What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I have some spare time, let those Fantasy questions rip... (1 Viewer)

Zeke/Chandler/Hockenson for one flex spot .5 ppr.
This is really a choice been Zeke and Chandler being it's a .5 PPR league. I'm going to take Chandler here, although both are solid plays. They'll both have similar carries and yards, Chandler slightly more and Zeke should be a bit more active in the passing game. But I like Chandler's chances of scoring more.

Happy holidays!

It’s me once again.

14-team PPR.

Lost Chase last week, so I’m debating on who to start in my FLEX spot.

Am I crazy to want to start Dontayvion Wicks over Javonte Williams?

Javonte is playing NE, who have given up no more than 54 yards rushing the past 4 weeks. Plus, Perine and Mclaughlin are always lurking.

Wicks intrigues me. Watson is likely out. Reed is questionable, and Wicks’ advanced stats are jaw-dropping.

Thoughts?

Happy holidays!

It’s me once again.

14-team PPR.

Lost Chase last week, so I’m debating on who to start in my FLEX spot.

Am I crazy to want to start Dontayvion Wicks over Javonte Williams?

Javonte is playing NE, who have given up no more than 54 yards rushing the past 4 weeks. Plus, Perine and Mclaughlin are always lurking.

Wicks intrigues me. Watson is likely out. Reed is questionable, and Wicks’ advanced stats are jaw-dropping.

Thoughts?
What's happening Q!
Happy Holidays!
Sucks losing Chase, especially during the playoffs. I completely understand your thoughts on the matchups for these 2 players, Wicks and Javonte. However, I'm not playing Wicks over Javonte. Both have poor matchups as the Panthers' pass D is a solid as the Pats' rush D, so both have an uphill battle. The Packers, on the road, will likely run the ball a ton against a bottom tier Panthers' rush defense and try to play solid D in return. The packets should be playing with the lead in the 4th and running the clock out. The Broncos should also be playing with the lead in the 4th and trying to run the clock out. Therefore, I think Javonte finishes with more overall yardage than Wicks and I like Javonte's chances of scoring better.

GL

This is really a choice been Zeke and Chandler being it's a .5 PPR league. I'm going to take Chandler here, although both are solid plays. They'll both have similar carries and yards, Chandler slightly more and Zeke should be a bit more active in the passing game. But I like Chandler's chances of scoring more.
Even if Matttison is a go? Looks like Stevenson already out for NE.

Even if Matttison is a go? Looks like Stevenson already out for NE.
I think both have really solid weeks but with no Stevenson and Mattison active, Zeke has a greater advantage and should be a top 10 play this week. Chandler should be a top 15 play. Zeke will likely be more active in the passing game but with .5 PPR that's minimized a bit.

I have a similar thread elsewhere that I've run for many years, so thought I'd do the same here as well.
If I have time, I'll do the best I can to give my 2 cents and try to help. I know nothing more than any of you but I do know that it feels good to chat about those weekly frustrating decisions and have people to commiserate with and even blame. ;)
Flex play Palmer or Noah Brown week 16

14 team PPR league

I have a similar thread elsewhere that I've run for many years, so thought I'd do the same here as well.
If I have time, I'll do the best I can to give my 2 cents and try to help. I know nothing more than any of you but I do know that it feels good to chat about those weekly frustrating decisions and have people to commiserate with and even blame. ;)
Flex play Palmer or Noah Brown week 16

14 team PPR league

Similar plays imo. I'll take Palmer though as I like his chances of better racking up better yardage, with a similar scoring chance.

8 man PPR league with 1 qb, 2 rbs, 2wrs, 2 flex (te, wr,rb) defense and kicker. My team consists of:

Trevor Lawrence, Baker Mayfield (drafted Burrows but....)
J Mixon, J. Jacobs, J. Taylor, K Williams, J Ford, R Stevenson, Z. Charbonnet
S Diggs, D Adams, J Waddle, Nico Collins,
Even Engram
Cowboys. Cleveland
Butker
Currently in semi finals

The only spot I am struggling with at this point is my last flex. I like what Waddle did last week without Hill but if Hill is back not sure what to expect. Also Dallas is the 6th best against the pass. Taylor should play based on early practice reports and Moss is injured. However, Atlanta is #2 against the run this year. Right now my line up will look like
QB Lawrence if healthy
RBs K. Williams and Joe Mixon
WRs Diggs and Adams
FLX Jacobs if healthy and Waddle or Taylor

Thanks for any help given. I will defiantly give my thoughts on your team if needed.

8 man PPR league with 1 qb, 2 rbs, 2wrs, 2 flex (te, wr,rb) defense and kicker. My team consists of:

Trevor Lawrence, Baker Mayfield (drafted Burrows but....)
J Mixon, J. Jacobs, J. Taylor, K Williams, J Ford, R Stevenson, Z. Charbonnet
S Diggs, D Adams, J Waddle, Nico Collins,
Even Engram
Cowboys. Cleveland
Butker
Currently in semi finals

The only spot I am struggling with at this point is my last flex. I like what Waddle did last week without Hill but if Hill is back not sure what to expect. Also Dallas is the 6th best against the pass. Taylor should play based on early practice reports and Moss is injured. However, Atlanta is #2 against the run this year. Right now my line up will look like
QB Lawrence if healthy
RBs K. Williams and Joe Mixon
WRs Diggs and Adams
FLX Jacobs if healthy and Waddle or Taylor

Thanks for any help given. I will defiantly give my thoughts on your team if needed.
What's up Hot Dog,

I would start Taylor over Mixon as the RB2. Then all 3 WRs, Waddle as your flex over Mixon and Jacobs. The only other option I like, aside from Waddle, is Mixon. They're next and neck as I see them with an equivalent chance at scoring, similar yardage but Waddle having more receptions in a PPR, gets the nod.

Full Pt PPR need one of two- Pollard or Chandler(did I really just type that?) and then Hopkins or Singletary. Thanks! Both are obviously flex options.

Full Pt PPR need one of two- Pollard or Chandler(did I really just type that?) and then Hopkins or Singletary. Thanks! Both are obviously flex options.
Sorry, missed this one. Would've gone Pollard and Hopkins.

Ok. Last couple of questions, sensei!

Which DEF?

LV @ IND - hottest defense in the league
PHI v ARI - good matchup but PHI D not great
LAR @ NYG - not really good matchup w/Tyrod

Which FLEX?

Ja’Marr Chase v KC - will play him if he’s active

Javonte Williams v LAC - going against poor defense, but how will Russ benching affect run game; worried Payton will pivot to McLaughlin

Demario Douglas @ BUF - arguably best WR on NEP and good game script

Darius Slayton v LAR - Taylor likes him and good game script

Ok. Last couple of questions, sensei!

Which DEF?

LV @ IND - hottest defense in the league
PHI v ARI - good matchup but PHI D not great
LAR @ NYG - not really good matchup w/Tyrod

Which FLEX?

Ja’Marr Chase v KC - will play him if he’s active

Javonte Williams v LAC - going against poor defense, but how will Russ benching affect run game; worried Payton will pivot to McLaughlin

Demario Douglas @ BUF - arguably best WR on NEP and good game script

Darius Slayton v LAR - Taylor likes him and good game script
Hey Q,

The Raiders are my least favorite option from those 3. I'm leaning going with the Eagles here. The matchup alone moves me in this direction.

You likely start Javonte in the flex. Chase would be #1 but probably won't end up as an option.

GL

Stroud or Mayfield? 6 point passing tds, 300 yd bonus, Opponent has Mayfield's favorite reciever in Evans but Evans has struggled vs the Saints. I am a slight favorite in my championship game

Stroud or Mayfield? 6 point passing tds, 300 yd bonus, Opponent has Mayfield's favorite reciever in Evans but Evans has struggled vs the Saints. I am a slight favorite in my championship game
Hey Lazy,

I see them as similar but give me Stroud. I think he pops for more yardage passing and rushing, has a greater chance at multiple TDs and less of a turnover risk.

GL!

12 team league, 1 ppr. Hitting you up one last time, playing for a respectable 3rd place considering everyone of my core WR's was injured, and lost for the season, or most of the season (Jefferson, Bourne, Dell, Kirk, Douglas concussion)

So, in keeping with my WR's limping into the playoffs with Jefferson (the good news) and D. Robinson (the surprise news) I have 1 spot open.

