What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I have some spare time, let those Fantasy questions rip... (1 Viewer)

Irish3

Footballguy
I have a similar thread elsewhere that I've run for many years, so thought I'd do the same here as well.
If I have time, I'll do the best I can to give my 2 cents and try to help. I know nothing more than any of you but I do know that it feels good to chat about those weekly frustrating decisions and have people to commiserate with and even blame. ;)

I see them all in the same boat. Without considering weather, Wilson would be the #1 choice. However, I'll take Sutton with him having a similar ceiling. I think Hopkins could have trouble against Miami's solid outside corners.

Cowboys D @ BUF
Rams D v. WAS
Raiders D v. LAC

Rode the Cowboys D all season, but this matchup scares me. It’s away, and against the Bills who pile up the points and yards.

Leaning the Raiders as they play Thursday night against a Herbert-less Chargers squad with Allen not practicing this week.

Rams another good option against that WAS offensive line, but I dislike going against a fresh offense coming off a bye.

Thoughts?

Cowboys D @ BUF
Rams D v. WAS
Raiders D v. LAC

Rode the Cowboys D all season, but this matchup scares me. It’s away, and against the Bills who pile up the points and yards.

Leaning the Raiders as they play Thursday night against a Herbert-less Chargers squad with Allen not practicing this week.

Rams another good option against that WAS offensive line, but I dislike going against a fresh offense coming off a bye.

Thoughts?
Hey Q,

Great question and I completely understand your reservation about the Cowboys against the Bills this week. Sure, Allen could provide them some early Christmas gifts but he could put some coal in your stocking as well. For me the Cowboys would be my 3rd option this week and be on my bench.

The Rams are my 2nd choice for exactly why you stated. They should be a top 10 defense this week anyhow but they do present a bit more risk going against a team coming off a bye. I do see Howell as a top 10 QB play going against a bottom tier pass defense.

That leaves me with the Raiders who could be a top 5 defense this week playing against Easton Stick. Stick will throw at least 1 int against this defense that will rank in the top 3rd. The Chargers could have success on the ground against this poorer rush defense, however if there's no threat with the passing game, the Raiders may be able to shut down the ground game as well.

Start the Raiders. GL

Plenty of choices, and I know I'll make the wrong ones without some help!
In a full PPR, need ANY 3 (currently projected to be a very close matchup):

Mixon vs Vikings - he's looked great with Browning, but is will he lose more touches to Brown.
Achane vs Jets - Jets aren't great vs the pass catching RBs, but without an explosive TD, Achane won't win my week.
Gibbs vs Broncos - getting plenty of touches.
Monty vs Broncos - starting to lose more touches.
Kupp vs Commanders - he still appeared to be limping a bit vs Ravens last week, but is he close to 90% now?
Hockenson vs Bengals - Cincy is terrible vs TEs, but Mullens doesn't maximize his TEs as much going back to his time in San Fran.

Plenty of choices, and I know I'll make the wrong ones without some help!
In a full PPR, need ANY 3 (currently projected to be a very close matchup):

Mixon vs Vikings - he's looked great with Browning, but is will he lose more touches to Brown.
Achane vs Jets - Jets aren't great vs the pass catching RBs, but without an explosive TD, Achane won't win my week.
Gibbs vs Broncos - getting plenty of touches.
Monty vs Broncos - starting to lose more touches.
Kupp vs Commanders - he still appeared to be limping a bit vs Ravens last week, but is he close to 90% now?
Hockenson vs Bengals - Cincy is terrible vs TEs, but Mullens doesn't maximize his TEs as much going back to his time in San Fran.

🤣, so let's see if we can screw this up together...

Alright, so you need 3 from those options, here's how I see them.
I'm playing Gibbs, Achane, and Kupp. Really like the 2 RBs matchups better than Mixon against the Vikings and even though Kupp may not be 100%, a 90% Kupp is getting the job done and will do so again this week.

