What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Tier Series (1 Viewer)

Discussion of how our rankings split into tiers and how we plan to use them strategically in drafts.

Defensive Line

Linebacker

Defensive Back
These are fantastic. I see the fault lines pretty much exactly where you've drawn them. Kudos for mentioning Henry Melton who could be an absolute steal in DT-specific leagues if he continues to get reps at DE. Wondering how you guys see the young Dallas inside LBs panning out. Sean Lee vs. Bruce Carter. Who's the guy to own in dynasty leagues?

Love these, and was glad to see them arrive in time for the latter half of my drafts. I was thinking that it'd be great to have a "progress of the rookies" section, perhaps in another article, where we can track how some of this year's draftees are doing. Players like Justin Houston and Brooks Reed have flashed in preseason, and even if they're not starters it's a good thing to get some information on these 2nd and 3rd string players. One of the problems I have is that we draft players to a lot of hype, and then news about them disappears.

Looking forward to the DB tiers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Discussion of how our rankings split into tiers and how we plan to use them strategically in drafts.

Defensive Line

Linebacker

Defensive Back
These are fantastic. I see the fault lines pretty much exactly where you've drawn them. Kudos for mentioning Henry Melton who could be an absolute steal in DT-specific leagues if he continues to get reps at DE. Wondering how you guys see the young Dallas inside LBs panning out. Sean Lee vs. Bruce Carter. Who's the guy to own in dynasty leagues?
Carter may have higher upside, if you're the risk-reward type, as he probably projects to an every-down WILB role in his best case scenario. No guarantee there, though, and Lee has looked good enough to have an every-down role of his own (whether SILB or WILB) by 2012, and possibly sooner if there's an issue with Brooking during the season.

Sorry for the double posting ...

I am relatively new to IDP formats. In my 10 team league starting 3 DPs, regardless of position, and the following scoring system (sack, int, ff=4; solo tkl and passed def=1; asst tkl=0.5), I was able to draft Laurinaitis, Bishop, DJohnson, and McClain (two "High Floor LB1", and two "LB2 With Upside"). Would you drop any of these to pick up David Hawthorne who is still available on the waiver wire?

Love Hawthorne in tier 1, but didn't want to see him there in case other people in my league read this. I'm hoping to get him after 10 or so LBs go off the board.

Defensive Line

Linebacker

Defensive Back
I would like to here more about Melton. What kind of stat line can we realistically expect from him?

Melton has looked dominant in the preseason but I'd worry a little about Okoye eating into his snaps.

Users who are viewing this thread