What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I just had surgery to stop my snoring (1 Viewer)

I don't have sleep apnea. I come from a long line of snorers. Breathe right strips do nothing for me. Its worse when im on my back but i snore when i sleep on my stomach too. Booze makes it worse. Im 5'9, 160lbs so im not fat. Tried those mouth guard things... i snore right through em. Taping my mouth shut is the only thing that seems to work.

ETA Wife informs me that I snore with my mouth closed as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
update:

bought the ZYPPAH, followed the instructions on how to fit it, used it for 2 nights, found it on the floor both mornings, called ZYPPAH, refunded the $100 the next day, no return required, threw it away, still fat, still snoring.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a new implantable device that stimulates a nerve that stops you from snoring. Don't know how well it works but I bet if you google it you'll find it. Company is in MN and the device was approved last year I believe.
Where is it implanted? :oldunsure:
I think he is talking about the Pillar Procedure which implants in the back roof of your mouth to reduce vibration.
No I'm not talking about pillar. https://www.inspiresleep.com/ Inspire medical. It was just approved this last year. Small implant done as an outpatient. It monitors your breathing at night and when you snore stimulates a muscle that causes your tongue to move thus stopping snoring. Has been well received thus far is my understanding.
Anyone tried this or done more research on it?

Getting fitted next week for one of these

Guy I work with says it worked for him.  Been reluctant to pull the trigger because the guard is $1,100.   :bag:

I think I'll try a cheap retainer to start. I'm hoping to avoid the Vader mask if at all possible. 

Getting fitted next week for one of these

Guy I work with says it worked for him.  Been reluctant to pull the trigger because the guard is $1,100.   :bag:
Forgot to update this, but wife says 90% better with this product. 

Not cheap, but you pay for what you get. Molded to your teeth it fits well.  Recommend. 

Users who are viewing this thread