What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Venting Thread (1 Viewer)

Seatown Mofos

Footballguy
Sorry if this is the wrong spot, but I thought it'd be fun to have a separate thread dedicated to IDP venting. No?

Anyways here is my problem: Started Harrison vs. Dal, and Ryans vs. GB over Cooper, who blew it up last night. So even before Sunday starts I'm regretting my linup. I thought Oakland wouldn't be on the field enough for Cooper to get a lot of tackles. Well, I was right cause Coop picked off two of Russel's "passes". Man, didn't see that one comming. :coffee:

Would anyone have done the same?

I made the very same decision -- in a league where I need big numbers to win.

Cooper missed some tackles last night and only 36 tackle opportunities (including only 16 rush attempts). He rarely blitzed. Absolutely no way to predict two interceptions. Hard not to be results oriented, but it'll be very surprising to see Harrison and Ryans with less than four solos.

Vent away. :lmao:

when am I going to learn. Started Ryans again this week over Coop... So far Demeco had .5 tackle, and Coop has 5 tackles 2 ast. 1 int and a pass defensed.... oof!!!

Cut Cooper for Bradie James; didn't think KC would put up this much of a fight...

Speaking of KC, wheres Carr? a big fat 0 so far

DJ Williams. Geez. Had a general rule not to start guys coming back after long layoffs until I see them. But I got knocked out of the playoffs last week in another league by not starting Schaub. So this week I start Williams. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
GROMS said:
Anthony Borbely said:
How about Freeney and Mathis putting up goose eggs vs the Lions!?? :unsure:
That is the biggest shocker I have seen all year. Unbelievable.
Mathis and Cromartie both killed me. Anyone have a clue what happened? :rolleyes:
The Indy LBs accounted for 24 tackles between the three starters which is likely higher then what opposing LBs have been avg'ing against Detroit. I would think that Daunte is just that much easier to get to then Dan and maybe it made the difference. Still though, two goose eggs is shocking and to top it off not one sack against the Lions who had given up 4 sacks in 3 straight games.

Brandon McDonald are you kidding me!? I was up by 20 pts with under 10 minutes to go and this guy continues his HUGE game by picking off Kolb's first pass and taking it back for 6. Final score (pending any stat changes). 251.75 - 250.75. Insane. McDonald scored over 31 pts in our league this week, incredible. :goodposting:

Brandon McDonald are you kidding me!? I was up by 20 pts with under 10 minutes to go and this guy continues his HUGE game by picking off Kolb's first pass and taking it back for 6. Final score (pending any stat changes). 251.75 - 250.75. Insane. McDonald scored over 31 pts in our league this week, incredible. :rolleyes:
My post is the exact opposite of yours. I was down by 15 points heading into MNF with only McDonald left to play. After his first pick I was screaming and yelling for Brandon to take it to the house. When that didn't happen I thought I'd make it close and that's all. McDonald continued to have a strong game, but not enough for me to win. Then enter Kevin Kolb. I said "Watch Brandon pick one off." When it happened I couldn't believe it! Then to put icing on the cake, he finds the endzone. I win by 7 points! Man I love this game! :goodposting:

Brandon McDonald are you kidding me!? I was up by 20 pts with under 10 minutes to go and this guy continues his HUGE game by picking off Kolb's first pass and taking it back for 6. Final score (pending any stat changes). 251.75 - 250.75. Insane. McDonald scored over 31 pts in our league this week, incredible. :lmao:
My post is the exact opposite of yours. I was down by 15 points heading into MNF with only McDonald left to play. After his first pick I was screaming and yelling for Brandon to take it to the house. When that didn't happen I thought I'd make it close and that's all. McDonald continued to have a strong game, but not enough for me to win. Then enter Kevin Kolb. I said "Watch Brandon pick one off." When it happened I couldn't believe it! Then to put icing on the cake, he finds the endzone. I win by 7 points! Man I love this game! :goodposting:
Hey this is a venting thread where I get to cry...isn't there a IDP bragging thread?! :shrug:

Brandon McDonald are you kidding me!? I was up by 20 pts with under 10 minutes to go and this guy continues his HUGE game by picking off Kolb's first pass and taking it back for 6. Final score (pending any stat changes). 251.75 - 250.75. Insane. McDonald scored over 31 pts in our league this week, incredible. :wall:
My post is the exact opposite of yours. I was down by 15 points heading into MNF with only McDonald left to play. After his first pick I was screaming and yelling for Brandon to take it to the house. When that didn't happen I thought I'd make it close and that's all. McDonald continued to have a strong game, but not enough for me to win. Then enter Kevin Kolb. I said "Watch Brandon pick one off." When it happened I couldn't believe it! Then to put icing on the cake, he finds the endzone. I win by 7 points! Man I love this game! :thumbup:
Hey this is a venting thread where I get to cry...isn't there a IDP bragging thread?! :lmao:
Another mcdonald victim up 31 points . lost by 5 . nice way to end ur season :angry:

Brandon McDonald are you kidding me!? I was up by 20 pts with under 10 minutes to go and this guy continues his HUGE game by picking off Kolb's first pass and taking it back for 6. Final score (pending any stat changes). 251.75 - 250.75. Insane. McDonald scored over 31 pts in our league this week, incredible. :angry:
My post is the exact opposite of yours. I was down by 15 points heading into MNF with only McDonald left to play. After his first pick I was screaming and yelling for Brandon to take it to the house. When that didn't happen I thought I'd make it close and that's all. McDonald continued to have a strong game, but not enough for me to win. Then enter Kevin Kolb. I said "Watch Brandon pick one off." When it happened I couldn't believe it! Then to put icing on the cake, he finds the endzone. I win by 7 points! Man I love this game! :thumbup:
Hey this is a venting thread where I get to cry...isn't there a IDP bragging thread?! :lmao:
:wall:

Brandon McDonald are you kidding me!? I was up by 20 pts with under 10 minutes to go and this guy continues his HUGE game by picking off Kolb's first pass and taking it back for 6. Final score (pending any stat changes). 251.75 - 250.75. Insane. McDonald scored over 31 pts in our league this week, incredible. :wall:
Another mcdonald victim up 31 points . lost by 5 . nice way to end ur season :angry:
Ouch and more ouch

What happened to Mike Montgomery of the Pack, put a nice fat 0 on the board for me. The jags have been good DL matchup and he gets shutout? Was he hurt?

Brutal week for me, too. We're going to have a nice little light-hearted purge on the podcast tonight to appease the IDP gods.

Some of these performances are easily explainable -- e.g. Peppers, DJ Williams and even Cromartie and JHarrison to some extent. Others, in my ever-humbled opinion, are simply throw your hands up and hang with 'em type situations. The Indy and GB defensive ends, Willis and Ryans and Tatupu, Hali and Abraham, McDonald, the Giants offensive week etc, etc. I don't think it's stubborn, pig-headed or defensive to argue that the majority of the latter situations were hard to foresee. They weren't all exactly Fusilli Jerry one-in-a-million shots, but they were on the low end of the probability curve for certain.

Here's hoping those of you in the mix this week meet with a much better fate.

Jene Bramel said:
Brutal week for me, too. We're going to have a nice little light-hearted purge on the podcast tonight to appease the IDP gods.

Some of these performances are easily explainable -- e.g. Peppers, DJ Williams and even Cromartie and JHarrison to some extent. Others, in my ever-humbled opinion, are simply throw your hands up and hang with 'em type situations. The Indy and GB defensive ends, Willis and Ryans and Tatupu, Hali and Abraham, McDonald, the Giants offensive week etc, etc. I don't think it's stubborn, pig-headed or defensive to argue that the majority of the latter situations were hard to foresee. They weren't all exactly Fusilli Jerry one-in-a-million shots, but they were on the low end of the probability curve for certain.

Here's hoping those of you in the mix this week meet with a much better fate.
I had Tatupu too. :rolleyes: Wish I would have picked Beason over him in August

Had to gamble as I played R Grant 10.3 over P Thomas 32.10 :shrug: Heck even Benson had 17.6 (22.7 pts)

Adibi - gets hurt 2.25 pts - if I had started Pisa T I would have had 12. (9.75) Timmons (18.4 - and not even a starter but I thought about starting him) My other linebackers Cooper yeah! James Harrison - 6 pts

POINTS! :rolleyes: Vilma 14.25

Played Peppers over Charles Johnson 0 vs 14.8 pts, (14.8) - even though FBG says sit Peppers - Charles Johnson is on again off again as he isn't the starter. No other choices.

Lose by 27.75

Different League

Need 19 pts to win - tackle heavy league and I have DQ Jackson (averaging 16 pts a game) against the Eagles - scores

Started D White as A Carracker hardly scores any points - A Carracker 8 pts.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Benched Greenway (10.5 pts) for Woodley (1.5 pts) and Willis (3.5 pts) and lost by 4 pts

Willis has been a tremendous bust come crunchtime. Killed me the same way Demeco Ryans kiled me lat year

Users who are viewing this thread