What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Free Agents/News. Judon/Church/Calais/Jefferson/ChJones/Cyprien/Timmons/Sheard/JPP/Hankins (1 Viewer)

Roto is known for changing guys based on where they actually line up.  He's listed on Roto at 265 so unless he's added a lot of bulk and/or Hankins doesn't return this may be a risky thing to count on to actually pay out.  It could be a sneaky play in DT required leagues, I've added him to my watch list, but I"m not jumping just yet.

Roto is known for changing guys based on where they actually line up.  He's listed on Roto at 265 so unless he's added a lot of bulk and/or Hankins doesn't return this may be a risky thing to count on to actually pay out.  It could be a sneaky play in DT required leagues, I've added him to my watch list, but I"m not jumping just yet.
Which is why I used words like "potentially" and said to watch the situation, not, go get this guy or you just lost your league. 

Nor was mine, I already made it clear this was just a situation to keep an eye on and it has potentially some good return on most likely a small investment. I think we are all aware of how wishy washy ROTO world is and how they change player designations all summer up until the final week or so before the season kicks off. 

Like all info on here this early in the season, do with it what you want. I imagine there will be a lot of changes on most defenses between now and kickoff. 

No offense was intended. 

I actually dropped Okwara in my DT required league in favor of Nunez-Roches. I think both are basically lotto tickets but NR showed up quite a bit in limited snaps whereas Okwara did not stand out so much. Poe's departure bodes well for NR, I think. The move from DE to DT is a much riskier proposition for Okwara (who stays on my watch list, for sure).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been keeping an eye on him as well. Unfortunately both my leagues require a DT, also Grady from Atlanta. His super bowl explosion made me add him to my watch list since he's also available. 

Another step in the right direction, for sure. I've added him back just to stay ahead of the curve. Shead at cb with an injury that likely will have him missing game 1 (or more) won't be flying off the wire. 

I'm not sure when (or if) it became official but Roto has the Bills OLB's listed as DE now. Saw mention of it in the other threads but it's worth mention here. Hughes, Alexander, and Lawson currently listed at DE. 

Another step in the right direction, for sure. I've added him back just to stay ahead of the curve. Shead at cb with an injury that likely will have him missing game 1 (or more) won't be flying off the wire. 

I'm not sure when (or if) it became official but Roto has the Bills OLB's listed as DE now. Saw mention of it in the other threads but it's worth mention here. Hughes, Alexander, and Lawson currently listed at DE. 
Yes, they are playing a 4-3 for sure. Lawson, alexander, and Hughes rotating at DE. Williams,  adolphus,  and Dareus rotating at DT. Ragland MLB, preston brown WLB, and either Humber or a rookie at SLB. They have WAY too much talent up front to play a 3 man front. Adolphus is a future star...fletcher cox type potential in that dude 

Yes, they are playing a 4-3 for sure. Lawson, alexander, and Hughes rotating at DE. Williams,  adolphus,  and Dareus rotating at DT. Ragland MLB, preston brown WLB, and either Humber or a rookie at SLB. They have WAY too much talent up front to play a 3 man front. Adolphus is a future star...fletcher cox type potential in that dude 
I just started digging into the Bills and their scheme change based on Sean McDermott's installation as HC.  

I think Williams and Dareus start out as the plugs in the middle, with Adolphus possibly replacing the aging Williams as the starter at some point.  Washington will need to improve on his gap coverage in this scheme, though.  

I think the edges are set with Lawson and Hughes.  As a Hughes owner who kept him around in a big play dynasty league even with the LB designation, I'm super happy to see him back as a DL.  

LB is a mess, honestly.  Preston Brown is still regarded as a top-25 LB in dynasty circles but that number could be seriously affected if he ends up at SLB.  He just doesn't project as a MLB in McDermott's offense. I'm not sure he sticks at WLB, either.  Rotoworld currently projects him at SLB, which would be a value-killer.  It looks like Ragland is going to man the middle.  If Brown does end up being slotted at WLB, he should still rack up the tackles.  That would move Alexander or maybe Humber to SLB.  Right now Rotoworld has Humber or the rookie Milano playing WLB.  If one of them plays there full time, you're looking at a fairly nice sleeper.  

