What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I played ARich in Week 5 over ________________. Update: 4-8 weeks he is likely OUT and might not see the field again this year (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
-Hottest ticket at QB going into this weekend
Some traded him away as their QB2 for some solid prospects
And some decided to trade away their QB1 such as Herbert and roll with ARich for '23

Go!

Did not finish the game Week 1 and 2, most seemed to shrug that off

Out Weeks 3 and mostly quiet 1st Half Week 4

Week 5 it appeared to be a great match up and a lot of folks benched superior talent for the potential of 80-120yds rushing?
That seems to be the appeal here

We roll into Week 6, many had this guy Top 10 in Redraft, are we still on that same arc/trajectory?
-I've heard that it's more about his Fantasy appeal vs his real NFL talent and don't confuse the 2 of them....OK well here we are.

Last edited:
The first one that pops up across multiple leagues is Justin Fields

42 vs 5...that had to happen to a few folks
This was a big week for Richardson, many pushed their chips in with him, surprised we aren't hearing more from both sides of this.
I faced many with ARich starting today, several benched Fields but there were lots of QBs in play today.

The first one that pops up across multiple leagues is Justin Fields

42 vs 5...that had to happen to a few folks
This was a big week for Richardson, many pushed their chips in with him, surprised we aren't hearing more from both sides of this.
I faced many with ARich starting today, several benched Fields but there were lots of QBs in play today.
Yep.

Opponent had DJ Moore so it wouldn’ta mattered…but still.

Yup started Arich over Fields. Ended up with 120 vs 139. Other than that, had a perfect lineup. (This league has no flex position). To make things worse, I'm from Chicago. Hah.

Luv(ed) everything about ARich as a fantasy QB, except for his fatal flaw - dude has never been able to stay healthy, and when I watch(ed) him play, I conclude(d) it's a feature and not a bug.

I have him in 6 of 8 leagues. In one, he is my only QB. This week, started him over Burrow and 2 Herberts (on bye). Don't think the Burrow one was a bad call.

However, I was going to try to trade him in the next few weeks in most leagues. :cry:

AC Joint sprain-Grade 3 and will likely miss a month if not more

I don't think it's fair to say running QB-injury prone more likely but I did question when folks in Redraft were praising him.
I'm not sure if the AC sprain was a sack or tackle, I did not watch the game as I was watching Mia-NYG and a couple others.

A lot of folks picked up ARich on waivers while others drafted him as their QB2, and some actually traded away much higher ranked QBs to roll with ARich this past week.
We won't be able to assess much else until we see him suited up and ready to play.

Week 1-Did not finish but sparked a lot of folks who invested in him
Week 2- Did not finish the game, Concussion that kept him out Week 3
Week 3-Concussion
Week 4-Started off 4 for 9 and dug a 20-0 deficit before finding some stats.
Week 5-SHoulder/AC Joint-Grade 3 and likely done for the next 4-6 weeks
Week 6-AC Joint-Grade 3
Week 7-AC Joint-Grade 3
Week 8-AC Joint Grade 3
Week 9-AC Joint-Grade 3
Week 10-???
Week 11-Bye

He should be ready for the Final 6-7 games, in redraft this will be a good time to BUY Low if you believe in his skill set

Week 5-SHoulder/AC Joint-Grade 3 and likely done for the next 4-6 weeks
Where are you seeing 4-6 weeks?
Good question

When I see "2nd opinion"
-Kupp was getting a 2nd opinion back in Week 1 and then landed on I/R, I would anticipate the Colts do that and take the burden off ARich having to answer about his return.

Ian Rappaport

Might be going on injured reserve for a while, some are saying this could be a 2 month injury.
I want a 2nd thread because a lot of dynasty folks fill the other one and they get their feelings hurt, a lot.

I'll probably change the header on this at some point but I said this guy was a BUST the night he was drafted but people got so excited that he was going to run over everyone in the NFL and that surely has not been the case.

I also said that NO WAY can all 3 QBs drafted 1-2-4 be good right out of the box and so far Stroud is the clear winner
I said he was the most NFL ready when you watched OhioState-Georgia in the BCS
I never saw ARich standing tall with the Gators in anything that resembled that, why would the NFL be even easier for ARich vs college?

Might be going on injured reserve for a while, some are saying this could be a 2 month injury.
I want a 2nd thread because a lot of dynasty folks fill the other one and they get their feelings hurt, a lot.

I'll probably change the header on this at some point but I said this guy was a BUST the night he was drafted but people got so excited that he was going to run over everyone in the NFL and that surely has not been the case.

I also said that NO WAY can all 3 QBs drafted 1-2-4 be good right out of the box and so far Stroud is the clear winner
I never saw ARich standing tall with the Gators in anything that resembled that, why would the NFL be even easier for ARich vs college?

Other than injury risk you were completely wrong about ARich. In dynasty and redraft.

Other than injury risk you were completely wrong about ARich. In dynasty and redraft.
Would you not agree he's a bust his rookie season?
But I love your post, I have more respect for you doubling down
-I think you know how I am.

All good, it's why I wanted another thread to voice my opinions on him.
I still think the Colts will be picking a new QB in the next 1-2 seasons but I hope you're right about ARich, will give us all another QB to find on Draft Day

I don't believe he is destined for greatness and I don't think he is a great pocket passer and that's typically how I judge Quarterbacks and their success rate in the NFL
And mostly him taking off on 1st down and then getting injured for most of the season, cannot finish a game he starts
It could all change in the off season but for Redraft 2023, I feel pretty confident my allergic reaction to him starting for the Colts is pretty spot on

And another thing...

-I watch the bigger games with the better teams very closely. Some of these players benefit from so much talent around them like Geno Toretta back in the early 90s.
-I watched CJ Stroud baffle the Georgia Bulldogs at times in that game, he was outmatched in terms of talent but he fought hard and proved to me he could handle the next level

Where is that on ARich resume coming out of Florida?
I just happened to look up ARich QB rating and you say MoP is wrong about everything

43.4 and I would like to enter this as "Exhibit A" if it pleases the SP/Court of public opinion

I love when you all bring the Pain to the Ministry

Users who are viewing this thread