What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hypothetically speaking, if Boldin goes to the Eagles... (1 Viewer)

Dry H

Footballguy
A Boldin to the Eagles deal would put McNabb solidly back in the top 4 QB's and a huge value to anyone that has recently drafted or about to draft. All McNabb is missing is someone to throw the ball to. This would also upgrade Westbrook and LJ Smith as well.

How much would Sullivan's value increase if he were traded to the Niners?

Pennington's if he were traded to the Dolphins?

How about if he went to the Cowboys?!

OMG!!11!!!!1

A Boldin to the Eagles deal would put McNabb solidly back in the top 4 QB's and a huge value to anyone that has recently drafted or about to draft. All McNabb is missing is someone to throw the ball to. This would also upgrade Westbrook and LJ Smith as well.
Similarly, if the Texans traded for Boldin, I believe that would help Matt Schaub. I haven't worked out the impact I'd foresee on guys like Owen Daniels and even Steve Slaton yet. Be right back.

I agree.If they got Randy Moss and Braylon Edwards, that may help as well.
These aren't being rumored... :goodposting:
There's no Boldin to the Eagles rumors either.There are, however, Philly fans and radio personalities speculating about Boldin (and any other WR that makes a little noise). Boldin is signed for three more years, at a nice price. He has no leverage, and has no plans to hold out, and has a starting QB that could really use him around.I'll save you time: Lito + draft pick? Not getting it done.

These aren't being rumored... :goodposting:
Neither is yours. Boldin wants a trade. That's all that is being rumored/reported.
Funny how you use "rumored/reported" in your last sentence... They aren't the same thing, you know...Technically, by definition, the OP saying it makes it a rumor. Boldin wants a trade is not a rumor -- it is a fact -- he has said it and it's on video I believe...

OK, let's get past the "this is unlikely to occur" schtick. We're certainly not above speculation on this forum. If this happens to be a topic you don't care to speculate on, so be it; there are hundreds of other active threads that could use your attention.

These aren't being rumored... :thumbdown:
Neither is yours. Boldin wants a trade. That's all that is being rumored/reported.
Funny how you use "rumored/reported" in your last sentence... They aren't the same thing, you know...Technically, by definition, the OP saying it makes it a rumor. Boldin wants a trade is not a rumor -- it is a fact -- he has said it and it's on video I believe...
I'm well aware of the differences. I was stating both reported AND rumored because it gives the OP more leeway to have SOME kind of basis.A couple of shmucks have tossed out the idea of Boldin to the Eagles. This was based upon nothing but some sports dj noticing Boldin wants out of Arizona and the Eagles needing a wr.

OK, let's get past the "this is unlikely to occur" schtick. We're certainly not above speculation on this forum. If this happens to be a topic you don't care to speculate on, so be it; there are hundreds of other active threads that could use your attention.
I'm usually not one to say anything about these speculations. Nor do I care about the memory being used in order to keep this thread open.....but c'mon....it's not like it's some questionable skill player or a lineman or something marginal that might affect McNabb's production.

[These aren't being rumored... :thumbdown:
There's no Boldin to the Eagles rumors either.There are, however, Philly fans and radio personalities speculating about Boldin (and any other WR that makes a little noise).
Call it whatever you want. But John Clayton reported the Eagles were interested in trading for Boldin, but that the Cardinals were not likely to trade him.ETA - There's a second interested team, but i can't remember who. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
[These aren't being rumored...

;)
There's no Boldin to the Eagles rumors either.There are, however, Philly fans and radio personalities speculating about Boldin (and any other WR that makes a little noise).
Call it whatever you want. But John Clayton reported the Eagles were interested in trading for Boldin, but that the Cardinals were not likely to trade him.ETA - There's a second interested team, but i can't remember who. :bag:
The Eagles have been reported to be interested in Boldin (already), Ocho Cinco, Fitzgerald, and on and on. That doesn't mean there's a "Boldin to the Eagles" rumor. You can call it whatever you want, but a rumor like that needs a team willing to move him. The Cards have been pretty consistent in their stance.

I agree.

If they got Randy Moss and Braylon Edwards, that may help as well.
These aren't being rumored... ;)
X
If you're going to post a rumor at least state where you're hearing such rumors from.
I did not see it, but Chris Morteson apparently showed up at some point during Monday Night Countdown and reported that Boldin wants a trade and the Eagles were interested and willing to part with Sheppard. Maybe someone that watched could confirm? Of course this may not be what Dry H is referring to.

spoken like a hopeful Eagle fan.... ;)

I think the problem JW is that the thread title suggests this is more than pire speculation. I wouldn't have bothered clicking on it if I'd know what it was about, and I suspect it will get tons of clicks based on the fact that people will think they missed something and that there are some kind of real discussions about Boldin to Philly.