Do I start an injured DJ Moore vs Atlanta. Reports have been mixed, with some listing Moore as sustaining a high ankle sprain last week, but nothing official out of Chicago. Atlanta has been fairly stout against the pass, hate to sit Moore, but last weeks dud certainly hurt my semi-final point total and makes me a bit leary.

Or do I start D, Douglas @ Buffalo. Douglas is my only decent option, WW is bare. Buffalo at home, playing for their playoff life, not a great combo.

Defense (pick 1):

Philly vs Arizona - thought for sure Philly would be a good play last week vs the Giants, they weren't. Philly D has not been very good for FF points this year, but its the Cards...

Las Vegas @ Indy - sure wish I had played the Raiders D last week, if so I would be playing for the Championship. Raiders Defense has been on fire the last 2 weeks. Was seriously considering going with them against Indy. But it seems like Pittman will be playing the week, my only hesitation.

Houston vs Tenn - Houston @ home, Stroud might be playing, Houston still alive in the playoffs, plus they shut down the Titans 2 weeks ago, could be a decent option.

Jax vs Carolina - Originally thought going against Carolina and Bryce Young was a sold play. Not so sure now after the offensive explosion against GB last week.

Thanks in advance, appreciate all your help and good advice. Happy and heathy New Year to you and your family.

Anything you would try and do to this 14 team standard scoring dynasty team:

- Finished 13-1, but lost in the semis to a team that blew up (Dak, Puca, Gibbs, and Sanders combined for over 100)

My team:

Mahomes, Goff
CMC, Barkley, Etienne, JJacobs
ARSB, Kupp, Aiyuk, Higgins, JSN, TTucker, Metchie, Thielen
Andrews, Hockenson, JJohnson
Tucker
Buffalo, NYJets
Taxi Squad: KMiller, AIosivas

2024 Picks: 2.01, 2.08, 2.13
2025 Picks: 1-1st, 2-2nds, 2-3rds

Thanks.

Last edited:
12 team league, 1 ppr. Hitting you up one last time, playing for a respectable 3rd place considering everyone of my core WR's was injured, and lost for the season, or most of the season (Jefferson, Bourne, Dell, Kirk, Douglas concussion)

So, in keeping with my WR's limping into the playoffs with Jefferson (the good news) and D. Robinson (the surprise news) I have 1 spot open.

Do I start an injured DJ Moore vs Atlanta. Reports have been mixed, with some listing Moore as sustaining a high ankle sprain last week, but nothing official out of Chicago. Atlanta has been fairly stout against the pass, hate to sit Moore, but last weeks dud certainly hurt my semi-final point total and makes me a bit leary.

Or do I start D, Douglas @ Buffalo. Douglas is my only decent option, WW is bare. Buffalo at home, playing for their playoff life, not a great combo.

Defense (pick 1):

Philly vs Arizona - thought for sure Philly would be a good play last week vs the Giants, they weren't. Philly D has not been very good for FF points this year, but its the Cards...

Las Vegas @ Indy - sure wish I had played the Raiders D last week, if so I would be playing for the Championship. Raiders Defense has been on fire the last 2 weeks. Was seriously considering going with them against Indy. But it seems like Pittman will be playing the week, my only hesitation.

Houston vs Tenn - Houston @ home, Stroud might be playing, Houston still alive in the playoffs, plus they shut down the Titans 2 weeks ago, could be a decent option.

Jax vs Carolina - Originally thought going against Carolina and Bryce Young was a sold play. Not so sure now after the offensive explosion against GB last week.

Thanks in advance, appreciate all your help and good advice. Happy and heathy New Year to you and your family.

Hey Mission,

Sounds good, let's give it a look...

If DJ Moore is playing and living out dying with him as he has the most upside. The tougher selection for me is whether to play Robinson or Douglas.

At defense, I'm leaning the Jags over the Eagles, just because of the matchup. I'd rather face the Panthers instead of the Cards. Houston would be my 3rd choice.

GL!