Thanks Irish - injuries have crippled me for this week. We are 1/2 point ppr and we start 1 qb, 2 Rb, 2 Wr, 1 Flex (Rb,Wr,Te) and my only healthy choices this week are:

Mahomes at NE, or Flacco hm vs Chi
Clyde Helaire at NE (possible flex?)
Nico - looks to be trending out, @ Tenn, if he does play?
Flowers @ Jax
Cooks at Buff
Ridley vs Bal
Goedart @ Sea

I'll be starting: Mixon, Kamara, DJ Moore and McBride for sure. So need a QB, Flex, and Wr. Thanks in advance !

Tua up against a tough D and some weather and maybe no or a limited Hill.
I won't be connected near gamtime to know if Hill is active or not.
Do I leave Tua in knowing that,or plug Baker Mayfield in at Green Bay?

Thanks Irish - injuries have crippled me for this week. We are 1/2 point ppr and we start 1 qb, 2 Rb, 2 Wr, 1 Flex (Rb,Wr,Te) and my only healthy choices this week are:

Flowers @ Jax
Cooks at Buff
Ridley vs Bal
Goedart @ Sea

I'll be starting: Mixon, Kamara, DJ Moore and McBride for sure. So need a QB, Flex, and Wr. Thanks in advance !
Hey PM,

I get the Flacco love after last week, but there's no way in hell I'm starting him over Mahomes. I get Mahomes has been rough, along with the entire offense but these are desperate times.

For WR, Flowers would get the start for me and in the flex would be Ridley. I wouldn't hesitate making these choices either.

GL!

Tua up against a tough D and some weather and maybe no or a limited Hill.
I won't be connected near gamtime to know if Hill is active or not.
Do I leave Tua in knowing that,or plug Baker Mayfield in at Green Bay?
Yeah, the weather, plus the possibility of no Hill makes playing Tua very sketchy. I'd plug Mayfield in with a better matchup and better weather situation. They shouldn't be too far apart regardless. Just safer.

Browning or Mullens. 6pt per TD bonus if 40+. (Opponent starting Jefferson, Chandler)

Browning’s DK passing yards have dipped from 243.5 to 230 in one day. Mullens around 244.

Browning or Mullens. 6pt per TD bonus if 40+. (Opponent starting Jefferson, Chandler)

Browning’s DK passing yards have dipped from 243.5 to 230 in one day. Mullens around 244.

I get it that Mullens has the better matchup but I'm starting Browning here. Dude had been on fire and seems super accurate and ready to roll. Passing for 230-240 with 1-2TDs and another 10-15 rushing. Mullens could pop that yardage too but I don't see multiple tds there, nor many rushing yards.

GL

If anyone is interested in a College Bowl Games Pool for $10 -

You are being invited to join 'Let's Go Bowling BF'.

In order to join, you must:

Click on this link and login or create an account: https://www.poolhost.com/joinpool/2/49357/benfranklin

OR

1. Login or create an account at http://www.poolhost.com.

2. Go to the 'Pool Tools' menu and choose 'Join a Private Pool'.

3. To Join the pool you need to enter the Pool ID and Pool Password.

For the Pool ID # type: 49357

For the Pool Password type: benfranklin

4. 'Confirm' to join the pool 'Let's Go Bowling BF'

That's it! The next time you login in to http://www.poolhost.com, you can get back to your pool(s) by going to 'Pool Tools' then 'My Pools' where you'll see all the pools you've joined.

Clicking on a pool name will take you to that pool. You can switch to a different pool by going to 'Pool Tools' then 'My Pools' again at any time.

Flowers @ Jax
Cooks at Buff
Ridley vs Bal
Goedart @ Sea

Hey PM,

I get the Flacco love after last week, but there's no way in hell I'm starting him over Mahomes. I get Mahomes has been rough, along with the entire offense but these are desperate times.

For WR, Flowers would get the start for me and in the flex would be Ridley. I wouldn't hesitate making these choices either.

GL!
Thanks - here's an option that I'm stuck on.

Would it make sense instead of starting McBride vs SF, Start Goedart vs. Sea - the team I'm playing is starting Hurts?