:hot: CARDS WON’T TRADE BOLDIN

Posted by Mike Florio on August 19, 2008, 7:15 a.m. EDT

As the cold war between receiver Anquan Boldin and the Arizona Cardinals flares up, the Cardinals have reiterated their position.

They won’t trade Boldin.

Per Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic, the team’s stance hasn’t changed, despite news that Boldin isn’t talking to coach Ken Whisehunt.

Somers also reports that Boldin could leave camp, even though he has said that he plans to honor his contract.

There’s also an interesting pissing match unfolding between Boldin and Whisenhunt. Boldin confirmed on Monday that he isn’t talking to Whisenhunt. Earlier, however, Whisenhunt denied our report that the two men aren’t on speaking terms.

The root of the problem continues to be the disparity between the contract of receiver Larry Fitzgerald and Boldin’s deal. Fitzgerald is making $10 million per year. Boldin is earning less than a third of it, and Somers reports that the team’s last offer to Boldin was worth 50 percent of Fitzgerald’s contract.

And because they’re, you know, the Cardinals, they don’t realize the problems they’ve created by paying two similar players so differently.

But surely they realized that, when they were trying to figure out how to deal with the crippling cap numbers contained in the final two years of Fitzgerald’s rookie deal, they were essentially making a choice between Fitzgerald and Boldin.

Basically, the Cards are smart enough to realize that they can’t pay market value to two elite receivers. But they’re apparently not smart enough to realize that they can’t pay market value to one of them and keep both of them happy.

So, suddenly, this one has the potential to become a T.O.-style mess, with the player apparently hoping to force a trade by becoming a pain in the butt. This time around, however, it’s going to be harder for us to fault the player.

--

Chill out Iggles fans..... not going to happen this year either.

Why the harsh tone towards the original poster? This very trade was mentioned during last night's Giants/Browns game. Even though its likelihood was viewed with skepticism, many people (both pundits and posters here) expressed more skepticism about Chris Henry's return to the Bengals or Favre leaving Green Bay.

The original poster's question - would the trade move McNabb into the Top 4? - actually is worth discussion, in my opinion. I thought the shark pool was trying to amp down the vitriol.

I think the problem JW is that the thread title suggests this is more than pire speculation. I wouldn't have bothered clicking on it if I'd know what it was about, and I suspect it will get tons of clicks based on the fact that people will think they missed something and that there are some kind of real discussions about Boldin to Philly.
:hot: I'm gonna go start a thread about the Vikings agreeing to swap entire offensive lines with New England in exchange for a $100 gift card to Starbucks. Wonder what impact that would have on Brady/Maroney :eek:

Not much. Boldin won't be able to make McNabb stay healthy any longer.
i would mostly agree with this.boldin might help a little, but the eagles are going to throw all the time no matter who the WRs are. if people believed in mcnabbs to be healthy and be on the field all season, his value would already be much higher than it is.

PFT

NO BOLDIN-FOR-SHEPPARD TRADE IS IN THE WORKS

Posted by Mike Florio on August 19, 2008, 3:07 p.m.

Despite apparent rumors to the contrary, we’re told that the Cardinals and the Eagles presently are not discussing a trade that would send receiver Anquan Boldin to Philly and cornerback Lito Sheppard to Arizona.

That said, such a move would make sense. Boldin wants out of Arizona, and Sheppard wants out of Philadelphia. The Eagles need a receiver and the Cardinals’ defense can use any help it can get.

The Cardinals have said that they won’t be trading Boldin. The Eagles previously dangled Sheppard, but might be inclined to keep him for the season given Asante Samuel’s hamstring problems.

Why the harsh tone towards the original poster? This very trade was mentioned during last night's Giants/Browns game. Even though its likelihood was viewed with skepticism, many people (both pundits and posters here) expressed more skepticism about Chris Henry's return to the Bengals or Favre leaving Green Bay.The original poster's question - would the trade move McNabb into the Top 4? - actually is worth discussion, in my opinion. I thought the shark pool was trying to amp down the vitriol.
:popcorn: And there are going to be some people feeling pretty foolish if such a trade occurs. I've seen this rumor on many fronts, not just here, and I've been seeing it for months. Of course the Cardinals are denying anything going on. Teams usually do, until a deal is done. It's standard operating procedure. I don't know if I believe anything will happen, but to trash the OP for wanting to discuss it is wrong IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread