What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I just laid a guy out on the floor at work (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
Coming back to the office from lunch today, I was coming in from the loading dock. To get into the building you enter a door that leads down a small hallway to another door. The hallway is like the underbelly of the building, back where maintenance works. As I get to the second door, I push on it to enter the actual building.

The door swings halfway open before hitting some guy that was walking towards the door from the other direction. Now, I couldn't see the guy so I don't know what he was doing before the door hit him. But it wasn't like I kicked the door in like I was entering a shack in Fallujah. But for some reason, the door must have hit this guy perfectly because I knocked him over into a backwards half-somersault. As he lay on his back, panic set in like I just seriously hurt this guy, but at the same time, I'm fighting back laughter because it was hysterical seeing this dude flip.

For the record, guy was probably about my age, so it's not like he was elderly. Thank God. Doing my best not to laugh, I asked him if he was all right as he started to gather himself back up. By now, about 5 or 6 people had stopped to look at us. He said, "I'm so sorry. Are you all right?" At first I thought he was being sarcastic. But he wasn't. I said I was fine and he apologized again.

As I walked away, I kept replaying the incident over and over again in my head, and each time it became harder and harder to hold back laughing. What kind of guy gets hit by a door and apologizes for being hit? It was the weirdest thing. I felt like I was on a hidden camera show.

The good news is, as of now, it does not appear that he is actually one of my bosses. Always one of my first worries when something like this happens. :mellow:

Maybe your new work Wranglers are giving you superhuman powers? All that extra crotch room really upping your Testosterone levels maybe.

I'm actually kind of surprised no one here made a joke about the words "laid a guy" being in the thread title. FFA seems to be falling down of late. :shrug:

I wish you'd acknowledged him just enough to step over him and be on your way. We might have gotten a proper friday thread from him.

I wish you'd acknowledged him just enough to step over him and be on your way. We might have gotten a proper friday thread from him.
That would have been awesome. Maybe have let out a loud Ultimate Warrior type scream before stepping over him.

Are you sure you weren't the one that got laid out, and that you didn't suffer a massive concussion causing you to misremember the whole thing? I'd get that checked out.

I am bummed - I thought this was going to be about you punching some dude's lights out while defending the honor of the company whoor.....

Users who are viewing this thread