Flowers @ Jax
Cooks at Buff
Ridley vs Bal
Goedart @ Sea

Hey PM,

GL!
Thanks - here's an option that I'm stuck on.

Would it make sense instead of starting McBride vs SF, Start Goedart vs. Sea - the team I'm playing is starting Hurts?
I get the idea of starting a player that will be the recipient of one of your opponent's players. However, ultimately its always smarter to just start guys who will score the most points and I think McBride will do just that and I have and am starting Goedert. Goedert might be a top 10 option but I think McBride is top 3-5. GL

I have a similar thread elsewhere that I've run for many years, so thought I'd do the same here as well.
If I have time, I'll do the best I can to give my 2 cents and try to help. I know nothing more than any of you but I do know that it feels good to chat about those weekly frustrating decisions and have people to commiserate with and even blame. ;)

Click on this link and login or create an account: https://www.poolhost.com/joinpool/2/49357/benfranklin

OR

That's it! The next time you login in to http://www.poolhost.com, you can get back to your pool(s) by going to 'Pool Tools' then 'My Pools' where you'll see all the pools you've joined.

Clicking on a pool name will take you to that pool. You can switch to a different pool by going to 'Pool Tools' then 'My Pools' again at any time.
Defensive/special teams question
Dallas at Buffalo
Or
Indy vs Pitt

OR

Defensive/special teams question
Dallas at Buffalo
Or
Indy vs Pitt
I think I'd start Indy unless the weather is supposed to be terrible in Buffalo, then defenses could thrive.

Thanks for the LV suggestion!

I have already advanced to the next round of the playoffs. My opponent is done, and I’m up by 16 with ETN remaining.

I played LV Defense this week and also have DAL Defense. Both have poor matchups next week.

I’m thinking of dropping D’Ernest Johnson, ETN’s
backup, to select the PHI Defense. I would need to do this prior to tonight’s game. PHI plays NYG and ARI the next two weeks.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the LV suggestion!

I have already advanced to the next round of the playoffs. My opponent is done, and I’m up by 16 with ETN remaining.

I played LV Defense this week and also have DAL Defense. Both have poor matchups next week.

I’m thinking of dropping D’Ernest Johnson, ETN’s
backup, to select the PHI Defense. I would need to do this prior to tonight’s game. PHI plays NYG and ARI the next two weeks.

Thoughts?
That's awesome! Thrilled to hear it! Definitely add the Philly defense so you have a great option.

Still taking questions? You crushed the raiders dst inquiry for the other guy, well done.

This week I can play KC vs said Raiders or Buffalo at LAC. I have Keenan Allen fwiw but not sure that even matters since Herbert is gone. He’s like a WR2/Flex now if he even plays.

This week I can play KC vs said Raiders or Buffalo at LAC. I have Keenan Allen fwiw but not sure that even matters since Herbert is gone. He’s like a WR2/Flex now if he even plays.
The bolded is all that matters in this statement. Buffalo is the easy choice.

Still taking questions? You crushed the raiders dst inquiry for the other guy, well done.

Sure, I'll take questions as long as I'm breathing. I've run an advice thread like this at another site for the list 10 years. It's almost 600 pages long. It's been awesome.

This is a great question because I believe both defenses will be top 5 this week. However, I'm leaning toward Buffalo against Stick.

Thanks to you both, appreciate the feedback. I too am leaning BUF. They are trending up, KC has been mid ever since the loss to PHI.

Looking for some thoughts:

Standard Scoring:

Pick 1 FLEX:
Barkley at Phi
Higgins at Pit
Etienne at TB

Pick 1 D:
Buffalo at LAC
NYJ vs Wash
Denver vs NE

My lineup:
Mahomes
CMC
ARSB
Kupp
FLEX
Kelce
Tucker
D

Appreciate it!

I choose Higgins with no Chase and Pitt secondary in a shamples.

I choose Buffalo as SD has given up unless there are crazy points for sacks. If that is the case then I would lean NYJ because Was is terrible and gives up sacks.

Need some expert advice. 12 team league, 1 PPR, standard scoring, 2nd round of playoffs going up against the league leader who is stacked.

