What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I went to a Phish show with shuke (1 Viewer)

PS THE SHOW IS STILL ON IN CASE ANY OF YOU NERDS WANT TO JOIN US

or you could just talk about politics, or Leveon Bell. 

Nerds. 

Nice show tonight. Enjoy. But couch tour is not going to a show—get out there and see what it is all about.

Virtually

We just watched together at the same time in one of those Facebook live feeds of a show. 

WELCOME THIS IS A FARMHOUSE

Hey @shuke

:hifive:  
Hopefully they played better songs than that one. Fluffhead, Divided Sky, YEM? Did you hear any of those classics?

I really enjoyed that one extended free form jam. 
welcome aboard phanner, always room on the phish train

I would suggest getting "Hampton Comes Alive" for starters then backtrack and make your way through the fall 95 tour.  that should get you up to speed

I would suggest getting "Hampton Comes Alive" for starters then backtrack and make your way through the fall 95 tour.  that should get you up to speed
I disagree on starting with that album. I’d suggest starting with their first record Junta and work your way up chronologically. Junta also happens to be my favorite record of all time. It’s a prog rock masterpiece. 

I disagree on starting with that album. I’d suggest starting with their first record Junta and work your way up chronologically. Junta also happens to be my favorite record of all time. It’s a prog rock masterpiece. 
I hear what you are saying but for a noobie HCA has great sound and a hodge podge of songs, lots of quick quirky tunes, some good jamming and some covers.  Phish as you know is not a good studio band in the classic sense.  To get the gist of them I think HamptonCA is a good bench mark and then like I said to really get into their style the 95 run sets you straight.  I would recommend "A Live One" but I fear the tweezer may turn off someone who is not expecting that

I hear what you are saying but for a noobie HCA has great sound and a hodge podge of songs, lots of quick quirky tunes, some good jamming and some covers.  Phish as you know is not a good studio band in the classic sense.  To get the gist of them I think HamptonCA is a good bench mark and then like I said to really get into their style the 95 run sets you straight.  I would recommend "A Live One" but I fear the tweezer may turn off someone who is not expecting that
They are not a good studio band from a sales perspective. But their studio records, particularly the first few, are fantastic analog recordings. Hampton is not a record I really like and I totally disagree that it has great sound. It’s a live album recorded indoor, there is too much air and echo for lack of a better term. I dunno. I’m an audiophile nerd who listens mostly to vinyl. Hampton Comes Alive wouldn’t be in my top 100 recommendations for getting into Phish. Just my humble opinion 

i think they are pretty cool but not my favorite and it doesnt matter if i like them if someone else does because everyone should be able to like there own music and that is why the oofdy scale is stupid take that to the bank brohans 

i think they are pretty cool but not my favorite and it doesnt matter if i like them if someone else does because everyone should be able to like there own music and that is why the oofdy scale is stupid take that to the bank brohans 
who is your fav?

Few of you guys seem to be missing the sarcasm. 

I may be one of them.  So you don’t like them?  Why were you watching?
I like them. But I was trying to make a joke when I mentioned I like that one song with the long jam.

THAT’S EVERY PHISH CONCERT START TO FINISH 

But really, I listened to them a bunch mostly the in 90s and a bit in the 2000s.  Didn’t get them at first but then loved it.  Haven’t listened much in the last 10-15 years. 

who is your fav?
looking glass obviously followed by the stones and then it gets wierd you could go with some boston with some early van halen with a hint of nina simone and a dash of prince maybe a little hendrix some tony rice and lord huron and maybe a little zepplin into steely dan basically i am all over the place but like good music and i do like some phish and even ocassionally enjoy the grateful dead although some of there fans drive me bonkers take that to the bank bromigos  

Users who are viewing this thread