What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I Just Thought Of Something (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
So, I was listening to Andrew Jackson Jihad recently, and they actually had this line -- "And I'd like to be a big ball of meat so bees can buzz around when I die/so I might be granted one sense of purpose" 

Who writes that/who feels that? I cannot meet them halfway. There's no sense of purpose in that. 

Good day.  

So, I was listening to Andrew Jackson Jihad recently, and they actually had this line -- "And I'd like to be a big ball of meat so bees can buzz around when I die/so I might be granted one sense of purpose" 

Who writes that/who feels that? I cannot meet them halfway. There's no sense of purpose in that. 

Good day.  
Sounds like John Daly discovered Lao Tzu.

Good day.  
I don't feel that way. Knowing were all meaningless, means we can only gain value by elevating those around us.

That's my purpose, agenda, life statement at this point. If we're all meaningless, he who helps the most has lived best.

I don't feel that way. Knowing were all meaningless, means we can only gain value by elevating those around us.

That's my purpose, agenda, life statement at this point. If we're all meaningless, he who helps the most has lived best.
Eminence, you're a good kid. I'll apologize now for my stuff last week. 

That's a great purpose, man. Live it. Be it.  

Good day.  
Why would bees buzz around meat?  Perhaps he means flies.

Good day.  
Good job Tim

Sounds like you've read Ecclesiastes.

This is probably my favorite part of that whole book, and more or less captures what the entire 12 chapters are trying to say:

So I reflected on all this and concluded that the righteous and the wise and what they do are in God’s hands, but no one knows whether love or hate awaits them.  All share a common destiny—the righteous and the wicked, the good and the bad, the clean and the unclean, those who offer sacrifices and those who do not.

As it is with the good,
    so with the sinful;
as it is with those who take oaths,
    so with those who are afraid to take them.

This is the evil in everything that happens under the sun: The same destiny overtakes all. The hearts of people, moreover, are full of evil and there is madness in their hearts while they live, and afterward they join the dead. Anyone who is among the living has hope—even a live dog is better off than a dead lion!

For the living know that they will die,
    but the dead know nothing;
they have no further reward,
    and even their name is forgotten.
Their love, their hate
    and their jealousy have long since vanished;
never again will they have a part
    in anything that happens under the sun.

Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do.  Always be clothed in white, and always anoint your head with oil. 9 Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun—all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun. Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

At first i thought you were talking about a podcast. Quickly came to realize it is a band with an awful name

Anyway,  after googling, they are playing in Brooklyn tomorrow. I will find them, show them your post and report back their answer. 

At first i thought you were talking about a podcast. Quickly came to realize it is a band with an awful name

Anyway,  after googling, they are playing in Brooklyn tomorrow. I will find them, show them your post and report back their answer. 
Now that's service.

No. It's reductive. It gives nothing to God. There is no secular humanism, IMHO. It's God or bust. 
Yeah, but Kanyesus said last Sunday (everybody thinks it was Saturday cuz it was on SNL but it was actually Sunday when he said it - i pick these these things up like that cuz i'm clever - and i figure when Kanyeezy speaks to me on a Sunday i damn well better listen), he said "Think with you heart, not with your head because that's how they program you". So I'm thinking with my heart all the way and all i got in my heart right now is a little burn from my breakfast sausage, so i'm pretty much thinking about sausage but it's better than getting programmed....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but Kanyesus said last Sunday (everybody thinks it was Saturday cuz it was on SNL but it was actually Sunday when he said it - i pick these these things up like that cuz i'm clever - and i figure when Kanyeezy speaks to me on a Sunday i damn well better listen), he said "Think with you heart, not with your head because that's how they program you". So I'm thinking with my heart all the way and all i got in my heart now is a little burn from my breakfast sausage, so i'm pretty much thinking about sausage but it's better than getting programmed....
:thumbup:

We gonna be alright. Just not at the gates.   

Actually OP, Neil Degrasse Tyson did an interview with Larry King a few years back, you can check it on YouTube, shares a very similar sentiment.

I'm paraphrasing here, but he said something to the effect of:

"When I die I want to be buried. I want worms to crawl and eat through me, so that I can provide sustenance to them the same way that they have provided for me during my life."

what does he mean "i would like to be"?  are we not big balls of meat who ultimately expire and provide sustenance for other life forms?

Actually OP, Neil Degrasse Tyson did an interview with Larry King a few years back, you can check it on YouTube, shares a very similar sentiment.

I'm paraphrasing here, but he said something to the effect of:

"When I die I want to be buried. I want worms to crawl and eat through me, so that I can provide sustenance to them the same way that they have provided for me during my life."
Wow. How we view death is crazy. Thanks for sharing.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Life may be a sequel.

I've always remembered these 2 powerful images from our buddies, the Hare Krishnas:

Sequel1

Sequel2
I always remembered Bloom County's and Airplane's response to the Krishnas, actually. I can't link because of copyright and other issues. Which is why copyright should be subject to a higher law, too.  

Users who are viewing this thread