What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am starting ________________over CJ4 in week 2? (1 Viewer)

cheesedoodle

Footballguy
After last week and the weak preseason anyone blenching Chris Johnson and if so for WHO? I am considering starting Alfred Morris over him. Hard to sit my first round pick for a guy I never heard of a month ago but seriously thinking about it.

You drafted CJ in the 1st round and you're sitting him for a guy who was a late-round flyer before week 1...and you're doing this after 1 week of games. Think about it.

I'm not saying that there's no way Morris > CJ, but if you're playing the odds, the mantra of ASYS (Always Start Your Studs) holds here. CJ was worthy of a 1st round pick. It takes more than 1 game to take that away.

As it stands now, I have SJax / AJ / Dez and Nelson in my starting lineup in a non-PPR. May be changing by the time Sunday rolls around ... it's gonna be a long and frustrating year. :(

You drafted CJ in the 1st round and you're sitting him for a guy who was a late-round flyer before week 1...and you're doing this after 1 week of games. Think about it.

I'm not saying that there's no way Morris > CJ, but if you're playing the odds, the mantra of ASYS (Always Start Your Studs) holds here. CJ was worthy of a 1st round pick. It takes more than 1 game to take that away.
Apparently it takes an entire career in CJ's case. This guy has been routine pedestrian for over a year now. I mean, i get it. He CAN blow up every now and then so it like a fun lottery ticket.But the blueprint is laid out on this guy: he's feast or famine. Why does he continue to get 5 threads a weeks and people act like they are SHOCKED this is happening? This is akin to posting a thread that says "Brees scored a BUNCH last week! Should I start him this week over ______?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Apparently it takes an entire career in CJ's case. This guy has been routine pedestrian for over a year now. I mean, i get it. He CAN blow up every now and then so it like a fun lottery ticket.But the blueprint is laid out on this guy: he's feast or famine. Why does he continue to get 5 threads a weeks and people act like they are SHOCKED this is happening? This is akin to posting a thread that says "Brees scored a BUNCH last week! Should I start him this week over ______?"
Agree re. Feast or Famine. I think the bigger question should be "Is a player like CJ worthy of a 1st round pick?"To me, no way. I probably have a higher-than-average draft emphasis on consistency. I almost always have guys like CJ, DeSean Jackson, other "big play guys" lower than the rest of my league simply because I'd rather have a guy who will put up 12 points a week consistently than a guy who puts up 25 one week, and 2 the next. It's just a personal thing.

The bottom line is that if you draft a guy like that, you had better be committed to starting him week in and week out because if you bench him and he goes off, you may have missed 15% of his total season points.

Definitely not a gamble to play cj spiller over CJ.4k

I have no doubt whatsoever that CJ will have a few games this year where he finds a few holes and puts up a nice stat line like 150 yds rushing, 50 yds rec, and a td. I am willling to risk missing out on those games in order to save myself from having to endure the 6-8 games in between those like this past sunday. CJ is the desean jackson of RBs now. No longer a must start. a matchup play, and even then we dont know which cj shows up now that he got paid last year. Im starting to believe that the shark move is to pick up D. reynaud and stash him (definitely in dynasty leagues, which is where I own cj). I mean, how much longer does Munch-### keep playing this turd if he continues to dance at the line of scrimmage waiting for a hole to open and getting tackled for negative yardage?

OK fine we get it...the o line sucks and is a big part of the problem...well ill tell you whats easier to do than repairing your o line issues: START A RB WHO CAN GET THE TOUGH YARDS AND MAKE SOMETHING OUT OF NOTHING.

As someone who drafted him, I'm going to keep starting him. I think if you took CJ, despite last season, you're a believer that he can still be a top guy. It's the same people who drafted Mike Vick. I'm not happy about starting CJ, but I'm not going to bench a guy I took in the 1st or 2nd round off of one bad game. And for anyone who says "well he sucked last year, too!" He wasn't great, but he was still a few points outside of the top 15. If all you're going to do is draft based on last year's results, you probably won't have the best team the following year. I could be 100% wrong and he could be a huge bust, but I'm not abandoning ship after a week where he was hit in the backfield 8 of the 11 times he got a carry thanks to a poor o-line.

Agree re. Feast or Famine. I think the bigger question should be "Is a player like CJ worthy of a 1st round pick?"To me, no way. I probably have a higher-than-average draft emphasis on consistency. I almost always have guys like CJ, DeSean Jackson, other "big play guys" lower than the rest of my league simply because I'd rather have a guy who will put up 12 points a week consistently than a guy who puts up 25 one week, and 2 the next. It's just a personal thing.

The bottom line is that if you draft a guy like that, you had better be committed to starting him week in and week out because if you bench him and he goes off, you may have missed 15% of his total season points.
Good way of stating it. CJ owners really do have to continue to exercise the same faith in startign him every week that they had in taking him so high because of the reason you mentioned.

I just traded FOR CJ4, and have the ability to use him as a #3 RB in a 10 team dynasty league (with Rice and Spiller), and I'm not sure I'm going to use him in that last flex spot. Other options include the WR I normally wouldn't start between Nicks/D Thomas/V Jax.

He's boned my team for two years now. Getting an itchy trade finger. ....Benson? It's all I have, so I'll go w CJ4.

I've got Ridley in for him right now, based upon the Arizona matchup. I hate sitting him this early, I'll probably go back and forth a few times before Sunday. That's my league where I'm going to have annoying RB decisions (have McFadden, but then I'll have to pick between CJ, Ridley, and Matthews as my RB2)

I'd start Morris over him in a heartbeat. But I have to admit, I would have never considered taking him in the first round of a draft, so obviously you have higher expectations for him to begin with.

I'd start Morris over him in a heartbeat. But I have to admit, I would have never considered taking him in the first round of a draft, so obviously you have higher expectations for him to begin with.
looks like everyone is pretty down on him but many feel that if you take him in the 1st you have to stick with him in wk2. I have SJax and CJ4 and thought I was set at RB since we start only two...I grabbed Morris and he looks like a great pick...would you start him over either of SJax of CJ4 this week?

Alfred Morris

In another league, I own Kevin Smith though so I have to start CJ. Actually relieved I own him because of SF defense.

I drafted him in the 5th spot , not happy but I have Charles and Martin do I will consider CJ my flex and he is ok as a flex for now , well see, maybe bench him for Steve Johnson

MIKE SIMS-WALKER ‏@MikeSimsWalker

PSA: I need everyone of to say a prayer for @ChrisJohnson28 he lost his grandmother a few min ago and has to find a way to play today!!

As Maurile said, heads up: Johnson just found out his grandmother passed. Thoughts and prayers to his family. His focus could be elsewhere today.

I cut CJ4yds earlier this week and promoted Ridley from my Taxi Squad to the Active Roster. My other RB's are Jamaal Charles, Marshawn Lynch and Shonn Greene.

It's a 12 team salary cap/contract dynasty league. CJ4yds was in the last year of his deal and tying up 20% of my cap. I decided I'd rather have some cap flexibility and more reliable consistency at the RB position, even though cutting him resulted in a cap penalty of 20% of his salary.

Cutting CJ4yds was either a really smart move since he's so freaking inconsistent, or really stupid. I think I have the depth to pull it off and use his cap dollars wiser at other positions. We'll see if I made the right call as the season plays out.

Chris Johnson's 100 year old grandma died earlier today and he will play. I say don't bench him. He's gonna have a big day for Nanna!

Users who are viewing this thread