Injuries to Kirk + Dell have left a gaping hole in my WR bench. WW is no man' s land. Need 1 of these long shot WR's to step up, thanks in advance for your help.

Robinson/LAR vs NO - Robinson bailed me out last week. Stafford seems to have a connection with Robinson, , not sure about week 16 play with Tutu Atwell back from concussion protocol.
D. Douglas/NE @ Den - Decent player, bad offense going up against a good defense.
Parker Washington/Jax @TB - Could be an ok fill in against suspect TB secondary
Jamal Agnew/Jax @ TB - If Zay Jones is out, is Agnew the next WR in line after Ridley?
DJ Montgomery/IND @ Atl - Somebody has to catch the ball for Indy???

Which TE
Kraft @ Carolina
or Schultz vs Cle

I can make a case for either TE

Thanks for your help Irish, respect your opinion, happy holidays!

Looking for some thoughts:

Standard Scoring:

Pick 1 FLEX:
Barkley at Phi
Higgins at Pit
Etienne at TB

Pick 1 D:
Buffalo at LAC
NYJ vs Wash
Denver vs NE

My lineup:
Mahomes
CMC
ARSB
Kupp
FLEX
Kelce
Tucker
D

Appreciate it!
Hey Bearsfan,

Being a Standard scoring league, I'd play Etienne or Barkley and I see them similarly ranked, however I'd lean toward Etienne in what should be a closer game.

In regard to the defense, the Broncos and Bills are the 2 I'd pick between and I'll take the Broncos at home as the tie breaker, versus Buffalo on the road. But both should be to 5 plays.

GL!

Full PPR- have to start 2 WR and Flex in another- CeeDee is in, need to choose from Kupp, Nakua, or DeVonta Smith.
Opponenet has Hurts starting if that weighs in on Smith.
Thanks!

Appreciate and enjoy getting opinions from others.
Here's two if anyone has the time:
FFPC scoring:

Team A: Need TWO flexes:

D.Singletary vs Cleve
A.Thielen vs GB
D.Goedert vs NYG
Z.Flowers @ SF

Team B: Need TWO flexes:

D.Wicks @ Car
C.Samuel @ NYJ
T.Lockett @ Tenn
C.Otton vs Jax

I choose Higgins with no Chase and Pitt secondary in a shamples.

I choose Buffalo as SD has given up unless there are crazy points for sacks. If that is the case then I would lean NYJ because Was is terrible and gives up sacks.
No crazy points for sacks .. only 1 pt. I only worry about Buffalo as they are on the road, but guess I can look closer at that.

The Barkley, Etienne, Higgins decision will haunt me

Last edited:
Need some expert advice. 12 team league, 1 PPR, standard scoring, 2nd round of playoffs going up against the league leader who is stacked.

Injuries to Kirk + Dell have left a gaping hole in my WR bench. WW is no man' s land. Need 1 of these long shot WR's to step up, thanks in advance for your help.

Robinson/LAR vs NO - Robinson bailed me out last week. Stafford seems to have a connection with Robinson, , not sure about week 16 play with Tutu Atwell back from concussion protocol.
D. Douglas/NE @ Den - Decent player, bad offense going up against a good defense.
Parker Washington/Jax @TB - Could be an ok fill in against suspect TB secondary
Jamal Agnew/Jax @ TB - If Zay Jones is out, is Agnew the next WR in line after Ridley?
DJ Montgomery/IND @ Atl - Somebody has to catch the ball for Indy???

Which TE
Kraft @ Carolina
or Schultz vs Cle

I can make a case for either TE

Thanks for your help Irish, respect your opinion, happy holidays!
Hey Mission,

Happy Holidays! Love this time of year! No expert here but I'm happy to share what I think after many years of playing this fun game.

For WR I'll take Douglas. Agnew, while electric, is a glorified special teamer who needs just the right play called in just the right moment to hit. Atwell will affect Robinson's touches. That left me with Monty and Douglas. I want Douglas as, even though he faces the tougher defense, he will be playing from behind and I expect more activity for him playing catch up. Monty and the Colts should beat the Falcons and will likely lean on their running game more, especially if Taylor is back.