- Finished 13-1, but lost in the semis to a team that blew up (Dak, Puca, Gibbs, and Sanders combined for over 100)

My team:

Mahomes, Goff
Tucker
Buffalo, NYJets

Thanks.
What's up Bearsfan,

That is a solid win now team for sure.
I would see what you could possibly get for Goff, Kupp and Jacobs.
Targets -
QBs- Richardson, Tua, Lawrence, Purdy
WRs- Olave, Waddle, Devonta Smith, London, DJ Moore, Pittman
RBs- Hall, Achane

My team:

Mahomes, Goff
Tucker
Buffalo, NYJets

Thanks.
What's up Bearsfan,

That is a solid win now team for sure.
I would see what you could possibly get for Goff, Kupp and Jacobs.
Targets -
QBs- Richardson, Tua, Lawrence, Purdy
WRs- Olave, Waddle, Devonta Smith, London, DJ Moore, Pittman
RBs- Hall, Achane
Thanks for the reply ..

QBs you mentioned will be tough to get .. all of them are starting for their respective teams
WRs - Waddle and Olave are on the same team but not sure the cost to get them.. trying not to part with ARSB and Aiyuk .. could deal Higgins and JSN in a deal .. may be able to deal Kupp for Christian Watson and the team with Watson needs another WR for championship match
RBs - Achane I know is almost untouchable as he is on same team with Hurts, AJ Brown and Jefferson; Hall will take a haul to get him.

14 team dynasty.. standard scoring

Kupp and mid to late 2024 2nd
for
McBride

Thoughts? I have Andrews and TJHockenson. Good TE are hard to come by

for
McBride

Not a big fan of that deal as I prefer both Hockenson and Andrews to McBride and you're giving up Kupp and a 2nd for him. I'd pass.

for
McBride

Not a big fan of that deal as I prefer both Hockenson and Andrews to McBride and you're giving up Kupp and a 2nd for him. I'd pass.
Understand.. I couldn't get much for Kupp at this point. TEs are harder to come by in our 14 team and can flip a TE for a younger wr easier than trading Kupp for a young wr

for
McBride

Understand.. I couldn't get much for Kupp at this point. TEs are harder to come by in our 14 team and can flip a TE for a younger wr easier than trading Kupp for a young wr
Makes sense, especially in a 14 team league and Kupp's value dipping a bit compared to Puka's. Worth a shot.

for
McBride

Are you competing next year or rebuilding? If you are rebuilding I do it if TE's are that hard to get in your league. If you are competing then keep Kupp and trade mid season to a contender if you fall out of contention.

for
McBride

Are you competing next year or rebuilding? If you are rebuilding I do it if TE's are that hard to get in your league. If you are competing then keep Kupp and trade mid season to a contender if you fall out of contention.
I am competing.. lost in semis this year but was to the championship previous 4 years. I am able to start 3 rb with CMC, Etienne, and Barkley so only need to start 1 Wr with ARSB. Also have Aiyuk, Higgins, and JSN. I think I am in position to contend for a couple years.

RB2 - PPR
Pollard Saturday night or Z.White Sunday.

If I was 100% sure Jacobs was out i'd lock in White but with Dallas playing saturday I'm hesitant.

RB2 - PPR

If I was 100% sure Jacobs was out i'd lock in White but with Dallas playing saturday I'm hesitant.
Hey Bob,

Just can't take the risk here, especially with the expectation that Jacobs plays, so start Pollard.

GL and Happy New Year!

RB2 - PPR

Hey Bob,

Just can't take the risk here, especially with the expectation that Jacobs plays, so start Pollard.

GL and Happy New Year!

On Friday Jacobs was moved from questionable to doubtful. Really thinking even if he does play White will get enough to justify against a weak Indy defense.
Pollard's last 2 weeks... 7.7 & 5.3. 🤢

RB2 - PPR

Hey Bob,

GL and Happy New Year!

On Friday Jacobs was moved from questionable to doubtful. Really thinking even if he does play White will get enough to justify against a weak Indy defense.

Did a little more digging and feel more comfortable now. Pollard's last 2 games were on the road. (7.7 & 5.3) the 3 games prior were at home (22.3, 17.3 & 16.6) plus Rico is out. TP should a bigger piece of the load.

RB2 - PPR

Hey Bob,

GL and Happy New Year!

Did a little more digging and feel more comfortable now. Pollard's last 2 games were on the road. (7.7 & 5.3) the 3 games prior were at home (22.3, 17.3 & 16.6) plus Rico is out. TP should a bigger piece of the load.
Yeah, stick with Pollard.

RB2 - PPR

Hey Bob,

GL and Happy New Year!

Boy, Pollard has really sucked and disappointed greatly!

Users who are viewing this thread