What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Player Possition changes (1 Viewer)

Grimace59

Footballguy
I mainly look at MFL, but how many players do you think will sites like MFL or other change certain players fantasy positioneligibility? For example Terrell Suggs is a DE on some sites, and an LB on others.

Looking at players like

Trevor Scott Oak DE (lined up at WLB and DE depending on down and situation)

Bryan Scott Buf S (lined up a WLB and S depending on down and situation)

Does anybody else think of a players who's fantasy position eligibility could change this off-season?

Last edited by a moderator:
I mainly look at MFL, but how many players do you think will sites like MFL or other change certain players fantasy positioneligibility? For example Terrell Suggs is a DE on some sites, and an LB on others.Looking at players like Trevor Scott Oak DE (lined up at WLB and DE depending on down and situation)Bryan Scott Buf S (lined up a WLB and S depending on down and situation)Does anybody else think of a players who's fantasy position eligibility could change this off-season?
MFL uses Rotoworlds depth charts so any team that goes to a 3-4 or from a 3-4 to 4-3. What defense changes are in the works right now?

I was kind of looking at if Trevor Scott would move from DE to LB next year and the same for Bryan if he's also listed as an LB. I was also wondering if there were another other players who could be listed at another position. A FF position change could really affect their value, but now it makes sense, since the Ravens changed from a 4-3 to a 3-4 that's why Suggs was changed to a OLB from a DE.

So unless the Raiders or Bills make a change the their philosophy, or either player is listed as a LB on the teams actual roster, there is a very small chance that those changes will be made players in IDP leagues.

Thanks for the info.

If Trevor Scott is still at linebacker in pre-season, then he will be relisted as a LB for sure. I'm leaning this way.

Bryan Scott could be a little trickier. He was moved to LB to keep him on the field when Whitner (I think) came back. He held his own but is viewed as light for the job at 220. It may take a while to see what shakes out in the BUF defensive backfield, but I think he returns to S even if not starting.

What about twisting this around 180 degrees and figuring out who will be next years T. Scott?

I'd love to pick up a FA DE that lines up at WLB next year. Any insight in regards to DL that may be getting decent snaps at LB next year?

Thanks!!

E

Any chance Andre Carter gets changed to a LB if the Redskins decide to go with a 3-4 defense?

Last edited by a moderator:
Buffalo is likely to be moving to a 3-4. Schobel and Maybin are likely to be the latest in a long line of 4-3 DEs to change to 3-4 OLBs.

Buffalo is likely to be moving to a 3-4. Schobel and Maybin are likely to be the latest in a long line of 4-3 DEs to change to 3-4 OLBs.
Yes I just read that. Are these 3-4 switches a fad or do you think they are long term changes?Also I don't see Kampman sticking in Green Bay who do you think will be interested in a 4-3 DE?

Seattle, Washington, and Buffalo are all expected to play at the least a hybrid 3-4. Orakpo and Carter (WAS), Darryl Tapp (SEA), and as someone mentioned Maybin and Schobel (BUF) could all gain LB eligibility.

Mr_Kennedy said:
Seattle, Washington, and Buffalo are all expected to play at the least a hybrid 3-4. Orakpo and Carter (WAS), Darryl Tapp (SEA), and as someone mentioned Maybin and Schobel (BUF) could all gain LB eligibility.
It'll be interesting to see how the Seattle defense works out.Tim Ruskell hinted that a 3-4 could be in the cards for the 2010 season in an interview about David Hawthorne. He's now gone. Defensive coordinator Gus Bradley has a strong Tampa-2 background, which dovetails nicely with the 4-3 Under that Pete Carroll favored for much of his time at USC. Carroll didn't dismiss the 3-4 in his initial press conferences, but I think the defensive line personnel and the history of Carroll and Bradley suggest that the 4-3 is likely to stick for now.

Users who are viewing this thread