: For that matter, I would even take the local QB, Plummer over Vick. Unless Vick decided he would switch to RB or WR.

Two things have always nagged me about Vick. One, I see very little to show that's he's a student of the game which is preposterous when it's obvious that his knowledge of what to do is his weakness NOT his physical ability to DO it. His sideline behavior during games cetainly does not engender confidence that he understands what it will take to get better.Second is the air of entitlement he seems to carry like a magic cape. He often talks as though people don't understand how Great he REALLY is. You can just see him thinking to himself, haven't these jokers ever BEEN ME in Madden, I'm da Bomb! Every great QB has an ego but not many in recent history seem to so in love with themselves. He's even being a great role model for his little brother, did anyone see the "I'm Entitled" stomp on the leg of the NCAA'a leading sacker by little brother Marcus Gator Bowl? How dare him not realize he was trying to touch a VICK!

Users who are viewing this thread