I was looking at Jeff Heath, who is the projected starting SS for Dallas.  I did not see him listed in any of the DB rankings on FBGs, but taking over Barry Church's role in the defense seems like it could produce.  Anything that I'm missing there?

I was looking at Jeff Heath, who is the projected starting SS for Dallas.  I did not see him listed in any of the DB rankings on FBGs, but taking over Barry Church's role in the defense seems like it could produce.  Anything that I'm missing there?
I read that Heath is a SS that plays the majority of his snaps as a deep, cover safety (which is atypical of SS, as we all know). Heath could be a value, it just depends on his assignment within the scheme. The fact that DAL lost 3 DBs this off season coupled with Heath's strength in coverage leads me to think he won't be your typical, in-the-box SS.

DecafMaverick said:
I read that Heath is a SS that plays the majority of his snaps as a deep, cover safety (which is atypical of SS, as we all know). Heath could be a value, it just depends on his assignment within the scheme. The fact that DAL lost 3 DBs this off season coupled with Heath's strength in coverage leads me to think he won't be your typical, in-the-box SS.
Also, Jeff Heath is not Barry Church. :lol:

Also, Jeff Heath is not Barry Church. :lol:
I never said he was Barry Church, just that he was being projected to take over Church's role in the defense as starting SS.  I found it kind of curious that he was not listed in FBG rankings or projections. I thought it was a question worth asking as Church's tackles need to go some place, even if it is a bit spread out. I don't think I've ever seen a projected starting SS with no projected tackles on this site. Maverick's explanation made sense.

Your LOL smilie is prickish.

Don Quixote said:
I never said he was Barry Church, just that he was being projected to take over Church's role in the defense as starting SS.  I found it kind of curious that he was not listed in FBG rankings or projections. I thought it was a question worth asking as Church's tackles need to go some place, even if it is a bit spread out. I don't think I've ever seen a projected starting SS with no projected tackles on this site. Maverick's explanation made sense.

Your LOL smilie is prickish.
Wow.  Sorry for bruising your delicate sensibilities.  

You asked if you were missing anything, sorry for pointing out the rather obvious as a lighthearted joke not directed towards you in any fashion.

In the future, I will respond only with facts and not playful jabs directed at players who likely don't visit this forum.  

Wow.  Sorry for bruising your delicate sensibilities.  

You asked if you were missing anything, sorry for pointing out the rather obvious as a lighthearted joke not directed towards you in any fashion.

In the future, I will respond only with facts and not playful jabs directed at players who likely don't visit this forum.  
I'm not sure who the LOL was directed at, if not toward me. I was asking what I was missing about him not being ranked as a top 60 DB by any of the FBG pros (not why he was not in the top 5-10). Like I said, I thought Maverick gave a good answer about him not playing a traditional in-the-box role. 

And I've been here since Old Yeller, and never called anyone's post to me prickish until yours. So, congrats, I guess.

I'm not sure who the LOL was directed at, if not toward me. I was asking what I was missing about him not being ranked as a top 60 DB by any of the FBG pros (not why he was not in the top 5-10). Like I said, I thought Maverick gave a good answer about him not playing a traditional in-the-box role. 

And I've been here since Old Yeller, and never called anyone's post to me prickish until yours. So, congrats, I guess.
:towelwave:

A solid, early call on Ramon Humber as a potential sleeper add. Today's blurb on mfl via rotowire states Humber still holds the starting WLB spot. 

I'd post the rotowire article but there site is sea of pain-in-the-### when it comes to getting an actual article link, so here's the link to my league site blurb which should work. 

A solid, early call on Ramon Humber as a potential sleeper add. Today's blurb on mfl via rotowire states Humber still holds the starting WLB spot. 

I'd post the rotowire article but there site is sea of pain-in-the-### when it comes to getting an actual article link, so here's the link to my league site blurb which should work. 
he was in NO for a few seasons. they couldn't decide if he was a LB or Safety, iirc. he 

Users who are viewing this thread