I literally see the TEs as similar for this week. However, I'll take Kraft as I think he has a greater chance at more targets and more yards. They have an even shot at scoring imo, which is low.

GL!

Full PPR- have to start 2 WR and Flex in another- CeeDee is in, need to choose from Kupp, Nakua, or DeVonta Smith.
Thanks!
What's up Grant,

I get the idea of reverse stacking but I just like to choose the players in the best positions, that will likely score the most. In this case, I want both Rams' WRs as I think they'll more likely be in a more competitive game and be active throughout. I think the Eagles take out some frustrations on the G-men and while, Smith could be a reason they get up big, I think the running game may be relied on more down the stretch.

GL and Happy Holidays!

Appreciate and enjoy getting opinions from others.
Here's two if anyone has the time:
FFPC scoring:

Team A: Need TWO flexes:

D.Singletary vs Cleve
A.Thielen vs GB
D.Goedert vs NYG
Z.Flowers @ SF

Team B: Need TWO flexes:

D.Wicks @ Car
C.Samuel @ NYJ
T.Lockett @ Tenn
C.Otton vs Jax
Hello Rubi,

Team A:
Singletary without hesitation and then Flowers in a coin flip over Thielen.

Team B:
This one is a no brainer for me - Lockett and Samuel.

GL and Happy Holidays!

Thanks!
What's up Grant,

I get the idea of reverse stacking but I just like to choose the players in the best positions, that will likely score the most. In this case, I want both Rams' WRs as I think they'll more likely be in a more competitive game and be active throughout. I think the Eagles take out some frustrations on the G-men and while, Smith could be a reason they get up big, I think the running game may be relied on more down the stretch.

GL and Happy Holidays!
Thanks Irish, good luck to you and Happy Holidays as well!

Thanks!
What's up Grant,

GL and Happy Holidays!
Hi Irish3- Forgot to ask, Stafford for the 3 Ram stack or Baker? Couple of things concern me, Rams run the ball a lot and my 3 Rams don't put up numbers, or, can Baker do it 2 weeks in a row and put up great numbers? Ugh...

Thanks!
What's up Grant,

GL and Happy Holidays!
Hi Irish3- Forgot to ask, Stafford for the 3 Ram stack or Baker? Couple of things concern me, Rams run the ball a lot and my 3 Rams don't put up numbers, or, can Baker do it 2 weeks in a row and put up great numbers? Ugh...
I see them as very similar plays this week, both being on the top 10 cusp. I'd stack Stafford with those WRs though, as I like his potential for slightly more yards, and a greater chance of multiple TDs.

Thanks!
What's up Grant,

GL and Happy Holidays!
I see them as very similar plays this week, both being on the top 10 cusp. I'd stack Stafford with those WRs though, as I like his potential for slightly more yards, and a greater chance of multiple TDs.
If you are an underdog then I go with Stafford as a good game will get you a higher ceiling. If you are favored and need floor I go with Baker because if Stafford were to crap the bed then it brings everyone down and that is a bad thing if you are favored to win already. Rather spread out my exposure to not have the worse of the worst happen.

4 pt TD pass,ppr 12 team
D Carr or
N.Mullens
or can wait on Levis and pivot to Mullens

thanks for any thoughts

Thanks!
What's up Grant,

GL and Happy Holidays!
They're ranked real close, I would hate to miss out on the Stafford to Kupp/Puka score, thanks again for your input and time!

Thanks!
What's up Grant,

GL and Happy Holidays!
If you are an underdog then I go with Stafford as a good game will get you a higher ceiling. If you are favored and need floor I go with Baker because if Stafford were to crap the bed then it brings everyone down and that is a bad thing if you are favored to win already. Rather spread out my exposure to not have the worse of the worst happen.
We are at least a 10pt dog and will need some help against one of the top 2 teams in our league, thanks again for your input!

Users who are viewing this thread